Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 45

ZACKyBoy, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: Fulop: despite Trump, Jersey City remains 'welcoming' to immigrants
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I type the number of terrorists attacks since 2016 and they are broken down by months. There are people who want to destroy democracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2016

Luckily for America, the important people already know this. We've won, and President Trump will continue enacting measures to make us safer.

Let these bitter, nasty "progressives" on this site spew as many lies as they want. Doesn't matter, they lost.

Posted on: 2/7 12:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I type the number of terrorists attacks since 2016 and they are broken down by months. There are people who want to destroy democracy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_2016

Posted on: 2/7 12:06
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
People who don't understand english (the difference between the words "immigrant" and "refugee", for instance) should sit back and watch. As my dad used to say "better to be silent and thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Quote:
vonne wrote:
You know what ...bike? Poland did not accept any immigrants and guess what? There are no immigrants blowing up bombs in Poland. This is something to think about.

Posted on: 2/7 11:10
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
You know what ...bike? Poland did not accept any immigrants and guess what? There are no immigrants blowing up bombs in Poland. This is something to think about.

You really don't think.

Posted on: 2/6 23:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Make America Poland Again

Posted on: 2/6 23:11
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

And No terrorist attacks post 9/11 by people from countries in Trump's travel ban

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-met ... attacks-post-911-countri/

Something to think about in your idiocracy. You know what? Not.

Posted on: 2/6 20:50
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2/6 19:58
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If TRUMP has his way regarding the band on muslims from certain countries, I understand Yvonne and Monroe will 'welcome' all gay and transgender muslim immigrants from those same said countries!

Still think the fulop 'sanctuary' statement is dumb, however TRUMP's directive towards muslims is MADNESS!

Resized Image

Posted on: 2/6 17:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Print Top

Re: Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Again! Utter stupidity on the half of Fulop. What does this accomplish other than to raise awareness that Jersey city refuses to obey federal law?

Which half?

The half that is trying to get Jersey City unfunded.

Posted on: 2/4 19:33
Print Top

Executive Order in Detail Establishing Jersey City Sanctuary City Status
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
On February 3rd, 2017 Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop signed an Executive Order re-affirming and strengthening Jersey City’s Sanctuary City status and outlining a detailed policy on the matter for the Police Department and other city departments and agencies who work with the immigrant community. Here is the Executive Order:

http://riverviewobserver.net/2017/02/ ... rsey-city-sanctuary-city/

Posted on: 2/4 1:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Unsolved triple murder in Greenville, a 14 year old packing a gun at middle school, and Fulop is wound up over Muslim refugees? Maybe organize a protest on Ocean Avenue or MLK??

Posted on: 2/2 15:53
Print Top

Re: Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How can any city be welcoming to immigrants or refugees if TRUMP doesn't allow them in the country.

I too could open my home to Syrian refugees, knowing TRUMP will not let them in the country ... It all sounds like a flaky meaningless statement to get some humanitarian points ... I'd like to see Fulop make a much stronger objection to the issue and 'shirt-front' (media statement) TRUMP if he's truly serious.

Posted on: 2/2 15:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Again! Utter stupidity on the half of Fulop. What does this accomplish other than to raise awareness that Jersey city refuses to obey federal law?

Which half?

Posted on: 2/2 15:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2/2 15:20
Print Top

Mayor Fulop to Sign Executive Order Re-Affirming Jersey City Sanctuary City; Drafted with Coalition
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2/2 14:13
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 1/30 20:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
How is hiring Cubans and Muslims a violation of your religion, pebble? You are one of the people who says the words "hate and bigot" because someone does not believe what you believe. What happen to tolerance? Or is tolerance only given to someone who believes what you believe?

Posted on: 1/4 13:45
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Only on JCList would someone say it is racist that American jobs should go to American citizens. That is the focus of my letter, I have seen many citizens, some personal friends get downsize and later their former companies hire H1B people. I have seen immigrants line up in Union City waiting to be hired by construction crews while Africian Americans asked to be hire by the same company. JC gives generous tax abatements with the idea local people are hired. The American citizen is being screwed. Yet they are the one who make sacrifices to this country especially during war times. I don't apologize for my statement.

If your American friends were better at their jobs, they wouldn't have lost them.

You're a bigot that's made anti-homosexual comments. Now, you're targeting immigrants. It sounds to me like whatever friends you have that lost jobs deservedly lost them. Tell your friends to improve their knowledge and then re-apply. Maybe they'll have a shot.

