Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking tickets not received
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:

That's an awful lot of effort for I'm not sure what benefit. And "too lazy to park legally"? what does that even mean?

As you mentioned: "just when they randomly enforce the 25' rule."

Thus you were aware of the rule, but ignored it and gambled on being caught or not!

Posted on: 2016/12/3 21:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Easy solution - Get yourself a dash cam and plug it into an outlet with a direct feed from the battery - It will not drain your battery as I have had my dash cam 'on' for a week with no drama.
Then when you have parked illegally or overstayed in a spot download and save the file ... it will be a pain in the ass, but just save the file when you're too lazy to park legally.

If you do have footage of no ticket ever being served (date and time of ticket will tell you what footage file to look for) onto your car, make some money selling the story to the media

That's an awful lot of effort for I'm not sure what benefit. And "too lazy to park legally"? what does that even mean?

Posted on: 2016/12/3 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Easy solution - Get yourself a dash cam and plug it into an outlet with a direct feed from the battery - It will not drain your battery as I have had my dash cam 'on' for a week with no drama.
Then when you have parked illegally or overstayed in a spot download and save the file ... it will be a pain in the ass, but just save the file when you're too lazy to park legally.

If you do have footage of no ticket ever being served (date and time of ticket will tell you what footage file to look for) onto your car, make some money selling the story to the media

Posted on: 2016/12/3 8:28
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Phantom tickets being issued I suppose. Another words written but not placed...figuring most will pay.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 2:43
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
These people might be able to help you out, but the fees are only worth it if you're seeking to have the entire ticket voided -

www.parkingticket.com

In my opinion you do have a valid case to have the entire ticket voided given that you had a ticket issued and then it disappeared.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 2:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/11/22 16:28
Group:
Registered Users
This happened to me once. I ended up going to court and getting off for other reasons, and when I tried to ask about the ticket not actually being on the car, the judge said, forget it, since he had dismissed it completely.

I guess you could go to court and dispute the late fee portion, but if you were going to pay it anyway, would you really reschedule your day for the sake of $10? Yeah.

Posted on: 2016/12/3 1:56

Parking tickets not received
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone else have a problem with parking tickets "disappearing" from their windshield? This past year (earlier in the year, and then just now) I got one for parking near the corner. (Not in the crosswalk, just when they randomly enforce the 25' rule.) I get it, guilty, I'll pay - whatever. But when the ticket "disappears" and you "fail to appear", the ticket price goes up another $10. Is there any way to avoid this?

Posted on: 2016/12/2 23:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017