Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Gay couple looking to move back to Dwtn JC or Hoboken
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/14 2:47
Group:
Registered Users
PH is super suburban, and that is what we love!

Posted on: 2016/3/29 19:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I had lived in PH (on Morris, by Washington), and now lives downtown (on Montgomery by Grove). PH is nice that it's very quite. However, I find downtown a lot more lively nowadays. I have a large number of restaurants to choose from that are all within a few blocks of walking, and I can always run out to get something quickly if needed - whatever that may be (the koreans delis, the Duane Reade, Choc o pain for bread, wonder begles, keyfood, etc). Whereas in PH it would be a much further trek (or one can go to the few options within PH).

So it really depends on what you're looking for. I like the convenience and the options, so Downtown is my preference.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 15:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:
Thanks for the replies and emails. We drove to JC and Hoboken to check it out and what 2 yrs do such booming towns. We changed our route to see if anyone is or would consider renting in the 3 condo building: Trump building, Crystal Pointe or the A condos all in JC. Again we would like a longer lease 2ys or more with one car parking, also we just lost our little dog ?? And we would possibly get another small dog under 15lbs. Thanks friends we hope to be part of the JC Community once again- Lets fight for Peace!!!

Be careful when renting in one of those buildings. You will be fairly isolated (not so neighborhood-ish which I infer you wanted based on first post - Trump is in a real dead zone for the time being; Crystal Pointe and the A are in Paulus Hook which are indeed neighborhoods but not yet so active though that may change quickly and is already evident), some notoriously done on the cheap, and others with astronomical electric/heating bills per month. Research, research, research.

Paulus Hook? You might want to do some more research yourself. :) jk

LOL My bad, had CP confused w another bldg. ;)

Posted on: 2016/3/28 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Man wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:
Thanks for the replies and emails. We drove to JC and Hoboken to check it out and what 2 yrs do such booming towns. We changed our route to see if anyone is or would consider renting in the 3 condo building: Trump building, Crystal Pointe or the A condos all in JC. Again we would like a longer lease 2ys or more with one car parking, also we just lost our little dog ?? And we would possibly get another small dog under 15lbs. Thanks friends we hope to be part of the JC Community once again- Lets fight for Peace!!!

Be careful when renting in one of those buildings. You will be fairly isolated (not so neighborhood-ish which I infer you wanted based on first post - Trump is in a real dead zone for the time being; Crystal Pointe and the A are in Paulus Hook which are indeed neighborhoods but not yet so active though that may change quickly and is already evident), some notoriously done on the cheap, and others with astronomical electric/heating bills per month. Research, research, research.

None of three building are in Paulus Hook - Paulus Hook is bound by Columbus Drive to the north, Marin Blvd to the west and the water east and south. Paulus Hook is one of the best if not the best neighborhoods in JC hands down.

My bad, I was thinking Crystal Pointe was in PH, but I had it confused w another bldg. :)

As far is if PH is one of the best neighborhoods in DT, that's all personal opinion so not worth arguing about. All depends on what a person wants and the OP will need to get a feel for that themselves.

Posted on: 2016/3/28 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Plenty of good neighborhoods downtown like Paulus Hook, HP, VVP, Harsimus. Personally I find the waterfront a bit soulless - folks are more neighborly the further west you go.

For rentals - I'd use this to get a sense of price and availability. I'd recommend close to Grove or Newport if you plan to spend time in the city.

http://www.nybits.com/search/dt_jersey_city.html

Posted on: 2016/3/28 12:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:

Paulus Hook? You might want to do some more research yourself. :) jk

Posted on: 2016/3/28 0:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:

None of three building are in Paulus Hook - Paulus Hook is bound by Columbus Drive to the north, Marin Blvd to the west and the water east and south. Paulus Hook is one of the best if not the best neighborhoods in JC hands down.

Posted on: 2016/3/27 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ItalianGuy525 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/3/27 18:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/3/27 3:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/12 22:36
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Keep an eye on Dixon Leasing. They do really beautiful renovations downtown.

This one's out of your price range at $6k/month but who knows what you can work out if you push for a 24 month lease.

Posted on: 2016/3/26 20:31

Gay couple looking to move back to Dwtn JC or Hoboken
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/17 3:02
From JC waterfront
Group:
Registered Users
We own a home in Fairfield County, with plans to sell it in the near future. If any private owners that what 2 meticulous guys and total neat freaks to rent their property, please consider us. Our home is fully renovated 1931 with updated modern with conviences, and yet with old architecture details. So you get the just of how we live. We're both non smokers, partiers and are pretty much home bodies. We see all the new buildings have gone up but they're just so blah and no charm. Ideally we don't want to spend no more the 5k monthly plus we wld have to find a nearby garage for the only one car we would bring. We're the best tenants and we always enhanced where we call home. We'd like maybe a single family brownstone preferably (hard find). We are looking for long term at least 2 years. Sorry for being long winded but at least you sort of understand our needs. Thanks for the read and Happy Spring ;)

Posted on: 2016/3/26 3:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017