Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

Re: 9/26/2016: Presidential Debate (Hofstra)
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
It was long said during the Republican debates that if it went to just a one-on-one debate, Trump wouldn't have won. When given enough time, he rambled incoherently on topics that don't really connect in, what I can only assume, was an attempt at getting a couple talking points in.

I did find it odd that the guy who spent the night sniffing and slowly slouching closer and closer to the mic ended the debate by saying his competitor didn't have the stamina.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 11:18
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Agent orange sounded like he scored a huge bag of cocaine, on Ocean ave he never answered a question and he kept yelling and sniffing. Terrible candidate, just terrible.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Neither of them spoke to me - to the problems that are impacting my family and my nation. I thought Clinton won hands down on substance and being prepared. Trump sounded like a blowhard. He cannot form a cohesive thought on the debate stage - it's just cliche after cliche. He actually used the word "bigly" to describe a large amount of money. I was very disappointed overall.

I'd love to know the issues impacting you and your family.

Trump addressed jobs, our trade agreements and the way we use our military. I believe those to be central issues that most Americans are concerned with. Bigly was hysterical!

She prolly trying to figure out how to bid sight unseen for the next JC property thru a 3rd party agent.

#Holla

Sigh. You're just adorable. Thanks for remembering!

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Neither of them spoke to me - to the problems that are impacting my family and my nation. I thought Clinton won hands down on substance and being prepared. Trump sounded like a blowhard. He cannot form a cohesive thought on the debate stage - it's just cliche after cliche. He actually used the word "bigly" to describe a large amount of money. I was very disappointed overall.

Trump addressed jobs, our trade agreements and the way we use our military. I believe those to be central issues that most Americans are concerned with. Bigly was hysterical!

She prolly trying to figure out how to bid sight unseen for the next JC property thru a 3rd party agent.

#Holla

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Nj.com poll as of 10:50pm :

Who won the presidential debate?

Businessman Donald Trump 53.59% (14,011 votes)

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton 40.45% (10,577 votes)

Neither. 3.84% (1,003 votes)

I don't know. 2.12% (556 votes)

Total Votes: 26,147

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE?

DONALD TRUMP 90.37% (17,424 votes)

HILLARY CLINTON 9.63% (1,857 votes)

Total Votes: 19,281

Thanks.... nj.com has stopped the voting for some odd reason. (hmmm I wonder why) It looks like Trump is winning in most polls.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

you mean almost 10% of conservatives thought clinton won! she really did win.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/27 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/27 2:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/27 2:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Trump was unprepared... terrible. Looked like a rookie panicked sales guy watching major deal sinking. The issues and concerns of the people supported are still there but this election is over.

Time for bed...

Not sure abou that. He is not polished but she has no answers. With Hillary we will get more of the same another 4 to 8 yrs of a declining economy.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 2:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I thought Trump got the job done well. Clinton came across as a same old same old politician.

Posted on: 2016/9/27 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Trump was unprepared... terrible. Looked like a rookie panicked sales guy watching major deal sinking. The issues and concerns of the people supported are still there but this election is over.

Time for bed...

Posted on: 2016/9/27 2:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
(nj.com/Star Ledger set up a live blog for the debate and will also provide fact checks. (lol) If you didn?t know it since the primaries nj.com/SL has printed 3 or 4 Trump hit pieces a day. Not one Clinton hit piece in all that time ..simply amazing. )

Live Trump-Clinton presidential debate coverage tonight (9/26/16) and fact check

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/ ... ge.html#incart_river_home

Posted on: 2016/9/27 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Not to mention what a joke the whole premise is, namely that Trump is somehow a worse liar than Hillary.

Is it a lie that Hillary's concussion made her forget 8 years on the Senate Armed Services Committee and what Classification means, like she told the FBI? In other words she swore that she couldn't remember even one training session in classification, and claimed she "didn't know" the Secretary of State was an original classification authority.

If the answer is yes (it is), then Hillary should be in prison for committing perjury. If no, then she should be in a dementia ward.

You want a good joke? The gist of your post is that she had served her country, in positions of responsibility, for 12 years, and actually had a record for you to attack. Trump has never served anyone but himself, his public record of success is dubious and rife with abuse of others, and he refuses to disclose his actual finances.

It's clear that govt experience is now a liability rather than an asset for the White House because no one is perfect and can serve 12 years without mistakes on the record. No one.

Part of Hillary's problem is that she has never done anything that would make her an inspirational leader.. in fact her poor decisions and inability to understand basic security concepts like classified/confidential tell me after 12 years she is unprepared to lead the country.

