Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 27 »

Re: Republican Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/8/6 22:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
The only thing more absurd and frightening than Drumpf....are the people supporting this con artist.

Posted on: 2016/8/6 16:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

How Donald Trump Created The Worst Week Any Candidate?s Ever Had
Here are all 16 of Trump?s terrible gaffes this week.

WASHINGTON ? For Donald Trump, the past week has marked a fresh low in a campaign that has already sunk modern American politics to new levels.

But unlike the GOP presidential nominee?s previous nadirs ? such as his call for a blanket travel ban on Muslims, or his false claim that the father of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was involved in the assassination of President John F. Kennedy ? this week has actually hurt Trump?s campaign. A lot. Polls taken late this week show Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton leading Trump by double digits nationwide. The businessman is even behind in deep red states like Georgia. So what happened?

The short answer is that Trump waged war against everyone from the family of a fallen soldier, to his party?s top officials, to a baby who cried at one of his rallies. He?s given voters, GOP lawmakers and potential donors a laundry list of reasons to steer clear of his campaign. Here?s how Trump?s terrible week went down.

Saturday, July 30: Trump attacked Khizr and Ghazala Khan, a Gold Star military family whose son was killed in Iraq in 2004. The couple appeared on stage together at the Democratic National Convention, where Khzir Khan criticized Trump, saying the GOP nominee ?smears the character of Muslims.?

Trump responded by insulting the Khans and ignoring their sacrifice. ?If you look at his wife, she was standing there, she had nothing to say, she probably ? maybe she wasn?t allowed to have anything to say, you tell me,? Trump told ABC?s George Stephanopoulos on Saturday. ?Mr. Khan, who has never met me, has no right to stand in front of millions of people and claim I have never read the Constitution, and say many other inaccurate things.?

In the same ABC interview, Trump complained about the presidential debate schedule. ?It?s against two NFL games. I got a letter from the NFL saying ?This is ridiculous,?? he whined. Within hours, a spokesman for the NFL said the former reality TV personality was lying.

Asked about changes to the GOP party platform that seemed to benefit Russia, Trump told ABC, that Russian President Vladimir Putin was not sending forces into Ukraine. ?Just so you understand, he?s not going to go into Ukraine, all right,? he said.

Informed that Russia had annexed part of Ukraine in 2014, Trump flubbed, ?OK, well, he?s there in a certain way, but I?m not there yet.?

Early Monday, August 1: Trump renewed his attacks on the Khans.

Monday afternoon: Trump attacked the fire marshal overseeing a rally in Columbus, Ohio, saying the first responder ?ought to be ashamed of himself,? because ?they turned away thousands of people.? It was the second time in a week he?d attacked firefighters. Trump had speculated in Colorado Springs on July 29 that the fire marshal in charge was probably a Democrat, and he called the enforcement of fire code occupancy limits ?a disgraceful situation.?

Monday 7:25 p.m.: Trump praised Paul Nehlen, the Wisconsin primary challenger vying to unseat Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan.

Monday 8:35 p.m.: USA Today contributor Kristen Powers reported how the GOP nominee said that if his daughter Ivanka Trump were ever sexually harassed at work, he?d expect her to quit her job. ?I would like to think she would find another career or find another company if that was the case,? he said.

Early Tuesday: Trump?s son, Eric Trump, doubled down on the idea that women who are victims of sexual harassment have done something to deserve it. ?Ivanka is a strong, powerful woman? Eric Trump told CBS This Morning. His sister ?wouldn?t allow herself? to be subjected to sexual harassment.

Tuesday, late morning: Donald Trump told a supporter at a rally in Ashburn, Virginia, to remove her crying baby. He?d said moments before to the same woman, ?Don?t worry about that baby, I love babies. I hear that baby crying, I like it.?