As someone that hires people (and am presently interviewing daily), if someone comes in and complains that they lost their job because the other person was an immigrant, they damn sure won't be paid by me.

You are putting Americans last, which makes you anti-America. Referring to my comments on gays, let me repeat, bakers, florists, etc. should not be forced to do something against their beliefs. Actually, I have rented to gays, but I will not call Jesus a liar when he said a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. The definition of marriage. I will not call Jesus a liar on the definition of marriage. But you have the free will to do that. You are a liberal who hate people who do not follow what you believe. You are not tolerate of other people's faith. Here is a woman who is following her faith, she will serve gays but will not violate her religion. You have no idea how strong faith is probably because you lack it yourself. http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8608

My last two hires were a male of Cuban descent and a Muslim woman.

I'm sorry you're such a bigot. I'm also sorry that you're so racist as to think that "American" just means white.

I'd say that you'll grow out of it but you've been spouting the same pathetic nonsense for far too long and you're too old to learn how wrong you are.

I'm happy with my new employees. Then again, I'm not a racist like you...

Nice strawman there...

Posted on: 1/4 13:40
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for the corrections.

Posted on: 1/4 12:56
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I was a child living in Hoboken when factories fixed up apartment buildings in Hoboken to bring in workers from Puerto Rico. Several years later, these factories closed and these workers were struggling to support themselves because they did not know English.

Posted on: 12/30 10:14
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RichMauro wrote:
I can still recall the chaos that ensued when the first large scale immigration from Puerto Rico took place back in the early sixties.

The word you are looking for is "migration" not "immigration".
Also, your history knowledge is a little fuzzy... the first large scale migration of Puerto Ricans to the NYC (and JC) area took place in the 50s.

Posted on: 12/30 9:14
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Earth
Group:
Registered Users
There has to be some consideration for residents who are already established when welcoming immigrants to a community.

I can still recall the chaos that ensued when the first large scale immigration from Puerto Rico took place back in the early sixties. Entire neighborhoods were impacted by a largely island culture trying to find its place amongst a population of European based earlier immigrants. The downtown suffered decades of decline from which it is just in the last decade or so lifting itself.

If you were there you know what went on.

BTW, the Catholic church was a large scale mover in the bringing of this huge immigration. In time, Saint Bridget's witnessed its own decline and destruction--along with many other churches in Jersey City.

Posted on: 12/30 7:59
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

If Jesus was anti-gay, how come he couldn't help himself from hanging out with so many dudes?

One of the things Jesus told the people is to do what the pharisees say not what they do. Matthew 23:2 Jesus considered the pharisees hyprocrites. So what was the pharisees saying? They were mentioning the Mosaic laws. What is in the Mosaic laws? Just rules and regulations on living your life, including rules and regulations on sodomy.

Besides these dudes started his Church.

I'm just quoted to keep it recorded that you're a pathetic excuse for a human due to your repeated bigotry.

Just worry about your own soul. In reality, you are calling God a bigot. I just repeated Scripture from the Old Testament. The Old Testament is scripture between God and Moses. Jesus told the people to obey the Mosaic laws and not to behave as arrogant as the pharisees or in this case people who call others bigots.

Posted on: 12/29 22:02
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

If Jesus was anti-gay, how come he couldn't help himself from hanging out with so many dudes?

One of the things Jesus told the people is to do what the pharisees say not what they do. Matthew 23:2 Jesus considered the pharisees hyprocrites. So what was the pharisees saying? They were mentioning the Mosaic laws. What is in the Mosaic laws? Just rules and regulations on living your life, including rules and regulations on sodomy.

I'm just quoted to keep it recorded that you're a pathetic excuse for a human due to your repeated bigotry.

Posted on: 12/29 21:50
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Posted on: 12/29 11:12
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 12/28 22:18
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Only on JCList would someone say it is racist that American jobs should go to American citizens. That is the focus of my letter, I have seen many citizens, some personal friends get downsize and later their former companies hire H1B people. I have seen immigrants line up in Union City waiting to be hired by construction crews while Africian Americans asked to be hire by the same company. JC gives generous tax abatements with the idea local people are hired. The American citizen is being screwed. Yet they are the one who make sacrifices to this country especially during war times. I don't apologize for my statement.

