Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 37

jerseymom, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#39
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 18:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1180
Offline
Quote:

kencares wrote:
If I ever saw the guy actually working on it, I'd shout, "FINISH YOUR DUMB UGLY PAINTING ALREADY! THIS AIN'T THE SISTINE CHAPEL!"


Hahaha that's pretty funny. It sure as hell ain't the Sistine Chapel.

Posted on: 2016/6/25 16:37
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#38
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/9/8 13:21
Last Login :
2017/4/28 15:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 202
Offline
If I ever saw the guy actually working on it, I'd shout, "FINISH YOUR DUMB UGLY PAINTING ALREADY! THIS AIN'T THE SISTINE CHAPEL!"

Posted on: 2016/6/25 12:03
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.

The painter is adding layers and detail, not repainting it.


Apparently that painter gets paid a small stipend that comes out of a state grant which in turn comes from our state tax dollars, and has previously been arrested for vandalizing the city with graffiti. Nice!

I'd rather the state grants be spent on improving the traffic flow, or job training for the homeless, anything other than a tacky mural painted by someone who has been arrested for graffiti and is now being rewarded. I guess I can't blame Jersey City, or the former vandal, for taking the money, but this state has got to get its priorities straight. The streets look fine enough without this crap that costs money.
i have nothing against graffitti in its "proper" place, but that sreet mural needs to go, imo

Posted on: 2016/6/24 21:14
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 18:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1180
Offline
Quote:

Dolomiti wrote:
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.

The painter is adding layers and detail, not repainting it.


Apparently that painter gets paid a small stipend that comes out of a state grant which in turn comes from our state tax dollars, and has previously been arrested for vandalizing the city with graffiti. Nice!

I'd rather the state grants be spent on improving the traffic flow, or job training for the homeless, anything other than a tacky mural painted by someone who has been arrested for graffiti and is now being rewarded. I guess I can't blame Jersey City, or the former vandal, for taking the money, but this state has got to get its priorities straight. The streets look fine enough without this crap that costs money.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 20:34
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2012/8/6 22:56
Last Login :
7/4 21:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1021
Offline
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.

The painter is adding layers and detail, not repainting it.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 20:28
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#34
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/6/19 16:38
Last Login :
2017/4/26 18:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 11
Offline
Agree that the mural is extremely tacky. Not a fan.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 19:52
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
Yesterday 18:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1180
Offline
Quote:

Tino wrote:
Here's an article on it. Kind of ironic that a blocked off portion of a former roadway/recently-converted pedestrian plaza is considered an impediment to pedestrian traffic... already hard to imagine it any other way.


What I despise is the fact that the guy doing this mural was arrested by the city for putting up graffiti on numerous walls around the city. Seems like that should be an automatic disqualification for putting up a mural in Jersey City. See this article:

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... sey_city_mural_artis.html

The article mentions he wasn't paid for work when he did murals for the city before and I hope he isn't paid for this one. Matter of fact, I hope the cost of materials for this mural, that in my opinion, is pretty tacky anyway, came out of his pocket. That would be justice. Probably not though, as usual we the taxpayers foot the bill for this crap.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 18:54
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
The solicitors are definitely the worst part of the pedestrian plaza. And I hate the hello fresh people that stalk Tender Shoots.


"HI, do you like to eat healthy?"
"No."

silly marketer asking a closed ended question.

just tell them you like it nasty...smothered in fat!

Posted on: 2016/6/24 17:15
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/9/20 14:11
Last Login :
Yesterday 14:49
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 889
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
The solicitors are definitely the worst part of the pedestrian plaza. And I hate the hello fresh people that stalk Tender Shoots.


"HI, do you like to eat healthy?"
"No."

silly marketer asking a closed ended question.


Posted on: 2016/6/24 14:46
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?


"because I am five years old" is the only legitimate answer.


