Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
45 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 43

caj11, Sutherland, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 3 4 ... 20 »


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
3/10 4:35
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 831
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote: oh no, surely, you are mistaken, no? mr. trump was mislead by the pathological misdeeds of mrs. clinton and her minions.


From the Washington Post - also mentions NJ - and the basis of this thread -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/th ... 30-top%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Trump admits there’s no Iran cash video. But this fits a pattern — one involving Muslims.
By Aaron Blake
August 5 at 7:31 AM

Posted on: 2016/8/5 17:15
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 12:33
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3629
Offline
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Trump is either a pathological liar or mentally challenged. Either way, not good qualities for US President...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politic ... an-video-claim/index.html

Trump backs off false Iran video claim
Eric Bradner
By Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 8:07 AM ET, Fri August 5, 2016

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump backed off a false claim Friday morning, admitting he had not seen a video of a $400 million payment being unloaded from a US plane in Iran.

The Republican nominee had claimed at rallies twice this week that such a video existed, saying in Maine on Thursday that it was provided by Iranians "to embarrass our president because we have a president who's incompetent."
What Trump had actually seen in news reports was video of three American prisoners who Iran had released arriving in Geneva, Switzerland.
Trump admitted his error in an early-morning tweet Friday, without actually saying he was wrong.
"The plane I saw on television was the hostage plane in Geneva, Switzerland, not the plane carrying $400 million in cash going to Iran!" he tweeted...

"I have no idea what he's talking about. It (the video) doesn't exist. He might be thinking about Iran Contra from like 35 years ago or something like this," Kaine said.
He pointed to Trump's recent criticism of Kaine, who Trump said in a late-July news conference "did a terrible job in New Jersey" -- despite Kaine being a governor and senator from Virginia, not New Jersey. Kaine said Trump must have confused him with Tom Kean, who was New Jersey's governor until 1990.
"He was confusing it with a situation from two or three decades ago. Maybe that's what he's doing with this bogus video claim," Kaine said.
Asked if he thinks Trump is confused, Kaine said: "I absolutely think he's confused."...
oh no, surely, you are mistaken, no? mr. trump was mislead by the pathological misdeeds of mrs. clinton and her minions.

Posted on: 2016/8/5 14:16
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
3/10 4:35
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 831
Offline
Trump is either a pathological liar or mentally challenged. Either way, not good qualities for US President...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/05/politic ... an-video-claim/index.html

Trump backs off false Iran video claim
Eric Bradner
By Eric Bradner, CNN
Updated 8:07 AM ET, Fri August 5, 2016

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump backed off a false claim Friday morning, admitting he had not seen a video of a $400 million payment being unloaded from a US plane in Iran.

The Republican nominee had claimed at rallies twice this week that such a video existed, saying in Maine on Thursday that it was provided by Iranians "to embarrass our president because we have a president who's incompetent."
What Trump had actually seen in news reports was video of three American prisoners who Iran had released arriving in Geneva, Switzerland.
Trump admitted his error in an early-morning tweet Friday, without actually saying he was wrong.
"The plane I saw on television was the hostage plane in Geneva, Switzerland, not the plane carrying $400 million in cash going to Iran!" he tweeted...

"I have no idea what he's talking about. It (the video) doesn't exist. He might be thinking about Iran Contra from like 35 years ago or something like this," Kaine said.
He pointed to Trump's recent criticism of Kaine, who Trump said in a late-July news conference "did a terrible job in New Jersey" -- despite Kaine being a governor and senator from Virginia, not New Jersey. Kaine said Trump must have confused him with Tom Kean, who was New Jersey's governor until 1990.
"He was confusing it with a situation from two or three decades ago. Maybe that's what he's doing with this bogus video claim," Kaine said.
Asked if he thinks Trump is confused, Kaine said: "I absolutely think he's confused."...

