Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: el sazon de las americas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
kinda torn. i like their food on some levels (great, cheap island-hispanic), but doing illegal gas-line work is fuk'd up. a friend of mine lived next door to that explosion on the LES, but was fortunately out of town when that happened.

how many of us know someone who lives or works on that block? now imagine that entire area as a crater because they screwed up the way those jackasses did. sketchy food - as long as it isn't making people sick - is possible to overlook on a lot of levels.

doing something that threatens the lives of hundreds of people immediately is a bit harder. sazon is probably gonna go on a sad, but growing list of local places i won't be giving money to because of various reasons. personally, i'll let this play out, but when i have a hankering for cheap dominican, i'll just go to quisqueya on bright in the meantime.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 18:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/23 21:08
Group:
Registered Users
I used to grab bfast there many times. Never sick.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
The one on Grove is filthy.

When I just moved here more than a decade ago they would refill plastic soda bottles and sell them as new from the restaurant. Took a couple times for me to realize it because the servers would always open my ginger ale before handing it to me. Figured it out after noticing that I never heard that burst of air when they opened the soda and the soda was flat.

Stopped buying the soda but got a serious case of food poisoning from there shortly after.

Eat at your own risk.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 17:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/1 5:25
Group:
Registered Users
They actually have another place on Bergen Ave. I'm guessing they haven't been cited for violations since they are still open and are on Grubhub. What's good over there?

Posted on: 2016/2/17 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Yo #OOPS# that picture.

Did you read the reply to the jerkoff that took that?

I'll paraphrase.

#OOPS# you, stupid picture taking opportunist. Do you know how hard it is to run a small business, especially in the restaurant industry? If you did, you'd probably help out the guy that just dropped an expensive order of beef down the stairs instead of standing there like a jerkoff taking a picture to clandestinely post to the internet to ridicule the poor guy for making a mistake.
Get bent, picture idiot.

I don't care if I ate floor steak. I'm still alive and it was delicious.

Full disclosure: This is my favorite restaurant downtown and my wife and I have long said that if they ever leave, we leave. hah

Viva Americas!

That's cute that you don't care.. but most rational people do.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MikeyTBC wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Yo #OOPS# that picture.

I'll paraphrase.

#OOPS# you, stupid picture taking opportunist. Do you know how hard it is to run a small business, especially in the restaurant industry? If you did, you'd probably help out the guy that just dropped an expensive order of beef down the stairs instead of standing there like a jerkoff taking a picture to clandestinely post to the internet to ridicule the poor guy for making a mistake.
Get bent, picture idiot.

Full disclosure: This is my favorite restaurant downtown and my wife and I have long said that if they ever leave, we leave. hah

Viva Americas!

It doesn't bother you that they were closed down in November '15 and again this January? And their latest antics could have resulted in a potential gas explosion? Do you think their ethics suddenly get better when it comes to their food prep?

I'm not being combative, just really curious as to why you would cater to a business that is flaunting the law so egregiously?

Not really directed at you J.Mom, but in general...

Food is prepped and stored in the street all over the world. I've eaten at some scary ass food stalls in China, Mexico and the Caribbean and lived to tell about it. I'll eat floor steak if it was washed. Their food is delicious and affordable.
If it keeps out people that pay $17 for Chow Fun and $15 for a cubano, all the better, their (sazon's) food is not meant for those people anyway.

No, I get that - I totally understand and I appreciate your viewpoint.

I guess I'm asking the group in general (out of curiosity really) - what does it take to NOT shop at a local business anymore? What does it take to send a message to a store owner that his/her actions are potentially damaging to a community as a whole? Is your lunch/dinner more important than the ethics of running a good, local business?

Posted on: 2016/2/17 16:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Yo #OOPS# that picture.

I'll paraphrase.

Get bent, picture idiot.

Viva Americas!

It doesn't bother you that they were closed down in November '15 and again this January? And their latest antics could have resulted in a potential gas explosion? Do you think their ethics suddenly get better when it comes to their food prep?

I'm not being combative, just really curious as to why you would cater to a business that is flaunting the law so egregiously?

Not really directed at you J.Mom, but in general...

Food is prepped and stored in the street all over the world. I've eaten at some scary ass food stalls in China, Mexico and the Caribbean and lived to tell about it. I'll eat floor steak if it was washed. Their food is delicious and affordable.
If it keeps out people that pay $17 for Chow Fun and $15 for a cubano, all the better, their (sazon's) food is not meant for those people anyway.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

EasyGibson wrote:
Yo #OOPS# that picture.

I'll paraphrase.

Get bent, picture idiot.

Viva Americas!

Posted on: 2016/2/17 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/17 3:49
From Erie
Group:
Registered Users
Yo #OOPS# that picture.

I'll paraphrase.

Get bent, picture idiot.

Viva Americas!

Posted on: 2016/2/17 3:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
After what happened on Second Ave last year, you think people might think twice about illegal gas line work!

Well, it goes to show their pattern of thinking - another shot from Yelp:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/2/17 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/27 14:41
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
They were allegedly caught doing illegal upgrades to their gas lines, which is obviously a no-no.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 2:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

iGreg wrote:
I asked the female lady owner and was told t's prolonged renovations and they will be open again soon.

This has been a staple downtown on that corner and sure it hope it remains.

Every restaurant ever that has been shut down due to health code violations makes up some excuse.

The picture posted above speaks for itself.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 2:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I asked the female lady owner and was told t's prolonged renovations and they will be open again soon.

This has been a staple downtown on that corner and sure it hope it remains.

Posted on: 2016/2/17 2:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
que pasa con el sazon de las americas?

For the benefit of the gringos playing along at home:

What's up with El Sason De Las Americas restaurant located at 305 Grove St?

Yelp

Resized Image

Posted on: 2016/2/17 1:19

el sazon de las americas
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
que pasa con el sazon de las americas?