Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Which DMV is better/faster? Bayonne or Heights?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dmark526 wrote:
I find the office on Summit Ave to be quite efficient. I recently had my car titled and registered in less than a half hour. I haven't been to the Bayonne office in quite some time but I find the Summit Ave location to be more convenient unless you live in Greenville.

Same experience here: the Summit Avenue office is a marvel of efficiency compared to most other DMV locations. I am usually in and out in a matter of 10 minutes for matters like registration renewals and basic license stuff. The longest I ever waited was about 15 minutes, one time a few years ago. Otherwise, I am there several times per year to do registration renewals and it is always a breeze. The only hassle is parking, so consider walking there from JSQ, or taking an Uber, or ride a bike.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
AFAIK the main difference (besides parking) is the Summit office does not give tests. My son had already passed his written test for his permit but we needed to go down to Bayonne for the EYE TEST!!! And had to wait in the long line of written test takers after waiting an hour just to get the forms. Ridiculous.

In my experience registration stuff is fast, license slow.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users
I was in and out of the Journal Square DMV in less than half an hour to renew my license last year. And I forgot to bring the form that they sent in the mail and had to fill a new one out, so it could have been even quicker.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 16:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/17 15:41
Group:
Registered Users
I find the office on Summit Ave to be quite efficient. I recently had my car titled and registered in less than a half hour. I haven't been to the Bayonne office in quite some time but I find the Summit Ave location to be more convenient unless you live in Greenville.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Haggis wrote:
Which one is better/faster, the Bayonne or the Heights? Need to register out of state car and get new actual DL, ( do not need to take test or anything, just exchange)..thanks!

I think you meant Journal Square for other option?

I personally like Bayonne. You can park in a lot easily and I found the people a bit nicer. I may be wrong, but I think JSQ is limited in what they now do?

Just check out their website for proper ID requirements. The points system can be a pain.

Posted on: 2016/11/17 13:30

Which DMV is better/faster? Bayonne or Heights?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/16 13:54
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Which one is better/faster, the Bayonne or the Heights? Need to register out of state car and get new actual DL, ( do not need to take test or anything, just exchange)..thanks!

Posted on: 2016/11/17 13:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017