Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
91 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 91

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Need a car blocking my driveway towed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't follow up with this thread, but thanks for those numbers. I ended up googling a local tow truck company, Truchan. I was referred to the local police department, who referred me to JC parking authority.
They picked up after 2 rings and sent a car over in 15 minutes. They ticketed the car.
My next step after that was to call Truchan, to have the ticketed car towed. It didn't come to that, as the person moved their car.
The car was legitimately blocking my driveway and I couldn't enter.

Posted on: 2016/12/8 3:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/18 19:10
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
On a related note, I've noticed that the number of cars blocking driveways has grown obscenely in Journal Square over the last few months. I don't know if the owners are renting out their parking spots and then parking in front of their driveway, but it's extremely unfair.

A prime example is the pink brick house on the corner of Romaine and Sip. goo.gl/1D0waw It has a 2-ish car garage, which has a curb cut out-- fine. It also has a 2 car curb cutout for its backyard for 3 parking spots in the backyard. This mean he has 5 private parking spots, plus the 2 spots the owner makes himself by parking in front of the cutouts.

But he is an ultimate jerk, because he park in the garage, it's for storage. And he doesn't park in the backyard. He parks all his cars in the stretch of road in front of his house, leaving 1/2 car space separating each car. When his family members/tenants get home at night, then they start moving street parking spots, then into the backyard, and then parking in front of the driveway, in that order.

Essentially, that entire 150 foot stretch of road is completely taken by that one house's cars.

How is that legal--who authorized this???

Posted on: 2016/12/7 21:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Curious, does JCPA use a map of LEGAL curb cuts when they respond to these calls? Though I would assume all the people in the Heights with paved front yards have more informal ways of dealing with cars who park in their "driveway".

The pavement has to be painted with 'No Parking'. If it is missing... no tow. The Parking Authority won't paint 'No Parking' for non-legit driveways.

A building next to one of mine had to pull out all sorts of documentation to show his carport existed before they were banned. I wasn't so lucky (I had no proof), so my apartment is minus a carport now. Just as well.. the tree in front has grown so much that it was getting hard to get a car around it.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Curious, does JCPA use a map of LEGAL curb cuts when they respond to these calls? Though I would assume all the people in the Heights with paved front yards have more informal ways of dealing with cars who park in their "driveway".

Posted on: 2016/12/7 21:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ProdigalSon wrote:
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Heights, Just wondering if you have any insights into why that's the policy? Seems retarded to me. You're either blocking a legal curb cut for access to/from private property or you aren't...

It's a terrible policy as a whole, but they said that parking is still available to you so just use that parking. Once I found out about the policy, I always needed to leave when my driveway was blocked, regardless if it was 100% the truth. Which was maybe 3 times in the past 4 years. Cars have been towed twice.

it's a case of urgency. not being able to exit your driveway for work/school, etc is an actual time-sensitive emergency. getting home and not being able to park in your driveway is an inconvenience, and the city wisely doesn't want to divert resources to that.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcneighbor wrote:
Heights, Just wondering if you have any insights into why that's the policy? Seems retarded to me. You're either blocking a legal curb cut for access to/from private property or you aren't...

It's a terrible policy as a whole, but they said that parking is still available to you so just use that parking. Once I found out about the policy, I always needed to leave when my driveway was blocked, regardless if it was 100% the truth. Which was maybe 3 times in the past 4 years. Cars have been towed twice.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/12/7 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Division of Parking Enforcement (201) 538-3248 or (201)-538-2525
But they will only tow the vehicle if you can not exit the driveway, not enter.

Posted on: 2016/12/7 1:49
Get on your bikes and ride !

Need a car blocking my driveway towed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
What number do I call?