Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Taxes cuts not spurring growth in Kansas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Hero, show me an example here is the US of a successful liberal monetary policy. California? NJ? Detroit? Camden?

When Forbes publishes an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works, you should probably pay attention. Thankfully, this isn't a pathetic ad hominem piece masquerading as research like the last link on this page...

Objection: Appeal to Authority Fallacy

I wasn't appealing to authority. I was pointing out that a noted right wing magazine has chosen to publish a piece written by a heavy investor, a field not full of left wing nuts, to argue in favor of a left wing policy.

Ok, and this means what?

Some evidence is just too strong to argue against...

Forbes publishing an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works is evidence of what?

You could choose to read it. Or you can argue about the point of the link, which has been made already.

Despite the awful article posted previously, I gave it an effort. I just didn't like reading strawman arguments followed by ad hominems. It is intellectually lazy.

I'm not arguing about the content within article. That's a separate point.

I'm just asking how Forbes publishing an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works is evidence of anything?

They aren't separate.

To answer your latter question... right wingers admit left wing policies work. The fact that I have to simplify this point is rather absurd.

Yes, it's clearly separate as I'm not commenting on the content of the article.

I'm asking how right wingers admitting that left wing policies work is actually evidence that a policy works.

And yes, it is absurd.

Posted on: 2016/4/29 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Hero, show me an example here is the US of a successful liberal monetary policy. California? NJ? Detroit? Camden?

When Forbes publishes an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works, you should probably pay attention. Thankfully, this isn't a pathetic ad hominem piece masquerading as research like the last link on this page...

I wasn't appealing to authority. I was pointing out that a noted right wing magazine has chosen to publish a piece written by a heavy investor, a field not full of left wing nuts, to argue in favor of a left wing policy.

Ok, and this means what?

Forbes publishing an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works is evidence of what?

You could choose to read it. Or you can argue about the point of the link, which has been made already.

Despite the awful article posted previously, I gave it an effort. I just didn't like reading strawman arguments followed by ad hominems. It is intellectually lazy.

I'm just asking how Forbes publishing an account from an investor arguing that Keynesian economics works is evidence of anything?

They aren't separate.

To answer your latter question... right wingers admit left wing policies work. The fact that I have to simplify this point is rather absurd.

Posted on: 2016/4/27 14:30
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ok, and this means what?

Posted on: 2016/4/27 14:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
"2. The Gamer
This fellow?s liberal arts education is finally starting to pay off?in the form of condescending, pseudo-intellectual rebukes straight out of his 100-level university rhetoric class.

Be careful, you?re dealing with a master debater?on a good day, he speaks eight words of Latin.
You know this guy. He fancies himself an elevated thinker and attempts to prove it by repeatedly parroting terms like ?straw man? and ?ad hominem,? no matter the context. Be careful, you?re dealing with a master debater?on a good day, he speaks eight words of Latin.

His profile pic is a CGI swordsman and his cover photo an homage to ?Fallout 4,? which he?s already beaten despite its release just weeks ago. He?ll pwn you too if you insist on pointing out the obvious economic flaws in Obamacare because, even though he?s never paid a bill in his life, it?s allowed him to stay on his mother?s insurance for another two years while he finds himself. He?s feeling the Bern alright?universal healthcare means he may never have to move.

Use extreme caution around this one. Didn?t I tell you? He almost passed that rhetoric class. Still has the book, too, in case he needs to quickly reference a fallacy, or a coaster for his milk when his mom brings him more waffles.

But don?t let his unwarranted condescension and poorly formed logic derail you. Chances are your arguments are perfectly solid, unlike the gelatinous liquid swarming with flies in the piles of cereal bowls that litter his basement bedroom."

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/15/h ... ng-social-media-personas/

Posted on: 2016/4/27 13:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/22 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
You can't have both ways. If you believe our President that we have recovered from the economic crisis then thhe there is no need for Keynesian economics

Posted on: 2016/4/26 21:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ok, and this means what?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 21:30
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ok, and this means what?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 20:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
what's pathetic is you trying to call Republicans pathetic while citing rachel maddow and msnbc articles, SMFH

Quote:

So pathetic that you can't tell difference between right wing Fox Noise and mainstream media, MSNBC. So pathetic...

Posted on: 2016/4/26 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ok, and this means what?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 20:03
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
what's pathetic is you trying to call Republicans pathetic while citing rachel maddow and msnbc articles, SMFH

Quote:

Posted on: 2016/4/26 19:55
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Ok, and this means what?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
@moby. California is in horrible shape. They owe billions. I guess u think 1 yr of a surplus and all problems are solved. How much is a gallon of gas there? And Pebble, I guess you and your kensean belief feel we should continue to spend for the next how many years?

Posted on: 2016/4/26 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
And be my guest and pay more takes if you think it is the answer.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 18:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Kill me all you guys want. But tax and overspend does not work. Living within your means does

Posted on: 2016/4/26 18:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/26 16:26
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/26 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:48
From 8th st
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Did you just try and list places you think are liberal? One, states can't have their own monetary policy (nevermind cities) so it is a nonsensical question. Two, CA is in pretty great shape right now, so your list of, what I must assume you thought to be failures, is pretty amusing.

http://www.capradio.org/articles/2015 ... -surplus-nears-$1-billion

Posted on: 2016/4/26 14:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

Posted on: 2016/4/26 13:55
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
[quote]
hero69 wrote:
even fellow republicans are desserting this idiot governor!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kansas- ... s-tax-cuts-055057812.html

Economics 101: Demand has to come before Supply
That's why Tax cut won't lead to grofwth. It's not that complicated.[/quote

Economics 101 reads: Don't spend more then you earn.