And her excuses such as why she has not had a public press conference (NO ZACH G. / KIMBALL do not count) make her less qualified to be President. She would hunker down in the WH and we would never see her again.

After what she did to Libya with Blumenthal her thought process is questionable.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Not to mention what a joke the whole premise is, namely that Trump is somehow a worse liar than Hillary.

Is it a lie that Hillary's concussion made her forget 8 years on the Senate Armed Services Committee and what Classification means, like she told the FBI? In other words she swore that she couldn't remember even one training session in classification, and claimed she "didn't know" the Secretary of State was an original classification authority.

If the answer is yes (it is), then Hillary should be in prison for committing perjury. If no, then she should be in a dementia ward.

You want a good joke? The gist of your post is that she had served her country, in positions of responsibility, for 12 years, and actually had a record for you to attack. Trump has never served anyone but himself, his public record of success is dubious and rife with abuse of others, and he refuses to disclose his actual finances.

It's clear that govt experience is now a liability rather than an asset for the White House because no one is perfect and can serve 12 years without mistakes on the record. No one.

Also hilarious how you pretend she was simply "serving her country," like some sort of noble public servant.

In reality, after she stole $200,000 worth of China when leaving the White House, she claimed she was "dead broke." Yet managed to make over $200 million with her husband since that time, much of this including during her supposed "public service." Yes, I'm sure all of that was obtained legitimately.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 23:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Please reread because you did not understand the gist of my post.

When she was interviewed by the FBI, despite receiving dozens of briefings on how to handle classified information, Hillary claimed that she couldn't remember a single one, blaming it on her concussion. After looking into the camera and falsely telling the American people that she did not send or receive any classified information on her illegal email server, it was revealed she did indeed have such emails, some of which were marked with a (c). When confronted about this, she told the FBI she had no idea the (c) stood for confidential and instead thought it simply was a way of alphabetizing paragraphs.

These statements made to the FBI were obviously egregious lies intended to help her evade prosecution for her crimes related to her emails. She didn't intentionally mishandle classified info, she just couldn't remember any briefings discussing what was actually classified! So she belongs in prison for perjury in addition to mishandling classified materials.

And in case she happened to be telling the truth and couldn't remember receiving dozens of briefings, or what the (c) stamp stood for, she belongs in a dementia ward.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/26 22:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Wow in two polls released today it is really close. That?s after Clinton spending 160 million to Trumps 33 million to date on TV ads. The word is Trump is going to spend 140 million from now until Election Day to crush Clinton.

General Election: Bloomberg Clinton 41, Trump 43, Johnson 8, Stein 4 Trump +2

General Election: Quinnipiac Clinton 44, Trump 43, Johnson 8, Stein 2 Clinton +1

Given the violent adverse reactions both candidates provoke in the public at large, I really have a tough time believing that any sizeable portion of the electorate is still to make their mind up. The gulf between Trump and Clinton is so staggeringly vast I just don't believe anyone is looking at one, then at the other and telling pollsters that they just can't decide.

I think the "undecided" voters are just closted Trump voters who don't feel comfortable publicly telling someone they will be voting for him.

Many gay Trump supporters have said it was much easier to publicly come out as gay than a Trump supporter.

A friend told you that? :)

Posted on: 2016/9/26 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
FYI, the latest propaganda technique employed by the media is reliance on so called "fact checking."

This would be fine if the "fact checkers," were objective, but in reality they are partisan Democrats who try and twist everything Trump says to make it look bad, while twisting Hillary's words to make her look good.

Here is a representative example. Politifact (operated by the Tampa Bay Times, a strong Hillary endorser) evaluated the same statement made by Sanders and Trump. When Sanders says it, Politifact rates it as "mostly true." But for Trump, "mostly false." Beware.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtIZly5UkAA-wZg.jpg:large

That?s funny (hmm maybe not so much) I noticed the same thing over the last few days. Most of the media outlets are talking about Hillary or the moderator fact checking ALL of Trumps lies on the spot. ?How will they counter his outright lies?? ?We all know Trump is a liar.? Too funny. Oh the other big thing is ?WHICH TRUMP WILL SHOW UP FOR THE DEBATE?.

PS ? gee I hope Clinton can hold it in for 90 minutes there are no bathroom breaks.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
FYI, the latest propaganda technique employed by the media is reliance on so called "fact checking."

This would be fine if the "fact checkers," were objective, but in reality they are partisan Democrats who try and twist everything Trump says to make it look bad, while twisting Hillary's words to make her look good.

