Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Capital One Eliminates People
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I am sorry to see tellers disappearing but like most I use the ATM machines and only use the tellers for things the ATM cannot handle. Naturally, I prefer banking where there is parking.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 23:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
I literally just kicked off a project at work to do research to explore the "branch of the future" and what that means for customers/employees.

I know I personally go into a Bank of America branch only when I absolutely need to: money order, large withdrawal...maybe 1-2X a year. They have kiosks now that are starting to offer many of these services.

I welcome everyone's thoughts to add to my data :)

We don't even use a "bank" - we use Fidelity. They do have a couple branches in Manhattan, but since they've provided remote deposit by smartphone, I've been in their offices once in the past five years and that was a paperwork issue related to a private equity investment, not a banking-related matter. They have a well-staffed highly skilled call center (located in the US) that has been able to handle all sorts of fairly complicated transactions. They partner with UMB Bank out of Kansas City to provide basic services such as check clearing, but its all done under the Fidelity brand and Fidelity answers for any issues with my account, banking or otherwise.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
We actually moved it to Cap1 because their branches had parking!

Is that you, Yvonne??

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. When you're running errands you don't want to make a huge production of just finding a spot to run into the bank. If we had a lot more red meters in the commercial strips it would less an issue.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 22:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
We actually moved it to Cap1 because their branches had parking!

Is that you, Yvonne??

Posted on: 2016/12/15 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
I know I personally go into a Bank of America branch only when I absolutely need to: money order, large withdrawal...maybe 1-2X a year. They have kiosks now that are starting to offer many of these services.

We actually moved it to Cap1 because their branches had parking! But between an online rent payment service and smartphone deposits we don't really need to go to the bank regularly for the rental business anymore, except to open security accounts, at which Cap1 has screwed up unbelievably. Their "bank officers" are shockingly incompetent. They should give up that space, it would make a spectacular restaurant.
i agree this space would be great as a restaurant, but could jersey city support such an endeavor at this point? now, a trader joes in that spot would be awesome.

sorry to hear about people losing their jobs. me personally, when i go into a bank, i want to talk to people not machines

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fraulein wrote:

We actually moved it to Cap1 because their branches had parking! But between an online rent payment service and smartphone deposits we don't really need to go to the bank regularly for the rental business anymore, except to open security accounts, at which Cap1 has screwed up unbelievably. Their "bank officers" are shockingly incompetent. They should give up that space, it would make a spectacular restaurant.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
I literally just kicked off a project at work to do research to explore the "branch of the future" and what that means for customers/employees.

I can see a central call center connected to a bank kiosk with video/audio for interaction with customers. Money orders, etc could be dispersed. But not every transaction could be handled remotely.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Azul_the_Cat wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Capital One's Jersey Avenue branch has eliminated all tellers and all banking now has to be done through ATMs. For good measure, the whitewashed the lobby so that the old murals of life in Hudson County is gone. This is the latest "service upgrade" from this bank.

I guess it's the future.

The way I read this post, it sounded like Capital One was killing people.

Capital One is killing people. They have a fleet of armed drones that hold .5 kg payloads. It's on Infowars so must be true. You think Mao would intentionally create a hysterical/ambiguous thread title just to get attention? If you default on your credit card ... bye bye.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mfadam wrote:
Maybe they are stuck in a long lease but it seems ridiculous to keep that much space for what is essentially a handful of ATM machines. There were 2 when i was last in there a few weeks ago.

Totally depressing, that building has a ton of great architectural detail but you'd never know inside...

Chase Bank on Washington Ave has installed 2 automated machines inside the bank and eliminated 2 teller positions. GOOGLE is testing a cashierless supermarket in SF, its the future where these types of positions will go away.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Pretty soon we will be living in a cashless society where everything is digital.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 16:32
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Mao wrote:
Capital One's Jersey Avenue branch has eliminated all tellers and all banking now has to be done through ATMs. For good measure, the whitewashed the lobby so that the old murals of life in Hudson County is gone. This is the latest "service upgrade" from this bank.

I guess it's the future.

The way I read this post, it sounded like Capital One was killing people.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 15:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe they are stuck in a long lease but it seems ridiculous to keep that much space for what is essentially a handful of ATM machines. There were 2 when i was last in there a few weeks ago.

Totally depressing, that building has a ton of great architectural detail but you'd never know inside...

Posted on: 2016/12/15 14:37

Capital One Eliminates People
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
12/12 0:04
Group:
Registered Users

I guess it's the future.

Posted on: 2016/12/15 14:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017