Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Secaucus Boy Kicked Out of Scouts Because He's Transgender (Petition)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
When did the definition for someone to be transgender morph to how someone self identifies? Until Bruce cuts it off he's still Bruce to me. Having your mom dress you up like a boy doesn't make you transgender-at 8 years old.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 12:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
The left has a new rallying cry - transgender!

Bathrooms, now Boy Scouts. Adult showers and locker rooms next.

On to a "progressive" society when gender is but a choice and can change on a whim.

Pathetic.

Waasaaahhhh!!!! People that are different from me aren't staying quiet about their difference and just want to be themselves!

The only thing pathetic here is you.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 12:02
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
The left has a new rallying cry - transgender!

Bathrooms, now Boy Scouts. Adult showers and locker rooms next.

On to a "progressive" society when gender is but a choice and can change on a whim.

Pathetic.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 10:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/20 23:45
From gone
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
bike, wearing high heels, lipstick, make-up, and a wig does not make a man into a woman. Neither does cutting off body parts. No transgender man will experience menstrual cramps, be pregnant, or have a pap smear. We, adults, should stop lying to children. They cannot trans in to another sex and truly be that sexual human being. Taking hormones is nothing by chemical costumes.

You're confusing gender with sex.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 6:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
bike, wearing high heels, lipstick, make-up, and a wig does not make a man into a woman. Neither does cutting off body parts. No transgender man will experience menstrual cramps, be pregnant, or have a pap smear. We, adults, should stop lying to children. They cannot trans in to another sex and truly be that sexual human being. Taking hormones is nothing by chemical costumes.

I'm reporting you to God for breaching TIMOTHY 1,2 11-14. YOU ARE A SINFUL PERSON YVONNE - You need to go back to church and commit yourself to the confessional for no less then 5 hours, light some candles and seek forgiveness!

I doubt God needs your assistance he sees all so let God handle the judging department.

I'm not seeking God's assistance, I'm seeking his enforcement - The man upstairs is doing a lousy job considering our prisons are full, at great expense to 'man', and that we have repeat offenders. - I'm waiting for the wrath of god to do his thing on those (including Yvonne) who fail in the compliance of the 'word' in the bible.

It's interesting how the most staunch religious fanatic will interpret the bible or other holy scripture, to suit their needs!

Most of us should be grateful that our mind and body are a genetic match! I wish this kid in question all the best and the parents the courage to voice their concerns for change.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 4:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
in today's world, i say let people be what they want to be eventhough i agree that a man will NEVER know what it is to truly feel like a woman and vice versa and most men or women will never know what it feels like to hate the sex they were born with or assigned,

maybe there should something like all-scouts that is open to all

There already is more than one type of such organization.

There's CampFire USA, 4-H, Young Marines and the Boys & Girls Clubs. All of them co-ed organizations that don't have any issues with atheist, gay or transgender individuals being members. All of them with an all-around better track record than the Boy Scouts of America organization. I'm sure they have their issues and flaws but I've never heard any horror stories about kids getting molested in them like I've heard with the Boy Scouts. You have men and women working with young boys and girls together. With Boy Scouts, it's men with working with young boys. Sorry but the latter combination just seems like a recipe for disaster.

These parents are obviously just using their child to further their political agenda. It doesn't matter that they have plenty of alternative options that you mention. The organization in the original article says they want to apply some discrimination law to this case and force the Boy Scouts to accept this person.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
in today's world, i say let people be what they want to be eventhough i agree that a man will NEVER know what it is to truly feel like a woman and vice versa and most men or women will never know what it feels like to hate the sex they were born with or assigned,

There already is more than one type of such organization.

There's CampFire USA, 4-H, Young Marines and the Boys & Girls Clubs. All of them co-ed organizations that don't have any issues with atheist, gay or transgender individuals being members. All of them with an all-around better track record than the Boy Scouts of America organization. I'm sure they have their issues and flaws but I've never heard any horror stories about kids getting molested in them like I've heard with the Boy Scouts. You have men and women working with young boys and girls together. With Boy Scouts, it's men with working with young boys. Sorry but the latter combination just seems like a recipe for disaster.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 0:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Maybe there should something like all-scouts that is open to all

For something like this to occur there should be an age restriction like gambling and alcohol consumption. Different biological genders have different needs, so to ignore that fact is just a diabolical way of thinking.

