Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 31 »

Re: Democratic Convention
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.

It's not. I already explained his immigration proposal to you. It's to ban all immigration from countries with a proven history of terrorism. BTW, I'm still waiting for you to point to a section of the Constitution that prohibits this.

And your "point" has already been asked and answered. I'll copy and paste, since you don't seem to be processing what I'm saying:

And I fault the DNC and the family for exploiting their son's death for political purposes. Especially because they presented a highly misleading version of reality. You know, that pesky thing that keeps getting in the way of your emotional arguments.

He said Muslims? did he change is tune again because I can't keep up. If this is really his argument it should ban all immigration from Ireland, England, France, Germany, Israel, etc. Does he have a list?

I just can't connect with you at all on his comments about Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan's family. Their son died in combat fighting for our country. For Trump to attack the family is shameful, but he has a history of disrespecting Americans who serve their country. They were not forced to go on stage. They wanted to make their voice heard and they have that right. They had courage, their son had courage. Trump does not.

Trump doesn't need to run for President either. By your standard, he has "courage" every time he takes the stage.

If Trump attacked some innocent family that was sitting around minding their own business, I'd agree with you. But that's not what happened. We have a Muslim family that exploited their son's death for political purposes. Far from "courage," I find it distasteful. But either way, when you directly attack a political candidate in public, you yourself are fair game.

Fair game for you perhaps, but not for someone who is aiming to be the next Commander and Chief.

Oh wait, don't tell me you've "disqualified" him as a result of his comments. I've lost count at the number of times this has happened.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
I think Trump's exclusion of immigration based on religion is a First Amendment fight in the making.

But back to the point... you think it is great that Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country.

It's not. I already explained his immigration proposal to you. It's to ban all immigration from countries with a proven history of terrorism. BTW, I'm still waiting for you to point to a section of the Constitution that prohibits this.

And your "point" has already been asked and answered. I'll copy and paste, since you don't seem to be processing what I'm saying:

And I fault the DNC and the family for exploiting their son's death for political purposes. Especially because they presented a highly misleading version of reality. You know, that pesky thing that keeps getting in the way of your emotional arguments.

He said Muslims? did he change is tune again because I can't keep up. If this is really his argument it should ban all immigration from Ireland, England, France, Germany, Israel, etc. Does he have a list?

I just can't connect with you at all on his comments about Army Capt. Humayun S.M. Khan's family. Their son died in combat fighting for our country. For Trump to attack the family is shameful, but he has a history of disrespecting Americans who serve their country. They were not forced to go on stage. They wanted to make their voice heard and they have that right. They had courage, their son had courage. Trump does not.

Trump doesn't need to run for President either. By your standard, he has "courage" every time he takes the stage.

If Trump attacked some innocent family that was sitting around minding their own business, I'd agree with you. But that's not what happened. We have a Muslim family that exploited their son's death for political purposes. Far from "courage," I find it distasteful. But either way, when you directly attack a political candidate in public, you yourself are fair game.

Fair game for you perhaps, but not for someone who is aiming to be the next Commander and Chief.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
So, just to settle the birther crap, Hillary didn't ever say it and Trump doubled down again and again on it.

In both cases, repetition=/=truth

Hillary did her standard MO: it came from her camp, not her directly. She always gets her surrogates to do her dirty work.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
So, just to settle the birther crap, Hillary didn't ever say it and Trump doubled down again and again on it.

In both cases, repetition=/=truth

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

If Trump attacked some innocent family that was sitting around minding their own business, I'd agree with you. But that's not what happened. We have a Muslim family that exploited their son's death for political purposes. Far from "courage," I find it distasteful. But either way, when you directly attack a political candidate in public, ESPECIALLY on a national stage, you yourself are fair game.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

You're not answering his question by saying that you fault the DNC. He's asking what your opinion is of the fact that "Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country. "

I also faulted the family for exploiting their son's death for political purposes. Especially because the picture they tried to paint is starkly in contrast with reality. Once you do that, you are fair game.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

You're not answering his question by saying that you fault the DNC. He's asking what your opinion is of the fact that "Trump attacked a family who paid the ultimate price with a fallen son fighting for our country. "

Posted on: 2016/7/31 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
So we will be saving ourselves a whole lot of bloodshed by banning these people and won't be missing out on much good.

Unless throwing out sections of The Constitution isn't "missing out on much".

Please point to the section of the Constitution that says a President cannot establish a ban on immigration from countries with a proven history of terrorism. Remember, both Trump and I are talking about banning future immigration, not kicking out those who are already here.