That's not true. If that's true, millions of people won't be able to buy houses. There is a thing, called mortgage in case you don't know (I got two!). If it is planned well, borrowing and spending more than you earn is the right financial decision.

Posted on: 2016/4/26 12:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

135jc wrote:

I highly suspect that you're getting your info from dubious and biased sources. Otherwise expert economic analysis would know that monetary policy is set at the federal level and by the Fed. I think you meant to say fiscal policy which states, cities, municipalities can set. And that's real Economics 101. But you know if Rush, Hannity & Levin say it, it must be right [end sarcasm].

Posted on: 2016/4/23 21:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
[quote]
hero69 wrote:
even fellow republicans are desserting this idiot governor!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kansas- ... s-tax-cuts-055057812.html

Economics 101: Demand has to come before Supply
That's why Tax cut won't lead to grofwth. It's not that complicated.[/quote

Economics 101 reads: Don't spend more then you earn.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 13:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/4/23 13:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Agree with that.

Posted on: 2016/4/23 13:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Why The Left And Others Fear Fundamental State Tax Reform

http://www.investors.com/politics/vie ... amental-state-tax-reform/

Posted on: 2016/4/21 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
I only found beer purchased at the liquor store to be on the high priced side. However, bars seemed quite fine in Sydney.

As for the topic... It is well understood by the anyone with two functioning brain cells that conservative ideology leads to poor economies of scale.

Louisiana is going through the same process. Jindal went in with a $1b surplus, received $3b in stimulus and now the state is in a $3b deficit hole.

Our own state has had its credit rating downgraded continuously since Christie started handing out freebies to corporations while choosing to not fund contracts.

Michigan is watching as a Republican governor essentially murdered people with poisoned water because emergency managers decided they just knew better.

North Carolina is watching as their bigoted conservatives principles have run businesses out of the state and artists are refusing to visit. Tennessee took note and chose to see how far this goes before they join the bigot parade.

Democratic principles do not always lead to results that benefit everyone. Some of the ideas are not the greatest. However, when weighed against the absolute fact that these conservative movements are bankrupting states morally and fiscally, there really is no argument.
what amazes me is that conservatives idealogues can always find a reason to excuse the failure of their ideas

Posted on: 2016/4/20 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I only found beer purchased at the liquor store to be on the high priced side. However, bars seemed quite fine in Sydney.

As for the topic... It is well understood by the anyone with two functioning brain cells that conservative ideology leads to poor economies of scale.

Louisiana is going through the same process. Jindal went in with a $1b surplus, received $3b in stimulus and now the state is in a $3b deficit hole.

Our own state has had its credit rating downgraded continuously since Christie started handing out freebies to corporations while choosing to not fund contracts.

Michigan is watching as a Republican governor essentially murdered people with poisoned water because emergency managers decided they just knew better.

North Carolina is watching as their bigoted conservatives principles have run businesses out of the state and artists are refusing to visit. Tennessee took note and chose to see how far this goes before they join the bigot parade.

Democratic principles do not always lead to results that benefit everyone. Some of the ideas are not the greatest. However, when weighed against the absolute fact that these conservative movements are bankrupting states morally and fiscally, there really is no argument.

Posted on: 2016/4/20 18:13
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Australia has a $15 minimum wage.....Germany has much better social benefits

I think it is AU$16 now.

A minimum wage of AU$15 < US$12. Younger people working in industries like retail or fast food get paid less. Pay is based on a rather Byzantine set of pay scales based on a person's age, job experience, and job type. After adjusting for the exchange rate, a fast food worker in Oz could be making less than the US federal minimum wage.

Pay also doesn't go as far as Oz land has higher taxation and the overall higher costs for consumer goods than in the US (food, rent, restaurant prices, etc). When you adjust for the difference in purchasing power the AU$16 goes down to under $10.
i've never found prices in australia in sydney or melborne to be any crazier than in ny or san francisco

Posted on: 2016/4/19 22:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

I think it is AU$16 now.

A minimum wage of AU$15 < US$12. Younger people working in industries like retail or fast food get paid less. Pay is based on a rather Byzantine set of pay scales based on a person's age, job experience, and job type. After adjusting for the exchange rate, a fast food worker in Oz could be making less than the US federal minimum wage.

Pay also doesn't go as far as Oz land has higher taxation and the overall higher costs for consumer goods than in the US (food, rent, restaurant prices, etc). When you adjust for the difference in purchasing power the AU$16 goes down to under $10.

Yeah, restaurant prices in Oz are like 50% higher than those in the US. Houses are crazy expensive, too. Is it VAT, or what? I know that in Europe the socialist systems are being propped up by crazy expensive VAT rates on goods and services and crazy gasoline taxes. That is actually what worries me in the present political landscape in the US -that we are heading towards socialism with its attendant high tax rates, high minimum wages, and high prices.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 20:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:

I think it is AU$16 now.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
People tend to forget two opposing ideas do not always have equal values.

Far right opinions of Rush Limbaugh & Bill O'Reilly do not have equal values as opinions of "mainstream" political pundits.

Just like "Man made climate change" and "Climate conspiracy" do not have equal values although they are two opposing ideas.

Same can be said for Spherical Earth vs. Flat Earth, Evolution vs. Creationism, Heliocentrism vs. Geocentrism.

One side is usually of the mainstream and the other is of the fringe.

Posted on: 2016/4/19 18:39

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017