Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: infant daycare options in downtown JC?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/29 11:21
From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for the reply.

Posted on: 2017/7/29 11:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Re Growing Tree - were you aware of this incident a few years ago? Other than 9/11, I can't recall seeing that level of emergency workers out in full force for those kids...

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style ... -report-article-1.1936256

As a parent with a child attending at the time, I think the school dealt with the issue appropriately. Parents were notified, the teacher who was responsible was fired immediately and the school implemented SOPs to address this and prevent it and similar situations from happening in the future.

Posted on: 2017/7/28 18:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
We used Scandi School and were pleased with at the time - be careful if switching to another daycare or school setting as their application and fees are due ahead of other school's admission notification and the tuition deposit is non refundable. We pulled our daughter out before kindergarden (which was recently started there) and have head mixed reviews from parents whose children stayed on for it.

At HPMS and very happy now.

Re Growing Tree - were you aware of this incident a few years ago? Other than 9/11, I can't recall seeing that level of emergency workers out in full force for those kids...

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style ... -report-article-1.1936256

Posted on: 2017/7/28 18:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sserithclarks wrote:
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
I think The Brunswick School is great. One thing that I like about it that other schools might not have is its private parking lot which makes it a lot easier to bring our children via car when we decide to do so (usually we walk). I also like how it has its own private outdoor play area. Some schools don't have that. I also like how they have their own washer/dryer for washing the children's clothes if it is necessary. I like the way they work on potty training when the time for that training comes. I like the cleanliness, the openness, and the brightness of the facility. I like how they don't follow the holiday/vacation schedule of the Jersey City public schools which means that when other schools are closed they are open. I like the food they prepare on-site in their own kitchen for the children. And the management/teachers have been a pleasure to work with.

Hello,
Can you please suggest me what is the fee of Brunswick School? And also Can you tell Do they provide food facility for kids??

All the answers you seek can be found through their website. Here is a link: http://thebrunswickschool.com/wp-cont ... -2017-to-2018-Tuition.png

Depending on age, you are looking between $1,400 - $2,000 per month for full day tuition. The full day tuition includes breakfast, lunch and two snacks.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 14:47

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/1 13:25
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We've been at Brunswick for about two years now. Our son started when he was 13 months. Just so you know, their infant room starts at 6 months. The school has been wonderful and I echo everyone's comments. The kitchen staff is amazing and I'm so thankful for all of the foods they have gotten my son to eat because he doesn't have the greatest variety at home. I'm also incredibly thankful that I don't have to prepare a box of food every morning to send to school. They take care of all of his food needs and they give him a great variety.

Posted on: 2017/7/25 12:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/29 11:21
From Canada
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
I think The Brunswick School is great. One thing that I like about it that other schools might not have is its private parking lot which makes it a lot easier to bring our children via car when we decide to do so (usually we walk). I also like how it has its own private outdoor play area. Some schools don't have that. I also like how they have their own washer/dryer for washing the children's clothes if it is necessary. I like the way they work on potty training when the time for that training comes. I like the cleanliness, the openness, and the brightness of the facility. I like how they don't follow the holiday/vacation schedule of the Jersey City public schools which means that when other schools are closed they are open. I like the food they prepare on-site in their own kitchen for the children. And the management/teachers have been a pleasure to work with.

Hello,
Can you please suggest me what is the fee of Brunswick School? And also Can you tell Do they provide food facility for kids??

Posted on: 2017/7/25 5:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/26 18:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you all for the feedback! It seems like people have many positive things to say about The Brunswick School, which is reassuring for us.

Posted on: 2016/4/1 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Lol our kids probably are in the same class!

I agree with almost all of the points Adonis made.

They did just release the 2016-2017 schedule and they are closed a lot more then they were this year. I think it was 6 additional days and they appeared to be a much more traditional school schedule. And there were a couple of "in-service" days added in.

That said the place is great everyone I've taken there has been floored by the spaciousness, the friendly staff, and the results that they get out of our child. At the onset there was a little unevenness in general administration of the school, but I think since the start of the year things have gotten much better and communication has significantly picked up. That said the care for my child has always been exemplary.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions, we have been there since the 2nd or 3rd month they opened.

Quote:

Adonis wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/31 18:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/1 13:25
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I can't speak for the infant room as our son started at Brunswick school when he was 1. We've enjoyed the experience. The foods they have introduced have been great - beet hummus, chia pudding, etc. The teachers seem to be engaged and the rooms and school are bright and inviting. I too appreciate the parking lot for drop off/pick up although the stroller room is nice as well. Although they had very few off days this year, next years schedule will include a lot more holidays - MLK, President's Day, Good Friday and the two days leading up to Labor Day.

Posted on: 2016/3/31 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/31 17:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/26 18:36
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I would be interested in hearing more about The Brunswick School. We are considering it for our infant, but would love to get more feedback on the program.

Posted on: 2016/3/31 16:26

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/3 15:29
Group:
Registered Users
Another vote for the Growing Tree. Our nearly 3 year old has been there since 6 months and will be there for another year. On every objective measure, she's ahead of the curve and subjectively it's been a great experience. They are flexible, attentive and care for the children very well.

One caveat, though. In the last few months, the influx of new daycare facilities willing to pay a premium for experienced staff has increased turnover. The new hires have been great, commonly family or friends of those already working there. However, it seems rates and pay will need to increase in order to attract and retain great talent. I hope UCP recognizes the changing market and adjusts accordingly.

The manager, Sandra, is great and I have full confidence they'll figure it out.

Posted on: 2016/3/19 2:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/12 1:21
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I highly recommend Growing Tree II on 5th/Grove. We were there roughly four years until my youngest "graduated" last year. Its a very warm and loving environment and the staff are wonderful. The baby room in particular has a great reputation.

http://www.thegrowingtreejc.com/

Posted on: 2016/3/18 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
We are very happy with Genesis Education Center

Diverse, spacious, and low staff turnover--I was thrilled to see many familiar faces from when our friends' kids were there 5+ years ago.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
FWIW, there's a Kiddie Academy opening up near Enos Park (9th and Brunswick) in the new condo building. I can't speak to whether the chain is good or not, but at least there wouldn't be a wait list.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 19:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/5/16 18:56
Group:
Registered Users
My son was at Growing Tree for two years until we moved from downtown. We were really happy with the program and I could tel they really loved my son.

Posted on: 2016/3/17 19:30

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/30 20:38
From Bay street
Group:
Registered Users
Hello,

my son goes to Smart Start Academy on Newark between Bay and Jersey Ave. We love them, but it might be full.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/smart-start-academy-jersey-city

Posted on: 2016/3/17 19:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/14 15:34
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
My kiddo goes to the Brunswick School.

They do a super job with our 3 year old.

I have friends with kids in the lower levels and they have very good things to say about it as well.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 16:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 10:24
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
My kid went to River School on Warren Street. Highly recommend it. Only thing is, check with their availability and put your son on the wait list if there is no spot immediately available.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 16:34

infant daycare options in downtown JC?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/14 2:06
From 2nd Floor on Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We're going to be looking for a daycare in the downtown area for a 3-month old soon. Does anyone here use one that they really like and would recommend?

Note: we are not looking to have a nanny at this point for various reasons, so please only respond with daycare options.

Posted on: 2016/3/16 16:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017