Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: When did the parking meter times change in the Heights?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
If you pay a meter for parking it is not free, psyop, but not providing parking for business is an anti-business. Unfortunately, a lot of my money goes where there is parking and I am not the only one in JC who patronize business where parking is not a hassle. This does not help the local economy. A friend told me recently, she decided not to patronize the beauty shop she normally goes to because her car got a ticket. She is now going to Bayonne where parking is not a hassle. You live in denial. It is not worth having your car ticketed and booted while you are spending your money. If JC had a municipal sales tax, of course, they would figure out a way to find parking so the money would stay in JC.

Parking? Bayonne? You must mean Bayonne, France. Parking is metered & is just about as big a problem there as here. And if you (or your little friend) really knew anything about the people who live in Bayonne you would be very aware of their peculiar little habit of lining up the middle of their vehicles with the meter, thereby taking up 2 spaces & paying for one.

But then that wouldn't fit into your agenda of all that is wrong with Jersey City.

Posted on: 2016/9/7 0:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Central Avenue runs for Ward C to Ward D. If you want businesses in those empty store fronts, then the city should expand parking for restaurants.

OK, where exactly? You just rant on and on about free parking like it should be your God-given right. You've been doing this for years and it's tiresome, to say the least-

Posted on: 2016/9/6 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Central Avenue runs for Ward C to Ward D. If you want businesses in those empty store fronts, then the city should expand parking for restaurants.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
In the past 10 years, business owners have complained at council meetings about this problem. They want parking for business reason. I don't have specific names but if you look on the city's cable you might hear a person talking about this.

Cable? What's that? Is that some elitist method of communication?

What exactly is it they want? There's no "open space" to build lots. And no doubt just expanding meters on the side streets would not make you and them happy, you both want a free lunch.

I would love to take a time lapse video of Central and show how many cars never move all day, the cars of those business owners and their employees hogging the street parking.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
In the past 10 years, business owners have complained at council meetings about this problem. They want parking for business reason. I don't have specific names but if you look on the city's cable you might hear a person talking about this.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 14:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Sadly, Yvonne is correct at least in the past tense, people were booted on 1st offense in non-critical areas of JC. I had thought this practice was ended, but I do not actually know.

This was my welcome to JC 19 years ago. We went to DMV to change our licenses and registration, parked on Magnolia legally, went in and found we were missing docs. We went home, had lunch, and returned a few hours after we had gone originally, parking further down Magnolia. We got booted within the hour for being in the zone too long!

The whole BK discussion is stupid. That lot is a municipal pay lot, not Bk's. Also stupid in that IIRC there's only a couple of restaurants of a size to hold an event in all of the main Central district.

Yvonne, why don't you give them a plug and list ALL those places who lose wedding business due to parking? I'd be fascinated.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 3:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have know people who were booted and fined, especially the person who came to his aunt's wake downtown. It was his first time.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
You don't get booted (or towed) with a single violation, unless you've parked in a really bad spot that is unsafe for other drivers or pedestrians.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 1:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you pay a meter for parking it is not free, psyop, but not providing parking for business is an anti-business. Unfortunately, a lot of my money goes where there is parking and I am not the only one in JC who patronize business where parking is not a hassle. This does not help the local economy. A friend told me recently, she decided not to patronize the beauty shop she normally goes to because her car got a ticket. She is now going to Bayonne where parking is not a hassle. You live in denial. It is not worth having your car ticketed and booted while you are spending your money. If JC had a municipal sales tax, of course, they would figure out a way to find parking so the money would stay in JC.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 1:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Actually, I know someone years ago who had their car booted while visiting a funeral home that did not have parking.

Someone parked illegally and got punished for it, what's the problem?

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
JC really is anti-business.

You can't park anywhere you want for free so the city is anti-business, get with the times. Unless the business has their own parking why should the city pay for it? Some places where real estate is really cheap maybe, but not otherwise.

Posted on: 2016/9/6 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The last 2 repasts (after the funeral) that I attended was outside JC even though the funerals were in JC. You cannot put your guests at risk with having their cars booted at these events. Actually, I know someone years ago who had their car booted while visiting a funeral home that did not have parking. JC really is anti-business. Even in the days of horse and buggy there was a place for horses to stay in JC.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I am willing to contact Burger King and ask them to come up with a menu for JC residents for bridal and special events. Come on, jclisters, plan your event and post so I can contact Burger King. Afterall, people here do not use real restaurants which might involve parking.

I for one have seen many birthday parties there and even some blue collar corporate gatherings ... a group of mechanics from a dealership were there as a group!

