Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: 10/19/2016: Presidential Debate 3 (Las Vegas)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
The line Hillary delivered about Trump being a puppet was very effective. It would likely have lived on as the highlight had Trump not pulled the "nasty woman" line out or threatened to not support the candidate when he eventually loses.

I listened to last night's Al Smith Dinner. I thought Trump was very funny for much of it. Some of his jokes bombed, but it was more that they weren't exactly jokes, just attack lines. Hillary was also pretty funny. Comparatively, she was more consistent while his best jokes were better than her best and his worst was infinitely worse than hers. Basically, it was a metaphor for the candidates themselves...

The corrupt line made me cringe just the way he delivered it with that pause.... did like the pardon me joke.

She delivered some very funny lines too. Statute of Liberty line was funny, I think she blew the delivery, probably reading left out a word such as He "ranks" or "rates", by the time she hit 5 or 6. if she looses the torch, changes her hair etc. it was old.

Would love to know the writers... at least we didn't see any offensive closings like this year's WH Press Dinner.

I agree on both. The "Pardon Me" was quality. I wasn't too keen on the booing because it seemed like some of it began before he finished, though there was no real punchline to the "jokes" anyway. I think Trump also was self-aware enough during the evening to point out how "corny" the jokes were.

I think Hillary hit the right note with bringing Putin back in it. With the hole "strong as a horse...the one Putin rides all the time!" She definitely stagnated on the Statue of Liberty line. It's a shame as it could have been pretty good.

It certainly would be interesting to know who did the writing. Wouldn't surprise me if Al Franken's name showed up in Hillary's list.

I can't say that I remember the WH correspondents dinner...

The Putin jokes were funny... Schumer, Cuomo and Deblasio were fun... but the best face was Giuliani... He is morphing into Walter the sour grapes puppet.

And how could we leave out the lovely, exceptionally talented Maria Bartiromo (The Money Honey according to Megyn Kelly, who was told by a producer MB hates that monicker, yet Kelly laughed repeating it... a little envy MK? ) strategically sitting in the red dress to the left of the dias. I kept waiting for a wardrobe malfunction, her playing with her phone and those long gloves.

Posted on: 2016/10/21 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
The line Hillary delivered about Trump being a puppet was very effective. It would likely have lived on as the highlight had Trump not pulled the "nasty woman" line out or threatened to not support the candidate when he eventually loses.

I listened to last night's Al Smith Dinner. I thought Trump was very funny for much of it. Some of his jokes bombed, but it was more that they weren't exactly jokes, just attack lines. Hillary was also pretty funny. Comparatively, she was more consistent while his best jokes were better than her best and his worst was infinitely worse than hers. Basically, it was a metaphor for the candidates themselves...

The corrupt line made me cringe just the way he delivered it with that pause.... did like the pardon me joke.

She delivered some very funny lines too. Statute of Liberty line was funny, I think she blew the delivery, probably reading left out a word such as He "ranks" or "rates", by the time she hit 5 or 6. if she looses the torch, changes her hair etc. it was old.

Would love to know the writers... at least we didn't see any offensive closings like this year's WH Press Dinner.

I agree on both. The "Pardon Me" was quality. I wasn't too keen on the booing because it seemed like some of it began before he finished, though there was no real punchline to the "jokes" anyway. I think Trump also was self-aware enough during the evening to point out how "corny" the jokes were.

I think Hillary hit the right note with bringing Putin back in it. With the hole "strong as a horse...the one Putin rides all the time!" She definitely stagnated on the Statue of Liberty line. It's a shame as it could have been pretty good.

It certainly would be interesting to know who did the writing. Wouldn't surprise me if Al Franken's name showed up in Hillary's list.

I can't say that I remember the WH correspondents dinner...

Posted on: 2016/10/21 20:53
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/21 20:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/10/21 19:43
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Trump had a great debate and I'm sure he will be the next President of Russia.

