Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dickinson High student shot after dispute at school
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
I went there in the 80's and it was no #OOPS# joke.

Holla @ Yo Boyz !

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
For years, there's always been a couple of cops posted during school lunchtime in the corner of Newark and Palisades. There's a metal detector at the school entrance.

I say for these minors, let's jail the parents as well - they're responsible for these pieces of shits
I went to that school when I was younger the medal detectors didn't stop kids from bringing in weapons when I was there. The doors are magnetically locked but so kids aren't trapped inside incase of a fire they have a feature that allows you to push the doors for 5 to 10 seconds from the inside to get them to open. The students would pull on the doors to enter the building at points with no medal detector or security to get inside and avoid medal detectors. When ever one door with out security opened dozens to hundreds would get in with out passing medal detectors until security could get there and close the door.

They also cover up a lot that happens there. I remember a brawl breaking out in front of the office a student pulled a gun and even pointed it at school staff then left the building. The media heard about this and the school denied it ever even happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/11 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AlexC wrote:
For years, there's always been a couple of cops posted during school lunchtime in the corner of Newark and Palisades. There's a metal detector at the school entrance.

I say for these minors, let's jail the parents as well - they're responsible for these pieces of shits
I went to that school when I was younger the medal detectors didn't stop kids from bringing in weapons when I was there. The doors are magnetically locked but so kids aren't trapped inside incase of a fire they have a feature that allows you to push the doors for 5 to 10 seconds from the inside to get them to open. The students would pull on the doors to enter the building at points with no medal detector or security to get inside and avoid medal detectors. When ever one door with out security opened dozens to hundreds would get in with out passing medal detectors until security could get there and close the door.

They also cover up a lot that happens there. I remember a brawl breaking out in front of the office a student pulled a gun and even pointed it at school staff then left the building. The media heard about this and the school denied it ever even happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/11 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

DanL wrote:

the incident was two blocks from the school and involved two adult students.
Involved two in the sense their was one gunshot victim and one shooter. The kids are saying this started from a brawl inside school which sounds believable since one on one fights are extremely rare at that school. Also it was more like one very short block away from the school.

Posted on: 2015/12/10 23:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Video of the shooting from a students cell phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2b8PEFjjU8

Arrest made in Dickinson High School shooting
Dec 10, 2015

Jefferson Sencion, 18, of Jersey City, has been arrested for allegedly shooting another 18-year-old boy near Dickinson High School on Dec. 8.

According to Jersey City Police Spokesperson Jennifer Morrill, a dispute that began inside the school escalated to a physical altercation and the two youths left the school.

?One of the actors, an 18-year-old, was shot in the leg about a block away from the school,? Morrill said. ?He sustained non life threatening injuries and was transported to the Jersey City Medical Center.

North District Detectives received information that a person of interest was at a Jefferson Avenue apartment and Sencion was identified and arrested. Jersey City police arrested Sencion approximately one hour after the shooting

Sencion was charged with possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes (firearms), unlawful possession of a weapon (handgun), aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and providing false information/hindering apprehension after he lied to detectives about his age stating he was a juvenile.

"The fact that a disagreement between two students at a high school can escalate to gun violence speaks to how outrageous our culture is today,? said Mayor Steven Fulop. ?Clearly, issues of open access to guns that plague every city in the country need to be addressed in the immediate future by Congress. Congress needs to act now to stop the flow of guns across state borders"

Read more: Hudson Reporter - Arrest made in Dickinson High School shooting

Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:

Posted on: 2015/12/10 22:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/10 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

the incident was two blocks from the school and involved two adult students.

Posted on: 2015/12/10 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/12/9 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
so how many guns are in Dickinson HS on any given day?

My guess is the school does everything it can to keep these issues out of the headlines. Obviously when shots are fired, not much they can do to keep this hush hush...

Posted on: 2015/12/9 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
Quote:
I supported Fulop since the days he used to go to JCSA Rec soccer opening day

He still attends every year, he gave a nice speech this year thanking Ed Hazlett for his long service, and finally got the new artificial turf field construction at Caven Point underway.