Here is a representative example. Politifact (operated by the Tampa Bay Times, a strong Hillary endorser) evaluated the same statement made by Sanders and Trump. When Sanders says it, Politifact rates it as "mostly true." But for Trump, "mostly false." Beware.

That?s funny (hmm maybe not so much) I noticed the same thing over the last few days. Most of the media outlets are talking about Hillary or the moderator fact checking ALL of Trumps lies on the spot. ?How will they counter his outright lies?? ?We all know Trump is a liar.? Too funny. Oh the other big thing is ?WHICH TRUMP WILL SHOW UP FOR THE DEBATE?.

PS ? gee I hope Clinton can hold it in for 90 minutes there are no bathroom breaks.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Wow in two polls released today it is really close. That?s after Clinton spending 160 million to Trumps 33 million to date on TV ads. The word is Trump is going to spend 140 million from now until Election Day to crush Clinton.

General Election: Quinnipiac Clinton 44, Trump 43, Johnson 8, Stein 2 Clinton +1

Given the violent adverse reactions both candidates provoke in the public at large, I really have a tough time believing that any sizeable portion of the electorate is still to make their mind up. The gulf between Trump and Clinton is so staggeringly vast I just don't believe anyone is looking at one, then at the other and telling pollsters that they just can't decide.

I think the "undecided" voters are just closted Trump voters who don't feel comfortable publicly telling someone they will be voting for him.

Many gay Trump supporters have said it was much easier to publicly come out as gay than a Trump supporter.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Voyeur wrote:
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Anecdotally, what I'm hearing from several people in the (suburban and urban) 50+ crowd is that folks hate them both and will not turn out to vote this year (and this comes from life-long voters). Sad.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

neverleft wrote:

Posted on: 2016/9/26 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
On this day in history - September 26, 1960:

For the first time in U.S. history, a debate between major party presidential candidates is shown on television. The presidential hopefuls, John F. Kennedy, a Democratic senator of Massachusetts, and Richard M. Nixon, the vice president of the United States, met in a Chicago studio to discuss U.S. domestic matters.

Kennedy emerged the apparent winner from this first of four televised debates, partly owing to his greater ease before the camera than Nixon, who, unlike Kennedy, seemed nervous and declined to wear makeup. Nixon fared better in the second and third debates, and on October 21 the candidates met to discuss foreign affairs in their fourth and final debate. Less than three weeks later, on November 8, Kennedy won 49.7 percent of the popular vote in one of the closest presidential elections in U.S. history, surpassing by a fraction the 49.6 percent received by his Republican opponent.

More

Posted on: 2016/9/26 17:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/11/18 4:28
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

The 3rd debate in 2012 was on October 22nd, a Monday.
For some reasons, nobody made it an issue then. Why is it one this year?

Really? NOBODY made it an issue then? Got anything to back that up or is it just a baseless anecdote?

Quote:

If MNF matters more for some people that the debate, lets them watch football. The others can watch the debate, or a movie if that is what they'd like to do...

Think pragmatically instead of in ideals. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

More people will watch if it doesn't go against MNF. Therefore, just have it on a Tuesday, yeah? This is the easy stuff.

I googled it an could not find one instance mentioning it happening at the same time as MNF and it being an issue but please let me know what you have found that i did not...

Again, 2012, 2016 or any other year, it is nonsensical to have the Debates face off against MNF when it could just as easily be scheduled on a Tuesday. This isn't difficult.

To have a weekly sport program determine the week day of the debates seem a bit silly in my opinion. If it was a once of year event like the SuperBowl I would understand...

Tuesday, The Voice is on. It draws the same number of viewers as MNF. So i guess Tuesday would not be a good day either?

Posted on: 2016/9/26 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/26 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Oh paah leeeze , watching footy is so bourgeois.

He is the opportunity for a great unscripted debate between the next leader of free world.

#LOL-FreeWorld

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

Really? NOBODY made it an issue then? Got anything to back that up or is it just a baseless anecdote?

Quote:

If MNF matters more for some people that the debate, lets them watch football. The others can watch the debate, or a movie if that is what they'd like to do...

Think pragmatically instead of in ideals. You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

More people will watch if it doesn't go against MNF. Therefore, just have it on a Tuesday, yeah? This is the easy stuff.

I googled it an could not find one instance mentioning it happening at the same time as MNF and it being an issue but please let me know what you have found that i did not...

Again, 2012, 2016 or any other year, it is nonsensical to have the Debates face off against MNF when it could just as easily be scheduled on a Tuesday. This isn't difficult.

Posted on: 2016/9/26 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/26 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

manu wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

manu wrote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2016/9/26 15:39

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017