Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
129 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 129

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 20 »

Re: Trump: 'Thousands' in Jersey City cheered on 9/11
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Donald Trump is a modern day Hitler, and his followers , I mean believers are nothing more than Natzis.

Well said.

?When the situation was manageable it was neglected, and now that it is thoroughly out of hand we apply too late the remedies which then might have effected a cure. There is nothing new in the story. It is as old as the sibylline books. It falls into that long, dismal catalogue of the fruitlessness of experience and the confirmed unteachability of mankind. Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong?these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history.?

?Winston Churchill - House of Commons, 2 May 1935

Funny that you quote Winston Churchill considering what he had to say about Islam.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 18:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
Donald Trump is a modern day Hitler, and his followers , I mean believers are nothing more than Natzis.

Well said.

?When the situation was manageable it was neglected, and now that it is thoroughly out of hand we apply too late the remedies which then might have effected a cure. There is nothing new in the story. It is as old as the sibylline books. It falls into that long, dismal catalogue of the fruitlessness of experience and the confirmed unteachability of mankind. Want of foresight, unwillingness to act when action would be simple and effective, lack of clear thinking, confusion of counsel until the emergency comes, until self-preservation strikes its jarring gong?these are the features which constitute the endless repetition of history.?

?Winston Churchill - House of Commons, 2 May 1935

Posted on: 2015/11/24 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/24 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
The link below details I witness accounts. Reading the article and some of the comments (of others who claim to have also witnessed) match exactly what my co-worker described.

She was part time only and was off work on 9/11. We were both back at work at 9/12, which is when she relayed what she saw to me.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/11/2 ... -saw-277082#ixzz3sLaXMvcE

note: I witnessed nothing like the above article in Jersey City. However, I did witness the that evening and the next day a bunch of Muslim women screaming out their windows around JSQ. They weren't speaking English, so I didn't know what it was all about.

However, later the news reported that a number of men in the area had been arrested or detained by the FBI right after the attacks. The screaming women were the wives, daughters, and sisters who just had seen their men taken away in handcuffs.

Conservative blowhard writes article claiming to have seen things thus it must be fact!

The reality is that there are people who cheered when the Red Sox won the World Series. Given our vast political and religious landscape, I'm sure there were some people that felt the USA needed to be taken down a peg and were happy about seeing it. None of that actually translates to "thousands in the streets of Jersey City" and given the accounts of those here listening to police scanners and the links to the articles about the Israelis on the roof... Yeah, it is still bullshit. This guy's claim is completely fabricated.

(PS: the term is eye witness: an honest mistype that I'm just using for clarity in the future.)

Wait, did you seriously just compare cheering for the Red Sox, an f-ing baseball team, to cheering the murder of thousands of Americans by a terrorist org that would happily roast every non-Muslim in America?

That is called making a joke. I?m sorry it flew so far over your head.

(PS: The Red Sox fans are just like ISIL, a terrible plague on the public.)

(PPS: That last comment was a joke, for those that have a problem distinguishing what a joke actually is.)

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:43
Dos A Cero

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
THe problem is that some Jersey City residence saw the muslim (men) celebrating and some didn't.

I know that the Muslim-bashers on the board will never admit it, but the obvious truth is that Trump is a bald-faced liar. He says he personally saw "thousands and thousands" celebrating in Jersey City on 9/11. He later specified that he saw this TV. Where is the video tape? It doesn't exist because it didn't happen.

The press never reported celebrations by Muslims. They reported allegations and investigations that some Muslims may have celebrated, but nothing was ever substantiated.

I was at the waterfront on 9/11 with thousands of others and I know that there was no celebration by anyone.

I also recall that these were crazy times filled with rumors and wild stories. I do recall a bodega owned by an Egyptian that was mobbed when word got out that the owner had a photo of Bin Laden behind the counter. Turns out the shop owner was a Coptic Christian and the photo was of the Coptic Pope. I have no doubt that everyone who heard about Muslims dancing in the streets did hear the stories. I just question whether anyone ever saw it happen. It is always somebody's cousin or neighbor.

Even if there were small numbers celebrating that doesn't change the fact that Trump is a fear mongering liar and bigot.

Post-9/11, we found no evidence N.J. Muslims celebrated terror attacks

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
We do know for sure that both Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson did say that the US and NY had it coming, on TV no less.

That's not in dispute.

But we still get mysterious friends talking about Muslims celebrating it. I think people lie about their friends, or their friends are liars.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:
The link below details I witness accounts. Reading the article and some of the comments (of others who claim to have also witnessed) match exactly what my co-worker described.