Robin.

Meanwhile, Rome burns...

Posted on: 2015/12/9 2:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I supported Fulop since the days he used to go to JCSA Rec soccer opening day

He still attends every year, he gave a nice speech this year thanking Ed Hazlett for his long service, and finally got the new artificial turf field construction at Caven Point underway.

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 1:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I supported Fulop since the days he used to go to JCSA Rec soccer opening day when he was campaigning for Councilman, bought tickets to the Zep meet and greets. My mom-in-law gave him space on one of her properties in the heights during the Mayoral campaign (she, hoping, of course to curry favor).

But this is bullshit. The #OOPS# problem is not guns. It's people who want to hurt other people. He's just #OOPS# pandering to the idiot populace who thinks guns are the problem.

In Palestine, knives are restricted, because they can't have guns. What's next? Axes? screwdrivers? Saws?

Idiot

Posted on: 2015/12/9 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Did Gov. Steve Tweet out a response or was it via Facebook?

Posted on: 2015/12/9 0:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm surprised the mayor waiting until the second sentence to make it about gun control.

The national "progressives" gave him a beautiful way out of this mess. Before, many people were angry at his silence in the face of this violence. Now, he can simply throw his hands up and blame it on those evil guns.
Ironically one of the gangs mentioned as involved likes to use knives and machetes on their victims more then they do guns. They stabbed someone to death in the Heights a few years ago. Not to say they don't use guns but they aren't the weapon of choice for this particular gang.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 0:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Seems like gangs are the problem once again. If you watch the video of a student being interviewed on the second article about the shooting the teen mentions a gang. She mentions "Trini" short for Trinitarios. So people need to stop thinking these gang problems are only a Greenville and Bergen/Lafayette problem. Trinitarios are mostly in the Heights and Donwtown. If a war starts with this gang I'm sure the mayor will not be as quite as he was when the violence was only south of Communipaw.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 0:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
I'm surprised the mayor waiting until the second sentence to make it about gun control.

The national "progressives" gave him a beautiful way out of this mess. Before, many people were angry at his silence in the face of this violence. Now, he can simply throw his hands up and blame it on those evil guns.

Posted on: 2015/12/9 0:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised the mayor waited until the second sentence to make it about gun control.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 23:39

Edited by Monroe on 2015/12/9 0:00:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I hope we aren't looking at a spill over of this violence into 2016. Generally January to March things slow down because of cold weather but we might be in for a warm winter. Our Mayor needs strategies to target gangs not trying to push his political agendas like gun control. This is starting to seem simular to how violence over all was down in 2004 but spiked towards the end of the year and continued into 2005. At that time Healy did nothing either and kept pushing the gun control agenda too. It didn't work for him then and won't work for Fulop now.

Their were also shootings on Lexington, Van Nostrand and in Marion this weekend as well. Also the stabbing Murder on Monticello and home invasion robbery/stabbing on Van Reipen in JSQ.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 22:44

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/14 15:24
From vanvorst
Group:
Registered Users
well if the kid that got shot had a gun too this would have never happened.

Posted on: 2015/12/8 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Is this gang related? Did the shooter go home to get the gun?

Posted on: 2015/12/8 21:32

Dickinson High student shot after dispute at school
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Dickinson High student shot after dispute at school, police say

By Ron Zeitlinger | The Jersey Journal
on December 08, 2015 at 2:36 PM, updated December 08, 2015 at 3:25 PM

A Dickinson High School student involved in an altercation at the school today left the building and was shot a block away, a Jersey City spokeswoman said this afternoon.

A boy was shot in the leg on Chestnut Avenue at about 2 p.m. today, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said. Dickinson High and St. Joseph's grammar school were both placed on lockdown as police searched for the shooter.

"The fact that a disagreement between two students at a high school can escalate to gun violence speaks to how outrageous our culture is today," Jersey City Mayor Steve Fulop said. "Clearly, issues of open access to guns that plague every city in the country need to be addressed in the immediate future by Congress.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... o.html#incart_2box_hudson

Posted on: 2015/12/8 21:10

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017