+1

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that if they aren't grown up enough to ride in the street then don't ride a bike?? There are so many jackasses riding on the sidewalk and it's not all delivery people just trying to be fast. So many clueless morons on citi bikes pedaling up Newark Ave using the sidewalk like its a legitimate bike lane.
I tend to agree with you but there are situations where it is hard to avoid......very narrow streets with fast moving traffic, closed streets


If the street is too narrow to share it with cars safely, then you take the lane. It's that simple.

thanks for the advice drusila, but if there is no one or 1 or 2 people on the sidewalk and traffic is perilous, i will be slowly biking on the sidewalk. safety and common sense first.

now on west side avenue, i would probably take the lane since there are many people on the sidewalk, but around 440/tonnelle avenue/kennedy blvd i'd be more tempted to ride on the sidewalk

Posted on: 2016/6/23 23:11
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/8/12 18:31
Last Login :
Yesterday 12:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3744
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?


"because I am five years old" is the only legitimate answer.


+1

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that if they aren't grown up enough to ride in the street then don't ride a bike?? There are so many jackasses riding on the sidewalk and it's not all delivery people just trying to be fast. So many clueless morons on citi bikes pedaling up Newark Ave using the sidewalk like its a legitimate bike lane.
I tend to agree with you but there are situations where it is hard to avoid......very narrow streets with fast moving traffic, closed streets


If the street is too narrow to share it with cars safely, then you take the lane. It's that simple.


Posted on: 2016/6/23 23:01
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?


"because I am five years old" is the only legitimate answer.


+1

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that if they aren't grown up enough to ride in the street then don't ride a bike?? There are so many jackasses riding on the sidewalk and it's not all delivery people just trying to be fast. So many clueless morons on citi bikes pedaling up Newark Ave using the sidewalk like its a legitimate bike lane.
I tend to agree with you but there are situations where it is hard to avoid......very narrow streets with fast moving traffic, closed streets

Posted on: 2016/6/23 22:16
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/8/25 19:18
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 292
Offline
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?


"because I am five years old" is the only legitimate answer.


+1

Why is it so hard for some people to grasp that if they aren't grown up enough to ride in the street then don't ride a bike?? There are so many jackasses riding on the sidewalk and it's not all delivery people just trying to be fast. So many clueless morons on citi bikes pedaling up Newark Ave using the sidewalk like its a legitimate bike lane.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 22:08
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.


that there is truly crazy-talk.

but most of the cyclists I've encountered on the plaza are courteous. there's always going to be the occasional asshat flying through the plaza at top speed, while checking his phone.

#makeityours


Agreed, the aggressive bike flyers are usually on the Washington St sidewalks between Newport and Exchange Place
i hope you are not talking about me. oops, i guess i should have kept my moth shut


Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?
safety concerns....sometimes the cars go just too fast on Washington and of course I never ride fast on the sidewalk

Posted on: 2016/6/23 22:01
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/11/15 21:43
Last Login :
7/18 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 747
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:

Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?


"because I am five years old" is the only legitimate answer.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 21:41
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/12/28 17:08
Last Login :
6/19 12:43
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 927
Offline
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
If we want to air all of our pedestrian plaza grievances I'd like to direct some attention to the Hello Fresh solicitors that seem to stalk the plaza every night of the week.


+++++100000000

Posted on: 2016/6/23 20:56
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.


that there is truly crazy-talk.

but most of the cyclists I've encountered on the plaza are courteous. there's always going to be the occasional asshat flying through the plaza at top speed, while checking his phone.

#makeityours


Agreed, the aggressive bike flyers are usually on the Washington St sidewalks between Newport and Exchange Place
i hope you are not talking about me. oops, i guess i should have kept my moth shut


Just curious, why do you ride your bike on the sidewalk?

Posted on: 2016/6/23 20:51
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#22
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/10/25 12:38
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 93
Offline
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
If we want to air all of our pedestrian plaza grievances I'd like to direct some attention to the Hello Fresh solicitors that seem to stalk the plaza every night of the week.



Christ those people are annoying, they catch you coming and going. "Do you like cook at home or go out to eat?" - didn't realize it was an either/or type of thing, but great question ...

Posted on: 2016/6/23 20:40
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/8/25 19:18
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 292
Offline
The solicitors are definitely the worst part of the pedestrian plaza. And I hate the hello fresh people that stalk Tender Shoots.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 20:12
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/8/19 16:35
Last Login :
1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 223
Offline
If we want to air all of our pedestrian plaza grievances I'd like to direct some attention to the Hello Fresh solicitors that seem to stalk the plaza every night of the week.


