Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: More Shootings Tonight - All Over the Damn City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
see below in [brackets]

Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:
Have you lived in JC longer than a year?
[yes and other cities (which do exist) before that]

Doesn't sound like it.
[ok]

Most people here where I live have been here many years and we have dealt with all of this. I never stated the problem is going to be resolved and didn't propose that.
[Youre bragging to everyone that you protected yourself and stayed safe by "making a deal with the guys on the block." Right? Sure sounds like you're endorsing this idiotic plan -- stay safe by "making a deal" with a gun-wielding adolescent or some other street-level failure? Sounds like a brilliant idea]

I am stating what Bergen Lafayette and Greenville residents do to try to live in peace.
[and that's working]

WE learned to live with it not sit at our computer and make sarcastic comments.
[but you ignored that that lesson and joined jclist]

What deal are you making?
[deals with adults who aren't fighting petty turf wars with their neighbors and terrorizing communities because their small minds cant sort out what is and isnt worth dying for]

Which latte [i don't drink lattes] you will drink today at Starbucks [i don't go to starbucks]?Quote:

Killtown wrote:
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:
You made a deal with the guys on the block, "respect my home and I respect you" That's how we protected ourselves and kept safe.

I would love to hear more about these deals. Maybe you can teach a seminar and the whole problem will be solved.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 20:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/17 20:34
From bergen lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Have you lived in JC longer than a year? Doesn't sound like it. Most people here where I live have been here many years and we have dealt with all of this. I never stated the problem is going to be resolved and didn't propose that. I am stating what Bergen Lafayette and Greenville residents do to try to live in peace.

WE learned to live with it not sit at our computer and make sarcastic comments. What deal are you making? Which latte you will drink today at Starbucks?Quote:

Killtown wrote:
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:
You made a deal with the guys on the block, "respect my home and I respect you" That's how we protected ourselves and kept safe.

I would love to hear more about these deals. Maybe you can teach a seminar and the whole problem will be solved.

Posted on: 2016/6/9 12:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
If you refuse to enact policies that go after the problem population, such as stop and frisk, don't ever expect to see much improvement.

Police can't just wave a magic wand and lower violent crime.

Posted on: 2016/6/8 22:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/16 15:08
From JCNJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Og_jerseycity wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/8 20:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on June 08, 2016 at 1:54 PM, updated June 08, 2016 at 2:32 PM

A rising Jersey City rapper who was acquitted of murder two years ago is one of two people who were grazed by gunfire on a city street Tuesday night, a police source said today.

Albert "Albee Al" Robinson, 27, suffered a gunshot wound to his right forearm in the incident at Baldwin Avenue and Rock Street at 6:50 last night, said a person with knowledge of the investigation, but is not authorized to discuss it. Robinson refused medical attention.

More

Posted on: 2016/6/8 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/8 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This is what I was saying. Ignore the shootings and they will spread and innocent bystanders will eventually be hit as the gang war continues. Luckily no one died this time. I was not far from where this occured yesterday and left probably 20 or 30 minutes before it happened.

This brings it to 20 shootings 17 victims two of which have been killed in 16 days and that is only counting reported shootings. Some didn't make the JJ.

Posted on: 2016/6/8 17:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/17 20:34
From bergen lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Why is it such a surprise? This is typical Jersey City and I don't think it will stop. Just because housing is nicer in other parts of JC or your real estate value goes up doesn't mean the "no do gooders" are going to magically disappear.
Lack of education, lack of money, piling all the poor on one end of the city (which is what JC leaders have been doing for years), not assisting teachers in getting help for children who have horrible parents or lack of them is all the results of what we have. Kids with guns. These aren't 40 year olds, these are 16 year olds with guns. There is a serious problem when one end of the city is full of outdoor cafes and pleasant atmospheres and not even 1/2 mile away you can't walk at night. McGreevey and Fulop have been trying with program for ex-cons and there has been improvements but there is still so much more work to be done.

JC cops need to learn or get some lessons from the Bayonne police dept.

As a lifelong resident of this city it is just really tiring. Moving out is what I am looking forward to. I can't afford to live in DTJC and I refuse to say JC is great until every neighborhood can enjoy an outdoor cafe and a nice restaurant.

JC Police can't solve everything but their presence in the community certainly helps a lot. If they are persistently present and are active in the community there will be a difference. I hope the new rookies do a better job then their predecessors.
15-20 years ago calling the police was not what you wanted to do. You made a deal with the guys on the block, "respect my home and I respect you" That's how we protected ourselves and kept safe. In Bergen Lafayette and Greenville we have been on our own for years. Now people are worried about shooting......( please)

Posted on: 2016/6/8 13:33

More Shootings Tonight - All Over the Damn City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Man shot in Jersey City in what may have been 'running gun battle': radio transmissions

By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on June 07, 2016 at 10:49 PM, updated June 07, 2016 at 10:50 PM

At least one person was shot in what one police officer described as a possible "running gun battle" on the streets of Jersey City tonight.

The shooting victim, a man who appeared to be in his mid-20s, was believed to be grazed with a bullet on Rock Street near Baldwin Avenue at 6:50 p.m., according to police radio transmissions.

More - Multiple Shooting Addresses in Story

Highlights:

-There were more than a dozen shell casings found on Rock Street and on Baldwin Avenue

-Shell casings were also found at Academy Street and Baldwin Avenue

-Police were also investigating reports that a man was shot near the Jersey City Municipal Court building, at the corner of Summit and Sip avenues

-Five more shots fired on Wegman Parkway near Ocean Avenue

Posted on: 2016/6/8 3:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017