Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking enforcement in Newport area

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/2 0:44
Group:
Registered Users
Some roads in Newport are private and some are owned by the city. You can tell because there is only metered parking in the private areas. They want people to pay for a meter or park in their garages. Jersey City maintained areas have normal permit/2 hour parking.

Jersey City parking authority shouldn't be booting on first offense. They don't usually bother unless you have unpaid tickets.

Newport is different. I have the impression they boot immediately. I never see cars with tickets but no boot. Probably because they have limited means of going after unpaid tickets. They do seem very quick at responding since they always have people driving around.

Posted on: 2015/12/5 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/26 22:05
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Ran out of boots huh, so that many had unpaid parking tickets or multiple violations ?

My understanding is that you can only be booted if you have at least three unpaid parking tickets. But, the Newport area streets are private, so I am not sure how enforcement is carried out on those roads. Can Newport security call up the City and have a car booted based on different criteria/thresholds?

Posted on: 2015/12/4 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Thanks, good to know.

We're also approaching the end of the year. Perhaps the city has a revenue shortfall and this is a nice way to squeeze out some extra cash.

City? The people putting on the boots aren't cops, they're Newport mall cops (private security). Is the city even seeing a dime of that cash?

I didn't say Newport MALL. Just Newport. It was definitely a city Parking Authority van, parked on River Drive South, in between the entrance to the Monroe building and the intersection of Newport Parkway and River Drive South.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 23:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Ran out of boots huh, so that many had unpaid parking tickets or multiple violations ?

Posted on: 2015/12/4 22:47
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Thanks, good to know.

We're also approaching the end of the year. Perhaps the city has a revenue shortfall and this is a nice way to squeeze out some extra cash.

City? The people putting on the boots aren't cops, they're Newport mall cops (private security). Is the city even seeing a dime of that cash?

I replied to the OP which stated that the JC Parking Department was booting and ticketing these cars, and which made no mention of private security.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Thanks, good to know.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 22:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
about time!

Posted on: 2015/12/4 19:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks, good to know.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 18:53

Parking enforcement in Newport area
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I just came from Newport, where I had to run a few errands, and as I drove in I saw a JC Parking Department van double parked alongside cars while an enforcement officer was busy booting cars left and right. I saw at least five cars get booted, all within minutes. I got the sense that they would have booted more cars but had simply ran out of boots to put on them. As I departed 15 or 20 minutes later, I witnessed the owners of at least three cars standing around holding the violation notices and making phone calls.

Just a heads up for everyone. We are now in the Holidays season, when a lot of people drive to areas close to the PATH to go shopping in the city, and perhaps the city has decided to step up parking enforcement. Someone reported on a thread from last night that they were ticketed for parking too close to the intersection, in the middle of the night (around midnight?) so who knows... could be coincidence, or maybe enforcement is being stepped up.

Posted on: 2015/12/4 18:14

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017