Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Masterplan meeting at City Hall tonight
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
Could you elaborate? Did they have a blueprint in place already? What was the general sentiment of what people were calling for in there? My fear is that these meetings will be packed with Yvonne acolytes and neighborhood association types that will advocate for half the city being turned into a parking lot.

No, there was nothing on the table. And yes, there were people complaining about losing the suburban nature of their block in Greenville, but I did not get the impression they were a major force. It seemed like most thoughtful people were concerned about the infrastructure like sewers, transit, walk & bikeability and greenspace keeping up with development.

Posted on: 2016/9/16 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Well, that was an exercise in "we're listening" theater. I'm surprised they didn't suggest the JC master plan could bring peace in the Mideast, they seemed to believe it could solve all sorts of other problems like social justice and employment. No discussion at all of the "ecosystem" of the city, how and why changes in density and usage make a plan obsolete.

Could you elaborate? Did they have a blueprint in place already? What was the general sentiment of what people were calling for in there? My fear is that these meetings will be packed with Yvonne acolytes and neighborhood association types that will advocate for half the city being turned into a parking lot.

Posted on: 2016/9/16 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

VillageIdiot wrote:
Am surprised I haven't seen more talk about this on JC List. But maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Am not sure I can make it to City Hall tonight. If anyone goes, can they please post a report?

http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/masterplan/

Well, that was an exercise in "we're listening" theater. I'm surprised they didn't suggest the JC master plan could bring peace in the Mideast, they seemed to believe it could solve all sorts of other problems like social justice and employment. No discussion at all of the "ecosystem" of the city, how and why changes in density and usage make a plan obsolete.

Posted on: 2016/9/16 1:51

Masterplan meeting at City Hall tonight

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/22 19:17
From The Village
Group:
Registered Users
Am surprised I haven't seen more talk about this on JC List. But maybe I am not looking in the right place.

Am not sure I can make it to City Hall tonight. If anyone goes, can they please post a report?

http://www.jerseycitynj.gov/masterplan/

Posted on: 2016/9/15 21:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017