Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: If you found the wallet this morning at Hamilton Park...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Where do I find the found a wallet and didn't return it statistics?

I'm surprised this thread is still going, but this whole debacle reminded me of a Readers Digest story from a few years back involving "lost" wallets that I finally found. Not official statistics but interesting enough. Helsinki leads the pack in honesty. Jersey City was not in the test sample, but New York was.

http://www.rd.com/culture/most-honest-cities-lost-wallet-test/

Posted on: 2016/11/4 23:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Steals more than wallets.
Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/11/4 22:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I prefer to speak out against racism on this site because I would absolutely hate for someone looking to move to our fine city see that it is represented by hate-mongers.

I cannot state the amount of times the topic of this website comes up and the subsequent line is, "Yeah, I don't post anymore because of the racists" or "There are too much racist crap to wade through to get to something important."

Posted on: 2016/11/4 20:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Do I need a 'track record' to speak up against racism? I sure hope not.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

drifterx wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

I never said people don't have the freedom to express their opinion back ? they absolutely do ? but keep in mind that fueling a fire does nothing to extinguish it.

And neither does ignoring it, especially if that fire was set for no good reason.

While I appreciate the freedom we all have to say what we feel, I would like to think that lashing out against bigotry is still by far the normal response.

Hey man, if you have a successful track record of convincing people to break from their beliefs OVER THE INTERNET, Id love to hear how that works. Otherwise maybe Google what an "internet troll" is to see what kind of battle you'll be fighting.

I'll take a dose of my own medicine now.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 19:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

I never said people don't have the freedom to express their opinion back ? they absolutely do ? but keep in mind that fueling a fire does nothing to extinguish it.

And neither does ignoring it, especially if that fire was set for no good reason.

While I appreciate the freedom we all have to say what we feel, I would like to think that lashing out against bigotry is still by far the normal response.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
You/he certainly do have that freedom but to your point: we'd all be better served if the people most eager to utilize that freedom stopped and asked themselves if anyone really cares what they have to say. JCManHate clearly needs attention and will take any outrageous Trump-style position to stir the pot. I get that. He lacks the maturity to understand nuance. But he is close to single-handedly (with at least a nod to Yvonne, Monroe, et al) making this site something to avoid rather than being the useful community resource it could - and occasionally used to - be. That's unfortunate.

Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

While I don't agree at all with what he is saying, I'm pretty sure the last time I checked ? at least in America ? we have the freedom to express our opinions.

Totally agree.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hamhock wrote:
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Doesn't really matter is JCMan is racist or not. It's not illegal to be a racist, just as it's not illegal to hate gays, or jews or whomever. What if he hates cherry cola? What if he hates Toyotas? Expressing your beliefs isn't illegal in itself, but actions that are influenced by them can potentially be.

While I don't agree at all with what he is saying, I'm pretty sure the last time I checked ? at least in America ? we have the freedom to express our opinions.

Should he have kept it to himself?? maybe? but he hasn't broken any laws by expressing his point of view.

And everyone here has the freedom to express their opinion back, and to draw whatever conclusion they desire.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
You/he certainly do have that freedom but to your point: we'd all be better served if the people most eager to utilize that freedom stopped and asked themselves if anyone really cares what they have to say. JCManHate clearly needs attention and will take any outrageous Trump-style position to stir the pot. I get that. He lacks the maturity to understand nuance. But he is close to single-handedly (with at least a nod to Yvonne, Monroe, et al) making this site something to avoid rather than being the useful community resource it could - and occasionally used to - be. That's unfortunate.

Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/4 18:01

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
Doesn't really matter is JCMan is racist or not. It's not illegal to be a racist, just as it's not illegal to hate gays, or jews or whomever. What if he hates cherry cola? What if he hates Toyotas? Expressing your beliefs isn't illegal in itself, but actions that are influenced by them can potentially be.

Should he have kept it to himself?? maybe? but he hasn't broken any laws by expressing his point of view.

And everyone here has the freedom to express their opinion back, and to draw whatever conclusion they desire.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/4 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
yea, you mean the GUY THAT DID A GOOD DEED IN RETURNING A LOST WALLET IS BLACK WHAT A SHOCK. NOT ONE THAT WAS STOLEN. picking up a lost wallet is not the same as stealing a wallet, you fucking racist idiot. the act of picking up a wallet is not a crime you mentally retarded dumbfuck. walking away with it is not a crime either. not turning it in to the police or returning it to the owner/keeping the possessions is.

PLEASE SHOW ME THE STATISTICAL EVIDENCE OF RACE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE PICKED UP LOST WALLETS AND KEPT THE MONEY. shit, i just googled it and you get a (very small sample sized) reader's digest study of lost wallets in cities throughout the world. top of the list: helsinki, mumbai, budapest, new york. bottom of the list: lisbon, madrid, prague, zurich

jfc the cognitive dissonance with you is astonishing. i can't wait for a few of you morons to self end come next friday.

I've got news for you. Whether Trump wins or loses, we aren't going anywhere. I hope for the country's sake that he wins, but there's no putting the genie back in the bottle.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 16:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/4 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
yea, you mean the GUY THAT DID A GOOD DEED IN RETURNING A LOST WALLET IS BLACK WHAT A SHOCK. NOT ONE THAT WAS STOLEN. picking up a lost wallet is not the same as stealing a wallet, you fucking racist idiot. the act of picking up a wallet is not a crime you mentally retarded dumbfuck. walking away with it is not a crime either. not turning it in to the police or returning it to the owner/keeping the possessions is.

PLEASE SHOW ME THE STATISTICAL EVIDENCE OF RACE OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE PICKED UP LOST WALLETS AND KEPT THE MONEY. shit, i just googled it and you get a (very small sample sized) reader's digest study of lost wallets in cities throughout the world. top of the list: helsinki, mumbai, budapest, new york. bottom of the list: lisbon, madrid, prague, zurich

jfc the cognitive dissonance with you is astonishing. i can't wait for a few of you morons to self end come next friday.

