Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 150

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: I-Team: Hospital Charges $17,000 to Stitch a 2-Inch Cut in Emergency Room
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
There are 63,660 inches in a mile, so a mile of surgical stitching would cost $540 million. Compared to this, redoing New Jersey's roads is a bargain at $2,000,000/mile!

Posted on: 2016/1/12 18:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
I was innocent of the exorbitant fees Care Point charges so I simply went with them when I had to pick a local General Practitioner. When I had an issue I walked blindly into their cynical exploitation of people seeking basic health care. My brief brush with Care Point cost my insurers a great deal of money yet the actual human interaction was as minimal as you could imagine and at no point did I feel that anyone I dealt with cared for my health at all. My physician had not even read the blood and urine test reports when I went in for the follow up, I had to point out to her that the lab had written on the report "we did not perform the urin test" she had not read the report but acted as if she had. What options do I have for avoiding Care Point? Next time I go in for whatever reason, am I allowed to say " I do not want Care Point to play any roll in my treatment"? Or do I have to just go where they tell me?

You are the patient, you do not have to put up with anything. Find out what hospitals your doctor is affiliated with. If it's a CarePoint hospital, nuf said. You can look for another physician. You don't have to start from the ground & work your way up, tell your doctor you want your records, it is your right. Good luck.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
I was innocent of the exorbitant fees Care Point charges so I simply went with them when I had to pick a local General Practitioner. When I had an issue I walked blindly into their cynical exploitation of people seeking basic health care. My brief brush with Care Point cost my insurers a great deal of money yet the actual human interaction was as minimal as you could imagine and at no point did I feel that anyone I dealt with cared for my health at all. My physician had not even read the blood and urine test reports when I went in for the follow up, I had to point out to her that the lab had written on the report "we did not perform the urin test" she had not read the report but acted as if she had. What options do I have for avoiding Care Point? Next time I go in for whatever reason, am I allowed to say " I do not want Care Point to play any roll in my treatment"? Or do I have to just go where they tell me?

Posted on: 2016/1/10 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Let's add this to the SCUM that is the "Our wealth at the cost of your Health" group known as (We don't)CarePoint.

Because these bastards wanted it their way or the highway, Horizon Blue Cross/Blue Shield is no longer accepted at Christ Hospital. This happened in June 2015. That's okay they said, you can go to Hoboken (which is inaccessable by public transportation, not to mention parking) or you can go to Bayonne, which not only is the most expensive hospital in the country but about 5 miles away.

Their employee morale is not great & (We don't)CarePoint is starting to experience turnover.

Posted on: 2016/1/10 14:37

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/3 19:27
From DTJC
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it was more that hospitals charge high because they collect such a small percentage from insurance companies anyway. They might call for $17k only to get $85.
Kinda like how people slip and fall and sue for a million, then skip away with $8k.

Posted on: 2016/1/9 20:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Like many stories, I knew what this would be about just from reading the headline alone.

This hospital is owned by CarePoint. They have a history of having their hospitals featured in "most expensive hospitals in the nation" type lists.

A couple of years ago, Fulop tried to move the city's ambulance contract from JCMC to some group affiliated with CarePoint. I believe this group also donated to his campaign. He forced a contract through, only for it to get held up by state regulators because it may have been illegal. Eventually, Fulop abandoned this effort, and the contract stayed with JCMC, which benefits us all.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
They need a real old school ass whooping for that shit.

Years ago Christ Hospital did me for 3k for a similar small cut on my finger - 20 years or so ago.

They followed me to Hell and back for payment as I was young told them to fcuk a duck and it got my credit all f'ked up for a few years.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 2:07

I-Team: Hospital Charges $17,000 to Stitch a 2-Inch Cut in Emergency Room
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
I-Team: Hospital Charges $17,000 to Stitch a 2-Inch Cut in Emergency Room

By Chris Glorioso and Evan Stulberger
Published at 12:31 PM EST on Dec 8, 2015

A New Jersey man says his local emergency room charged an arm and a leg to heal a minor cut.

Bayonne Medical Center billed Ryan Edgerton and his insurance company just more than $17,000 to treat a 2-inch cut with "five or six stitches" after he accidentally cut his index finger while slicing some melon last summer

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigati ... estigation-360940291.html

Posted on: 2015/12/9 1:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017