Posted on: 2016/8/5 12:33

Edited by SOS on 2016/8/5 12:56:44
Edited by SOS on 2016/8/5 13:03:19
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right


There's no doubt about that

Posted on: 2015/12/22 20:12
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4123
Offline
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this right ... Do politicians running for public office, be that Mayor, Governor or even a presidential candidate are given a monetary sum for every vote they receive ?

If so, Trump will only budget a projected sum for a good return from ignorant and the like minded portion of society he is preaching to. I'm also betting there is a tax loop-hole gain to be had also. I don't believe for a second he thinks he can win, however any kick-backs (financial) he gets during his campaign will still be well worth the verbal crap he spews out to capture more votes from the dumb-asses out there.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 19:57
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/8 15:16
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 86
Offline
Speaking of terrorism, Trump, through his blatant and repeated lies, including his claims about Jersey City, is encouraging bigotry and violence. No wonder the white supremacists and neo-Nazis love him.

Donald Trump supporter arrested with bomb in California after threatening Muslims

‘Passionate’ Trump fans behind homeless man’s beating?

White supremacist groups see Trump bump

Donald Trump event turns into KKK rally as he encourages white attendees to assault black protester

And on and on.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 18:36
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
Today 13:17
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4409
Offline
I think Hillary schlonged herself with her lie about Trump.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyo ... -trumpisis-claim-n2095882

Posted on: 2015/12/22 17:33
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/9/18 3:58
Last Login :
3/10 4:35
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 831
Offline
Anyone that thinks Trump isn't lying is either deluded or demented. Maybe both. Trump is nothing more than entertainment for some. Pretty disgusting...

From CNN today:
Donald Trump: Hillary Clinton 'got schlonged' in 2008
By Jeremy Diamond, CNN
Updated 10:02 AM ET, Tue December 22, 2015

Grand Rapids, Michigan (CNN)Donald Trump attacked Hillary Clinton in vulgar terms Monday night, saying that her bathroom break during the last Democratic debate was just too "disgusting" to talk about and then stating she "got schlonged" by Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential race.

"Even a race to Obama, she was gonna beat Obama. I don't know who would be worse, I don't know, how could it be worse? But she was going to beat -- she was favored to win -- and she got schlonged, she lost, I mean she lost," Trump said, using a vulgar Yiddish word for a man's penis.

Earlier, Trump started to criticize Clinton for not returning to the ABC News debate stage on Saturday night in time, but then said he didn't want to talk more about it because it was "disgusting."

"I know where she went, it's disgusting, I don't want to talk about it," Trump said. "No, it's too disgusting. Don't say it, it's disgusting, let's not talk, we want to be very, very straight up."

Fired up by a raucous crowd, Trump unleashed on a slew of political opponents -- starting with Sen. Lindsey Graham, who dropped his presidential bid earlier on Monday, and finishing with Obama.

Throughout it all, Trump's supporters roared in approval. But groups of protesters throughout the arena interrupted Trump throughout his hour-long speech.

More than a dozen times, protesters began shouting during Trump's speech, which was one of the most interrupted since he jumped into the presidential race in June. The protesters largely accused Trump of spewing a racist and bigoted ideology.

Trump even mocked some of the protesters, noting that one had a "weak voice" and calling several others "a bunch of losers."

But Trump focused the brunt of his fire on Clinton, the front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination, who just days earlier in the Democratic debate called Trump an ISIS recruitment tool.

On Tuesday, the Clinton campaign's director of communications Jennifer Palmieri tweeted, "We are not responding to Trump but everyone who understands the humiliation this degrading language inflicts on all women should. #imwithher."

Trump on Monday morning demanded an apology from Clinton for making the allegation, to which the Clinton camp responded with a swift, "Hell no."

Engaging Clinton again on Monday night, Trump described Clinton's late return to the Democratic debate stage on Saturday night because of a bathroom break as "a weird deal."

"I know where she went. It's disgusting. I don't want to talk about it, it's disgusting," Trump said, after bringing up the incident unprompted 20 minutes into his speech.