Posted on: 2016/6/23 19:56
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.


that there is truly crazy-talk.

but most of the cyclists I've encountered on the plaza are courteous. there's always going to be the occasional asshat flying through the plaza at top speed, while checking his phone.

#makeityours


Agreed, the aggressive bike flyers are usually on the Washington St sidewalks between Newport and Exchange Place
i hope you are not talking about me. oops, i guess i should have kept my moth shut

Posted on: 2016/6/23 19:48
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2011/11/30 12:46
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.


that there is truly crazy-talk.

but most of the cyclists I've encountered on the plaza are courteous. there's always going to be the occasional asshat flying through the plaza at top speed, while checking his phone.

#makeityours


Agreed, the aggressive bike flyers are usually on the Washington St sidewalks between Newport and Exchange Place

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:58
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/11/15 21:43
Last Login :
7/18 19:33
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 747
Offline
Quote:

JSleeze wrote:
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.


that there is truly crazy-talk.

but most of the cyclists I've encountered on the plaza are courteous. there's always going to be the occasional asshat flying through the plaza at top speed, while checking his phone.

#makeityours

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:47
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2009/8/27 22:16
Last Login :
4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 344
Offline
Quote:

Mao wrote:
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.


Common sense? Courtesy? In Jersey City??? Madness, man! Sheer madness.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:38
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/5/9 2:53
Last Login :
7/17 14:07
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 331
Offline
What's wrong with bikes in a pedestrian mall. If common sense and courtesy are used, all should be fine. 90% of the time, there is plenty of space for a biker to ride. 10% it is probably too crowed and the bicycle gets walked.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:16
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
while I think this mural is really wonderful, I have to say that it's become quite an impediment every single morning when I ride my bike on Newark to the PATH and it's blocked off. I'm forced to ride on the sidewalk, or walk my bike in the plaza. Often it's still blocked off when I come home at night. I realize these are small complaints, but given that we just had a post about people being upset that cyclists are biking on the sidewalk; well, this is one of the reasons.

I agree with another user on here; when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.
you are not supposed to be riding your bike through a pedestrian zone


I don't think there should be bikes in the pedestrian plaza but they are technically allowed according to the signs posted.
my bad

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:09
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2014/8/25 19:18
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 292
Offline
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
while I think this mural is really wonderful, I have to say that it's become quite an impediment every single morning when I ride my bike on Newark to the PATH and it's blocked off. I'm forced to ride on the sidewalk, or walk my bike in the plaza. Often it's still blocked off when I come home at night. I realize these are small complaints, but given that we just had a post about people being upset that cyclists are biking on the sidewalk; well, this is one of the reasons.

I agree with another user on here; when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.
you are not supposed to be riding your bike through a pedestrian zone


I don't think there should be bikes in the pedestrian plaza but they are technically allowed according to the signs posted.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:03
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

Frank_M wrote:
Unfortunately, many of Jersey City’s murals seem to have been created with a type of paint that remains tacky throughout the life of the piece… so, so tacky.
perhaps it is time for this street mural to be painted over

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:02
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2004/11/14 2:38
Last Login :
Today 5:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 3634
Offline
Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
while I think this mural is really wonderful, I have to say that it's become quite an impediment every single morning when I ride my bike on Newark to the PATH and it's blocked off. I'm forced to ride on the sidewalk, or walk my bike in the plaza. Often it's still blocked off when I come home at night. I realize these are small complaints, but given that we just had a post about people being upset that cyclists are biking on the sidewalk; well, this is one of the reasons.

I agree with another user on here; when are they going to stop repainting it? It seems like it's literally every morning these past two or three weeks that it's been blocked off.
you are not supposed to be riding your bike through a pedestrian zone

Posted on: 2016/6/23 18:01
Top


Re: JC monopoly mural on/in newark pedestrian plaza
#10
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2016/6/23 0:22
Last Login :
2017/5/12 13:34
Group:
Banned
Posts: 33
Offline
I feel shame. Real sorry about the wet paint (or should I say painting wet!). Things have really taken a turn.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 15:50
Top




« 1 2 3 (4) 5 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017