Posted on: 2016/12/29 0:42

Edited by heights on 2016/12/29 1:02:12
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/29 0:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

I'm reporting you to God for breaching TIMOTHY 1,2 11-14. YOU ARE A SINFUL PERSON YVONNE - You need to go back to church and commit yourself to the confessional for no less then 5 hours, light some candles and seek forgiveness!

I doubt God needs your assistance he sees all so let God handle the judging department.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

So true Yvonne, next they will want to trans-form into another species.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Not agreeing with Yvonne here but the Boy Scouts probably did him a favor by kicking him out. In about five years, regardless of how this person looks and what kind of support they get or don't get, they will be glad not to be associated with the Boy Scout organization. I was in Boy Scouts until age 14 and just hated it in so many ways. We had a troop leader that worked the hell out of us like it was the army or something on the camping trips and it was no fun at all. Furthermore, rather than learning to survive in the woods, I've since mastered this great concept of finding an inexpensive hotel with electricity and running water. It works out much better for me. Also, rather than being able to start a fire by rubbing sticks together, I've got a great thing called matches.

Furthermore, BSA has a total lack of control over the individual troops and the rap sheets and controversies associated with Boy Scout troops is a mile long. No matter how much screening and safeguards are taken, you hear story after story about all these perverts that somehow weasel their way into the organization and end up molesting one or more of the boys. The Girls Scouts organization has no such record.

Bottom line here - this transgender is better off going to a co-ed organization like 4-H or Campfire that welcomes everyone and has both males and females running the organization.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:34
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
I. AM. TRIGGERED.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am an advocate for common sense. Here is one. David Arnette became a woman, then before Arnette died, he became a man again. I call this confusion.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... omplications-aged-47.html

(WRONG)

Yvonne, you're the advocate for 'the world according to Yvonne'

Yvonne as an advocate for catholicism you would be we aware of 1 TIMOTHY 1,2 within the bible, but let me quote a section for you;

11. Women should learn in silence and all humility. 12. I do not allow them to teach or have authority over men; they must keep quiet, 13. For Adam was created first, and then Eve, 14. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law.

Note: Yes, I am a catholic but I am well aware that the bible was written by man and do NOT agree with everything written within it ... which is not the case with some catholics who consider every word as gospel !

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If Johns Hospkins Hospital think transgender is a disorder, why should society be forced to adopt a policy on this? That hospital has been doing surgery since day one. Besides, the scouts is a private group and as far as I know, does not receive public funding.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/m ... ental-disorder-sex-change

(WRONG)

Johns Hopkins Medicine will resume transgender surgeries after 40 years
By Erin Rook ? Sunday, October 23, 2016

Johns Hopkins Medicine became the first academic medical center to perform gender-affirming surgeries for transgender people back in 1965. But shortly after breaking ground, the center reversed course, halting the surgeries and taking a controversial stance on transgender health.

But thanks to mounting criticism against the respected medical center ? and faculty member and psychiatrist Paul McHugh in particular ? Johns Hopkins has announced it will resume offering transition-related medical care, Think Progress reports.

?We have committed to and will soon begin providing gender-affirming surgery as another important element of our overall care program, reflecting careful consideration over the past year of best practices and the appropriate provision of care for transgender individuals,? the medical center wrote in a letter to faculty earlier this month.

Source

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
In England the scouts have admitted girls for many years now, surprised they are still gender seggregated in USA.

My brother's troop has about 15 boys and 7 or 8 girls.

