Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

Re: TALDE JERSEY CITY
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

third_street_hats wrote:
Permits on the front of Bell & Grey reference adding a kitchen to the space as well as installation of a "BBQ table."

Hibachi, hot pot, korean bbq...?

edit: must be Kbbq, since it specifically mentions BBQ.

Posted on: 2017/1/17 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Permits on the front of Bell & Grey reference adding a kitchen to the space as well as installation of a "BBQ table."

Posted on: 2017/1/16 1:14

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/12/27 16:23
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure from folks I've spoken to who should know, Talde isn't closing. This woman def did screw them over and caused serious problems, but they're still open and doing well. And I also personally think the food there is great and hope they're around for a long time.

Posted on: 2016/11/28 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Earlier today I responded to a post asking if this place was out of business as to which I responded that it was not. Why were these posts deleted, makes no sense?

Posted on: 2016/11/28 2:04

Re: TALDE JERSEY CITY - OUT OF BUSINESS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on November 24, 2016 at 8:05 AM, updated November 24, 2016 at 10:47 AM

JERSEY CITY -- A 48-year-old Pennsylvania woman has been charged with embezzling nearly $210,000 from a Jersey City restaurant company located in the former Jersey City police headquarters building Downtown.

Tracy M. Gonzalez, of Easton, is charged with embezzling $208,670 from the TelCo Restaurant Group between Oct. 1, 2015 and July 15, 2016. She is also charged with theft by deception and theft by unlawful taking, the criminal complaint says.

More

Posted on: 2016/11/26 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
They've papered over the windows in the Bell & Grey space.

Does this mean something might be happening or are they just trying to prevent the late night crowd from smashing another window?

Posted on: 2016/11/25 22:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
how is this vomit of the mouth place still in business....amazing.

Posted on: 2016/10/14 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
LOL, Thank you for catching that.

Have you dined there, and if yes, what is your opinion of the cuisine?

Quote:

HamSandwichPark wrote:
[quote]
AlexC wrote:

Or maybe this place is for the white folks

[quote]

A sprinkle of racism....always the strongest way to end a review.
Good look.

Posted on: 2016/10/13 14:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/23 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
AlexC wrote:

[quote]

A sprinkle of racism....always the strongest way to end a review.
Good look.

Posted on: 2016/10/12 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I have not eaten at Pork Slope in Brooklyn, but if it's anything like Talde, I have to say it's lacking. The food is unimaginative, is not made of the highest ingredients that he is charging on the menu.

The take on Asian "fusion" is disjointed. Kare-Kare with egg noodles with the bagoong (shrimp fry) supposedly mixed in there for flavor? Fail.

The MC Bao meat was tough, Filipino Barbecue Pork - pork belly with Filipino style BBQ sauce. It was watery and the fatty part was not cooked crispy enough. I make them much better.

If you guys think this restaurant was? is good, then you should dine out more

Quote:

tamard wrote:

Any updates on the rumors about Talde JC closing?

Dale Talde's Pork Slope Closed

Posted on: 2016/10/12 17:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Any updates on the rumors about Talde JC closing?

Dale Talde's Pork Slope Closed

Posted on: 2016/10/12 17:01

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/9 1:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Any chance that this is related? http://ny.eater.com/2016/8/2/12352788/serpico-nyc

Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
Yes - as in Stephen.

Quote:

PRA71 wrote:
As in Stephen? That would be great!

Posted on: 2016/8/3 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Yes - as in Stephen.

Quote:

PRA71 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/6/2 17:05

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/1 13:25
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/6/2 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

radryan03 wrote:
Rumor is Starr is eying the Bell & Grey space.

White Star? According to the link below, they're opening "Mathew's Downtown" around the corner in the La Conguita's old space.

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=402255

Posted on: 2016/6/2 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Rumor is Starr is eying the Bell & Grey space.

Posted on: 2016/6/2 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/21 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:

- No one bothering to take dishes away as they emptied.

I am just surprised you managed to empty your dishes. They all taste like vomit, disgusting horrible food.