?Actually, I was only kidding,? Trump said seconds later. ?You can get the baby out of here.? When it seemed like the woman had left, an incredulous sounding Trump told the crowd, ?I think she really believed me! That I love having a baby crying while I?m speaking!?
X

Tuesday around lunchtime: In a wide-ranging interview with The Washington Post, Trump went out of his way to say he could not endorse three leading Republicans: Ryan, Arizona Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte. (R-N.H.)

The three snubs all appeared to be vindictive attempts by Trump to exact revenge on fellow Republicans he felt had been critical of him. Both Ryan and McCain have formally endorsed Trump already, but they also denounced his attacks on a federal judge and on the Khan family, respectively.

Tuesday evening: For the second time in two days, Trump peddled the notion that the November elections would be ?rigged? against him. He said on Fox News that court rulings striking down voter identity laws were discriminatory and would likely lead to fraud on Election Day. ?People are going to walk in there, they?re going to vote 10 times, maybe. Who knows? They?re going to vote 10 times,? Trump said.

Wednesday midday: During a rally in Daytona Beach, Florida, Trump vividly described watching a video of currency being unloaded from an airplane that he said was shot in Iran. ?I?ll never forget the scene this morning,? Trump said. ?Iran ? I don?t think you?ve heard this anywhere but here ? Iran provided all of that footage, the tape, of taking that money off that airplane.?

The only problem was that what he actually saw was a publicly available video that was months old ? and shot in Geneva, Switzerland. It did not show the exchange of cash, it was not ?top secret,? as Trump claimed, it was not ?a military tape? and it was not ?provided by Iran.?
X

Early Thursday: Trump?s campaign admitted that all the candidate had ever seen was the old footage from Switzerland, not military video from Iran. But that didn?t keep Trump from repeating the lie again.

Thursday afternoon: The real estate businessman insisted to a crowd in Portland, Maine, he?d seen a secretive Iranian video. ?It was interesting because a tape was made,? he said. ?Right? You saw that? With the airplane coming in? Nice plane. And the airplane coming and the money coming off, I guess, right? That was given to us, has to be, by the Iranians.?

Thursday evening: The damage Trump had been doing to his campaign all week finally began to show up in polls, where the Republican nominee trailed Clinton by 9 to 15 points nationally. Even more worrying for Republicans, however, were the double digit leads that Clinton was achieving in battleground states.

Friday morning: Trump acknowledged in a Twitter post that he had not, in fact, seen any video from Iran.

As if to underscore how irresponsible Trump?s comments on Iran had been, former CIA acting director Mike Morell penned a scathing condemnation of Trump, published in The New York Times on Friday morning.

He suggested in the article that the GOP nominee was being manipulated by Putin, himself a former Russian intelligence officer. ?In the intelligence business, we?d say that Mr. Trump was an unwitting agent of the Russian Federation,? Morell wrote.

Friday afternoon: As Trump?s party, and his potential donors panicked all week, the presidential candidate repeatedly said how united the GOP was behind him, a point he reiterated at two rallies on Friday with his vice presidential running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence.

Friday evening: The only sign that Trump had any intention of shifting the momentum of his disastrous campaign came late on Friday in Green Bay, Wisconsin, where he read formal endorsements of Ryan, McCain and Ayotte from a sheet of paper.

While this may have been enough to satisfy Republican party leaders desperate to find some redeeming quality in Trump?s campaign, a few minutes of politeness isn?t likely to repair the damage from his hellish week.

Only 12 more weeks to go...

Editor?s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims ? 1.6 billion members of an entire religion ? from entering the U.S.
Also on HuffPost

Posted on: 2016/8/6 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Buffet... Bezos... Seros... Cuban... Gates... and your point is what??? They fact that all men support Hillary or that they are billionaires???

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
So Trump's economic advisors are mostly billionaires, only men
great. so how is trump different? how is he going to be that agent of change that he talks about being? at the end of the day, same old bullshit from a con man - switch and bait.

clinton is not the change candidate.