Trump would be thrown into the gulags - Russians don't tolerate ass-holes

Posted on: 2016/10/20 22:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
China wants him first for being such a good customer.

http://www.newsweek.com/how-donald-tr ... teel-workers-china-505717

And the best part:

Quote:

Another recent Trump building that has used metal from China is Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago, which opened in 2009. For that project, Trump obtained loans from Deutsche Bank and three hedge funds that in turn used financing from George Soros, the business magnate who is the subject of many conservative conspiracy theories and is portrayed as a threat to the Republican Party.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 22:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Trump had a great debate and I'm sure he will be the next President of Russia.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I was watching the debate and saw Hillary?s outrage on being asked questions about her stance on open borders. Hillary?s response was this is from Russia, that is the issue, from hacked emails. However, Hillary is running as head of the Democratic Party. The party chairman is supposed to be neutral. DNC chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz was not neutral, she favored Hillary and her replacement Donna Brazile who also works for CNN provided a question to Hillary from Roland Martin. The exact question word for word was given to Hillary, so Hillary is upset about Russia and is totally quiet on the DNC giving her the ?heads up.?
oh, yvonne, sweetie, you are so smart. you are the brightest flower on the block.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
The IBDC-TIPP Presidential Election Tracking Poll, described as the ?most accurate poll in recent presidential elections,? on Wednesday had Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton by one point, 41 percent to 40 percent.

But a variety of other polls showed wildly disparate results, including one from the left-leaning Bloomberg that indicated Clinton was ahead by nine points.

The survey by Investor?s Business Daily and TechnoMetric Market Intelligence had Trump at 41.3 percent to Clinton?s 40 percent nationally and leading across the Midwest and South.

It also found 67 percent of Trump supporters are ?strong? in their support, while Clinton has that level from only 58 percent.

The survey questioned 788 likely voters, with a margin of error of 3.3 percentage points.

True! Biased progressive liberal polls like Fox News has Crooked Hillary at 45% and Donald at 39% -

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2016/polls

IBDC-TIPP is best poll. All the other polls stink!

Posted on: 2016/10/20 19:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
The IBDC-TIPP Presidential Election Tracking Poll, described as the ?most accurate poll in recent presidential elections,? on Wednesday had Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton by one point, 41 percent to 40 percent.

But a variety of other polls showed wildly disparate results, including one from the left-leaning Bloomberg that indicated Clinton was ahead by nine points.

The survey by Investor?s Business Daily and TechnoMetric Market Intelligence had Trump at 41.3 percent to Clinton?s 40 percent nationally and leading across the Midwest and South.

It also found 67 percent of Trump supporters are ?strong? in their support, while Clinton has that level from only 58 percent.

The survey questioned 788 likely voters, with a margin of error of 3.3 percentage points.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 19:24

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Your link is not helping you prove your point 135jc. Go ahead and re-read it. When new jobless claims are close to a 43 year low, a slight week-over-week increase is not proof of a poor job market or high job losses.

Click the 10Y or MAX button on this chart and you'll get a pretty good idea of where new unemployment claims are in 2016 compared to historical averages (hint: current numbers are very good).

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/united-states/jobless-claims

Posted on: 2016/10/20 19:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mpwJC wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Republicans are the blame for this mess, they chose a horrible candidate and now they are butt hurt that nobody likes the candidate they chose. Get over it Clinton will be the 45th President of the United States.

You have it wrong. 8 yrs of nothing while we continue to lose jobs is the reason. Obama is at fault for Trump. His policies have moved people to elect Trump
bull....the us has not been losing jobsfor some time...siome sectors continue to lose jobs, but not most jobs.

Have you seen the latest job reports? Don't forget an unprecedented near zero interest rates for many yrs.
Here is the BLS table for monthly change in total nonfarm employees. There hasn't been a single month of job loss since September 2010. From 10/2010 through 09/2016, 14.375 million jobs have been added, an average of 200k jobs per month.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

**edited "and"/"an" typo

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireSt ... efits-rise-13000-42937467

Posted on: 2016/10/20 19:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/3 13:26
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Republicans are the blame for this mess, they chose a horrible candidate and now they are butt hurt that nobody likes the candidate they chose. Get over it Clinton will be the 45th President of the United States.