After i ate at this place, i started avoiding any restaurants that has the word "asian fusion" in them. It just makes me lose my appetite thinking about the disgusting salty crap served at talde.

Posted on: 2016/6/1 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jackp wrote:
Overpriced, overrated, and not part of the local community. Probably out of business by the end of the year. Hopefully something more wallet friendly will take its place, perhaps even 2-3 places as the space is subdivided.

Not part of the community ?

Oh! The Horror, The Horror.

So where do you go for rocky mountain oysters now in DTJC ?

Posted on: 2016/6/1 15:20

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/16 20:24
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
They're for sale for a reason

Posted on: 2016/6/1 12:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/9 18:01
From Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Overpriced, overrated, and not part of the local community. Probably out of business by the end of the year. Hopefully something more wallet friendly will take its place, perhaps even 2-3 places as the space is subdivided.

Posted on: 2016/6/1 11:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Abe_Froman wrote:
Ate here Friday night, never experienced such an "I don't give a @#$*" attitude from restaurant staff. It was hilarious. Pretty much failed at every service point

- Served food before plates and utensils/napkins were at the table... and missing utensils in one case. Some dude who looked like a Floor Manager was "mortified", after we flagged him down.
- Waitress never stopped by to ask about refills. Would have had a second cocktail or beer, so we spent/tipped less than we could have.
- Watched bus boys, waitress and floor manager pass our table for 10/15 minutes after we finished before finally clearing the table. Only cleared when we asked, floor manager dude looked right at all the crap on our table with no one eating/drinking and just walked on by.
- I'm sure there were more things I am forgetting.

Food is still "OK", maybe portion sizes shrinking and plating a bit sloppy. Whoever is managing this place is completely out to lunch, and the staff acts as if they have no clue their tip is associated directly with the service/experience. Place was 1/3-1/2 empty at peak dinner on a Friday when Newark Ave was packed with people...
maybe people are voting with their feet. i refuse to patronize a restaurant where the waiters have attitude; i'd rather go to a restaurant where the food is ok/good and the wait staff go out of their way to make sure the customer has an enjoyable experience

Posted on: 2016/6/1 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/9 5:56
Group:
Registered Users
Ate here Friday night, never experienced such an "I don't give a @#$*" attitude from restaurant staff. It was hilarious. Pretty much failed at every service point

- Served food before plates and utensils/napkins were at the table... and missing utensils in one case. Some dude who looked like a Floor Manager was "mortified", after we flagged him down.
- Waitress never stopped by to ask about refills. Would have had a second cocktail or beer, so we spent/tipped less than we could have.
- Watched bus boys, waitress and floor manager pass our table for 10/15 minutes after we finished before finally clearing the table. Only cleared when we asked, floor manager dude looked right at all the crap on our table with no one eating/drinking and just walked on by.
- I'm sure there were more things I am forgetting.

Food is still "OK", maybe portion sizes shrinking and plating a bit sloppy. Whoever is managing this place is completely out to lunch, and the staff acts as if they have no clue their tip is associated directly with the service/experience. Place was 1/3-1/2 empty at peak dinner on a Friday when Newark Ave was packed with people...

Posted on: 2016/5/31 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/5 14:16
Group:
Registered Users
I was looking forward to a spicy ginger slush from the Kelvin machine when I stopped by Talde on a nice day a couple weeks ago, but it was gone from its place behind the bar. The staff told me it needed repairs almost equal to the cost of a new unit, and so there were no immediate plans to put it back into service. Meanwhile? Kelvin is advertising on its website that Talde Miami Beach will have one of their machines, but neither the Jersey City nor Brooklyn locations are listed. Hmmm.

