Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Registering an out of state vehicle
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JonnyF86 wrote:
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this. I moved from CA recently and the time has come to register my car (leased) in NJ. My CA registration expires next week and was hoping to get it done this week, but this huge complicated process has to take place to mail the NJ DMV title info, which is obviously going to take longer than a week.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Do you think the NJ DMV would provide some sort of extension so I can still legally drive my car?

Any help would be appreciated!

Everything you need to do: http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/NewResidentRegistration.htm

Basically, you will need to contact the leasing agency to have the vehicle registered in NJ as part of your process. If you are going to visit a local MVC office in Jersey City, I highly recommend the Sip Avenue location: good staff, with very short waits. The last time I registered a vehicle I purchased out of state, I was in and out in about 15 minutes, or less.

Posted on: 2016/12/5 19:36

Registering an out of state vehicle
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/6 1:31
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with this. I moved from CA recently and the time has come to register my car (leased) in NJ. My CA registration expires next week and was hoping to get it done this week, but this huge complicated process has to take place to mail the NJ DMV title info, which is obviously going to take longer than a week.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Do you think the NJ DMV would provide some sort of extension so I can still legally drive my car?

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted on: 2016/12/5 19:05

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017