Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Two Boots Pizza
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/3 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
Didn't someone steal a painting from their bathroom already? They need to have some sort of alarm on their artwork.

Posted on: 2016/7/6 16:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Painting stolen from Two Boots

One of the restaurant's surveillance cameras show two men and a woman leaving the restaurant when one of the men doubled back and snatched the small painting off the wall.

Full Story

Posted on: 2016/7/6 15:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/21 0:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
uhhh you realize there are Two Boots locations in Manhattan right?? It's possible you are just reaching to bitch about the JC location for no valid reason- but that wouldn't be much of a surprise!

TTP, you are correct, and what is it with these posters ? They must lose sleep wondering what 2 Boots is up to. These people have real problems other worrying about 2 Boots.

As much as I love a nap, the record fair was during daylight hours, so I didn't lose any sleep being there. I didn't lose any sleep typing my post either--did you?

Posted on: 2016/5/20 14:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bill wrote:
There are 2 locations in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn's a big place with lots of much-closer pizza places in Greenpoint. Seems like unfair competition.

Posted on: 2016/5/20 14:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
uhhh you realize there are Two Boots locations in Manhattan right?? It's possible you are just reaching to bitch about the JC location for no valid reason- but that wouldn't be much of a surprise!

TTP, you are correct, and what is it with these posters ? They must lose sleep wondering what 2 Boots is up to. These people have real problems other worrying about 2 Boots.

People complain about Two Boots because he lobbied the city to get the food trucks removed from Grove St Plaza so he could help his bottom line. At the expense of the public, who loved the food trucks.

And a bunch of other local businesses but because Two Boots was the only business owner to actually try to explain the reasoning to the deliberately obtuse posters on JCList they just harp on his business like it was just him. lol I'm sure their "boycott" of all those businesses really panned out and made a huge difference- that's why they keep up the bitching on here. It's their only outlet because in reality no one else gives a shit.

That is not entirely accurate. Aaron (owner of 2 Boots) was the ringleader with Drunk Jeff (owner of the Bistro) as his sidekick. Without Aaron this would NOT have happened and the residents of Jersey City would still have regular access to food trucks, as it is in every other modern city of comparable size.

In addition, I am friends with several business owners/GMs who signed that list and they all have stated that they now believe Aaron handled it incorrectly, aside from his rather poor reputation as a human being.

Regardless of how successful any boycott may be, none of the businesses on that list get any of my money. While I'm sure many of them will continue to do just fine, wait until the next recession hits.

yeah I'm sure the "boycott" will really be a huge factor in wether or not a business will make it through the next recession that you have no ETA for. Good plan.

Unsurprisingly, you do not understand the point of boycotts.

You know the next recession could mean your job as well.

make sense plz, thx

Posted on: 2016/5/3 1:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

People complain about Two Boots because he lobbied the city to get the food trucks removed from Grove St Plaza so he could help his bottom line. At the expense of the public, who loved the food trucks.

And a bunch of other local businesses but because Two Boots was the only business owner to actually try to explain the reasoning to the deliberately obtuse posters on JCList they just harp on his business like it was just him. lol I'm sure their "boycott" of all those businesses really panned out and made a huge difference- that's why they keep up the bitching on here. It's their only outlet because in reality no one else gives a shit.

That is not entirely accurate. Aaron (owner of 2 Boots) was the ringleader with Drunk Jeff (owner of the Bistro) as his sidekick. Without Aaron this would NOT have happened and the residents of Jersey City would still have regular access to food trucks, as it is in every other modern city of comparable size.

In addition, I am friends with several business owners/GMs who signed that list and they all have stated that they now believe Aaron handled it incorrectly, aside from his rather poor reputation as a human being.

Regardless of how successful any boycott may be, none of the businesses on that list get any of my money. While I'm sure many of them will continue to do just fine, wait until the next recession hits.

yeah I'm sure the "boycott" will really be a huge factor in wether or not a business will make it through the next recession that you have no ETA for. Good plan.

You know the next recession could mean your job as well.

