Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: OMG, I saw traffic tickets being given!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
It must be said though that is a terribly designed, signposted and lane marked piece of road.

Most drivers would find it difficult to drive fully in accordance with the markings and signs without prior local knowledge of what is coming.

If you are driving straight across from Bright street north, you first find yourself in a right turn only lane with little to no warning, then, assuming you managed to stay in the correct lane for that part, the next block you find yourself in the wrong lane again as suddenly a left turn only lane looms with short warning.

During busy times you have cars beside you so it is difficult to make these two lane changes in order to legally maintain your northbound progress.

Robin.

Any idea how the intersections at Monmouth and Newark/2nd are supposed to work? As you approach 2nd going North on Monmouth, there's a left-only lane. Then there's 20 feet of another left-only lane approaching Newark Ave. I treat both left-only's as a left for Newark, because how many people are really turning on 2nd? And how ridiculous would it be for everyone taking a left on Newark to sit in a long line of people going straight only to get 20 feet of dedicated turning?

The left turning lane is for the next intersection, not two "down the road".

That is silly though.

Quite true it's silly. It's obviously for Newark, but technically JCDweller is right I guess.

Posted on: 2016/5/21 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:
It must be said though that is a terribly designed, signposted and lane marked piece of road.

Most drivers would find it difficult to drive fully in accordance with the markings and signs without prior local knowledge of what is coming.

If you are driving straight across from Bright street north, you first find yourself in a right turn only lane with little to no warning, then, assuming you managed to stay in the correct lane for that part, the next block you find yourself in the wrong lane again as suddenly a left turn only lane looms with short warning.

During busy times you have cars beside you so it is difficult to make these two lane changes in order to legally maintain your northbound progress.

Robin.

Any idea how the intersections at Monmouth and Newark/2nd are supposed to work? As you approach 2nd going North on Monmouth, there's a left-only lane. Then there's 20 feet of another left-only lane approaching Newark Ave. I treat both left-only's as a left for Newark, because how many people are really turning on 2nd? And how ridiculous would it be for everyone taking a left on Newark to sit in a long line of people going straight only to get 20 feet of dedicated turning?

That is silly though.

Posted on: 2016/5/21 1:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/5/21 0:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/5/20 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Finally! Among the many traffic signs & signals being ignored in JC, drivers, including school buses, have been routinely ignoring the "right turn only" lane on Monmouth @ Columbus, today I saw a cop with 4 cars pulled over on the N side. I can only wonder how she got 4 at once.

Maybe this will become an annual event, just like the "BUS ONLY LEFT TURN" sign at Columbus and Marin is only enforced during the holiday season. The city could make a killing by making it a point to enforce that sign once per week.

I bike through that intersection everyday and it pisses me off to no small degree that 90% of the time the officers assigned to that duty are sitting at the corner sipping starbucks and not blocking cars from making that turn. Last Friday afternoon NONE of the officers were on duty and the intersection was a complete fluster cluck with cars blocking the box.

I will also add that pedestrians (which is an ever increasing number, especially now that the Farmers Market is back) also make things worse by failing to observe the pedestrian walk signal, which is a DELAYED walk sign to allow for buses to make the turn and not get stuck mid crossing. Drivers making the left turn are doing so illegally, and should be ticketed, but it would also help the situation if people paid attention, or perhaps add a sign alerting pedestrians to the fact the walk signal is a delayed one.

Posted on: 2016/5/19 14:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Finally! Among the many traffic signs & signals being ignored in JC, drivers, including school buses, have been routinely ignoring the "right turn only" lane on Monmouth @ Columbus, today I saw a cop with 4 cars pulled over on the N side. I can only wonder how she got 4 at once.

Maybe this will become an annual event, just like the "BUS ONLY LEFT TURN" sign at Columbus and Marin is only enforced during the holiday season. The city could make a killing by making it a point to enforce that sign once per week.

I bike through that intersection everyday and it pisses me off to no small degree that 90% of the time the officers assigned to that duty are sitting at the corner sipping starbucks and not blocking cars from making that turn. Last Friday afternoon NONE of the officers were on duty and the intersection was a complete fluster cluck with cars blocking the box.

Posted on: 2016/5/19 13:32
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/26 20:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dtmot wrote:
That has to be the worst enforced sign in the city

Actually, it's about a 1,600-way tie for first. I defy anyone to point to a sign that isn't parking related that is enforced even occasionally.

Posted on: 2016/5/19 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/19 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:
Quote:

brewster wrote:
[quote]
tern wrote:
I think most dirvers would find it difficult to drive fully in accordance with the markings and signs without prior local knowledge of what is coming.

Yes, I've been caught by turn lanes in strange neighborhoods, but it's pretty clear a lot of it is deliberate, especially a school bus or other obviously local professional drivers.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i can't wait until they hhave drones to identify and fine all the innocent lawbreakers

Care to explain your oxymoron?
you know who you is! one of those speeders does NOT stop at the stop sign, but then says he/she did nothing wrong when pulled over

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

brewster wrote:
[quote]
tern wrote:
I think most dirvers would find it difficult to drive fully in accordance with the markings and signs without prior local knowledge of what is coming.

Yes, I've been caught by turn lanes in strange neighborhoods, but it's pretty clear a lot of it is deliberate, especially a school bus or other obviously local professional drivers.

Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i can't wait until they hhave drones to identify and fine all the innocent lawbreakers

Care to explain your oxymoron?

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
was the officer in question also a unicorn?

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
fulop needs to balance the books. he doesn't want to be impeached like dilma rouseff of brazil.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:36

Edited by tern on 2016/5/18 22:53:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/19 17:02
From downtown
Group:
Registered Users
That has to be the worst enforced sign in the city it's annoying and frankly dangerous how that right turn only is ignored especially when your in the proper lane and crossing over to the left side after crossing CCD.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

brewster wrote:

The biggest jerks are the ones that zip up the right lane, then cut into the left lane and go left on Newark.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 21:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 18:00
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Wonders will never cease. I work at home in the Village neighborhood and have seen parking enforcement come through about 10 times, give or take, in the past two or three weeks, checking permit stickers, noting times of non-permitted interlopers parked on the streets, giving tickets, etc ... so odd!

Posted on: 2016/5/18 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Well, that's hopeful. I used to live at Dixon Mills for years and that was NEVER enforced.

Posted on: 2016/5/18 20:28

OMG, I saw traffic tickets being given!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2016/5/18 20:06

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017