Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
36 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 34

smpott, val7101, more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: recommendation on self storage near downtown
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Any storage auctions going on or can someone PM me info on storage auctions. Thx

Posted on: 3/18 10:51
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
As a point of comparison, last month I reserved a unit at public storage for $50/mo at the same size that it cost over $110/mo at Liberty Self Storage. It was worth the hassle of moving.

That said, PS needs to get their act together because they weren't well organized and seemed to be pushing larger/more expensive units. So, just go in there well informed about what you want.

Same here: I moved my unit from Keepers to Public Storage, at a substantial saving per month (50% lower) but I also scored additional savings by doing all my booking online (about 15% lower than the quoted price on site) so the unit rate ended up being about 60% lower than Keepers. The staff at PS has been SUPER pleasant and friendly. They do try to upsell you by offering their packing supplies (boxes, tape, etc) but that's to be expected. If you don't need that stuff, just let them know (politely!) and move on. Highly recommended.

Posted on: 3/15 13:05
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
As a point of comparison, last month I reserved a unit at public storage for $50/mo at the same size that it cost over $110/mo at Liberty Self Storage. It was worth the hassle of moving.

That said, PS needs to get their act together because they weren't well organized and seemed to be pushing larger/more expensive units. So, just go in there well informed about what you want.

Posted on: 3/15 10:32
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Largest Public Storage Location Makes Debut

COMMERCIAL PROPERTY EXECUTIVE - by Adriana Pop

Jersey City, N.J.—Public Storage has celebrated the completion of its newest and largest storage facility in the country.

Public Storage at 133 2nd St., in Jersey City, N.J., opened its remaining units and now offers a total of 3,978 units, the most under one roof at any of the company’s facilities.

Located in the Powerhouse Arts District neighborhood, the new business received the support of the community. To celebrate the project’s completion, Public Storage will host a grand opening Saturday, March 25, offering celebratory cake and a chance for neighbors to meet.

Public Storage, the largest storage company in the nation, renovated a 100-year-old, block-long building to create the self-storage offering that first opened its doors in February, with just under 300 available spaces.

A drone video of the location and neighborhood shows how Jersey City is growing, expanding and revitalizing.

https://www.cpexecutive.com/post/large ... age-location-makes-debut/

Posted on: 3/14 11:19
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Get rid of your stuff, you almost certainly don't need it.

The cost of storing your junk at one of these places for a year is likely more than the stuff costs.

Robin.

Get a grip. I live in a unit with one single closet. I have sporting equipment that I use "in season" and other seasonal items which need to go somewhere. Moreover I run a small business out of my home for which I buy supplies in bulk. I hope you feel better about yourself by being rude.

Posted on: 2016/11/21 9:38
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:

The cost of storing your junk at one of these places for a year is likely more than the stuff costs.

Robin.

Spoken like a judgmental person who doesn't have a clue as to how others live, or what they own, or their particular needs and situation.

Why do I keep a storage unit? I have things that I use fairly regularly that I do not wish to keep at home for reasons of tidiness or aesthetics. And, yes, sometimes one is prone to save, or hold onto, something that is probably not worth it. But, I can assure you, I also have some very valuable stuff in my unit that I simply don't need at home all the time. In my particular situation, having the storage unit across the street is particularly advantageous since it literally takes me 10 minutes, or less, to leave my place, go across the street, grab what I need, and then come back.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 7:28
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/11/19 1:26
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
[quote]

Public Storage is not yet open. I rent a unit at Keepers Storage, which is one block away. They have decent rates. But, once PS opens, I will compare rates and consider moving my stuff if the savings are substantial.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:37
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Does anyone know if the Public Storage in the Powerhouse area has opened yet? I can't find any contact info on their website. Debating between them (if open) and Delta (Grand St.)

Public Storage is not yet open. I rent a unit at Keepers Storage, which is one block away. They have decent rates. But, once PS opens, I will compare rates and consider moving my stuff if the savings are substantial.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 21:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I"m at liberty storage now and am not as satisfied as the others. They are the highest priced in town and will raise rates on a whim. This is why I'm comparing Delta and PS.

Also, Liberty flooded in sandy. I have a 2nd floor unit so no big deal, but anyone on the first floor lost everything.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:27
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I'll second liberty storage. It's a little drive but there is parking it's clean and lit well. There are always carts and I think they give u a break for the first month.

Posted on: 2016/11/18 20:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the Public Storage in the Powerhouse area has opened yet? I can't find any contact info on their website. Debating between them (if open) and Delta (Grand St.)

Posted on: 2016/11/18 18:52
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I've used A-1 for 9 years and it's been great. Tremendously convenient, good pricing and very clean inside. I recommend.

Posted on: 2016/3/29 9:56
Print Top

Re: Local self-storage unit?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
I used storage blue off Baldwin. They often have good promotions.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 14:42
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Another vote for A1. I did a price comparison and it was one of the better values with a convenient downtown location. We just started using last month and we've been happy with it.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 14:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I use A1 as well. When I looked it was about the same price as every where else and it is pretty convenient.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 14:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
I used this place for about a year before moving into a larger house:

http://www.a1selfstorageonline.com/storage.php

Posted on: 2016/3/28 12:55
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
When I was looking for a place, they were all comparable on price. I wound up at Liberty Self Storage, which is in LSP. The location is a bit out of the way but the security is excellent (compared to some I visited which had little more than chain link fence, I swear). Since then, a new place opened on Grand St. that I've considered looking into, but the idea of moving all that stuff turns me off. No doubt that's the attitude these places bank on.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 12:45
Print Top

Local self-storage unit?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
From 2nd Floor on Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We're looking for a local self-storage unit, to get some things out of our apt until we move somewhere larger. Anyone have a recommendation of one they like and that's affordable?

Posted on: 2016/3/28 12:28
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
We used Keepers Storage for about 6 months (including during Sandy) while in the midst of a move. It was clean, simple, straightforward. The only quirk was that I had a coupon that they wouldn't take (some bs about it only being good for certain units, which basically seemed to boil down to 'at the whim of the manager'). A little annoying but not enough to overcome the highly convenient location.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 19:30
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I used Keepers on First Street. I was in a hurry and couldn't shop around, but I think they were pretty competitive. The place was clean and well-lit, and seemed well-managed. A couple of notes:
- I only needed the unit for a couple of weeks, but had to pay a full month. This may be standard, I don't know.
- Their first floor got hammered by Sandy, so if you're storing for a long time, I'd look for an upper-floor unit.

Posted on: 2014/3/18 16:44
Print Top

recommendation on self storage near downtown
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
anyone have any recommendations on storage places? pricing?

thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2014/3/18 9:50
Print Top

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017