Trump went on to call Clinton a "liar" and "crooked," insisting that Clinton would not want to face Trump in the general election despite reporting that the Clinton camp is licking their lips at the prospect of Trump as an opponent.

"Ask Jeb Bush if he enjoys running against me. Ask Lindsey Graham, did he enjoy running against Trump? Ask Perry, ask Gov. Perry. Ask Bobby Jindal," Trump said. "Ask all of these guys that have gone out, do they enjoy running against Trump? I enjoy it. They don't enjoy it."

Trump also could not resist hitting one of his favorite opponents on Monday night: the press.

In a strange segue in which he defended Russian President Vladimir Putin from widely reported allegations that he has ordered the killing of journalists, Trump went on to consider whether he himself would consider killing reporters, whom he then blasted as "lying disgusting people."

"I would never kill them. I would never do that," Trump said at first, before reconsidering.

"Uh, let's see, uh?" Trump said inflecting his voice. "No, I would never do that."

Posted on: 2015/12/22 15:49
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
4/5 18:29
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1906
Offline
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
So the police reports said that ..... Oh, no police reports were filed ... because the cops must not have considered it important to report such a thing ..... immediately after 9/11. Sure, I believe that one.

And now a retired police captain comes forward 14 years later and 'splains it all to us. Sure. Gotta be true.

Still nowhere close to the "thousands and thousands" that Trump claimed he personally saw, but then Trump supporters don't care about annoying things like facts.
Guess everyone just glossed over my post that confirmed what the police are saying in this article before it was even put out. I heard it on the live JC Police scanner on NJ.Com during 9-11. The police aren't making this up the calls were real. What I am curious about is are police transmitions recorded and if so are the recordings still around?

Another thing I would like to point out that I am actually surprised no one mentioned is the news reports that I believe to be what Trump based his statement on. At least two news stations brought up clebrating in the Middle East, Paterson and JC. The way they did the report first mentioning the celebrating in the Middle East then mentioning JC and Paterson but as they mentioned NJ they showed a video clip of Muslims in the Middle East celebrating, dancing and burning the American flag. The way they presented this report at first gave off the impression the video clip was in NJ. It wasn't until I watched it a few times I figured out the clip wasn't NJ.

So my take is Trump actually believed the deceiving reports were real and then exaggerated them. Because it wasn't thousands in that video but more like a crowd of a hundred give or take. That is why his supporters believe him because they most likely saw those same news reports and didn't figure out where the footage actually took place. Fulop though is just straight lying because it would be easy for him to find out through the police if any such reports were ever recieved.

I have a feeling many of you remember those news reports I am describing and just do not want to bring them up for different reasons on either side of this debate.

I have never discounted the calls and trust that there were people legitimately concerned. My issue is with the validity of their concern.

I’ve heard kids screaming outside that sounded like a horror film. When I go outside, I see they are playing.

After the second plane hit, our region stood still. Everyone paused. Everyone left work. Everyone went home. Everyone gathered up with nearby loved ones. Everyone got on the phone.

Working inside the World Trade Center were people of all race and religion. Hearing some Muslims possibly celebrating and then praying could be taken as them celebrating the towers coming down when in reality those people could be celebrating new knowledge of a loved one being alive and well. Given our proximity to the towers and how many of us work in The City, I find this highly plausible and even rather probable.

There is also a matter of people getting down to pray for lives lost and to pray over the tragedy instead being taken as praying in favor of the tragedy simply due to the prayer being in Arabic.

Ultimately, there is no actual evidence of people celebrating the deaths of Americans. We have a retired officer stating that 14 years ago he cleared up a celebration, all by himself, with no other witnesses and no follow-up reports at the police station. We’re talking about how our nation was just attacked and you see people cheering on death. As a policeman, you don’t bring in some of those people for questioning? You don’t record the names, addresses, phone numbers, driver’s license numbers for return visits by yourself and federal agents? Either he was the ineptest police captain or it didn’t actually happen.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 14:44
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/9/14 18:57
Last Login :
5/7 13:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1010
Offline
Apparently if you're Muslim you're not protected by the 1st Amendment

Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I'm sure SOME people cheered when JFK was assassinated as I'm sure SOME people cheered when we got out of Vietnam, I'm sure SOME people cheered when Martin Luther King was assassinated and I'm just as sure SOME people cheered when Jesus Christ was crucified !