One way Trump is different...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/8/6 15:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Buffet... Bezos... Seros... Cuban... Gates... and your point is what??? They fact that all men support Hillary or that they are billionaires???

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
great. so how is trump different? how is he going to be that agent of change that he talks about being? at the end of the day, same old bullshit from a con man - switch and bait.

clinton is not the change candidate.

Posted on: 2016/8/6 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

hero69 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/6 5:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/6 4:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Well DRUMPF just ripped off 3 little girls.....yep he sure is a great financial guru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UOKh00-GuY

Posted on: 2016/8/6 4:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just call Melania the green card wife?

Check out univision

Posted on: 2016/8/6 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Just call Melania the green card wife?

Check out univision

Posted on: 2016/8/6 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Of course... If I want to pick a Paulson Brother for an key financial advisor I will take John who, like your boy George Seros, short the crashing 2008 Market and made billions for his hedge fund.

His brother Henry was the Bush Treasury Secretary who doled out all the billions to Goldman Sachs & Company. He will be voting for Hillary.

And after that, new president Obama hired Tim Geithner ex GS and NY Fed as his new treasurer to keep the looting of the treasury going. How many people did the Obama DOJ send to jail for that scam?

With the phony inflated economy, we stand a better chance with John Paulsen.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Looks like Trump's economic team is pulling it together... Apparently not all of Wall Street is sniffing Hillary's bottom.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/tru ... n-economic-120530897.html
lol. trump's team is worse than wall street. are you for real?

Posted on: 2016/8/5 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
Looks like Trump's economic team is pulling it together... Apparently not all of Wall Street is sniffing Hillary's bottom.

lol. trump's team is worse than wall street. are you for real?

Posted on: 2016/8/5 21:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/5 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/ ... s/?utm_source=twitterfeed

Is Donald Trump Really Ripping Off His Small Donors?

I hope Trump supporters didn't get ripped off by their fuhrer.

His Scampaign is going very well.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 20:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Trump was recently prescribed medical marijuana - explains everything!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politic ... t-real-made-up/index.html

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump apologized for many of his controversial statements over the last two weeks and blamed his odd behavior on the medical advice received from Dr. John "J.D." Dorian, the Trump campaign physician.

Appearing on "CBS This Morning," Trump was pressed about the string of divisive statements over the last several weeks.

Trump replied, "Listen, I've been in great great pain from the heal spurs lately. I'm on my feet all day giving speeches, I can't let my supporters down. I was prescribed steroids but it didn't help. So I asked J.D. for help. We were in Colorado so J.D. prescribed medical marijuana. I told him no way was I going to try that. I don't drink and don't take drugs. He assured me that at low doses it wouldn't impair my behavior or thought process. It was supposed to be fabulous and it was just the opposite."

When pressed if Dr. Dorian was still working for the campaign Trump replied, " J.D? No he's gone. He's fired. I'm going to sue him. Sue him for medical malpractice. He gave me really really bad advice. He's a loser and I think he's a Democrat too"...

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
[quote]
SOS wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:

You progressive whackos amaze me.... these " right wing, conservative, gun loving, God fearing Republicans" who you have despised for years suddenly have become "rational and fair minded Republicans" who you fools now respect? ...

Your link doesn't work. Did you just make that whole thing up?

"Heal" misspelled (should be heel) and the link to Dorian works among other things...

Posted on: 2016/8/5 19:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Damn Donny just went after the Filipinos LOL soon there will be no one left to attack except his uneducated base.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:

Washington (CNN) Donald Trump apologized for many of his controversial statements over the last two weeks and blamed his odd behavior on the medical advice received from Dr. John "J.D." Dorian, the Trump campaign physician.

Appearing on "CBS This Morning," Trump was pressed about the string of divisive statements over the last several weeks.