She was part time only and was off work on 9/11. We were both back at work at 9/12, which is when she relayed what she saw to me.

note: I witnessed nothing like the above article in Jersey City. However, I did witness the that evening and the next day a bunch of Muslim women screaming out their windows around JSQ. They weren't speaking English, so I didn't know what it was all about.

However, later the news reported that a number of men in the area had been arrested or detained by the FBI right after the attacks. The screaming women were the wives, daughters, and sisters who just had seen their men taken away in handcuffs.

Conservative blowhard writes article claiming to have seen things thus it must be fact!

The reality is that there are people who cheered when the Red Sox won the World Series. Given our vast political and religious landscape, I'm sure there were some people that felt the USA needed to be taken down a peg and were happy about seeing it. None of that actually translates to "thousands in the streets of Jersey City" and given the accounts of those here listening to police scanners and the links to the articles about the Israelis on the roof... Yeah, it is still bullshit. This guy's claim is completely fabricated.

(PS: the term is eye witness: an honest mistype that I'm just using for clarity in the future.)

Wait, did you seriously just compare cheering for the Red Sox, an f-ing baseball team, to cheering the murder of thousands of Americans by a terrorist org that would happily roast every non-Muslim in America?

I think you have Al Qaeda confused with ISIS

LOL, while I didn't "confuse them" you're kidding yourself if you think they're all that different. If you look at Al-Nusra or the Islamic courts in Somalia you'll see what I mean. Both sell a radical, hardline version of Sunni Islam that seeks to crush anyone that doesn't subscribe to their belief system.

There is a clear difference between AQ and ISIS and I will explain more later.

Anyways, if you are such a strong opponent of Sunni Islam (and I understand why), then what do you think about the US' long standing alliance with a Sunni Islam theocracy in Saudi Arabia? We support them financially and militarily and these funds and weapons make it into the hands of Sunni Islamic fighters.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Continuation...

So, if you get the eyewitnesses accounts of muslims celebrating in the pockets of Jersey City plus the eyewitness accounts in Paterson and Passaic, Michigan, Boston, prisoners converted into Islam, etc. it would be in the thousands since there are at that time 5 million muslims in USA?

Like I said before on the other thread, my friend was working in a Boston Hospital and the muslim patients were celebrating with that sound they make when in celebrating something and pumping their fists high, there were men and women muslims. She and other nurses and admins was so livid.

Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
THe problem is that some Jersey City residence saw the muslim (men) celebrating and some didn't.

Remember when 9/11 happened it was during the time people commuting on their way to work.

There were some still at home and some on the way to work - which this group of people would not have seen the muslims celebrating whereas, those that was still home , like my friends and the neighbors who told me of that day.

It would be hard to videotaped these muslims because there were no smartphone videos at taht time. Those that did get their camera out were too focus on the Towers on fire so many were on the Waterfront. My friends and some neighbors went on their roof or balconies to get a better look and that's when eyewitnesses saw a certain apartment building with at least 6 or 8 muslim men was celebrating. Eyewitnesses called 911 but since that time cellphone signals were so jammed by people calling in and out of NYC/JC area it would've been hard to get any cops. But eyewitnesses did get hold of cops and reported the building where they saw Muslim men celebrating on that day. Since it was hours or days after and cops didn't witness the activity, eyewitness reports were dismissed. But the talk kept alive for years and till this day.

That fateful day was brought up again when Paris was Attacked, reliving of eyewitnesses seeing Muslim Men in the neighborhood celebrating. Coincidence Trump ignited the talk openly across the Nation. The whispers was just in Jersey City from Westside, to Journal Sq, The Hill, Rte 440 down to Paulus Hook!

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:

Remember when 9/11 happened it was during the time people commuting on their way to work.

There were some still at home and some on the way to work - which this group of people would not have seen the muslims celebrating whereas, those that was still home , like my friends and the neighbors who told me of that day.

It would be hard to videotaped these muslims because there were no smartphone videos at taht time. Those that did get their camera out were too focus on the Towers on fire so many were on the Waterfront. My friends and some neighbors went on their roof or balconies to get a better look and that's when eyewitnesses saw a certain apartment building with at least 6 or 8 muslim men was celebrating. Eyewitnesses called 911 but since that time cellphone signals were so jammed by people calling in and out of NYC/JC area it would've been hard to get any cops. But eyewitnesses did get hold of cops and reported the building where they saw Muslim men celebrating on that day. Since it was hours or days after and cops didn't witness the activity, eyewitness reports were dismissed. But the talk kept alive for years and till this day.