You got that right, I read just yesterday in a article about the 150th anniversary of the 13th amendment that all of New Jersey cheered when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and the majority did not want slavery to end. It was the only northern state that felt this way, because of their business relationships with the south.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 12:52
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/1/11 18:21
Last Login :
5/14 16:01
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4961
Offline
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I'm sure SOME people cheered when JFK was assassinated as I'm sure SOME people cheered when we got out of Vietnam, I'm sure SOME people cheered when Martin Luther King was assassinated and I'm just as sure SOME people cheered when Jesus Christ was crucified !




You got that right, I read just yesterday in a article about the 150th anniversary of the 13th amendment that all of New Jersey cheered when Abraham Lincoln was assassinated and the majority did not want slavery to end. It was the only northern state that felt this way, because of their business relationships with the south.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 12:12
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
2018/3/5 19:18
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4123
Offline
I'm sure SOME people cheered when JFK was assassinated as I'm sure SOME people cheered when we got out of Vietnam, I'm sure SOME people cheered when Martin Luther King was assassinated and I'm just as sure SOME people cheered when Jesus Christ was crucified !

TRUMP is still a fear mongering knucklehead with an elitist, racist and discriminatory mind-set. His next wife should be Ms Palin - They'd make great book-ends!


Posted on: 2015/12/22 8:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/8 20:49
Last Login :
3/8 21:23
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 829
Offline
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
So the police reports said that ..... Oh, no police reports were filed ... because the cops must not have considered it important to report such a thing ..... immediately after 9/11. Sure, I believe that one.

And now a retired police captain comes forward 14 years later and 'splains it all to us. Sure. Gotta be true.

Still nowhere close to the "thousands and thousands" that Trump claimed he personally saw, but then Trump supporters don't care about annoying things like facts.
Guess everyone just glossed over my post that confirmed what the police are saying in this article before it was even put out. I heard it on the live JC Police scanner on NJ.Com during 9-11. The police aren't making this up the calls were real. What I am curious about is are police transmitions recorded and if so are the recordings still around?

Another thing I would like to point out that I am actually surprised no one mentioned is the news reports that I believe to be what Trump based his statement on. At least two news stations brought up clebrating in the Middle East, Paterson and JC. The way they did the report first mentioning the celebrating in the Middle East then mentioning JC and Paterson but as they mentioned NJ they showed a video clip of Muslims in the Middle East celebrating, dancing and burning the American flag. The way they presented this report at first gave off the impression the video clip was in NJ. It wasn't until I watched it a few times I figured out the clip wasn't NJ.

So my take is Trump actually believed the deceiving reports were real and then exaggerated them. Because it wasn't thousands in that video but more like a crowd of a hundred give or take. That is why his supporters believe him because they most likely saw those same news reports and didn't figure out where the footage actually took place. Fulop though is just straight lying because it would be easy for him to find out through the police if any such reports were ever recieved.

I have a feeling many of you remember those news reports I am describing and just do not want to bring them up for different reasons on either side of this debate.

Posted on: 2015/12/22 6:18
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
People wondering why Trump is leading in the polls should watch yesterday's interview where he destroyed George Stephanopoulos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDSJCdfX8k&feature=youtu.be

Posted on: 2015/12/22 1:15
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/8 15:16
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 86
Offline
So the police reports said that ..... Oh, no police reports were filed ... because the cops must not have considered it important to report such a thing ..... immediately after 9/11. Sure, I believe that one.

And now a retired police captain comes forward 14 years later and 'splains it all to us. Sure. Gotta be true.

Still nowhere close to the "thousands and thousands" that Trump claimed he personally saw, but then Trump supporters don't care about annoying things like facts.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:42
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
Today 13:17
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4409
Offline
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The takeaway from nj.com is that Trump exaggerated about the Muslim celebrations, and that Fulop lied about them.


Bullshit. There was no exaggeration. Trump lied and keeps lying. If you are incapable of distinguishing between a claim of the comb-over personally witnessing "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating and anecdotal accounts of a handful of celebrants, there isn't much hope for you.


Go argue with the far left leaning Star Ledger/nj.com. It happened, which Fulop denies, but not to the extent that Trump says.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:41
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

RickSp wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The takeaway from nj.com is that Trump exaggerated about the Muslim celebrations, and that Fulop lied about them.


comb-over


I see what you did there.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:33
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/7/29 1:51
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 385
Offline

NJ police captain says some Muslims did celebrate on 9/11


Some Muslims in New Jersey did celebrate the 9/11 terror attacks during rooftop and street parties until they were broken up by the cops, a new report said Monday.

There were at least two celebrations and likely more, with men shouting “Allahu Akbar” and women chanting in Arabic, NJ.com reported.

ADVERTISING

“Some men were dancing, some held kids on their shoulders,” said retired Jersey City police Capt. Peter Gallagher, who responded to the scene after numerous 911 calls from outraged residents.

“The women were shouting in Arabic and keening in the high-pitched wail of Arabic fashion. They were told to go back to their apartments since a crowd of non-Muslims was gathering on the sidewalk below and we feared for their safety.”

Gallagher said he cleared a rooftop celebration of up to 30 people at 6 Tonnele Ave., a four-story apartment building with a view of Lower Manhattan, after the second tower fell.

Another witness said he saw a celebration on John F. Kennedy Boulevard, a main thoroughfare in the city.

“When I saw they were happy, I was pissed,” said Ron Knight, 56, who also heard cheers of “Allahu Akbar” — “God is great” — from a crowd of about 20 people that morning.

Residents also placed numerous 911 calls complaining about Muslims partying on a rooftop at a third location, three cops told the website.

Donald Trump created a storm of controversy when he said that “thousands and thousands” of Muslims celebrated the attacks on the Twin Towers

But NJ.com said Gallagher — described by former colleagues as a respected professional — and other witnesses confirmed the celebrations, if not their size.

And the FBI took several residents of the building where Gallagher was into custody in the following days, according to neighbors and a story at the time in The Star-Ledger, though it was unclear if they were ever charged with a crime.

Carlos Ferran, 60, a neighbor of Knight, was on his way to buy some beer when he saw the gathering on the sidewalk.

“Some of them had their hands in the air,” Ferran said. “They were happy.”

Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, one of many politicians who blasted Trump after the remarks, still denied that celebrations took place despite the eyewitness accounts.

“There are no records of this, and over time, what has happened is that it has become urban legend in many cities where people say they heard or saw something,” Fulop told the website.


http://nypost.com/2015/12/21/nj-polic ... ims-did-celebrate-on-911/

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:23
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/8 15:16
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 86
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The takeaway from nj.com is that Trump exaggerated about the Muslim celebrations, and that Fulop lied about them.


Bullshit. There was no exaggeration. Trump lied and keeps lying. If you are incapable of distinguishing between a claim of the comb-over personally witnessing "thousands and thousands" of people celebrating and anecdotal accounts of a handful of celebrants, there isn't much hope for you.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 22:21
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/5/15 14:11
Last Login :
Today 13:17
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4409
Offline
The takeaway from nj.com is that Trump exaggerated about the Muslim celebrations, and that Fulop lied about them.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 21:37
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/10/11 4:24
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 183
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
First hands account are evidence, if you chose not to believe them that is your prerogative.

No. It is not.

You must also believe that aliens constantly abduct people for anal probing...


Yikes you used all three terms incorrectly, give it up man that is getting pathetic.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 21:02
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
4/5 18:29
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1906
Offline
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
First hands account are evidence, if you chose not to believe them that is your prerogative.

No. It is not.

You must also believe that aliens constantly abduct people for anal probing...

Posted on: 2015/12/21 21:01
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/2/20 18:20
Last Login :
Today 4:10
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2561
Offline

Trump's story on 9/11 Jersey City celebrations is finally put to rest | Editorial

By Star-Ledger Editorial Board
December 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM

The Star-Ledger's story Monday offering credible evidence that some Muslims in Jersey City celebrated after September 11 will no doubt be used by Donald Trump and his supporters to justify the ugly lies he has been telling.

So let's start there: This was the most thorough examination of his claims yet, and it proves beyond doubt that Trump was way off base when he claimed that he saw "thousands and thousands" of Muslims joining celebrations.

Remember: The reason Trump's comments are so offensive is that he is suggesting sympathy for terrorism is broadly shared among Muslims in America when in fact it is a fringe sentiment. It is the moral equivalent of smearing all white Americans for the actions of violent white supremacists.

In a survey conducted by Pew Research Service 10 years after the September 11 attacks, 5 percent of American Muslims expressed support for Al Qaeda. And yes, Jersey City was the home base of Omar Abdel-Rahman, known as "The Blind Sheikh," who is serving a life sentence in federal prison for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombings.

How a political controversy was born A timeline of events following Donald Trump’s claim of people celebrating in Jersey City on 9/11.

Given that, it is not surprising that a dogged investigation by Mark Mueller of New Jersey Advance Media turned up credible evidence of two small celebrations in Jersey City, along with testimony about calls to police over a third one.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ns_is_finally_put_to.html


Posted on: 2015/12/21 18:27
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/9/5 2:25
Last Login :
4/3 15:49
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 314
Offline
Guess what? She wasn't the only one who was lying in the debates. They all lie, and if you actually grade how often they do, you, who I am guessing is a Republican, should not be so quick to point out Hillary's lie.

Perhaps if we are in a thread about Hillary Clinton, you would actually have a point but all you are doing right now is deflecting, brushing off Trump's obvious lie, not exaggeration, about Jersey City. The only way I can explain his though process on this is that he somehow mistook Jersey City for a middle eastern country. Take that however you will.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 18:18
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/11/10 20:38
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Politifact, which itself is a very liberal source, says that Hillary Clinton was 100% lying when she claimed that ISIS is using videos of Trump as a recruiting tool.

Not an exaggeration with truth behind it, like Trump's comments. A flat out 100% lie.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-met ... tons-claim-isis-using-vi/

Yet somehow I doubt the looney "progressives" here will care in the slightest.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 18:10
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2010/9/5 2:25
Last Login :
4/3 15:49
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 314
Offline
I think this is getting a tad ridiculous, and that is a really conservative assessment of a thread about one of Trump's verbal diarrhea.

I think it is fair to give our fellow JCers the benefit of the doubt when they say they saw some celebrations even if they cannot prove it. What bothers me is when a supposed Presidential candidate says something like this: "... I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering."

Can anyone really defend such an inane statement? Nobody here can ever make this claim and we live here! So relax, nobody should be calling anyone a liar here. It should be rather obvious to anyone here who that really is. This is just another example of Trump talking crap about Muslims for his own benefit and singling out our city for what? His own amusement? Enough of that shit.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 17:50
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/10/11 4:24
Last Login :
2017/8/9 1:00
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 183
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quoting directly from the article...
Quote:

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

So basically, Trump lied and his statements are invalid, which was well proven.


Not at all. The NJ Advance Media inquiry shows exactly the opposite. It shows there was in fact a considerable "base" for Trump's statements. What was baseless was Fulop's (and everyone else's contention) that NOBODY in Jersey City celebrated.


You can't prove a negative. You should be able to prove a positive if you're going to make a claim.

No video records, official police reports, office news reports on this you say? Oh, ok.



Would have been good if you read the article. Police had other shit going on that day, it was 911 after all. No crime was committed so why would there be a police report?


You can't file police reports days/weeks after the event?



For what? Celebrations are protected under the first amendment.

I'm asking for evidence. There is none.

All we have right now is a guy claiming to have seen so many people gathering and screaming allahu akbar that he couldn't walk down the sidewalk and a retired police officer claiming that he chased a celebration away.

Where was this retired policeman's partner? Why can't that man corroborate this story? Was this officer up there alone? That makes no sense!

Where is the evidence that there were so many people on the street yelling?

I know for a fact that my father walked that route every day to work. I can guarantee he would have had something to say about people celebrating.


First hands account are evidence, if you chose not to believe them that is your prerogative.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 17:34
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2013/3/29 21:43
Last Login :
4/5 18:29
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1906
Offline
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quoting directly from the article...
Quote:

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

So basically, Trump lied and his statements are invalid, which was well proven.


Not at all. The NJ Advance Media inquiry shows exactly the opposite. It shows there was in fact a considerable "base" for Trump's statements. What was baseless was Fulop's (and everyone else's contention) that NOBODY in Jersey City celebrated.


You can't prove a negative. You should be able to prove a positive if you're going to make a claim.

No video records, official police reports, office news reports on this you say? Oh, ok.



Would have been good if you read the article. Police had other shit going on that day, it was 911 after all. No crime was committed so why would there be a police report?


You can't file police reports days/weeks after the event?



For what? Celebrations are protected under the first amendment.

I'm asking for evidence. There is none.

All we have right now is a guy claiming to have seen so many people gathering and screaming allahu akbar that he couldn't walk down the sidewalk and a retired police officer claiming that he chased a celebration away.

Where was this retired policeman's partner? Why can't that man corroborate this story? Was this officer up there alone? That makes no sense!

Where is the evidence that there were so many people on the street yelling?

I know for a fact that my father walked that route every day to work. I can guarantee he would have had something to say about people celebrating.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 17:23
Dos A Cero
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/6/17 2:16
Last Login :
Today 12:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4793
Offline
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

PremiumContent wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quoting directly from the article...
Quote:

The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless.

So basically, Trump lied and his statements are invalid, which was well proven.


Not at all. The NJ Advance Media inquiry shows exactly the opposite. It shows there was in fact a considerable "base" for Trump's statements. What was baseless was Fulop's (and everyone else's contention) that NOBODY in Jersey City celebrated.


You can't prove a negative. You should be able to prove a positive if you're going to make a claim.

No video records, official police reports, office news reports on this you say? Oh, ok.



Would have been good if you read the article. Police had other shit going on that day, it was 911 after all. No crime was committed so why would there be a police report?


You can't file police reports days/weeks after the event?



For what? Celebrations are protected under the first amendment.


Several police officers who were aware of the celebrations told me the same thing. You cannot arrest someone for celebrating a tragedy. The cops knew what was going on, now a retired officer spoke up just to set the record straight. Unfortunately, due to Trump's personality the truth is not believed. I am glad some people have the courage to speak up.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 17:21
Top


Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/8 15:16
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 86
Offline
Politifact 2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

Quote:
In considering our annual Lie of the Year, we found our only real contenders were Trump’s -- his various statements also led our Readers’ Poll. But it was hard to single one out from the others. So we have rolled them into one big trophy.

To the candidate who says he’s all about winning, PolitiFact designates the many campaign misstatements of Donald Trump as our 2015 Lie of the Year.

When it comes to inaccurate statements, the Donald was on fire:

"I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down," he said at a Nov. 21 rally in Birmingham, Ala. "And I watched in Jersey City, N.J., where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down. Thousands of people were cheering." Pants on Fire. There is no video of thousands of people in Jersey City cheering. Weeks later, Trump continues to stand by his claim but has not been able to point to evidence to back it up. Public safety officials on the ground in New Jersey say it never happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/21 16:56
Top




(1) 2 3 4 ... 20 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017