Much like your emotional appeal about Muslims serving in the military, if you actually look for facts, you'll be embarrassed again. But I'll wait.

I said banning Muslims from military service and you said "he wouldn't have to ban that many". How would it be constitutional to ban one religion from volunteering from serving our country. Our immigration law allows US citizens to apply for family members to come to the country and achieve citizen status. How would it be constitutional to allow this for every other US family but not Muslim families.

I admit the there is a problem with radical Islam, but you can't favor one religion over another under our constitution.

So you posed a ridiculous hypothetical with no political implications? Because Trump never proposed what you are suggesting.

Why are you doing this again?

You know full well why I said "he wouldn't have to ban that many." It's because you were completely unaware of the facts (understandably so). You're welcome for the education about Muslims in military service. Think about it the next time you hear Khan speak.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
So we will be saving ourselves a whole lot of bloodshed by banning these people and won't be missing out on much good.

Please point to the section of the Constitution that says a President cannot establish a ban on immigration from countries with a proven history of terrorism. Remember, both Trump and I are talking about banning future immigration, not kicking out those who are already here.

Much like your emotional appeal about Muslims serving in the military, if you actually look for facts, you'll be embarrassed again. But I'll wait.

I said banning Muslims from military service and you said "he wouldn't have to ban that many". How would it be constitutional to ban one religion from volunteering from serving our country. Our immigration law allows US citizens to apply for family members to come to the country and achieve citizen status. How would it be constitutional to allow this for every other US family but not Muslim families.

I admit the there is a problem with radical Islam, but you can't favor one religion over another under our constitution.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
Well Trump and you didn't see this interview I guess.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wa ... er-their-son-735114819550

Trump doesn't care that this Muslim American served our country with bravery and paid the ultimate cost. When will Trump push for a ban of Muslims in the US armed forces?

He wouldn't have to ban that many.

Here are the facts, not liberal spin:

Muslims are 1% of our population but only .23% of our military. Even worse, only 29 Muslims have died for the U.S. in American history.

https://books.google.com/books?id=owZC ... 20american%20wars&f=false

Posted on: 2016/7/31 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well Trump and you didn't see this interview I guess.

http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/wa ... er-their-son-735114819550

Trump doesn't care that this Muslim American served our country with bravery and paid the ultimate cost. When will Trump push for a ban of Muslims in the US armed forces?

Posted on: 2016/7/31 1:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
SOS wrote: Fact Checker
Donald Trump?s ridiculous claim that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement......

Didn?t Hillary Clinton?s 2008 supporters start the birther movement? Her PUMA?s?
(look up PUMA ('Party Unity, My Ass') pretty funny)

By - The Washington Times - Thursday, August 28, 2008

Pennsylvania?s former deputy attorney general and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton supporter Philip J. Berg has filed a lawsuit in federal court in Pennsylvania accusing presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama of lying about his U.S. citizenship, which would make him ineligible to be president.

Mr. Berg is one of a faction of Clinton supporters who haven?t heeded the party?s call for unity, filing the suit just days before the opening of the Democratic National Convention, which will nominate Mr. Obama as the party?s presidential candidate.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia last week, also names the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission and says Mr. Obama?s mother went to Kenya late in her pregnancy and ended up giving birth there. It also claims that later in life, Mr. Obama declared himself a citizen of Indonesia.

The Obama campaign has firmly said the Illinois Democrat is a natural-born citizen. Last month, the campaign posted on Mr. Obama?s Web site a copy of his ?certification of live birth.? It says he was born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, two years after Hawaii was named the 50th state.

Mr. Berg said he was contacted about filing the lawsuit by a member or associate of the group PUMA, which was formed to support Mrs. Clinton shortly after she withdrew from the race. Its mission includes denouncing the Democratic Party and Mr. Obama?s nomination.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 1:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
The hero of the Republicans.

Trump, during an interview with ABC?s ?This Week,? said: "She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/ ... er-fallen-us-soldier.html

Unlike liberals, Trump knows all about Muslims and their barbaric, backwards culture.

Did you know that the Koran dictates the wife is the property of her husband? Not saying it's necessarily the case here, but it is the case in almost every country where Muslims are a majority; it's part of Sharia Law.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Khizr Khan, the father of fallen captain, Humayun Khan, will be on The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell at 10 PM on MSNBC.

Trump had a great response to this speech.

