Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Saint Peter's to host panel on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
are there going to be people who have nothing to gain from abatements on this panel? otherwise, what's the point in going to hear people proclaim that nothing would get built without abatements....this argument was vaild 10-20 years ago but not today, especially in dtjc and increasingly in jsq.

don't politicians realize that no one is foolled by their shenaningans! if they keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes, it's gonna be trump vs. sanders!

Posted on: 2016/1/15 21:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I called the number listed and told them I would like to video the meeting. I was told I was welcomed to come but I cannot bring my camera. I guess the group wants to control the message.

Or maybe they recognize an egotistical know-nothing trying to grab attention and gather video to use as some political hammer after you've edited it for whatever spin you're planning...

If I am what you say I am then I would not call in advance, I would just show up and bring my camera and catch them off guard. I only edit my show to fix Comcast time slot which is less than 29 minutes. I do this because not everyone has the ability to attend meetings especially meetings in the evening. Guess what, Pebble? There are some people who actually thank me because they are afraid to travel at night without access to a car.

Posted on: 2016/1/15 21:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
I called the number listed and told them I would like to video the meeting. I was told I was welcomed to come but I cannot bring my camera. I guess the group wants to control the message.

Or maybe they recognize an egotistical know-nothing trying to grab attention and gather video to use as some political hammer after you've edited it for whatever spin you're planning...

Posted on: 2016/1/15 20:47
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2016/1/15 20:43

Saint Peter's to host panel on tax abatements
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users

Saint Peter's to host panel on tax abatements

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
January 14, 2016 at 5:11 PM

JERSEY CITY — Tax abatements will be the hot topic at a Feb. 10 panel at Saint Peter's University.

The university's Guarini Institute for Government and Leadership is hosting the panel, which will include local developer Paul Silverman, Assemblyman Raj Mukherji and Jersey City Deputy Mayor Marcos Vigil.

They will discuss using long-term tax breaks as a strategy for revitalizing neighborhoods.

Joining them will be Julio Colon, director of real estate finance and housing assistance for the City of Newark; Wasseem Boraie, CEO of Boraie Development; and Devon Rafferty, an assistant professor of economics and finance at Saint Peter's.

$80M lost due to Jersey City tax abatements, report says

$80M lost due to Jersey City tax abatements, report says

"It's a whole lot of money," Councilman Michael Yun told The Jersey Journal.

The panel will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 10 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in the Duncan Sky Room of the university's student center at 47 Glenwood Ave.

For more information, email guarini-institute@saintpeters.edu or call 201-761-6049.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... el_on_tax_abatements.html

Posted on: 2016/1/14 22:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017