Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 93

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Heights Dining Options
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
Quote:

DtJcQdMf wrote:
Quote:

Reggay wrote:
Thought I'd make a list of some new options:

Ozu Foods(Japanese)
106 Hutton St
Jersey City, 07307

http://ozufoods.com/

Just opened-Some kinks to work out but food is very good. Pickup only for now. I had the teriyaki bento box which was good. we also had the ribs which were were great and reasonable($4 for 2-3 large ribs), as were the potato croquettes. The Japanese style hamburger is also very good and very reasonable though be forewarned it comes without a bun. Food took a while and they ran out of a few things, but I'm fairly confident they'll figure things out in the coming weeks.

Ribs, croquettes, hamburger? Checked out the website, they also have meatball. What does any of this have to do with Japanese food?
That being said I should check it out before talking smack right.
one can get some very good ribs as well as meatballs in japan.

Of that I have no doubt, but Japanese will not consider it to be Japanese cuisine. I hope you can agree with that.

Posted on: 2016/1/22 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DtJcQdMf wrote:
Quote:

Reggay wrote:

Ozu Foods(Japanese)
106 Hutton St
Jersey City, 07307

Just opened-Some kinks to work out but food is very good. Pickup only for now. I had the teriyaki bento box which was good. we also had the ribs which were were great and reasonable($4 for 2-3 large ribs), as were the potato croquettes. The Japanese style hamburger is also very good and very reasonable though be forewarned it comes without a bun. Food took a while and they ran out of a few things, but I'm fairly confident they'll figure things out in the coming weeks.

Ribs, croquettes, hamburger? Checked out the website, they also have meatball. What does any of this have to do with Japanese food?
one can get some very good ribs as well as meatballs in japan.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 23:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Reggay wrote:

Ozu Foods(Japanese)
106 Hutton St
Jersey City, 07307

Posted on: 2016/1/21 21:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:43
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Noches de Columbia;The plywood is down. New windows in. Interior work to be done.

Posted on: 2016/1/21 20:43

Dark Side of the Moo
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i was biking around jersey city yesterday and discovered that owner has opened a restaurant/store front in the heights on bower between sherman/new york. good news for the nabe imo. i've always wanted to try their kangaroo burgers.

Posted on: 2016/1/18 21:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with Noches de Columbia, which is supposed to open on Central and Manhattan Avenues? The renovation seems to be taking forever, and now the windows are just boarded over.

Have you not read all the other threads in JCLIST about perpetually delayed construction projects of restaurants and bars??

No, I only follow threads for restaurants in my neighborhood. People have been posting regularly about Dark Side of the Moo and the new bagel place, what about this place?

It's OK. I was being facetious. The joke is that EVERY SINGLE restaurant in JC is always delayed in their opening to the public because of the Buildings Department. It's usually a matter of cash stuffed envelopes being exchanged, and those who refuse to play by the age old rules simply get the run around. Do a search in here for "Atomic Wings" (really sad episode) and even "Barcade". They were two years delayed, I think, maybe less, and at one point it looked like they were pulling the plug on the whole idea. There are many more examples. Do a search for "Buildings Department and restaurant inspection". It's quite a sordid history.

Posted on: 2016/1/14 1:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bodhipooh wrote:
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:
Does anyone know what is going on with Noches de Columbia, which is supposed to open on Central and Manhattan Avenues? The renovation seems to be taking forever, and now the windows are just boarded over.

Have you not read all the other threads in JCLIST about perpetually delayed construction projects of restaurants and bars??

No, I only follow threads for restaurants in my neighborhood. People have been posting regularly about Dark Side of the Moo and the new bagel place, what about this place?

Posted on: 2016/1/14 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wishful_Thinking wrote:

Posted on: 2016/1/14 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/13 18:52

New Heights Dining Options
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users

Ozu Foods(Japanese)
106 Hutton St
Jersey City, 07307

Dark Side of the Moo
52 Bowers steet
Jersey City, 07307

http://www.themoofoodtruck.com/home.html

Just Opened-Haven't been yet but have eaten from the food truck which was good. They specialize in "exotic" meats but also have some more straight forward offerings

Patsey's
93 Franklin St
Jersey City, NJ 07307

http://patseysjc.com/

Opened over the summer. Great for breakfast-I've had solid breakfast sandwiches, very good omelets, and excellent coffee.-haven't had any of their lunch/dinner stuff yet which is typical italian-american stuff. I've heard the burger is good from two neighbors. Also a tad slow-I recommend calling ahead for takeout. They have a nice small, clean, well-kept eat in area as well.

Posted on: 2015/11/30 16:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017