There are only about four menu items I really enjoyed at Talde, and while I normally don?t get excited about cocktails, especially frozen ones, that drink was one of them.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 16:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 13:44
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:
my friend is a huge top chef fan and is visiting for the weekend and I think that we are going to head over (I have been a few times when they first opened.. I agree with PP - it's not bad but the bill turned me off to going there as a casual "hey let's grab something cause I don't want to cook tonight" place and put it into "date night" area which it wasn't the best atmosphere for)

any thoughts on a crew of like 6 people going there Saturday night at like 7/8 pm? do they do reservations? we wanted to just get an appetizer or two and a drink (the idea is to do a bit of a "bar crawl" around JC since her and husband are from the burbs w kids and "never do anything fun")

also thinking of a taco and margarita (or tequila shot) at Orale and maybe a drink and the bacon wrapped onion rings at Southhouse (never eaten there but heard that app is good and the drinks are great)

any other stops you think that we should make (mainly on Newark/Grove restaurant row since its going to be a little cold Saturday night and I rather not be walking all over town)

figure if we are still hungry after that we can always get a pizza or something late night

I would skip Talde for sure, Downtown Taqueria is off the main drag but I think the guac is deelish and margaritas better than Orale. Not a fan of South Houses food (first time I went tried the bacon onion rings, just tasted like a big piece of bacon, nothing special at all), def 3rd and Vine, Archer,good choices.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 14:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:
my friend is a huge top chef fan and is visiting for the weekend and I think that we are going to head over (I have been a few times when they first opened.. I agree with PP - it's not bad but the bill turned me off to going there as a casual "hey let's grab something cause I don't want to cook tonight" place and put it into "date night" area which it wasn't the best atmosphere for)

any thoughts on a crew of like 6 people going there Saturday night at like 7/8 pm? do they do reservations? we wanted to just get an appetizer or two and a drink (the idea is to do a bit of a "bar crawl" around JC since her and husband are from the burbs w kids and "never do anything fun")

also thinking of a taco and margarita (or tequila shot) at Orale and maybe a drink and the bacon wrapped onion rings at Southhouse (never eaten there but heard that app is good and the drinks are great)

any other stops you think that we should make (mainly on Newark/Grove restaurant row since its going to be a little cold Saturday night and I rather not be walking all over town)

figure if we are still hungry after that we can always get a pizza or something late night

Its a little bit west of the main drag, but Union Republic has some nice stuff. Had awesome curried mussels and peanut lime beef ramen there Saturday.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 0:50

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/12 16:59
From 2nd St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:

check out the Archer. Was impressed with the food and drinks. Mmm...VENISON CORN DOGS

I second Archer. I can't speak of the food, but the cocktails are the best in the JC (along with third and vine, in my humble opinion). At 14 bucks they are pricey, and most of the time out of my price point, but it's definitely worth it if fancy cocktails are your thing. Treat yo self!

If you like bloody Marys, get the michelada at orale, g?ey.

Skip Talde. Save yourself the headache.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:

To an earlier post that mentioned "we need a theater or something to draw folks out", I'd argue that Hoboken has no such theater and restaurants there seem to be doing a brisk business.

That was me (or at least I've mentioned it in the past). It was more geared at the 'high end restaurant segment. You need to draw in people from outside of DTJC if you're charging as much as 30 Acres, and if you want to draw people in from further away they need something to do besides eat.

JC can sustain a few of those places, but for a while it seemed like every new place was a dining 'experience'.

Anyway, I'm just talking out my arse based on a gut feeling, so who the hell knows.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sillyscorp wrote:

check out the Archer. Was impressed with the food and drinks. Mmm...VENISON CORN DOGS

Posted on: 2016/3/16 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/29 17:59
Group:
Registered Users
And that Bowtie Theatre is really helping that NW section of Hoboken... besides the Pilsner House there are a number of little restaurants/bars in that area that must get foot traffic for that theatre.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Re Hoboken movie theater - yes, that's true & thanks for the reminder - the fact that it's not too crowded it also a huge plus.

It's a schlepp from Washington Street, though, where most of the dining options are concentrated.

If I were opening up a restaurant here, I'd aim for a price point that folks didn't have to think twice about. If the price point is above $50, I'd prefer a nice, cozy atmosphere rather than say, 30 Acres...with it's ice cream parlor sized tables, all squished together.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 17:00

(1) 2 3 4 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017