Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
117 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 117

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Baby Taken to Hospital After Shooting - Bergen & Harrison - 2:30pm
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i think high crime rates in urban areas is an intractable problem until cities/politicians to focus on changing the mentality in many urban african-american communities which seem to have more than their fair share. imo, this includes 1) eliminating welfare and replacing it with some type of work for pay program and educational requirement, 2) increasing the focus on standardized test (no one should be graduating high school and reading at a 6th or 8th grade level) and longer school hours (perhaps saturdays too), 3) just locking away the gangsters and such, and 4) overhauling the section 8 program, 5) much stronger police/national guard and CCTV surveillance.

just food for thought! i'm not so sure that these democratic social programs haven't been that successful in raising people out of poverty! i can't tell you how disturbing when you see kids who can't speak half way decent english or do simple math, but can tell how much stephen curry makes!

but, of course, the republicans don't really care, they just want to make the 1% richer!

The most powerful lobbies have the least interest in resolving the core issues.

We should, for example:
1. Decriminalize all victim-less crimes.
2. Reduce jail population for non-violent offenders by every measure possible. Shorter sentences, tracking devices, improved mental health services, re-entry/clean slate programs.
3. Increase sentences/minimum terms for violent offenders and gang members. Ban parolees from returning to the area they committed their crime - provide more section 8/affordable housing in the likes of Millburn.
4. Attack gangs sources of finance. Legalize and control the sale and distribution of all drugs.
5. Use incentives to supplement welfare: small business grants, free colleges places, cash awards for education achievement.

Nobody will make money out of that - and nobody will pay for it through tax hikes - which is why none of it will happen.

Posted on: 2016/1/3 16:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Wasn't it last year that Torres, Fulop, and Baraka had a photo/video op where they were joining together to fight crime? Day after Christmas we have one shot and killed in Newark, two shot and killed in Paterson, and a 1 year old shot in Jersey City.

Great job, mayors!

http://www.northjersey.com/news/pater ... ayors-say-video-1.1058597

(edited to add that these three towns suck up a total of close to $1.8 BILLION dollars, each and ever year, in Abbott money alone!

No one knows what is in another person's mind & at best police are a deterrent to those who may be thinking of commiting a crime. A policeman for every person will not stop anything, slow it down but not stop a person who is hellbent on commiting some heinous act.

Okay so we get it, you hate Fulop, move on. Instead of being a broken record & droning on & on about what is wrong why don't you come up with a solution or are you like so many of the previous administration's faithful, mindless.

There are many in the community, particularly the south, trying their best to find a way to help turn their community around but it is obvious you are not one of them. Drone on Monroe & become as irrelavent as others on this board.

I don't 'hate' Fulop, I disagree (mostly) with his politics. But when three mayors join together to fight crime, and fail miserably, isn't it ok to make a comment about that failure of their goals? When they call a press conference to hype their goals, and fall flat on their faces, is it not ok to opine??

It is fine to have an opinion but unfortunately this is a subject for which no solution is easy. It is mostly a bandaid at best for those who want some kind of answer. That people are that willing to put everything in the hands of government & take every statement as gospel sets up a dangerous precedence on two fronts, one being the loss of personal freedom & the other to the moral breakdown of society in which you now divide society into a lawabiding & non lawabiding segments. The problem, imo, is societal. All too often witnesses & victims themselves are uncooperative because of the "snitches get stitches" mentality. This empowers the criminal element & makes those charged with our safety all but powerless. Crime will only falter when we take responsibility (& I am not talking about vigilantism) for our own behaviour & demand the same of others.

Mayor Fulop's response to this crime and every other crime based incident was the word "daunting" I think that says it all. You're in good company there Brat. Maybe you can take the reigns if Fulop seeks that higher office that he's been eyeing.

Posted on: 2016/1/3 13:53
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Wasn't it last year that Torres, Fulop, and Baraka had a photo/video op where they were joining together to fight crime? Day after Christmas we have one shot and killed in Newark, two shot and killed in Paterson, and a 1 year old shot in Jersey City.

Great job, mayors!

(edited to add that these three towns suck up a total of close to $1.8 BILLION dollars, each and ever year, in Abbott money alone!

No one knows what is in another person's mind & at best police are a deterrent to those who may be thinking of commiting a crime. A policeman for every person will not stop anything, slow it down but not stop a person who is hellbent on commiting some heinous act.

Okay so we get it, you hate Fulop, move on. Instead of being a broken record & droning on & on about what is wrong why don't you come up with a solution or are you like so many of the previous administration's faithful, mindless.

There are many in the community, particularly the south, trying their best to find a way to help turn their community around but it is obvious you are not one of them. Drone on Monroe & become as irrelavent as others on this board.

I don't 'hate' Fulop, I disagree (mostly) with his politics. But when three mayors join together to fight crime, and fail miserably, isn't it ok to make a comment about that failure of their goals? When they call a press conference to hype their goals, and fall flat on their faces, is it not ok to opine??