Posted on: 2016/5/2 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

It's not a plan... I honestly don't care what happens to any of these businesses down the road, I've just made the conscious decision to take my money elsewhere. If all of these places survive and thrive, so be it. It just will be with someone else's money who doesn't have problem with their attitude toward food trucks and interfering with the free marketplace, and causing consumers to have fewer choices. If I'm not having any impact, oh well, but I'm glad to be supporting other businesses that don't pull this type of crap.

I'd love to hear now from these restaurants that engineered all this though. Has an end to the food trucks solved their problems and are they raking it in now? Are sales up and profits bigger? Would love to hear some anecdotal evidence.

Posted on: 2016/5/2 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 18:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

rescuelife wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 17:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/28 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:

Posted on: 2016/5/2 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
There are 2 locations in Brooklyn.

Posted on: 2016/5/2 13:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/5/1 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

chainsawhand wrote:
There is a Two Boots booth at the WFMU Record Fair at the Brooklyn Expo Center. Seems unfair to all those brick and mortar businesses local to Greenpoint, right?

Well he is a hypocrite so not surprising.

Posted on: 2016/5/1 15:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There is a Two Boots booth at the WFMU Record Fair at the Brooklyn Expo Center. Seems unfair to all those brick and mortar businesses local to Greenpoint, right?

Posted on: 2016/5/1 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like free markets are the answer for everything; until some guy in a food truck starts peddling tacos. Then the free marketers cry for government intervention.

I ate Two Boots all the time when I lived in the East Village and when they opened here. Haven't set foot there since all this came up. Their pizza tastes kind of bitter.

Posted on: 2016/3/1 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Food trucks are fine unless they pull up and park in front of someone else's business. Someone who's paying rent and has made a commitment to the location. Pure and simple. It's unfair competition.

You do realize that this is exactly what happens in a number of cities, yes? Including NYC. There's a whole row of them across the street from my friend's office on I believe W 46th. Like 8 trucks. There are numerous eating establishments on that block. If they can somehow coexist, then I'm pretty sure a few eateries here can, too.

Are you seriously comparing midtown Manhattan to Grove street??? yeah the food trucks work in major cities without affecting the restaurants because they also have WAY more people. This is a laughable comparison.

It means midtown Manhattan can support more restaurants and food trucks. It doesn't mean that JC can't support (well run) restaurants and food trucks in a populated area. You can have both.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 17:54

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/12 21:19
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I for one prefer bars to liquor stores. Actually, wait. Maybe liquor stores are better. Its too close to call.

And can they put some tomato sauce on the Newman. Its too dry and doughy.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 17:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
OK, so where does the line of demarcation end? Clearly you're not going with proximity, so where's the end point of what cities are large enough to permit this? And at what times? The much larger grouping of trucks and carts are there at prime lunch hours in a business district every weekday (and presumably some on a weekend). Compare that to a twice-a-week afternoon/evening in a mixed business/residential location.

I think the comparison stands (why am I arguing reasonably with a troll account again?) due to the time, length and your arbitrary endpoint of 'major'.

Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Food trucks are fine unless they pull up and park in front of someone else's business. Someone who's paying rent and has made a commitment to the location. Pure and simple. It's unfair competition.

You do realize that this is exactly what happens in a number of cities, yes? Including NYC. There's a whole row of them across the street from my friend's office on I believe W 46th. Like 8 trucks. There are numerous eating establishments on that block. If they can somehow coexist, then I'm pretty sure a few eateries here can, too.

Are you seriously comparing midtown Manhattan to Grove street??? yeah the food trucks work in major cities without affecting the restaurants because they also have WAY more people. This is a laughable comparison.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:
Quote:

val7101 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/2/29 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Food trucks are fine unless they pull up and park in front of someone else's business. Someone who's paying rent and has made a commitment to the location. Pure and simple. It's unfair competition. The Two Boots guy might be an ass, but those food trucks don't belong in the Grove St Path station and they shouldn't be parked in front of another business without permission regardless if it's a restaurant or not.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if a brick and mortar restaurant feels threatened by and/or loses business to a food truck, that restaurant has some serious fundamental problems as an operation. Really, the only brick and mortar places that should feel threatened by food trucks are those small, hole in the wall, greasy carryout places with little or no seating, and rightly so.