If your American friends were better at their jobs, they wouldn't have lost them.

You're a bigot that's made anti-homosexual comments. Now, you're targeting immigrants. It sounds to me like whatever friends you have that lost jobs deservedly lost them. Tell your friends to improve their knowledge and then re-apply. Maybe they'll have a shot.

As someone that hires people (and am presently interviewing daily), if someone comes in and complains that they lost their job because the other person was an immigrant, they damn sure won't be paid by me.

You are putting Americans last, which makes you anti-America. Referring to my comments on gays, let me repeat, bakers, florists, etc. should not be forced to do something against their beliefs. Actually, I have rented to gays, but I will not call Jesus a liar when he said a man leaves his father and mother and clings to his wife and the two will be one flesh. The definition of marriage. I will not call Jesus a liar on the definition of marriage. But you have the free will to do that. You are a liberal who hate people who do not follow what you believe. You are not tolerate of other people's faith. Here is a woman who is following her faith, she will serve gays but will not violate her religion. You have no idea how strong faith is probably because you lack it yourself. http://www.adfmedia.org/News/PRDetail/8608

My last two hires were a male of Cuban descent and a Muslim woman.

I'm sorry you're such a bigot. I'm also sorry that you're so racist as to think that "American" just means white.

I'd say that you'll grow out of it but you've been spouting the same pathetic nonsense for far too long and you're too old to learn how wrong you are.

I'm happy with my new employees. Then again, I'm not a racist like you...

Posted on: 12/28 21:24
Dos A Cero
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ManateeIdol wrote:
OK let's return this thread back to it's original intent! I'm all for immigrants with 2 major caveats. #1 So as to better ingratiate yourself into the new society you now inhabit it would behoove you tremendously to make every an to assimilate to the land you now reside in by making at least a TOKEN effort to dress in a Western fashion because ostensibly you came here for a reason so for goodness sake could you please try to blend in as a simple friendly courtesy to your new country mates because HELLO we'd so rather not be constantly reminded of the 3rd world hell hole you ostensibly fled to IMPROVE your life here! NOT cool, which brings me to #2 Could you please try not to have a million kids once you get here so as to not further burden/stress our government social net/housing stock/infrastructure/local environment etc?? (And I couldn't care less what your religion dictates about the supposed virtues of breeding as this isn't freakin medieval times so if you'd like to expand your brood then please adopt as it's far more virtuous/ethical/conscientious to adopt when we live in an environmentally damaged, polluted, species being depleted at breakneck clip, overpopulated world teeming with over 7.2 billion people already!!!) That's it I'll get off my figurative soapbox now I'm out thanks for listening!!! (btw I do realize my closing rant applies to non immigrants also which I'm more then OK with)

Something like this?
Resized Image

Posted on: 12/10 9:44
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
OK let's return this thread back to it's original intent! I'm all for immigrants with 2 major caveats. #1 So as to better ingratiate yourself into the new society you now inhabit it would behoove you tremendously to make every an to assimilate to the land you now reside in by making at least a TOKEN effort to dress in a Western fashion because ostensibly you came here for a reason so for goodness sake could you please try to blend in as a simple friendly courtesy to your new country mates because HELLO we'd so rather not be constantly reminded of the 3rd world hell hole you ostensibly fled to IMPROVE your life here! NOT cool, which brings me to #2 Could you please try not to have a million kids once you get here so as to not further burden/stress our government social net/housing stock/infrastructure/local environment etc?? (And I couldn't care less what your religion dictates about the supposed virtues of breeding as this isn't freakin medieval times so if you'd like to expand your brood then please adopt as it's far more virtuous/ethical/conscientious to adopt when we live in an environmentally damaged, polluted, species being depleted at breakneck clip, overpopulated world teeming with over 7.2 billion people already!!!) That's it I'll get off my figurative soapbox now I'm out thanks for listening!!! (btw I do realize my closing rant applies to non immigrants also which I'm more then OK with)

Posted on: 12/10 8:44
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
If everyone loses their religion tomorrow, we wouldn't be arguing about really stupid shit like this.

Try it for a week. It may enlighten you.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am so glad I made your day, Who else could I be. Although I would shorten the name, it is too much to type.

Never before has my screen name been under attack than now.

It must have been difficult for the officials to place that name on your birth certificate.

Posted on: 12/10 0:00
Print Top

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017