Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Paulus Hook Condos for Rent?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
motod wrote: . . . but pretty locked into the Cornelia Bradford school

Should have said that in the first place.

I knew people in Paulus Hook whose kids had to go to Frank R Conwell School. They couldn't get into Cornelia F Bradford.

Posted on: 2016/3/31 2:02

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/7 1:49
From TBD
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks all, we would definitely consider Hamilton House and other areas but pretty locked into the Cornelia Bradford school, hence the Paulus Hook request. Our budget is $5000-$6000 so hoping we can get something pretty decent, even though we know it won't be a palace.

Posted on: 2016/3/31 1:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcgirl wrote:
Paulus Hook will be more than Grove - it is the most expensive area in JC

You may want to look at current rental rates. Comparable units (say, similar size 2bd or 3bd) are going for higher in the new buildings going up close to Grove. The proximity to PATH is a big seller for new NYC refugees. I went through this myself recently.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 17:28

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/4/18 18:53
From Near the water, but on the land
Group:
Registered Users
Paulus Hook will be more than Grove - it is the most expensive area in JC

Posted on: 2016/3/30 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

motod wrote:
Good evening,

We're a family of 4 planning to move to Paulus Hook in July. Quite interested in some of the nice condo buildings close to the water that are mostly sales but may have some rentals. 77 Hudson has inventory and looks beautiful but scared off by the massive number of bad reviews.

If you know anyone elsewhere in PH who may be interested in renting around that time, please let me know.

Seeking at least 1300sf (preferably more) and 2+bedrooms

Thanks!

You left out the most important piece of information: budget. A 3 bedroom condo at around ~1300sf in a new, luxury building and close to Grove will run just under 5K. In Paulus Hook you might be able to find a little lower (4.0 - 4.5K ?)

If you are open to other areas, check out the new Hamilton House. They have 3 bedrooms and you could potentially get one for around 4K. Finding a three bedroom condo or rental unit in DTJC is really hard. Very few places have them, and when they do, they only have a few. I thought this was odd (and, possibly a mistake) but from looking at how little they move, I guess it makes sense: there just aren't that many renters looking for that much space. Good luck with your search.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 9:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
From TBD
Group:
Registered Users
Honestly, some that I've walked by (exp. Sugarhouse) just looked very nice (at least from the outside) and we'd prefer a low/mid-rise. Have looked at 2 apartment buildings that for our purposes were ok but not great. Maybe better layouts will become available but right now making inquires about other options.

Posted on: 2016/3/30 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

motod wrote:
Good evening,

We're a family of 4 planning to move to Paulus Hook in July. Quite interested in some of the nice condo buildings close to the water that are mostly sales but may have some rentals. 77 Hudson has inventory and looks beautiful but scared off by the massive number of bad reviews.

If you know anyone elsewhere in PH who may be interested in renting around that time, please let me know.

Thanks!

Curious, why are looking to rent in a condo building, rather than rent in a regular rental building?

Posted on: 2016/3/30 2:35

Paulus Hook Condos for Rent?

Hide User information
Last Login :
From TBD
Group:
Registered Users
Good evening,

Thanks!

Posted on: 2016/3/30 2:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017