Trump replied, "Listen, I've been in great great pain from the heal spurs lately. I'm on my feet all day giving speeches, I can't let my supporters down. I was prescribed steroids but it didn't help. So I asked J.D. for help. We were in Colorado so J.D. prescribed medical marijuana. I told him no way was I going to try that. I don't drink and don't take drugs. He assured me that at low doses it wouldn't impair my behavior or thought process. It was supposed to be fabulous and it was just the opposite."

When pressed if Dr. Dorian was still working for the campaign Trump replied, " J.D? No he's gone. He's fired. I'm going to sue him. Sue him for medical malpractice. He gave me really really bad advice. He's a loser and I think he's a Democrat too"...

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
[quote]
SOS wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:

You progressive whackos amaze me.... these " right wing, conservative, gun loving, God fearing Republicans" who you have despised for years suddenly have become "rational and fair minded Republicans" who you fools now respect? ...

Your link doesn't work. Did you just make that whole thing up?

Posted on: 2016/8/5 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
trump advisor wants to cut corporate taxes to15%....more stupidity from trump

Posted on: 2016/8/5 18:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
[quote]
SOS wrote:
[quote]
TheBigGuy wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/5 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Rump supporters should watch episode of twilight zone called "to serve man"

Or Braindead. Space bugs could explain what's happening in this election cycle. Donald acts like he has them which is the point of the series.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
More Republicans flee the party

Pat Buchanan Fan Leaves the GOP Over Trump

This ex-military Republican has been ultra-loyal to the party and the movements that animate it. No longer. The man at the top of the ticket is beyond the pale.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles ... s-the-gop-over-trump.html

Posted on: 2016/8/4 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:
Good to see Trump and his supporters setting up the Hitler Youth.....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politic ... 1470156548-htmlstory.html

Child yells profanity directed at Hillary Clinton during Donald Trump rally

A school-age child at a Donald Trump rally on Tuesday stood up and yelled "Take the bitch down" after the candidate mentioned Hillary Clinton. His mother later defended the child's right to speak and blamed his language on "Democratic schools."

The child, who looked no more than 10, was sitting next to his mother in the media section.

The mother identified herself in a brief interview with a small group of reporters as Pam Kohler of Mount Vernon, Va., but she would not name her son or say how old he is.

?He's a minor so he can't be interviewed,? Kohler said.

?I think he has a right to speak what he wants to," she said.

Asked where he learned to speak that way, she answered, "Democratic schools."

As more reporters began surrounding her, she walked out of the auditorium at Briar Woods High School, where the rally was held, using a Trump sign to block cameras. Behind her seats was a school sign, encouraging good behavior: "Trustworthy, Respectful, United, Excellent."

You are joking right? My brother graduated in 2006 and John McCain spoke. At the time he was considered a moderate Republican. The way he was attacked was unreal. This was not done by the students only but their parents as well. No one gets as angry as a seething liberal spewing hate. It's not close

Posted on: 2016/8/4 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:

BigGuy I'm going to try to explain some things to you in a compassionate way. Judging from your writing style and the word choice I assume you're in your 70's so I'm cutting you some slack.

Party designations are becoming less relevant. I happen to be a Democrat but I vote for the best candidate regardless of party. In the past I've voted for Republicans, but never in a presidential election. User1111 is in the same boat as me pretty much, I assume. Most Republicans don't use Breibart and other extremist information sites as their primary source of news. Most Democrats don't listen to WBAI (that's a leftist/progressive radio station as described here). I bet you never heard of it. The positions that you and other Trump supporters share with us are extreme. This is a very sad election for real Republicans because the party has been sacked by Trump and he's not a Republican. People are finally getting the message that Trump is unfit to be POTUS. You are on the wrong side of history. But look at the bright side. If Clinton wins you'll have 4 years to rant against every action she takes. If Trump wins it will be the end of the GOP and maybe the end of the world as we know it.