That fateful day was brought up again when Paris was Attacked, reliving of eyewitnesses seeing Muslim Men in the neighborhood celebrating. Coincidence Trump ignited the talk openly across the Nation. The whispers was just in Jersey City from Westside, to Journal Sq, The Hill, Rte 440 down to Paulus Hook!

And yet, it's always through references to third parties and friends so people don't have to put their bigotry out there as their own.

It's bullshit. Trump said he saw it on TV, and the footage never existed. He's lying to lather up his right wing, bigoted base.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

... a terrorist org that would happily roast every non-Muslim in America?

No need for hysteria.

I don't think this is hysteria. I think it is an accurate description of the org that perpetrated 9/11. How would you describe them?

I also find it curious that we have people on this board actually defending AQ and insinuating that they're really "not that bad." I'd love further explanation.

There are far too many terrorist sympathizers on this board. Fortunately, as national polls indicate, they are not representative of the average American. Liberalism hasn't infected everyone...yet.

The 2016 election will be a mandate on how we choose to deal with these issues, and we can only hope the right choice is made.

The dichotomy presented here is why conservatives are sick. One conspiracy nut is not all liberals. Thankfully though, it looks like most Americans are not delusional, so we won't have to worry about a president elected from the current Republican clown car.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

No need for hysteria.

I don't think this is hysteria. I think it is an accurate description of the org that perpetrated 9/11. How would you describe them?

I also find it curious that we have people on this board actually defending AQ and insinuating that they're really "not that bad." I'd love further explanation.

There are far too many terrorist sympathizers on this board. Fortunately, as national polls indicate, they are not representative of the average American. Liberalism hasn't infected everyone...yet.

The 2016 election will be a mandate on how we choose to deal with these issues, and we can only hope the right choice is made.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

score09 wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

No need for hysteria.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

LOL, while I didn't "confuse them" you're kidding yourself if you think they're all that different. If you look at Al-Nusra or the Islamic courts in Somalia you'll see what I mean. Both sell a radical, hardline version of Sunni Islam that seeks to crush anyone that doesn't subscribe to their belief system.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/18 1:42
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

No need for hysteria.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Article is published in a far-right fringe publication, written by an individual whose credentials are unclear, aside from the fact that he started his own business at age 18 and has a vested interest in the furtherance of neoliberal policies given his supposed status as a real estate investor.

Moreover though, he says he saw fewer than 100 cheering and that those folks were in Paterson, so he says, not in Jersey City, which is what Trump said. Hardly supportive of Trump's claim.

As to the tweets embedded into the article, lol, pure folly. Social media is the new frontier as far as propaganda goes.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/24 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose...

By Jarvis DeBerry, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on November 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM

On Nov. 22, 1963, my home state of Mississippi was, like every other state in the South, solidly Democratic. And yet, according to my American History teacher, who was standing before a class in Columbus that day, when the intercom blared that President John F. Kennedy, a Democrat, had been assassinated in Dallas, her students responded with applause.

Imagine: Americans cheering the death of their own leader.

Students whose parents almost certainly identified themselves as Democrats whooping it up that the leader of that party had been killed. My teacher, Judy Morris, was telling that story to another Mississippi classroom nearly 30 years later to illustrate the virulent anti-Catholic hatred that pervaded the South.

She said her own grandmother, who given Ms. Morris' age must have been born in the late 1800s, had eventually reached a point where she could be cordial to black people. But the Catholics? No, sir. She could never stand the Catholics. And didn't mind saying it.

More - Read the Comments, Too

While that isn't great, that isn't comparable. Many people hate any given president. If GWB was assassinated while in office you can bet a bunch of people would have been elated. 9/11 wasn't a single president being killed by some mentally ill guy, it was thousands of civilians being murdered by people from another country promoting a radical ideology that would happily cheer if those thousands became 100s of millions of Americans. This isn't a minor difference - it is a world apart.

For some reason, it is become popular to equivocate everything these days. Where people are from doesn't matter, what people believe doesn't matter - everyone is the same. The trouble is that this isn't how humanity actually works or has ever worked. We are a tribal species and always will be. That is why when you have an Oswald killing JFK, you see a man killing another man, but when you see 9/11 terrorists strike, they are trying to kill as many people as possible because they are attacking the entire people. And of course this isn't condoning the murder of anyone - murder is obviously a horrendous crime. But murder multiplied by several thousand, with a goal to kill many more is obviously dramatically worse.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

MDM wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:22
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/24 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I am familiar with this story. The arresting officer, Scott DeCarlo, is some type of musician now, I think? I just can't believe that one of the deported would announce on television that "they were there to document the event," lol. Staged fodder for the gullible, kind of like the 9/11 Commission Report.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Botswana
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
When 9/11 happened the Jersey Journal used to have a live JC police scanner on their website. I remember listening to it for hours straight because I was amazed at the type of things I was hearing. The police were so tied up all the criminals were taking advantage of it. I heard reports of numerous bank robberies, armed robberies, stores being looted, shootings etc. It was the amount that was going on in such a short amount of time that kept me listening. You could hear the police saying how tied up they were Downtown they didn't have enough officers to respond to crimes in the rest of the city. Many times they would say they were too tied up to even respond at all to many of the crimes.

