Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Fulop: Violent crime in Jersey City is not random
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Let me say it again, one time and you are out of any affordable housing. Violence happens near/around affordable housing. I remember turning on the tv in the 1990s and I saw Montgomery Gateway on the program, "COPS." I recognized the officer making the arrest. This is the Van Vorst Park neighborhood. Stop providing housing for people who deals drugs and violence.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Crime is a reality of the human condition ... those seeking a crime free neighborhood / safe home to live in, I've found it !

Resized Image

So you don't find it a little concerning last year for the month of June their were 9 total victims of shootings but so far this month their has been 16 and the month isn't over yet?

You don't find it concerning that we have reached over a quarter of last year's total of shooting victims in about a 30 something day period not counting what the total is prior to that time frame for this year?

Their were 101 victims total for 2015 and 86 in 2014. Since May 22nd to present about 27 or 28 total victims.

The total for June so far is now 19, three more were shot since I posted this. The highest total since 2013 for shooting victims recorded is 20 in one month and second highest 15. One more victim and that total will be tied, more then that and this will be the worst month for shootings in years.

Three were also shot in Bayonne this weekend as part of this on going gang war. Two of which were a stones throw away from the JC border.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 21:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
My dimes worth !

Serious drug money is NOT made in the ghetto from the homeless drug users portrayed on tv - the REAL drug money is made from our wealthier municipalities (white collar neighborhoods) and that's where the NEW frontline of drug turf wars are taking place, which was once out of bounds.

You're partly right in that the real money comes from wealthier white collar neighborhoods. The open air drug markets in JC, Newark, Paterson etc are catering to a large percentage of out of towner's that come from the burbs. I wouldn't call the burbs the front line though because many come to the cities for their drugs.

I also think you are confusing the current gang war for a drug war.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 21:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
My dimes worth !

Serious drug money is NOT made in the ghetto from the homeless drug users portrayed on tv - the REAL drug money is made from our wealthier municipalities (white collar neighborhoods) and that's where the NEW frontline of drug turf wars are taking place, which was once out of bounds.

Please shoot a flare to let us know when there's a drive by shooting in Basking Ridge because of a drug turf war.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 10:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My dimes worth !

Posted on: 2016/6/27 10:12
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
I read this research report - http://petermoskos.com/files/BW/Braga ... isorder_reduces_crime.pdf - on broken windows policing (the theory behind stop and frisk). It generally concludes "Aggressive order maintenance strategies that target individual disorderly behaviors do not generate significant crime reductions", which would seem to contradict JCMan8's suggestion for more stop & frisk.

Having said that, they also conclude cities adopt a ??community coproduction model?? I'm not even sure what that means; however for the people lamenting the loss of innocent lives in Greenville, it seems to me it can't be one sided - it cannot only be a police issue, people in the community need to step up and cooperate with the JCPD.

You will NEVER see this cooperation happen, due to snitches get stitches.

That's why the only practical solutions that will work are the ones I listed. Don't use them and get used to the higher bloodshed, no complaining. Maybe if Fulop blames "guns" enough times he'll convince some people of a fabrication.

Posted on: 2016/6/27 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I read this research report - http://petermoskos.com/files/BW/Braga ... isorder_reduces_crime.pdf - on broken windows policing (the theory behind stop and frisk). It generally concludes "Aggressive order maintenance strategies that target individual disorderly behaviors do not generate significant crime reductions", which would seem to contradict JCMan8's suggestion for more stop & frisk.

Having said that, they also conclude cities adopt a ??community coproduction model?? I'm not even sure what that means; however for the people lamenting the loss of innocent lives in Greenville, it seems to me it can't be one sided - it cannot only be a police issue, people in the community need to step up and cooperate with the JCPD.

Posted on: 2016/6/26 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Crime is a reality of the human condition ... those seeking a crime free neighborhood / safe home to live in, I've found it !

Resized Image

So you don't find it a little concerning last year for the month of June their were 9 total victims of shootings but so far this month their has been 16 and the month isn't over yet?

You don't find it concerning that we have reached over a quarter of last year's total of shooting victims in about a 30 something day period not counting what the total is prior to that time frame for this year?

Their were 101 victims total for 2015 and 86 in 2014. Since May 22nd to present about 27 or 28 total victims.

The only way to stop this is to implement policies people like you would consider "racist."

Common sense policies like stop and frisk and racial profiling, because the truth is we all know the profile of the people committing these crimes.

But we can't do this due to the objections, so enjoy the crime.

Posted on: 2016/6/25 22:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/6/25 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

Resized Image

Yes, crime is part of the human condition, but he mayor said the people who do these crimes know each other. As I mentioned before, once bullets leave a gun there is no guarantee their will hit there target. At the Ward B meeting, the mayor said he would stay around and speak to the public. I told Fulop if he was serious about crime then he should adopt the same policy that the housing authority has for its tenants. One strike and you are out. That should be the motto for all affordable housing, not just public housing. The mayor said that would not be fair for the grandmother who has a grandson and the grandson is involved in crime. The grandmother would lose her home. Basically, my tax dollars is subsidizing crime. Salem-Lafayette is a known crime area. The mayor pushed another 30 years on that tax abatement. Salem-Layfayette now has a 66 year tax abatement and crime is at a all time high. Several years ago a young child was hit by a bullet. No, the mayor is soft on crime. Let's give them housing in JC.

Posted on: 2016/6/25 12:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/6/25 3:26
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/24 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Let's increase taxes to have a cop at every corner to make the streets safer ... It's Fulop's fault ... We need more armed citizens ... We need gun control ... It's the parent's fault ... Society is to blame ... Religion is letting our youth down ... The school system isn't teaching our kids moral values ... Bring back prohibition ... Free marijuana for all ... Teachers are to blame ... Too many violet movies and video games ... The black community doesn't have any role models, they are either into drugs or abusing kids and women ... Muslims are to blame ... We don't have enough youth employment ... The water is bad and causing crime after drinking it ... Prisons are a good option with a roof over head, meals, tv, clothes and hanging out with homies ... too many 'beacons of wealth' 'luxury housing' in once poorer communities ... population explosion ... gentrification ... can we blame or add anything else for violent crime ?

Posted on: 2016/6/24 9:21

Edited by fat-ass-bike on 2016/6/24 9:41:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Personally, I don't think there is enough information to dismiss the mayor's comment. Unless you are investigating the case, you are not going to know whether the victim had a record, perhaps had a past/longstanding issue with the assailant, or just associated with the wrong crowd and thus ran the risk of someone having it in for him/her.

Of course, there are no guarantees, and terrible things happen, but I can accept what the mayor says. I feel terrible about the people who are shot, and lives that are lost. But all of us have to look at the people around us, and decide if they complement our lives and goals in a good way or not. What I take away from the mayors comments is that for those who either managed to avoid living in, or got themselves out of an environment where violence, crime, and hopelessness are rampant are very fortunate in that we can worry less about violent crime.

And? What about the innocent ones that are le ft behind.... just surrender the streets, because they are only killing off themselves (thugs) If Christie said that the Ledger and Journal would be going crazy. Look how far Booker got ignoring crime.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 2:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
You're my favorite.

Posted on: 2016/6/24 2:28

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/12 13:34
Group:
Banned
Mayor job very very hard. Rome not one day building. Strong wall need many brick. Wear helmet always and one day wall will be strong. Red wall is best.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 23:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, I don't think there is enough information to dismiss the mayor's comment. Unless you are investigating the case, you are not going to know whether the victim had a record, perhaps had a past/longstanding issue with the assailant, or just associated with the wrong crowd and thus ran the risk of someone having it in for him/her.

Of course, there are no guarantees, and terrible things happen, but I can accept what the mayor says. I feel terrible about the people who are shot, and lives that are lost. But all of us have to look at the people around us, and decide if they complement our lives and goals in a good way or not. What I take away from the mayors comments is that for those who either managed to avoid living in, or got themselves out of an environment where violence, crime, and hopelessness are rampant are very fortunate in that we can worry less about violent crime.

Posted on: 2016/6/23 17:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So citizens who spoke before the city council when Fulop was councilman were backseat drivers? They were afraid for their lives. Let's not forget, Fulop talked about crime a great deal when he ran for mayor. He knew it was a hot subject. Many people came to council meetings complaining about shootings in their neighborhoods. Some of this is probably on the city's website which carries old council meetings.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
...no nothing back seat drivers commenting in this thread. Typical for JCLIST.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 14:23

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/1 10:50
From Willmington, DE
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop seems to have an answer for everything. Going through life being uninformed Mr. Mayor is not very wise. Get out there. Talk to the people you work for. Not just the upper, high class you talk to now. Thank you.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Many use "cheap guns" or they are not experience shooters. Once a bullet leaves a gun, it could hit an innocent victim. I am not happy with the mayor's answer. There have been citizens coming to City Hall when Fulop was on the council complaining about shooting and bullets coming into their homes. I don't know why it never made the paper.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 13:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, but the guy who got shot while working on his car was definitely not targeted.

None of these kids know how to aim a gun. It doesn't matter who they're targeting. It's the people behind them who are getting hit.

Posted on: 2016/6/22 3:06

Fulop: Violent crime in Jersey City is not random
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Fulop: Violent crime in Jersey City is not random

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on June 21, 2016 at 5:28 PM, updated June 21, 2016 at 5:29 PM

JERSEY CITY -- Mayor Steve Fulop reiterated at a public meeting last night that a recent uptick in shootings in the city is not random and most of the victims are targeted.

During a West Side public safety meeting last night, Fulop said police have a "tremendous" amount of information about the individuals committing crimes, but the city faces challenges when it investigates. 

In the first 15 days of June, at least 10 people were shot in 12 different incidents across the city. Police, however, struggle when no one comes forward to provide information and tips on crime, he added.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_city_is_not_random.html

Posted on: 2016/6/22 2:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017