Thanks? your every word was dripping with a compassion that was clearly demonstrated by your ?ageist? comments. While you are processing that, I remembered another adjective used commonly with conservative and/or republican nouns. Hardcore, as in a ?hardcore conservative or republican?. Why is it you never hear about ?hardcore liberals or democrats?.

I really enjoyed reading your conclusive assumptions about the media preferences of both republicans and democrats. And your knowledge of WBAI listening demographic was so insightful, that I can assume that democrats who prefer their hardcore Marxist talk radio on the lighter socialist side, drift to over to WNYC.

BTW take this from an old guy about your writing style; you need to learn how to create paragraphs. Glad you could follow my comments. My use of ellipses? is so that slow thinkers? like you ?. can follow along. I am very compassionate to the fact that most of you ?kids" today have the attention span of a nit and suffer from severe learning disabilities.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 9:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Rump supporters should watch episode of twilight zone called "to serve man"

Posted on: 2016/8/4 4:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Good to see Trump and his supporters setting up the Hitler Youth.....

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politic ... 1470156548-htmlstory.html

Child yells profanity directed at Hillary Clinton during Donald Trump rally

A school-age child at a Donald Trump rally on Tuesday stood up and yelled "Take the bitch down" after the candidate mentioned Hillary Clinton. His mother later defended the child's right to speak and blamed his language on "Democratic schools."

The child, who looked no more than 10, was sitting next to his mother in the media section.

The mother identified herself in a brief interview with a small group of reporters as Pam Kohler of Mount Vernon, Va., but she would not name her son or say how old he is.

?He's a minor so he can't be interviewed,? Kohler said.

?I think he has a right to speak what he wants to," she said.

Asked where he learned to speak that way, she answered, "Democratic schools."

As more reporters began surrounding her, she walked out of the auditorium at Briar Woods High School, where the rally was held, using a Trump sign to block cameras. Behind her seats was a school sign, encouraging good behavior: "Trustworthy, Respectful, United, Excellent."

Posted on: 2016/8/4 4:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Sos,. Do you have any proof of what you are saying or are you stating opinion as fact as so many here do.

If he really wants to win he has a funny way of accomplishing it, but there's still lots of time. Based on this interview he's in it until the end. Interesting reading - full transcript of the interview.

The Fix
Donald Trump?s Washington Post interview should make Republicans panic.
By Chris Cillizza August 3 at 9:34 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/th ... -know-about/?tid=pm_pop_b

Posted on: 2016/8/4 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Donald the Dunce is not only stupid but he is DANGEROUS!

Donald Trump allegedly very interested in the U.S. nukes arsenal
New York Daily News - ?5 hours ago?
Donald Trump allegedly asked a national security expert three times why the U.S. can't use its nuclear arsenal during a briefing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/polit ... arsenal-article-1.2736957

Posted on: 2016/8/3 22:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am not sure you can claim to be a defender of the middle class while raising taxes on the middle class?

And Warren Buffet and the audience applauded for more taxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdydYwcUsB0

Posted on: 2016/8/3 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

And who are the "impartial" members? Remember, one year ago it was only Hillary and everybody else. Of course nobody could have imagined her crashing and being such a terrible candidate in a close race with any republican at this point in time.

Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I disagree. I believe the schedule will hurt him and the debates should be rescheduled at agreed upon times by all canidates. I would not be surprised if it was intentional did you not witness the antics of the DNC? If Trump then finds a reason to back out I would have to agree with you.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/dates ... -serve-public-commission/

These dates were picked a year ago by nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates way before either candidate became a nominee.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 21:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
I disagree. I believe the schedule will hurt him and the debates should be rescheduled at agreed upon times by all canidates. I would not be surprised if it was intentional did you not witness the antics of the DNC? If Trump then finds a reason to back out I would have to agree with you.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/dates ... -serve-public-commission/

These dates were picked a year ago by nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates way before either candidate became a nominee.

Posted on: 2016/8/3 20:30

« 1 ... 17 18 19 (20) 21 22 23 ... 27 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017