Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
175 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 175

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Leashed dog mauled and killed by escaped pitbull
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
@grovepath. What was the point of reposting the same article?

I had missed the nipples on this pitbull and had failed to see that these people are pitbull breeders.

Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Resized Image

Just great -- they are breeding the Pitbull.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ty_womans_dog_killed.html

Posted on: 2016/6/28 8:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
@grovepath. What was the point of reposting the same article?

Posted on: 2016/6/28 2:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/12 17:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
Thankfully it was not a child mauled.

Pitbull dogs are the ultimate status symbol of poorly educated trash people.

First thing iGreg has said that I agree with.

They are the same way in Europe: Benefit queens/tinkers/layabouts/scroungers/wastrels living off of welfare, tramping about in tracksuits and been yanked around by a pitbull snarling at passing small children.

This dangerous animal should be executed for murdering another member of its species. I wouldn't bother with the court proceedings against the owners. I suspect they'll be a drain on the court's time.

Posted on: 2016/6/28 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:

...and if there is no collar -- should I bare hand their throat?

Use a belt, dog leash, or shirt. Or a choke hold like this.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/boy ... itsu-choke-hold/80486912/

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
By the way, the children in Hamilton Park do more damage to the trees, bushes and grass than any 100 dogs did in 25 years.

Maybe true, but generally speaking, small children do not bite or kill each other. Either way, dogs are supposed to be leashed when out in public, and under the owners' control at all times. Let's not forget Ms. Susan Kolb, former Jersey City resident, who in one incident claimed "the dogs just got away from her". Well then, she was obviously unfit to own the dogs, as are these people.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Wait...so I should grab a PITBULL by its collar and gag it -- while it is killing another dog?

If the dog is locked on your dog - or locked on your kid, then absolutely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebR37K8hDg

Resized Image

...and if there is no collar -- should I bare hand their throat?

Posted on: 2016/6/27 22:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
all lies, everyone knows pit bull is just misunderstood and are really safe as house pets.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 22:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
There was also the pitbull in Hamilton Park that killed a Dachshund many years ago. People tried to deny it happened but it was proven to be a fact. I guess some people are finally catching up with reality. By the way, the children in Hamilton Park do more damage to the trees, bushes and grass than any 100 dogs did in 25 years.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 21:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Wait...so I should grab a PITBULL by its collar and gag it -- while it is killing another dog?

If the dog is locked on your dog - or locked on your kid, then absolutely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ebR37K8hDg

Posted on: 2016/6/27 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I don't have any firsthand experience, but I've read where if you lift both hind legs off the ground a dog will drop whatever it has in its mouth-any dog experts familiar with this?

That's how you separate them if they're fighting.

If one dog has another locked in it's grip - best way is to induce a gag-reflex by using its collar or a belt - and tightening it at the front of it's neck. It should gag - then you can pull it away.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 19:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtjcview wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
There needs to be criminal charges filed IMMEDIATELY and the dog taken away.

Dog-on-dog damage is considered property damage. Criminal options are pretty limited.

Then I hope they file a civil suit and do something to punish the owners of the offending dog, because apparently the dog had done this before and this is just ridiculous. I wonder if the offending pitbull is even registered. If dog-on-dog damage is considered a civil matter I assume that's why the police didn't impound the offending dog, correct?

Posted on: 2016/6/27 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
There needs to be criminal charges filed IMMEDIATELY and the dog taken away.

Dog-on-dog damage is considered property damage. Criminal options are pretty limited.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I don't have any firsthand experience, but I've read where if you lift both hind legs off the ground a dog will drop whatever it has in its mouth-any dog experts familiar with this?

That's how you separate them if they're fighting.

If one dog has another locked in it's grip - best way is to induce a gag-reflex by using its collar or a belt - and tightening it at the front of it's neck. It should gag - then you can pull it away.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:

It's tough now to rent a place as a dog owner, I won't do it. If that suit can fly, renting dog owners would be utterly extinct. So using that logic, the suit would not get anywhere, similar to sueing firearms mfrs.

I currently rent to dog owners. However, my insurance company does not allow me to rent to owners with these breeds:

Rottweiler
German Shepherd
Pit bull
Doberman

As 'tenants' currently I have one ankle biter mutt and another large mutt. The large one is the most useless guard dog I have ever scene. Doesn't bark and it hides when I come into the apartment to do maintenance, until the dog realizes its just me. Then I get slobbered on.

I personally like dogs, but the potential destruction of both property and quality of life is just bigger than the upside. I know a horror like the OP is unusual, but a dog being a bad tenant or neighbor is not.

There's a dog on my block that barks ALL F-ING DAY! All I have to do is imagine that in my building to know it's just not worth it. I had a couple begging me to rent a Heights unit to them, but it had newly refinished original pine floors, there was no way a dog would not damage them.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

It's tough now to rent a place as a dog owner, I won't do it. If that suit can fly, renting dog owners would be utterly extinct. So using that logic, the suit would not get anywhere, similar to sueing firearms mfrs.