It is fine to have an opinion but unfortunately this is a subject for which no solution is easy. It is mostly a bandaid at best for those who want some kind of answer. That people are that willing to put everything in the hands of government & take every statement as gospel sets up a dangerous precedence on two fronts, one being the loss of personal freedom & the other to the moral breakdown of society in which you now divide society into a lawabiding & non lawabiding segments. The problem, imo, is societal. All too often witnesses & victims themselves are uncooperative because of the "snitches get stitches" mentality. This empowers the criminal element & makes those charged with our safety all but powerless. Crime will only falter when we take responsibility (& I am not talking about vigilantism) for our own behaviour & demand the same of others.

Posted on: 2016/1/3 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
i think high crime rates in urban areas is an intractable problem until cities/politicians to focus on changing the mentality in many urban african-american communities which seem to have more than their fair share. imo, this includes 1) eliminating welfare and replacing it with some type of work for pay program and educational requirement, 2) increasing the focus on standardized test (no one should be graduating high school and reading at a 6th or 8th grade level) and longer school hours (perhaps saturdays too), 3) just locking away the gangsters and such, and 4) overhauling the section 8 program, 5) much stronger police/national guard and CCTV surveillance.

just food for thought! i'm not so sure that these democratic social programs haven't been that successful in raising people out of poverty! i can't tell you how disturbing when you see kids who can't speak half way decent english or do simple math, but can tell how much stephen curry makes!

but, of course, the republicans don't really care, they just want to make the 1% richer!

Posted on: 2016/1/3 12:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Great job, mayors!

Posted on: 2016/1/2 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
(In the comments to this story, a friend/family member states that this is the SECOND time that this guys car was . shot up in JC. And he's just quit his second job because he "fears for his life." Is there something connected to this?)

Reader comment:
Did most of you know he just got the car a month ago cause his last POS car was shot up in JC also due to gun violence, but he never reported it! SO YES he brought another car! AS FAR his quitting his 2nd job as a delivery man, hes fears for his life. Sorry, if you guys don't know the whole truth!

By Caitlin Mota | The Jersey Journal
on December 31, 2015 at 11:27 AM, updated December 31, 2015 at 11:46 AM

The father of an 18-month-old boy who was struck in the face by a stray bullet last week wants out of Jersey City.

The boy survived, but Michel Beshay has since set up a fundraiser on GoFundMe.com to help move his wife and two kids out of Jersey City.

"I am going to move," Beshay told The Jersey Journal this morning. "I am 100 percent going to move."

More

It take brass balls to start a GoFundMe page asking the public to donate so he can move. And he wants $25,000 to do it! Unbelievable.

You ungrateful xenophobic cheap skate.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So how much did you donate? I guarantee nothing. You do not even know what the word xenophobe means you dolt.

Oh webmaster, webmaster. heights is trying to defame me by using words he doesn't even know the meaning of. I think he should be censured for making silly statements & put on Santa's naughty list for nex year.

It's time you are put back in your cage, people of your caliber should be contained so you don't spew any more of your toxins. Hopefully the webmaster will see you for what you really are and end your silly rants on these threads. You're really not that bright.

And you know people of a different caliber? I don't think so. You are the reason I don't attend the Captain's meetings you post in hopes of meeting people, real live people. It is the dull & boring, like yourself who should be contained with your racist, xenophobic rants. I just like giving everyone a laugh at your expense. Now get on your Schwinn, peddle to your Yugo & find some trite little annoyance you can put us to sleep with.

You are repeating yourself as usual, can't think of anything new to spew huh? Well glad to see I have the talent to keep you away from concerned citizens once a month now if I could only figure out a way to extinguish you from these threads then my job is complete.

You are truly a sad person if you think it takes talent to keep people from participating in a public meeting with those charged with our safety. And you seek to ?extinguish? me from a public forum where vitriol rules & the thin-skinned cry. You, who think people who are not like you should be confined to cages. You referred to a stylish dressed Indian woman as a ?pimpette?; you also stated that affordable housing & mixed income neighborhoods have no business intermingling. And yes, I can reference the specific posts these reprehensible statements came from. They are only a few of many. And I bet you go to mass every week cause you?re a good little boy. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Posted on: 2016/1/2 15:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
(In the comments to this story, a friend/family member states that this is the SECOND time that this guys car was shot up in JC. And he's just quit his second job because he "fears for his life." Is there something connected to this?)

Reader comment:
Did most of you know he just got the car a month ago cause his last POS car was shot up in JC also due to gun violence, but he never reported it! SO YES he brought another car! AS FAR his quitting his 2nd job as a delivery man, hes fears for his life. Sorry, if you guys don't know the whole truth!

The father of an 18-month-old boy who was struck in the face by a stray bullet last week wants out of Jersey City.

