Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City, Newark among worst places to marry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/2 2:11
Group:
Registered Users
Just a note for those looking for a quick, no-frills, marriage.

We tried to get married in Jersey City in December. Getting the license at City Hall was easy enough (note: you need to have one witness with you for the license; 2 witnesses for the ceremony). However, calls to some of the City-managed options for the actual nuptials, especially the one on Summit Ave., were never returned. Eventually, found out that all sites were booked into January. Appointments are required. Went to Summit Ave personally after calling for 3 days and never getting a response. Woman took down my information (could not give me any information) and then never called me back anyway -- I hate to say it but at least at that location, the contacts for wedding ceremonies exemplified the "public sector job holder" stereotype where they don't care about the residents of their own towns and don't seem to give a shit about their jobs.

If you are looking for a simple wedding, I recommend NYC - it was cheaper, faster, more efficent, 24 hr wait period (instead of 72 hr) -- no frills, but the officiant was very friendly and made the ceremony as personal as possible given it takes about 2 minutes in total.

Posted on: 2016/2/3 16:21

Jersey City, Newark among worst places to marry
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Jersey City, Newark among worst places to marry, report says

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
 February 03, 2016 at 10:50 AM

JERSEY CITY -- Are you preparing to say "I do?"

According to a new report, the Garden State's two largest cities are among the worst places to marry. 

WalletHub, a personal finance website, looked at the 150 largest cities and ranked Jersey City No. 144 and Newark No. 148.  

The website used an 18-point metric system to compile the list, taking into account the cost, convenience, and venue options. WalletHub said a couple spends, on average, $26,444 on their wedding, noting that the early months in a year are usually less expensive. 

Jersey City, however, ranked as one of the most expensive cities in the country to wed, at No. 141.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _to_marry_report_say.html

Posted on: 2016/2/3 16:01

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017