It's also not unheard of that sporting teams gather at fast food chains and even motorcycle and car clubs!

Posted on: 2016/9/5 23:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am willing to contact Burger King and ask them to come up with a menu for JC residents for bridal and special events. Come on, jclisters, plan your event and post so I can contact Burger King. Afterall, people here do not use real restaurants which might involve parking.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
So how many of you who are attacking me had a wedding, baby, anniversary event in Burger King? Really, I want to see this, please post here.

It's medication time !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/9/5 22:17
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So how many of you who are attacking me had a wedding, baby, anniversary event in Burger King? Really, I want to see this, please post here.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 19:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
If you plan on driving to a restaurant in the city and think you are entitled to free parking, especially for 3 or more hours you should move out of the city. Sure there are a few places, some validate(probably not more than 2 hours) or happen to have parking(Coach House). Keep complaining about it though because it's good fun.

So what you are stating is that you are glad they extended it ? Perhaps you could pus for 24 hours meter times.

Nope, I'm responding to Yvonne taking the opportunity anytime parking in the city comes up to think it is her right to have free parking wherever she goes.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
If you plan on driving to a restaurant in the city and think you are entitled to free parking, especially for 3 or more hours you should move out of the city. Sure there are a few places, some validate(probably not more than 2 hours) or happen to have parking(Coach House). Keep complaining about it though because it's good fun.

So what you are stating is that you are glad they extended it ? Perhaps you could pus for 24 hours meter times.

Posted on: 2016/9/5 9:34
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Really, people plan wedding showers and important events at Burger King? Let's not confuse a 3 year old activities with adults events.

Look at this 1%er over here

Posted on: 2016/9/5 4:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/5 1:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
The problem with Yvonne is that nothing short of a reserved "no pay" spot in front of her destination would make her happy. Even if the city added more municipal lots to Central (there are at least 3 that I recall) She would still complain that they're not on THE BLOCK where she's going.

But there's no empty lots nearby, the only option would be a parking structure behind the Burger King, and then she'd still complain it was too far from somewhere. Yvonne, what IS your proposal? Condemn properties all over town and turn them into parking for you?

I'm not entirely unsympathetic, I think the JCPA and USPS hogging all the meter spots in the lot next to the Post Office is ridiculous. But I always find a meter somewhere.

Posted on: 2016/9/4 20:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Really, people plan wedding showers and important events at Burger King? Let's not confuse a 3 year old activities with adults events.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, something significant to the couple took place at a Burger King? That would make the venue something special. People with a sense of fun would do this. People who have a life would do this. I mean, not everyone can afford the Waldorf, Sardi's or the Russian Tea Room.

Posted on: 2016/9/4 20:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/9/1 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I dont believe that is a true statement... I am sure plenty of people plan events a Burger King, esp. people with children.

Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
People do not plan wedding showers, birthday parties, or other events at Burger King. The city is hurting traditional restaurants without the parking.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 14:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Classic Yvonne? Get real, I go to business that have the sense to have parking. Unfortunately, that means more of my money leaves JC. If the mayor care about the area, he would have parking for the businesses.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 3:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Rumor on the streets has is that the staff and business owners working and running these restaurants and local businesses are the one's whining and being vocal, because they can't park near their work place anymore.
You'll find the same cars parked in close proximity to the area in question all the time ... it's all crap about looking out for clients

I suspected that was the reason for the hysteria over the change to numbered spaces and ticket kiosks. The staff couldn't just send out a peon with quarters to feed all their meters.

What classic Yvonne, do something for the businesses so they're patrons can have evening parking and she'll find the edge case where you haven't done ENOUGH! I'd like to see more meters, there's sections of Palisade now, like around Franklin, that could use some. Also Key Food at 3rd & Jersey could use a few 15 minute meters, now that they put in the daylighting posts at the corners, there's nowhere to briefly park and run in.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 3:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/11 20:47
Group:
Registered Users
The Lincoln Inn which is off central, actually has its own customer parking lot. Small but it does exist. Most of the people going there probably walk from one street over.

Posted on: 2016/9/1 0:53

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The Lincoln Inn which is off central, actually has its own customer parking lot. Small but it does exist. Most of the people going there probably walk from one street over.

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Rumor on the streets has is that the staff and business owners working and running these restaurants and local businesses are the one's whining and being vocal, because they can't park near their work place anymore.
You'll find the same cars parked in close proximity to the area in question all the time ... it's all crap about looking out for clients

Posted on: 2016/8/31 21:01

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017