The boy survived, but Michel Beshay has since set up a fundraiser on GoFundMe.com to help move his wife and two kids out of Jersey City.

"I am going to move," Beshay told The Jersey Journal this morning. "I am 100 percent going to move."

More

It take brass balls to start a GoFundMe page asking the public to donate so he can move. And he wants $25,000 to do it! Unbelievable.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So how much did you donate? I guarantee nothing. You do not even know what the word xenophobe means you dolt.

Oh webmaster, webmaster. heights is trying to defame me by using words he doesn't even know the meaning of. I think he should be censured for making silly statements & put on Santa's naughty list for nex year.

It's time you are put back in your cage, people of your caliber should be contained so you don't spew any more of your toxins. Hopefully the webmaster will see you for what you really are and end your silly rants on these threads. You're really not that bright.

And you know people of a different caliber? I don't think so. You are the reason I don't attend the Captain's meetings you post in hopes of meeting people, real live people. It is the dull & boring, like yourself who should be contained with your racist, xenophobic rants. I just like giving everyone a laugh at your expense. Now get on your Schwinn, peddle to your Yugo & find some trite little annoyance you can put us to sleep with.

You are repeating yourself as usual, can't think of anything new to spew huh? Well glad to see I have the talent to keep you away from concerned citizens once a month now if I could only figure out a way to extinguish you from these threads then my job is complete.

Posted on: 2016/1/1 22:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
(In the comments to this story, a friend/family member states that this is the SECOND time that this guys car was shot up in JC. And he's just quit his second job because he "fears for his life." Is there something connected to this?)

Reader comment:

More

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted on: 2016/1/1 22:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Reader comment:

More

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted on: 2016/1/1 20:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Reader comment:

More

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Posted on: 2016/1/1 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/17 13:40
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Adonis wrote:
Fulop et al should stop campaigning for higher minimum wages. In fact it should be lowered so that the type of people that find themselves carrying illegal guns can be offered jobs at salaries commensurate with their skill set. They will be off the streets and on their way to climbing that proverbial career ladder. They'll learn how to make a living doing honest labor. Right now they can't get a foot in the door since they are priced out of the labor market.

You're joking, right? You get nowhere with a minimum wage job, where can someone go with below minimum wage?! There is no "ladder" anymore.

Posted on: 2016/1/1 6:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HeightsBrat wrote:
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Reader comment:

More

Posted on: 2016/1/1 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:

Reader comment:

More

Posted on: 2016/1/1 1:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users

Reader comment:

More

Posted on: 2015/12/31 19:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop et al should stop campaigning for higher minimum wages. In fact it should be lowered so that the type of people that find themselves carrying illegal guns can be offered jobs at salaries commensurate with their skill set. They will be off the streets and on their way to climbing that proverbial career ladder. They'll learn how to make a living doing honest labor. Right now they can't get a foot in the door since they are priced out of the labor market.

Posted on: 2015/12/28 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Great job, mayors!

Posted on: 2015/12/28 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Great job, mayors!

I think the Abbott money crusade is a little off on this one. School funding has little to do with the shooting.

I agree completely that this is unacceptable. I'm just very unsure of what would fix this.

Long term, there is lots that can be done to make change happen. Unfortunately, politicians don't have a long term view and there needs to be a short term solution in the meantime.

Posted on: 2015/12/28 15:06
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users

Great job, mayors!

Posted on: 2015/12/27 21:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CBSNewYork) ? Police are looking for the gunman who shot a toddler in the face in Jersey City.

The bullet struck him while he sat just feet away from his father. Mina Beshay, 1, was rushed to Jersey City Medical Center with a bullet lodged in his cheek, he had surgery overnight.

CBS News Video

Posted on: 2015/12/27 17:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
1-year-old boy shot while sitting in parked car in Jersey City
BY BEN KOCHMAN NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Saturday, December 26, 2015, 6:40 PM

A baby boy sitting in a parked car in Jersey City Saturday was injured when a stray bullet struck tore through a window, a city spokeswoman said.

The 1-year-old tot, sitting in the car on Harrison and Bergen Avenues, was struck in the right cheek with either glass from a broken window or a bullet fragment after the suspect opened fire at around 2:30 p.m, said Jersey City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill.

More - Daily News

Posted on: 2015/12/27 1:15

Baby Taken to Hospital After Shooting - Bergen & Harrison - 2:30pm
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
By Jonathan Lin | The Jersey Journal
on December 26, 2015 at 4:05 PM, updated December 26, 2015 at 4:12 PM

JERSEY CITY -- A 1-year-old baby has been taken to the hospital after multiple shots were fired in Jersey City at Bergen and Harrison avenues earlier this afternoon.

At around 2:30 p.m., a man fired multiple shots at the intersection before fleeing the scene, an eyewitness told The Jersey Journal.

More

Posted on: 2015/12/26 21:50

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017