You have it wrong. 8 yrs of nothing while we continue to lose jobs is the reason. Obama is at fault for Trump. His policies have moved people to elect Trump
bull....the us has not been losing jobsfor some time...siome sectors continue to lose jobs, but not most jobs.

Have you seen the latest job reports? Don't forget an unprecedented near zero interest rates for many yrs.
Here is the BLS table for monthly change in total nonfarm employees. There hasn't been a single month of job loss since September 2010. From 10/2010 through 09/2016, 14.375 million jobs have been added, an average of 200k jobs per month.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0000000001?output_view=net_1mth

**edited "and"/"an" typo

Posted on: 2016/10/20 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Zero interest rates? I do not see that on credit cards, the banks are making out like bank robbers.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/20 16:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
People can be angry about Obama and Hillary all they want but the question is: why did you pick an imbecile as your candidate?

At some point, conservatives have to take responsibility for their own actions, like how they always preach. Own it.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Hillary's fault! That's all she's been doing for her entire adult life - sending jobs to CHINA, etc.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
I was watching the debate and saw Hillary?s outrage on being asked questions about her stance on open borders. Hillary?s response was this is from Russia, that is the issue, from hacked emails. However, Hillary is running as head of the Democratic Party. The party chairman is supposed to be neutral. DNC chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz was not neutral, she favored Hillary and her replacement Donna Brazile who also works for CNN provided a question to Hillary from Roland Martin. The exact question word for word was given to Hillary, so Hillary is upset about Russia and is totally quiet on the DNC giving her the ?heads up.?

Posted on: 2016/10/20 15:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/20 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/10/20 13:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
are there any bad hombres on this site?

Here's a bad hombre for you., like father like son.

Donald Trump Jr.: Becoming President Would Be ?A Step Down? For My Father

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/d ... e4b0b994d4c42fcf?section=

Posted on: 2016/10/20 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
does he understand what late term abortion is? yep, he was demolished, trashed.....just stepped on like a $2 bill.

and did he mean to say something else when he called her nasty

Posted on: 2016/10/20 12:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
are there any bad hombres on this site?

Posted on: 2016/10/20 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
I believe we're seeing record volumes of contributions to campaigns because the barrier to donate has become so low. Think of how much more pervasive online spending has become since '12 and '08.

Far fewer people are afraid of dumping their credit card info into a webform and the email lists from previous campaigns can be resurrected. Sanders was able to use his list to raise close to $2mil in the last 48 hours for down ballot candidates mainly fanned by Ryan's comment in WI.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:

Yes.... the republican leadership was so out of touch with the grass roots.... it became about defending Washington Elite Status Quo.

Trump is flawed and certainly no matter who they put up, that candidate would have been eaten alive by the Obama Clinton machine, but somebody please explain why there is a record number of people that keep contributing to his campaign.

Term limits is the only way to prevent this self serving attitude that overtakes even the best intentioned person that goes to congress.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 10:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/10/20 10:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Both once again have 'talked the talk', however BOTH don't and haven't 'walked the walk' - Their history of political 'blah, blah, blah' means nothing and they know full well, their rhetoric means diddly squat and the voting public will forget most of their 'promises' and perceived vision for this nation.

It's disappointing why other candidates are not allowed to participate (given equal airtime) which gives the impression it's only a 2 horse race.

VOTE GREENS - JILL STEIN

Posted on: 2016/10/20 4:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
"Such a nasty woman!" I can only imagine Wild Bill siting in the dark nodding his head yes!

Good Lord !

Posted on: 2016/10/20 3:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
"Such a nasty woman!" I can only imagine Wild Bill siting in the dark nodding his head yes!

Posted on: 2016/10/20 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Putin Putin Putin. Now that Russia is feeding wikileaks they are an issue. Prior to that the left laughed them off as well as Romney when he warned of them.

Posted on: 2016/10/20 1:36

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017