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am an advocate for common sense. Here is one. David Arnette became a woman, then before Arnette died, he became a man again. I call this confusion.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/artic ... omplications-aged-47.html

Posted on: 2016/12/28 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Or he could be one of many who regret their sexual change. http://www.sexchangeregret.com/
http://www.sexchangeregret.com/examples

Yvonne as an advocate for catholicism you would be we aware of 1 TIMOTHY 1,2 within the bible, but let me quote a section for you;

11. Women should learn in silence and all humility. 12. I do not allow them to teach or have authority over men; they must keep quiet, 13. For Adam was created first, and then Eve, 14. And it was not Adam who was deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and broke God's law.

Note: Yes, I am a catholic but I am well aware that the bible was written by man and do NOT agree with everything written within it ... which is not the case with some catholics who consider every word as gospel !

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If Johns Hospkins Hospital think transgender is a disorder, why should society be forced to adopt a policy on this? That hospital has been doing surgery since day one. Besides, the scouts is a private group and as far as I know, does not receive public funding.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/m ... ental-disorder-sex-change

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In about 5 years, this "boy" will have a menstrual cycle and develop breasts. "He" will be too young to have hormones or to have surgery so "he" will have the body of a young woman. I suggest serious counseling for this child.

Personally, I suggest serious counseling for the scouting officials and those parents denying and complying about this kid attending scouts. This child didn't chose his gender, genetics did or for some, god did ! This is another example of ignorance and discrimination, but we claim to be democratic with a human rights overview.
If I was the parent, I'd be discreetly (without my child's knowledge) suing, to force change and equality... Many scout groups around the world don't discriminate the sex of a child

The Boy Scouts should consider a policy statement similar to the Girl Scouts:

Girl Scouts is proud to be the premiere leadership organization for girls in the country. Placement of transgender youth is handled on a case-by-case basis, with the welfare and best interests of the child and the members of the troop/group in question a top priority. That said, if the child is recognized by the family and school/community as a girl and lives culturally as a girl, then Girl Scouts is an organization that can serve her in a setting that is both emotionally and physically safe.

Source

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In about 5 years, this "boy" will have a menstrual cycle and develop breasts. "He" will be too young to have hormones or to have surgery so "he" will have the body of a young woman. I suggest serious counseling for this child.

Personally, I suggest serious counseling for the scouting officials and those parents denying and complying about this kid attending scouts. This child didn't chose his gender, genetics did or for some, god did ! This is another example of ignorance and discrimination, but we claim to be democratic with a human rights overview.
If I was the parent, I'd be discreetly (without my child's knowledge) suing, to force change and equality... Many scout groups around the world don't discriminate the sex of a child

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Or he could be one of many who regret their sexual change. http://www.sexchangeregret.com/
http://www.sexchangeregret.com/examples

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:

In about five years, this boy will be surrounded by a loving family, supportive community members and medical professionals who will help guide him through the pubescent phases of his transition. His community will embrace him and love him and support him for the wonderful child that he is. He will realize that, despite small pockets of continued ignorance, he is living in a time of unprecedented acceptance, medical and therapeutic advances.

Posted on: 2016/12/28 21:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/28 20:51

Secaucus Boy Kicked Out of Scouts Because He's Transgender (Petition)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Joe Maldanado, a 8-year old Secaucus boy was kicked out of the Boy Scouts for being transgender.

We first met Joe in the summer of 2015, when his mom Kristie, a fierce advocate for her son, reached out to Garden State Equality for help in supporting Joe?s transition at school. We worked with his elementary school to ensure that Joe was able to attend school as a boy and provided policy consultation to administrators and professional development training for teachers and staff on working with transgender youth. Since that time we have continued to be an ally and resource to Joe?s family.

We were devastated when Kristie shared with us that the Boy Scouts asked her to remove Joe from the Cub Scouts because other parents complained that a transgender child was participating. Joe is a confident young person and he has shown tremendous courage.

Garden State Equality believes that the Boy Scouts of America?s policy on accepting gay youth should extend to transgender youth. We also believe that the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, which protects New Jerseyans from discrimination on the basis of gender identity and gender expression should extend to this case.

Stand With Cub Scout Joe Maldanado

NJ.com article

Posted on: 2016/12/28 20:43

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact