Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Boggiano 2017 Signs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
This man hardly has the mental capability to run a city of 300k people. Nor does he have any kind of policy vision necessary to keep this city competitive in the 21st century.

Has anybody looked at his Facebook page? His posts are mostly rambling nonsense and he has the writing/communication skills of a 5 year old. When his constituents question what he means or ask him to clearly clarify his policy positions, his responses are some curt variation of "read a newspaper" or "figure it out for yourself".

This man belongs in an assisted living facility and from what I've seen he doesn't have the competency for any real executive position. Of course, he's pro-parking and anti-urban in every conceivable way, so he'll find a natural constituency in Yvonne and neighborhood association NIMBYs.

I was very disappointed when I found out during his council run that his posts here were being ghostwritten. Having "social media people" is ok for high officeholders I guess, but a candidate for city council should not have been that fabricated. If someone couldn't write a coherent post on JCList, we had a right to know that. We're not talking about FDR's leg braces, but a candidate's mental and verbal agility.

I'm not his constituent, so I can't speak to how well he actually responds one on one to somebody. The only insight I have are his public Facebook posts, which for the most part are meandering, incoherent drivel. If that's a ghost writer handling that, he definitely loses points for hiring such an incompetent social media manager. If they're not, he loses even more points for just being crazy and out of touch.

I'm sure he'd find a natural constituency among law & order and "bring back the good 'ol days" types, but I imagine him being slaughtered downtown (rightfully so) and possibly most other places in the city. The ex-cop thing will *not* play well with minorities and spitting on the concerns of newer residents will alienate the newer Downtown demographic. Thankfully, with all the developments going on Downtown, I think that area will be the natural king/queen maker.

I'm just very disappointed that thus far, if Fulop isn't running, no real progressive, transit-oriented development candidate has emerged. Maybe he has gone downhill in recent months, but I'd easily vote for Fulop again over some of the names being thrown around.

Posted on: 2016/6/28 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

dr_nick_riviera wrote:
This man hardly has the mental capability to run a city of 300k people. Nor does he have any kind of policy vision necessary to keep this city competitive in the 21st century.

Has anybody looked at his Facebook page? His posts are mostly rambling nonsense and he has the writing/communication skills of a 5 year old. When his constituents question what he means or ask him to clearly clarify his policy positions, his responses are some curt variation of "read a newspaper" or "figure it out for yourself".

This man belongs in an assisted living facility and from what I've seen he doesn't have the competency for any real executive position. Of course, he's pro-parking and anti-urban in every conceivable way, so he'll find a natural constituency in Yvonne and neighborhood association NIMBYs.

I was very disappointed when I found out during his council run that his posts here were being ghostwritten. Having "social media people" is ok for high officeholders I guess, but a candidate for city council should not have been that fabricated. If someone couldn't write a coherent post on JCList, we had a right to know that. We're not talking about FDR's leg braces, but a candidate's mental and verbal agility.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
What is up with Boggiano (or his people) posting signs for a 2017 election?

I don't think this is even permitted within xx days of an election (though I wasn't able to find that rule online) and even if it is permitted, I did find a rule that he'd have to get permission from a Traffic Engineer (laughable).

They're such litter, I wouldn't vote for ANY politician who behaves that way at this point.

I have a feeling that if this was a politician you actually liked, you'd find a way to vote for them.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/3 18:37
From DTJC
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2016/6/27 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Funny about those ?Coming Soon Boggiano 2017? signs. Last week the Jersey Journal?s Agustin C. Torres Political Insider column was about Boggiano. I laughed when I read the below paragraph knowing that the kids grandfather (Boggiano) was the slob contributing to the ?filth? by putting up illegal campaign signs all over Jersey City. He even has them on the massive Bayfront project fence along rt 440. Gotta love the dig at Downtown (assuming at Mayor Fulop) ha ha and he expects to win the Mayors seat without the DT vote?foolish. As rescuelife stated in the below post #4.

?Thursday Boggiano posted on his Facebook a critique of the overall state of city streets, upon returning from his vacation in North Carolina the previous week. See below:

"Last Friday I flew to North Carolina and drove back on Saturday with my son and 8-year-old grandson. We got off the turnpike and drove up Montgomery St. and made a left on Baldwin Ave. My grandson said, 'Grandpa why are the streets so filthy here and paper all over.

"I thought I would put this on here after seeing a post about a new (street cleaning) machine being used Downtown. So an 8 year old noticed the difference between the Charlotte area and New Jersey."

Can we rip them down with no fine if they are on public property? Like on the Bayfront project fence but not on the fence on the property owned by the Square Ramp Parking garage at Garrison and Pavonia?

Posted on: 2016/6/27 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
I suspect Old man Rich would have trouble winning a majority across the city with his anti-downtown, anti-non native approach. Then there's his endorsement of Steve Lonegan who had, well, interesting views that many in JC would not be ok with their mayor supporting. Of course you cannot please everyone, but you do need a majority, which would be very hard without a lot of support downtown and from non-natives.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 20:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Archie Bunker for Mayor!!!

Abe Simpson!!

Posted on: 2016/6/27 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Archie Bunker for Mayor!!!

Posted on: 2016/6/27 19:18

Boggiano 2017 Signs
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
What is up with Boggiano (or his people) posting signs for a 2017 election?

I don't think this is even permitted within xx days of an election (though I wasn't able to find that rule online) and even if it is permitted, I did find a rule that he'd have to get permission from a Traffic Engineer (laughable).

They're such litter, I wouldn't vote for ANY politician who behaves that way at this point.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 17:56

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017