Trump on Muslim at DNC: I'd like to 'hear his wife say something'

"I'd liked to hear his wife say something," Trump said in an interview with New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd.

"Maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say, you tell me," he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tru ... something/article/2598221

Posted on: 2016/7/31 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.

Wait, what about the big convention bump?

Posted on: 2016/7/31 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Today for the first time Trump leads Clinton in 538's "Polls-only forecast" :

Hillary Clinton
49.9%
Donald Trump
50.1%
(July 30, 2016)

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

Trump supporters - savor the moment.

Posted on: 2016/7/31 0:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fact Checker
Donald Trump?s ridiculous claim that Hillary Clinton started the birther movement

?You know who started the birther movement? You know who started it? Do you know who questioned his birth certificate, one of the first? Hillary Clinton. She?s the one that started it. She brought it up years before it was brought up by me.?

? Donald Trump, interview with CNN?s Wolf Blitzer, May 4, 2016

Zombie claims are stubborn things. No matter how many times you debunk them, they keep rising from the dead ? even eight years later.

Trump was one of the most high-profile birthers during President Obama?s 2012 reelection campaign. Starting early last year, Trump and other Republicans blamed Clinton for starting the birther movement. Our friends at FactCheck.org thoroughly disproved this and found no link between Clinton and the birther rumors. When Trump repeated it months later, PolitiFact and our colleague David Weigel again debunked it.

Not one to be deterred by facts, Trump said it yet again May 4, 2016, the day he officially became the presumptive Republican nominee for president. So we decided it?s our turn to get to the bottom of leading theories underlying this claim. Of course, the Trump campaign as usual did not respond to our request for information.

The Facts

The allegation that Clinton was the first, or even one of the first, to question Obama?s birth certificate is simply false. But Trump would be on safer ground if he blamed her supporters for stoking the birther rumors, which do have some Democratic roots.

Let?s examine some of the main ongoing theories underlying the claim that Clinton was the ?original birther.?

Strategy memo, March 2007

This memo is supposed to be a smoking gun. Mark Penn, then a Clinton campaign aide, laid out a strategy of positive and negative messages to defeat Obama. One of his suggestions was to target his ?lack of American roots.? Excerpt, from the memo obtained by the Atlantic:

All of these articles about his boyhood in Indonesia and his life in Hawaii are geared towards showing his background is diverse, multicultural and putting that in a new light.

Save it for 2050.

It also exposes a very strong weakness for him ? his roots to basic American values and culture are at best limited. I cannot imagine America electing a president during a time of war who is not at his center fundamentally American in his thinking and in his values. He told the people of NH yesterday he has a Kansas accent because his mother was from there. His mother lived in many states as far as we can tell ? but this is an example of the nonsense he uses to cover this up.

?Let?s explicitly own ?American? in our programs, the speeches and the values. He doesn?t,? Penn suggested. But he added: ?We are never going to say anything about his background.?

Clinton ?wisely chose not to go this route,? the Atlantic reported. Staffers who criticized Obama?s ?otherness? (such as sending an email asking whether Obama was secretly Muslim) were admonished, Weigel wrote.

Note that the memo doesn?t mention Obama?s citizenship or question whether he was born in America. We asked Clinton campaign spokesman Josh Schwerin whether mentioning Obama?s citizenship was part of the strategy discussed in regard to this memo.

?The Clinton campaign never suggested that President Obama was not born here and never planned to,? Schwerin said.

Emails from Clinton supporters in 2008

In spring 2008, some of Clinton?s supporters began circulating anonymous emails questioning Obama?s citizenship. FactCheck.org and Politico cited these emails as the first time his citizenship was called into question, by a small group of ?diehard? Clinton supporters during the Democratic primary as her path toward the nomination began to fade.

?What it goes back to is ? not the Clinton campaign or her staff, but her supporters, as she was losing in the, sort of, really bitter spring of 2008,? Ben Smith, co-author of a Politico article digging into the birther movement?s roots, said in a 2011 MSNBC interview. ?Some of her passionate supporters were kind of grasping at straws for reasons he [Obama] could be ineligible for president.?

Chain emails surfaced claiming Obama was ineligible to become president because he was born in Kenya, as his mom was too young to travel by plane back to America to give birth. Others claimed Obama was refusing to release his full birth certificate because it probably contains information that he had dual Kenyan and U.S. citizenship at birth.

Of course, it was just a rumor. FactCheck.org and the Hawaii Department of Health confirmed that Obama was born in Honolulu.