Posted on: 2016/11/4 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Dumb, racist and barely literate is no way to go through life, Mr. Trump. Here, I'll highlight some key words that you obviously missed:

Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
A friend of mine lost her wallet this morning at Hamilton Park. She urgently needs to fly and needs it back desperately. A neighbor saw a man wearing a hat pick it up and walk towards the 9th St...

Guess your look in the mirror didn't work out too well for you. Hint, check out post #23 and then reread your post #31.

Then you can go back to post #1 and reread the end, which you deceptively omitted. You know, where she makes a plea to the person who picked up the wallet to return it even without the money.

Usually when you have to resort to this type of plea, the wallet is history, making it a theft, as the person took something that didn't belong to them and kept it for themselves. This obvious conclusion is why post #2 told the OP to keep dreaming if she thought she'd get the wallet back.

After all this, you can put on your dunce cap.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dumb, racist and barely literate is no way to go through life, Mr. Trump. Here, I'll highlight some key words that you obviously missed:

Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
A friend of mine lost her wallet this morning at Hamilton Park. She urgently needs to fly and needs it back desperately. A neighbor saw a man wearing a hat pick it up and walk towards the 9th St...

Posted on: 2016/11/3 21:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
It's not that he's just a racist, but an idiot, too.

"So there was a wallet picked up in a mostly white/Asian neighborhood? Must have been a black guy!"

Seriously, put on your dunce cap, sit in the corner for a while and think about how stupid what you said is.

Look in the mirror. The guy was actually black.

It just so happens the OP's clear implication that the wallet was stolen was wrong, so the theft statistics were not relevant.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 17:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It's not that he's just a racist, but an idiot, too.

"So there was a wallet picked up in a mostly white/Asian neighborhood? Must have been a black guy!"

Seriously, put on your dunce cap, sit in the corner for a while and think about how stupid what you said is.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

hamhock wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There is absolutely nothing racist with what I said here. You are a child, unable to deal with the world as it is so you lash out at those who point out highly relevant truths that make you uncomfortable.

Hopefully for your sake you will mature in time.

Perception is more important than intent. It doesn't matter if you think you're a racist. It matters if the rest of us do.

Not at all. Consensus is not a substitute for truth.

Considering all the racist shit you write, that absolutely *IS* the truth.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 16:10
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hamhock wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
There is absolutely nothing racist with what I said here. You are a child, unable to deal with the world as it is so you lash out at those who point out highly relevant truths that make you uncomfortable.

Perception is more important than intent. It doesn't matter if you think you're a racist. It matters if the rest of us do.

Not at all. Consensus is not a substitute for truth.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 15:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 16:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/3 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
Cool. Doesn't matter what John's race is, this Corksucker said:

Someone who understands statistics, and does not allow my hysterical emotions to cloud my sense of reality.

Simply look to the crime statistics and it will reveal what the most likely perpetuator looks like. If these statistics upset you, perhaps certain demographics should stop committing these crimes so they aren't grossly over represented in the crime statistics.

What do YOU say Corksucker?
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
John is black btw

The statistics don't cover people returning wallets. So they have no bearing on, if a wallet is stolen, what groups of people overwhelmingly are likely to be the culprits.

The implication in the OP was that the person stole the wallet. I'm happy this turned out not to be the case.

And I'm not the one who originally asked, but that poster was right. When you make a post about someone who took a wallet, you should give as many descriptive details as possible, including race.

I don't know why I keep coming back here and letting your shit get me worked up.
Dude, you're a fuckign racist and I honestly hope it bites you in the ass.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

Someone who understands statistics, and does not allow my hysterical emotions to cloud my sense of reality.

Simply look to the crime statistics and it will reveal what the most likely perpetuator looks like. If these statistics upset you, perhaps certain demographics should stop committing these crimes so they aren't grossly over represented in the crime statistics.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
John is black btw

The statistics don't cover people returning wallets. So they have no bearing on, if a wallet is stolen, what groups of people overwhelmingly are likely to be the culprits.

The implication in the OP was that the person stole the wallet. I'm happy this turned out not to be the case.

And I'm not the one who originally asked, but that poster was right. When you make a post about someone who took a wallet, you should give as many descriptive details as possible, including race.

I don't know why I keep coming back here and letting your shit get me worked up.
Dude, you're a fuckign racist and I honestly hope it bites you in the ass.

Posted on: 2016/11/3 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
John is black btw

Posted on: 2016/11/2 4:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
John is black btw

Posted on: 2016/11/2 1:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
John is black btw

Posted on: 2016/11/2 1:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, yeah, except for lowlife racists like you

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
Not only the wallet was found and returned by the wonderful guy that found it this morning, all the contents including the cash were all accounted for. John, our hero of the day, also refused to take any money for his good deed.

So thank you John for being just an awesome fella and we will try to pay it forward. Now the happy family can hop on the plane thanks to you!

That is great news - so glad this story had a happy ending! Bon voyage!

Thank you, John, for your good deed. I hope your act inspires others.

Agreed, great to see strangers looking out for each other!

Posted on: 2016/11/2 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:
Not only the wallet was found and returned by the wonderful guy that found it this morning, all the contents including the cash were all accounted for. John, our hero of the day, also refused to take any money for his good deed.

So thank you John for being just an awesome fella and we will try to pay it forward. Now the happy family can hop on the plane thanks to you!

Agreed, great to see strangers looking out for each other!

Posted on: 2016/11/1 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hamiltonpkmom wrote:

Posted on: 2016/11/1 22:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/11/1 22:08

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username: