Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 139

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The App You've Never Heard of That's Making Your City Better - SEECLICKFIX
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/2 11:06
From Scenic McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I have had mixed experience with using the app and the response from the city. I have had good luck with potholes getting filled, tree trimming, and trash clogging sewers. Anything else seems to get closed pretty quick. Hopefully the data from reports is being collected so city resources can be allocated to the areas that need it.

Posted on: 2017/9/8 15:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/6 18:47
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
That is better said, thank you @mastablasta. I'm sure this app has the potential to improve resident communication to their city officials. And in reality my experience with this app in Jersey City has sometimes shown results just mostly after months and months of what I am sure are perceived as nagging follow up notices. I should have pointed my comments at the lack of RRC follow up on this app.

Posted on: 2017/9/8 12:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/13 5:18
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't say the app is useless, but the people for the City of Jersey City pretty much are useless. Maybe other cities that use this app are more responsive.

I've submitted a couple of issues and the issues are quickly closed and nothing is done about it. When you reopen the issue and ask why it was closed, I've gotten nothing but attitude from the Jersey City employees.

The app is a good idea in theory, but with the clowns at the other end makes the app useless.

Posted on: 2017/9/6 2:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Listentu wrote:
not a real fan of this site. the follow up is incredible for any results. bike complaint (abandoned bikes at Grove PATH) took 6 months to resolve with constant oversight and follow up. parking complaint (fire hydrant blocked -NEVER resolved after 10 months) gave up. trash and standing water complaint with mosquitoes (still the same) I agree. RRC are bots that reply and then close tickets. With no follow up. I might as well call the city DPW and be on the line for 40 minutes and speak with an anon person to have nothing done.

Exactly why this system was implemented, automate it and leave absolutely no-one accountable for the issues/complaints submitted.

Posted on: 2017/9/6 0:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/6 18:47
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
not a real fan of this site. the follow up is incredible for any results. bike complaint (abandoned bikes at Grove PATH) took 6 months to resolve with constant oversight and follow up. parking complaint (fire hydrant blocked -NEVER resolved after 10 months) gave up. trash and standing water complaint with mosquitoes (still the same) I agree. RRC are bots that reply and then close tickets. With no follow up. I might as well call the city DPW and be on the line for 40 minutes and speak with an anon person to have nothing done.

Posted on: 2017/9/5 22:40

Re: SeeClickFix.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
The point is that the RRC is not following through on complaints that get submitted in this system. I've had to chase them on numerous complaints filed, not just broken sidewalks. Its not good.

Chase your councilor. Recommend improvements. As rescuelife points out - its a hell of a lot better than what we had.

Been at that for years. I also go to the dept heads directly now for issues and chase them because the RRC won't even do that.

Posted on: 2016/8/9 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OneSkirt wrote:
The point is that the RRC is not following through on complaints that get submitted in this system. I've had to chase them on numerous complaints filed, not just broken sidewalks. Its not good.

Chase your councilor. Recommend improvements. As rescuelife points out - its a hell of a lot better than what we had.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 23:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
I filed a ticket through the app last week for a small sinkhole forming by Dickinson and it was repaired within a few days. The response time is obviously not perfect but I prefer this to what we had before (nothing).

Posted on: 2016/8/4 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Nice way for Jersey City to automate any city issues called in to a bullshit website that seems to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but have a BOT make a reply to your concerns.

Awww Yessss Nice One, Nice 1

I have used this a couple of times and it worked just fine.
Have you even tried to use this or are you just trying to troll or insult people like 95% of your posts?

Another member's comment, I'm not the only one dealing with the stupidity of the system.

It only works in terms of collecting complaints. But the RRC still does little to nothing to see that those complaints are resolved all the way through. You still have to chase them to make sure your complaints are investigated and resolved. Its maddening .I've had a broken sidewalk reports outstanding for TWO YEARS. RRC doesn't keep track if anything has been done or not. Totally useless to collect this stuff if there's no follow through to completion.

I don't think the City is on the hook for sidewalk repairs - ultimately that's the property owner's responsibility. They may be able to issue fines. But it's a lower priority than say, fixing potholes. The City actions requests fairly quickly where they can be held liable for damages. Following up the RRC report with a copy to your local councilor tends to get things actioned quicker.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Nice way for Jersey City to automate any city issues called in to a bullshit website that seems to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but have a BOT make a reply to your concerns.

Have you even tried to use this or are you just trying to troll or insult people like 95% of your posts?

Another member's comment, I'm not the only one dealing with the stupidity of the system.

It only works in terms of collecting complaints. But the RRC still does little to nothing to see that those complaints are resolved all the way through. You still have to chase them to make sure your complaints are investigated and resolved. Its maddening .I've had a broken sidewalk reports outstanding for TWO YEARS. RRC doesn't keep track if anything has been done or not. Totally useless to collect this stuff if there's no follow through to completion.

I don't think the City is on the hook for sidewalk repairs - ultimately that's the property owner's responsibility. They may be able to issue fines. But it's a lower priority than say, fixing potholes. The City actions requests fairly quickly where they can be held liable for damages. Following up the RRC report with a copy to your local councilor tends to get things actioned quicker.

Posted on: 2016/8/4 10:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

psyop wrote:
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/4 0:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:

Posted on: 2016/8/4 0:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Should press the City to publish monthly stats online then. A simple report by issue category showing:
- new issues
- resolved issues
- open issues by age ( < 1 month, < 3 months, 3+ months)

Might help track the response in RRC.

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/2 18:04

SeeClickFix.com
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/8/2 17:08

The App You've Never Heard of That's Making Your City Better - SEECLICKFIX
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

The App You've Never Heard of That's Making Your City Better

In the 80s and 90s, the 911 system in the US became overloaded with people calling to report things like wayward couches and double-parked cars—not emergencies, yet situations where city officials could help. In 1996, Baltimore successfully tested a system that diverted these requests to a separate number. In 1997, the FCC reserved “311” as a dedicated non-emergency number for US residents nationwide.

At first the plan worked: City agencies began fielding requests independently, and 911 was no longer flooded with noise complaints and graffiti reports. Many large US cities launched their own 311 call centers, and some even turned these requests into an opportunity to collect information that helped to launch preventative efforts.

But this became the big problem with many 311 services: The programs exist, but historically, cities have been disproportionately responsive to these requests, largely because the technology has not kept up with the volume.

A recent audit of LA’s 311 service center showed that about a million calls were placed to the 311 hotline during the 2013-2014 fiscal year, but only about 670,000 actual requests were made. Callers waited an average of 3 minutes and 45 seconds to speak to someone—a full third of the calls were abandoned before anyone answered. Even an answered call did not guarantee a response: four out of ten answered calls were simply transferred to different departments.

Worst of all, the service didn’t track requests. No historical data existed to show which neighborhoods were seeing the same requests over and over—or if anyone was doing anything about it.

This lack of public accountability for 311 programs is what inspired Ben Berkowitz to launch SeeClickFix, a service request app that can be customized or used as-is by any city.

SeeClickFix turns a walk around the block into a mobile scavenger hunt. You can photograph and geotag a service request on the spot, choosing from dozens of customized categories ranging from the mundane (“dead tree in street”) to the horrific (“dead animal pickup”).

READ MORE:  http://gizmodo.com/the-app-youve-neve ... -your-city-bet-1771032333

Posted on: 2016/7/15 4:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017