I currently rent to dog owners. However, my insurance company does not allow me to rent to owners with these breeds:

Rottweiler
German Shepherd
Pit bull
Doberman

As 'tenants' currently I have one ankle biter mutt and another large mutt. The large one is the most useless guard dog I have ever scene. Doesn't bark and it hides when I come into the apartment to do maintenance, until the dog realizes its just me. Then I get slobbered on.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/27 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thankfully it was not a child mauled.

Pitbull dogs are the ultimate status symbol of poorly educated trash people.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 12:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
I think dymean needs to be put down and the owner fined

Or the other way around.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 11:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/27 9:56
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Maybe they can sue the owners of the property where the dog is housed.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 5:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Great, here we go again. Remember Susan Kolb with her dogs Jumba and Imani? They were cited in three different attacks against people and she jerked the courts around, ignoring several court orders to send them out of state, pay fines and then to keep the dogs' muzzles on when she moved out of Jersey City. The saga went on for five+ years. It was disgusting.

There needs to be criminal charges filed IMMEDIATELY and the dog taken away. The courts need to put their foot down and not be played as fools. Given that a dog is dead now, there needs to be some serious punishment. A hefty fine, jail time, whatever, just send the owners a message that what happened was unacceptable.

I hope the owners of Pepper sue to hell out of Dyemean's owners, but they are probably judgement-proof.

Sure you're judgment proof when you have nothing to sue for and you leave a wake behind. Maybe they can sue the owners of the property where the dog is housed.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 4:56
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
She was a loon... remember trying to walk those dogs. Hate to say it but when dogs kill in a scenario like that there really aren't many options. Next time it might be some little toddler. From the report, it sounds like the dog was a known nuisance? Curious to see how the dog reacted to getting tazed?

Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Great, here we go again. Remember Susan Kolb with her dogs Jumba and Imani? They were cited in three different attacks against people and she jerked the courts around, ignoring several court orders to send them out of state, pay fines and then to keep the dogs' muzzles on when she moved out of Jersey City. The saga went on for five+ years. It was disgusting.

There needs to be criminal charges filed IMMEDIATELY and the dog taken away. The courts need to put their foot down and not be played as fools. Given that a dog is dead now, there needs to be some serious punishment. A hefty fine, jail time, whatever, just send the owners a message that what happened was unacceptable.

I hope the owners of Pepper sue to hell out of Dyemean's owners, but they are probably judgement-proof.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/27 3:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
I think dymean needs to be put down and the owner fined

Posted on: 2016/6/27 2:47

Leashed dog mauled and killed by escaped pitbull
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City woman's dog killed by escaped pit bull: cops

A Jersey City woman's dog was mauled and killed by an escaped pitbull on Garfield Avenue in Jersey City.

June 25, 2016

A Jersey City woman's dog was mauled and killed by a pit bull that ran out of its house yesterday, a police report says.

A 63-year-old woman was walking her two leashed dogs, her own pit bull and a smaller dog named Pepper, around 11 a.m. outside Bayside Park on Garfield Avenue. At that time, another pit bull named Dyemean got out of its nearby house and attacked the smaller dog, according to Jersey City police and witnesses.

A witness who asked not to be named said that Dyemean scooped up Pepper with its teeth, began violently shaking it, and then ran across the street to a nearby cemetery with the smaller dog still in its mouth.

"People were trying to break them loose," the witness said. "(The pit bull) just wouldn't let that dog go."

Nearby officers were flagged down by the witnesses trying to separate the dogs, according to the police report.

When police arrived, they found the the woman's pit bull mounted on top of Dyemean, with Pepper still in Dyeman's jaws, the report says.

Officers say they asked a bystander, who identified herself as the cousin of Dyemean's owner, to control the dog, but she was unable to do so.

Police surrounded Dyemean and eventually used a taser on the pit bull, but police say Pepper was "obviously deceased" by that time, according to the report.

After Dyemean released Pepper from its clench, the unleashed pit bull ran back into its house, the report states.

Police and witnesses say the people inside the home at first refused to respond to officers' request to open the door, but eventually complied.

One of the home's residents, a 16-year-old girl, was arrested on obstruction charges, the report says.

Dyemean's owner told the police that his dog accidentally got through an open door, and that Dyemean "has done this before," the report says.

A court order was filed for Dyemean to be leashed and muzzled whenever he's outdoors, according to the report.

Pepper's owner was treated for a minor bite she suffered while trying to separate the dogs, the report says.

A witness said the whole ordeal lasted around an hour.

"It was sad, very sad." said the witness

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... s_jersey_city_womans.html

Posted on: 2016/6/27 2:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017