I'm also sick of these places claiming they "made a commitment to the neighborhood". Give me a break. They rented there because they thought there was money to be made. Nothing wrong with making money, but no business of any kind has any "commitment" to any neighborhood. They are there to make money, and they should also know the risks associated with locating in a particular neighborhood, competition from food trucks included.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

val7101 wrote:

Posted on: 2016/2/29 2:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
When those food trucks were all over the Grove St Path Station you can't tell me they didn't affect the business of the restaurants there.

Using your logic, there should only be one restaurant in a given area. (Because other restaurants will compete with the first one.) Clearly, that's nonsense.

Anyways, how much did they affect business? Where is the quantifiable evidence of their impact on other businesses?

Like I said, you are probably overstating the impact because a restaurant experience is different than a food truck experience.

And even if a restaurant DID lose business to a food truck, that's not a bad thing because the customer is getting a better value. Why should a customer have to settle for second best because their first choice is banned?

And in case you haven't noticed, downtown JC real estate is in high demand right now. Meaning, if a restaurant can't compete with a food truck, there are five more who can their place.

Quote:

Not to mention blocking the Duane Reade, not to mention spewing pollution into the square.

What pollution? And they didn't block Duane Reade. What are you talking about? You're grasping at straws here.

Quote:

THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN FRONT OF ANY BUSINESS WITHOUT PERMISSION.

Who's permission? The restaurants? They don't own the streets.

Quote:

Street vendors have to have to permits, get them permits and get them in locations where they don't disturb/block/compete with other businesses.

See above. Using your logic, there should only be one restaurant in a given area.

Quote:
Sorry, it goes against the hip and trendy, but fair is fair.

How is it unfair? You still haven't supported that assertion. And it's not about being hip and trendy, it's about serving the community and the community clearly prefers food trucks.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users
When those food trucks were all over the Grove St Path Station you can't tell me they didn't affect the business of the restaurants there. Not to mention blocking the Duane Reade, not to mention spewing pollution into the square. THEY SHOULDN'T BE IN FRONT OF ANY BUSINESS WITHOUT PERMISSION. Street vendors have to have to permits, get them permits and get them in locations where they don't disturb/block/compete with other businesses. Sorry, it goes against the hip and trendy, but fair is fair.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

val7101 wrote:
Food trucks are fine unless they pull up and park in front of someone else's business. Someone who's paying rent and has made a commitment to the location. Pure and simple. It's unfair competition. The Two Boots guy might be an ass, but those food trucks don't belong in the Grove St Path station and they shouldn't be parked in front of another business without permission regardless if it's a restaurant or not.

How could it possibly be unfair?

Anyways, eating at a food truck is a different experience than eating in a restaurant.

- When I'm going on a date
- When I'm celebrating something
- When I want full service
- When I want to sit down, etc etc

... I'm not going to a food truck.

And when I need to grab food and go within minutes.. I'm not going to a restaurant.

It's like comparing a bar to a liquor store. Different experiences.

Posted on: 2016/2/29 2:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/4/20 13:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/2/29 1:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just came back from London, Paris, and Amsterdam and thoroughly enjoyed the many different food truck options they had to offer. And it made me think how foolish and anti-community the JC government is for banning food trucks near Grove St.

Sure, Two Boots wants to ban it - but that's because they want to eliminate what they believe is to be competition. It's beyond wrong to use the government to ban your competitors but of course they wouldn't be the first to do so. Still, I'll never go back there and persuade my friends and family to do the same.

Point being, if great cities like London, Paris and Amsterdam have food trucks - why not Jersey City? Sure, JC is not as big as these cities but certainly downtown JC is hot enough to support restaurants and food trucks.

Hell, you can even look at cities like Austin, Boston, SF, Portland, Seattle, LA and of course Manhattan and Brooklyn for domestic success stories.

If JC wants to maximize its potential but offering its community as many options and amenities as possible, it'll allow the food trucks back near Grove St.

Posted on: 2016/2/28 23:57

(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017