We found no evidence that Clinton or her campaign coordinated any of these email chains questioning Obama?s citizenship. Authors of the Politico story could not find any links to Clinton or her campaign, and neither could FactCheck.org or PolitiFact.

Clinton?s interview on CBS?s ?60 Minutes,? March 2008

Some point to a ?60 Minutes? interview to show that Clinton coyly suggested otherwise. But this interview has been taken out of context.

The main smear in the 2008 campaign was the rumor that Obama is a Muslim, and the birther question ?bubbled around the fringes of 2008,? Smith said in the MSNBC interview.

Amid the Obama-is-Muslim rumors, a Clinton campaign staffer circulated a photo of Obama wearing a turban. Her campaign denounced the photo but did not identify which staffer was responsible ? saying any of the 700-plus people working on the campaign could have sent it.

Steve Kroft asked Clinton about the photo and such rumors on ?60 Minutes?:

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that Senator Obama is a Muslim??

Clinton: ?Of course not. I mean, that?s? You know, there is no basis for that. I take him on the basis of what he says. And, you know, there isn?t any reason to doubt that.?

Kroft: ?You said you?d take Senator Obama at his word that he?s not a Muslim.?

Clinton: ?Right.?

Kroft: ?You don?t believe that he?s ??

Clinton: ?No. Why would I? There is nothing to base that on, as far as I know.?

Kroft: ?It?s just scurrilous ??

Clinton: ?Look, I have been the target of so many ridiculous rumors that I have a great deal of sympathy for anybody who gets, you know, smeared with the kind of rumors that go on all the time.?

While Obama?s citizenship was not mentioned here, this clip has been used to assert that Clinton tacitly endorsed birther theories by adding: ?as far as I know.? These five words would be used against her for the next seven years.

We asked Schwerin whether Clinton was suggesting that the birther rumors were true, even while calling them ?ridiculous,? and he said: ?No. As you pointed out, she said it was a ridiculous rumor.?

MORE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fa ... ted-the-birther-movement/

Posted on: 2016/7/30 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheBigGuy wrote:
And who is the acknowledged grandmother of the birther movement?

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/02 ... -slams-smear-photo-008667

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
And Hillary hasn't lied to us, right?

I can't understand the Trumpeters obsession with "clinton lies", when everything out of their boy's mouth is either an exaggeration, outright lie, utterly unsubstantiatable, or has to be rolled back pronto. This is a man who went on and on about the President being a foreign born muslim without a shred of evidence. And without it having any meaning at all anyway, since we've all agreed vis vis Cruz that a son of an American is an American no matter where he is born. Why is that now history, and "hillary lies" gospel?

Exactly. In his smugness, Brewster didn't realize that the Hillary camp are the ones who started the birther meme.

Posted on: 2016/7/30 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
And who is the acknowledged grandmother of the birther movement?

http://www.politico.com/story/2008/02 ... -slams-smear-photo-008667

Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

I can't understand the Trumpeters obsession with "clinton lies", when everything out of their boy's mouth is either an exaggeration, outright lie, utterly unsubstantiatable, or has to be rolled back pronto. This is a man who went on and on about the President being a foreign born muslim without a shred of evidence. And without it having any meaning at all anyway, since we've all agreed vis vis Cruz that a son of an American is an American no matter where he is born. Why is that now history, and "hillary lies" gospel?

Posted on: 2016/7/30 20:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Since when have I been a Trumpeteer? Try again.

Both candidiates have lied. And it's intellectually dishonest for Democrat and Republican fan boys alike to call out the other candidate but not their own.

Posted on: 2016/7/30 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Posted on: 2016/7/30 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SOS wrote:
Trump again demonstrates that he's a pathological liar.

MSNBC unearths three-year-old interview with Trump in Moscow: ?I do have a relationship? with Putin
Bethania Palma Markus BETHANIA PALMA MARKUS
29 JUL 2016 AT 12:49 ET

GOP nominee Donald Trump has been facing scrutiny recently for his alleged ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Earlier this week, Trump came under fire for suggesting that Russian hackers should ?find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.? In the same press conference, given in Florida on Wednesday, Trump said, ?I never met Putin, I don?t know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I?m a genius.?

Trump also said he hopes Putin ?likes me? if elected.

But MSNBC unearthed an interview from three years ago that suggests Trump not only knows Putin, but also was aware Putin was monitoring him in some fashion. The interview was conducted by MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts in Moscow, ahead of a Miss Universe pageant.