Now the things I heard that tied into this article were when I heard the reports of "Muslims celebrating". I remember most would be followed with the officer responding to the scene saying their was "no Muslims are celebrating" with no further info. One or two of them it was reported people were not Muslim and not celebrating. One was confirmed and the police radioed in some codes and said they had men detained. After that conversation someone told the officer to switch his frequency to a different one. That one I clearly remembered was called in as "Muslims dancing and celebrating on a roof top". That turned out to actually be the IsraelI men that the FBI questioned.

One I am really not sure if it could be confirmed if Muslims were really celebrating because the police said they had a mob forming with baseball bats trying to attack them. That is the ironic part the news after this event would try to say how every race and religion was standing together but I clearly remember a lot of anti Muslim attack reports over the scanner. A few were against store owners and some were in the streets. One report was a woman that was attacked. Their was one officer that sounded alarmed that their was a group going around attacking anyone thought to be Muslim and some of the victims were Coptic.

It always amazed me to this day how most of this never made the paper. I just took it as the city didn't want the public to know how bad things really were that day. I can only imagine the things I didn't hear when I stopped listening and the officers that switched over to a different frequency. As it got later in the day you would hear more officers say they were going to switch frequencies and a reference being made to no longer say certain things on that frequency (the one I was listening to).

Wow, nice post, and thanks for the insight! It serves as a primary document, in the qualitative sense, as to what really went down in Jersey City that day. I remember total chaos on Newark Avenue, with cops under duress just managing traffic flow. A lot of access roads were shut down, it was a very strange scene indeed.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 14:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/27 20:26
Group:
Registered Users
"This is yet another example of Trump?s revisionist history of his own recent statements. Trump didn?t say that he had read reports of Muslims in New Jersey celebrating the attacks; he said he had seen thousands of them doing so. This seems like the sort of thing people other than him, and apparently Ben Carson, would remember seeing. (Update Nov. 23, 6:02 p.m.: Carson has clarified that he was thinking of people celebrating in the Middle East, not the United States.) Perhaps Trump?s investigators can dig up this footage as soon as they finally get back from Hawaii with proof that Obama?s birth certificate is forged." (Emphasis added.)

Trump Is Tapping Into One of the Oldest 9/11 Urban Legends

Posted on: 2015/11/24 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/24 13:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users

I am talking about the people who helped the blind sheik were probably the ones who celebrated. No, they were not the average Muslim citizen, but to say celebrations did not happen is being blind yourself.[/quote]

Once again you sound like a lunatic, please keep on saying ridiculous things, good comedy.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 11:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/16 19:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne was also present when Whoraldo opened Al Capone's vault

But if you look real closely at the back of that vault you'll see there's a secret trap door that leads to an underground cave full of applauding Muslims.

Posted on: 2015/11/24 10:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 18:03
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/24 9:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
This was an archive from 2014 by Yvonne (Yvonne I hope you don't mind. You posted something poignant regarding the recent Trump debacle)

" Three people I know, a Van Vorst neighbor, a nun, I worked with, and a doctor in Bayonne, also told me they saw Muslim celebrating in NJ.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 17:52"

I bet if we asked for names, offered money and sort an interview from those 3 they would decline ... I also bet Yvonne would never name these 3 'reliable' sources to confirm her story or have they all passed away or moved to another city and State!

Posted on: 2015/11/24 8:20
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
This was an archive from 2014 by Yvonne (Yvonne I hope you don't mind. You posted something poignant regarding the recent Trump debacle)

"I tried to keep to the subject, but you are wrong about the celebrations. There a small sentence in the Star-Ledger when 9/11 happened concerning Paterson Muslim community and the celebrations reported. I also understand it was reported in the final 9/11 report. Three people I know, a Van Vorst neighbor, a nun, I worked with, and a doctor in Bayonne, also told me they saw Muslim celebrating in NJ. These 3 people do not know each other. I am quite sure some Muslims were horrified at 9/11 attack. But don't whitewash what happened. I really preferred we stick to the subject of the building which is my concerned.

Posted on: 2014/11/22 17:52"

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=365783

Posted on: 2015/11/24 7:45

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 16 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact