Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: The best things to do in Jersey City, NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Unless I missed it they forgot to mention The Reservoir. Hiking, fishing, and kayaking.

Exactly! One of my favs!
Also The Loews theater, Mana Contemporary, Pole Racing, Bayview Cemetery (stunning) Little India, Laicos, Pacific flea and The Bethune which has the best shows without a cover just to name a few outstanding places that are way more interesting than these sterile places.

It is a boring and disappointingly unrepresentative list. I think the problem is TONY is geared to it's NYC audience, and the author selected venues near the PATH (with the exception of LSP, although I suppose you can take the ferry there from Manhattan). Remember, many NY'ers don't have cars (none of my friends do), so even getting to DTJC is a two-fare trip. People ask me about getting to JC for something I'm going to and invite them to come along, and as soon as I mention the light rail (now we are talking 3 fares), buses (3 fares, plus PABT is too ghetto), and jitneys (are they safe?) I've lost them. Which is a shame, because kayaking in the Reservoir is great; strolling through Bayside Cemetery is awesome; BBQ at Legal Beans on Newark Avenue can't be beat.

Would that our elected officials and professional planners listen (doubtful, I've been writing to them on this topic for 8 years) but if we want folks from outside of JC to come and enjoy more of what the city has to offer (OK, not everyone on this board will, but I bet the business will be appreciated) JC's mass transit has to be better integrated into the regional network.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
The list was predictable, but not awful.

Exactly.

It's likely put together by someone that is just doing a search on Yelp. It's also a very subjective list. I happen to like Zeppelin Hall but others don't share this feeling. My feelings on PacFlea are well known. But is it possible that there are others that are just not into the scene. Whatever...

Posted on: 2016/7/13 15:04
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The list was predictable, but not awful.

Posted on: 2016/7/13 1:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Some of the best things to do in JC are no where near DTJC don't believe the hype

+1

Posted on: 2016/7/12 23:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Unless I missed it they forgot to mention The Reservoir. Hiking, fishing, and kayaking.

Exactly! One of my favs!
Also The Loews theater, Mana Contemporary, Pole Racing, Bayview Cemetery (stunning) Little India, Laicos, Pacific flea and The Bethune which has the best shows without a cover just to name a few outstanding places that are way more interesting than these sterile places.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/7/12 21:24
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Some of the best things to do in JC are no where near DTJC don't believe the hype

Posted on: 2016/7/12 20:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
what about newport mall, newark avenue?

Posted on: 2016/7/12 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Man, I expect better of TimeOut.

That reads like an entirely sponsored list.

Posted on: 2016/7/12 20:04

The best things to do in Jersey City, NJ
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

The best things to do in Jersey City, NJ

Hop over the Hudson to discover all the incredible things Jersey City has to offer, from parks to bars and restaurants

Best things to do in Jersey City, NJ

Liberty Science Center

Liberty Science Center

Whether you’re traveling with kids or if you’re a full-grown science fanatic, LSC has an exhibit, event or show that is right up your alley. Check out the IMAX theater, dinosaur dig, virtual reality and the soon-to-be biggest planetarium in the west. Sign up for a lecture or take a tour through the Center.

Read more
Zeppelin Hall

Zeppelin Hall

This old-fashioned biergarten is the only hot spot on this side of the Hudson or craft beer, good food and a great time. Fill up a stein with one of the 144 brews on tap, grab a bite of traditional European fare from the walk-up window and take a seat at the massive patio’s big community tables.

Read more
Groove on Grove

Groove on Grove

All summer long, this weekly street festival features music, food and beverages, unique performances and an urban community feel. Best part? It’s absolutely free to attend on the Grove PATH Plaza. Swing by every Wednesday from 6—9pm for concerts and people-watching from May to September. Grove Street PATH Plaza (jcdowntown.org)

Liberty State Park

Liberty State Park

The sprawling waterfront park has been an important piece of real estate to the NY Harbor area for centuries, but the scenic spot has since been beautified as New Jersey’s Bicentennial gift to the nation on June 14, 1976. Enjoy skyline views at a stone’s throw from the Statue of Liberty, water sports, a picnic and other outdoor adventures.

Read more:  http://www.timeout.com/newyork/things ... s-to-do-in-jersey-city-nj

Posted on: 2016/7/12 4:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017