?I do have a relationship, and I can tell you that he?s very interested in what we?re doing here today,? Trump told Roberts, when asked about his relationship with Putin. ?He?s probably very interested in what you and I are saying today and I?m sure he?s going to be seeing it in some form. But I do have a relationship with him and I think it?s very interesting to see what?s happened.?

He then reiterated his frequent praise of Putin as a leader while disparaging President Barack Obama.

?I mean look, he?s done a very brilliant job in terms of what he represents and what he?s representing,? Trump said. ?If you look at what he?s done with Syria, if you look at so many of the different things, he has really eaten our president?s lunch, let?s not kid ourselves.?

Trump claimed in an interview Wednesday with CBS that, ?I have nothing to do with Russia.?

Roberts asked Republican strategist and Trump campaign surrogate Boris Epshteyn to explain Trump?s comments.

Epshteyn said the ?relationship? Trump was describing didn?t extend beyond Putin following what Trump was doing in Moscow.

?Of course the Russian president would notice that somebody of that stature was in Moscow,? he said. ?What he said yesterday was that there was no business dealings between him and Vladimir Putin.?

Epshteyn then tried to steer to subject to what was in the email hacks on the Democratic National Convention. The FBI is investigating the hacks, but they are suspected to have been carried out by Russians, possibly connected to the government.

Watch the entire segment, as posted by MSNBC, here:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/msnbc ... -relationship-with-putin/

Posted on: 2016/7/30 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
In an opinion piece MSNBC 'suggests' isn't exactly concrete (or jello) proof of anything.

Posted on: 2016/7/30 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Trump again demonstrates that he's a pathological liar.

MSNBC unearths three-year-old interview with Trump in Moscow: ?I do have a relationship? with Putin
Bethania Palma Markus BETHANIA PALMA MARKUS
29 JUL 2016 AT 12:49 ET

GOP nominee Donald Trump has been facing scrutiny recently for his alleged ties to Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Earlier this week, Trump came under fire for suggesting that Russian hackers should ?find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.? In the same press conference, given in Florida on Wednesday, Trump said, ?I never met Putin, I don?t know who Putin is. He said one nice thing about me. He said I?m a genius.?

Trump also said he hopes Putin ?likes me? if elected.

But MSNBC unearthed an interview from three years ago that suggests Trump not only knows Putin, but also was aware Putin was monitoring him in some fashion. The interview was conducted by MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts in Moscow, ahead of a Miss Universe pageant.

?I do have a relationship, and I can tell you that he?s very interested in what we?re doing here today,? Trump told Roberts, when asked about his relationship with Putin. ?He?s probably very interested in what you and I are saying today and I?m sure he?s going to be seeing it in some form. But I do have a relationship with him and I think it?s very interesting to see what?s happened.?

He then reiterated his frequent praise of Putin as a leader while disparaging President Barack Obama.

?I mean look, he?s done a very brilliant job in terms of what he represents and what he?s representing,? Trump said. ?If you look at what he?s done with Syria, if you look at so many of the different things, he has really eaten our president?s lunch, let?s not kid ourselves.?

Trump claimed in an interview Wednesday with CBS that, ?I have nothing to do with Russia.?

Roberts asked Republican strategist and Trump campaign surrogate Boris Epshteyn to explain Trump?s comments.

Epshteyn said the ?relationship? Trump was describing didn?t extend beyond Putin following what Trump was doing in Moscow.

?Of course the Russian president would notice that somebody of that stature was in Moscow,? he said. ?What he said yesterday was that there was no business dealings between him and Vladimir Putin.?

Epshteyn then tried to steer to subject to what was in the email hacks on the Democratic National Convention. The FBI is investigating the hacks, but they are suspected to have been carried out by Russians, possibly connected to the government.

Watch the entire segment, as posted by MSNBC, here:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/msnbc ... -relationship-with-putin/

Posted on: 2016/7/30 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Typical democrat ploy announcing bad news.... Big public announcement that everything is cool and let the bad news drip out with Friday afternoon/holiday weekend updates.

Let's see how Liz Warren's Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) responds to hackers getting all the credit card / financial information on the democrat donors? Will the DNC have to notify these people and buy them one year of credit watch service like they require of big business hack victims?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa ... igation-exc-idUSKCN1092HK

Posted on: 2016/7/30 13:31

« 1 ... 24 25 26 (27) 28 29 30 31 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017