Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
135 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 19 »

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
I don't have children but

For some reason I strongly suspected your reply would start like this. If you had children, you might understand why there are more important things in life than "not being a racist."

Quote:
if I did I wouldn't be using them as an excuse to act like a xenophobic racist. The example you're setting for them is probably more dangerous for the community than a refugee moving into your neighborhood.

Yeah, when you gain some maturity you might realize that the worst thing in life aren't stupid labels. I don't care if I come off as "racist" in protecting my family and country. People like you resulted in scenes like this in Europe: http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/ ... harlie-hebdo-protests.jpg

If "racists like me" stop that from happening here then I can live with the label. By the way, racists in the house just passed a law ending the Syrian refugee program by a fairly large margin, with numerous democrats breaking ranks and joining with the Republicans. I consider myself in good company.

Finally, I'll note that you assume much when you describe me as "xenophobic" (such as that I and my family are even from this country). Even "racist" isn't actually a reasonable description, since I'm open to the concept of accepting Syrian Christian refugees. But whatever, if living with the label "xenophobic racist" is the price of stopping dangerous idiocy then fine, I don't really give a sh!t.

You are aware people can choose not to reproduce and still be adults with valid opinions right? Your opinion doesn't hold any more weight just because you spit out a kid. You'll do anything to protect your family? What the hell do you think these refugee families are doing when they flee their own country because they're afraid of being killed? Pull your head out of your own ass.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:36

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Bernie Sanders Condemns Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric: 'Shut That Door And Shut It Tight':

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/b ... 00000016§ion=politics

"I am disturbed by some of what I am hearing from my Republican colleagues, and I will just say this: During these difficult times, as Americans we will not succumb to racism," he said. "We will not allow ourselves to be divided and succumb to Islamophobia. We will not turn our backs on the refugees."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
GOP bashes Sanders over climate, national security link:

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... ional-security-link#break

"I suppose the far-right thinks it?s easy to take cheap shots at Bernie Sanders, but the reality is that the concerns he expressed are entirely in line with concerns raised by American military leaders for years. The New Republic?s Rebecca Leber asked in February, ?The U.S. military worries about climate change, so why don?t Republicans??

The answer, apparently, is that GOP lawmakers, when they?re not denying climate science altogether, are desperately trying to make the case that the climate crisis is ?unrelated? to security concerns.

They are, however, quite wrong."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Resized Image

Eerie similarity...

Posted on: 2015/11/19 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:55
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
Just in: Italy is on high alert ...

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Bernie Sanders Just Basically Called Out Donald Trump for Being a Racist:

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/ ... trump-opening-door-racism

What else could he be?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Donald Trump Says He's Open to Requiring American Muslims to Carry Special IDs:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2 ... ase-requiring-special-ids

"We're going to have to do things that we never did before," he said. "And some people are going to be upset about it, but I think that now everybody is feeling that security is going to rule. And certain things will be done that we never thought would happen in this country in terms of information and learning about the enemy. And so we're going to have to do certain things that were frankly unthinkable a year ago."

What type of unthinkable things is Trump?who has also floated the idea of shuttering certain mosques?proposing? He says he's potentially open to the creation of a database to track Muslim citizens, or requiring that Muslim Americans carry a special form of identification noting their faith.

It is worth pointing out that of the 745,000 refugees resettled in the United States since the September 11 terrorist attacks, only two have been arrested on terrorism-related charges, and in that case they were allegedly trying to aid Al Qaeda in Iraq."

Does he mean something similar what Nazi did with Jews?

At one point, I thought he was funny, but he is not funny any more.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why not vet and accept those with immediate families already living in the US?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
An option could be we take all the women and children under 16, then get the UN to set-up 'safe' camps in the region - With all the technology available for them to keep in touch with family (audio / visual link up). Once Syria has 'settled' they can all be reunited - War isn't pleasant and there are many sacrifices, but at least families could survive and those most vulnerable could be out of harms way.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:40
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Connecticut U.S. Senator Demands Changes to Visa Waiver Program:

http://wnpr.org/post/connecticut-us-s ... a-waiver-program#stream/0

"With several of the Paris attackers bearing EU passports," Murphy said, "making them eligible for the visa waiver program, this sense of security that we?ve had with these countries has been shattered. And so if we want to have a real conversation about changing our immigration laws to better protect this country, then focusing on 20 million lightly vetted visitors rather than 2,000 highly vetted visitors, sounds like the better approach."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
With millions of refugees wanting to come here, why doesn't Obama take the ones we CAN vet? Put them in the front of the line.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
DNC Chair Response to Trump Comments on Special Identifications, Database for Muslim-Americans

http://www.democrats.org/Post/dnc-cha ... cial-identifications-data

"Every American is united in wanting to keep our homeland secure and our families safe.

"Donald Trump?s openness to special identifications and a database for Muslim-Americans is beyond shameful, embodies the exclusionary culture of today?s Republican Party, and is a dangerous mindset our Greatest Generation fought and died to defeat seven decades ago. Mr. Trump should be ashamed for proposing that America could be a place where masses of humans are gathered and classified by their religion. We cannot let our political process be driven by fear."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Brave or whatever, it is not being scared llke certain posters mock it to be. It's being sensible. I'm sure they aren't homeowners because if they were they would defend their property from some loiterer or criminal. They sould like those ungrateful tenants who leave crap in the apartment after they moved out.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Last I remember it's muslims who have been blowing up American and European citizens...

FYI: I have a friend, when she was working in a Boston hospital, the muslim patients were celebrating with their cat calls on 9/11. She was livid and wanted to wheel their beds outta the hospital. I had to shake my head listening to this.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCorNYC wrote:
I'm sick and tired of Obama with this come one come all without vetting. If there was another 9/11 you know he would be the first one to be secured away from harms way leaving Americans to be left in harms way. Where was he and his politicians when 9/11 happened? It's big to talk when they're the ones who leaves the area all secured and safe. Same goes with celebrities who talk big about allowing foreigners with no vetting. Oh wait, where is that George Looney? He's been awfully quiet. OF Course he is, he married a European, who's country is now at war.

I'm sick of those posters who thinks by defending and securing the country as scared. Denying that the world has changed and you need to be aware of it is someone who is SCARED.

Someone who is aware of the situation and is cautious is BRAVE.

Real vetting is actually impossible under the circumstances. Anyone ever worked on employee background checks? You get information from several sources, such as the government, police departments, employers, etc. What access does the US government have for that information for Syrian refugees? Pretty much none. Unless they have previously been in the US and have been arrested or are one of the few actually on a terror watch list they are going to get a green light.

As to scared vs brave, it isn't "brave" to accept a bunch of refugees that might destroy your country (as similar people have destroyed Europe over the years), it is reckless. I agree with you that it is a different ballgame for Hollywood celebs and senior politicians who can live basically anywhere in the world and will be the first to flee to safety if it hits the fan. The rest of us will burn.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 20:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Guilty Until Proven Christian

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_an ... aders_can_only_agree.html

"Over the last 15 years, Republican politicians have struggled to manage public hostility toward Muslims. After 9/11, President George W. Bush said the United States was not at war with Islam, and Republicans followed his lead. Once Bush left office, an angry conservative elite, led by Newt Gingrich, Sarah Palin, and Rudy Giuliani, campaigned against the idea of allowing a mosque near Ground Zero. Now, after last week?s attack on Paris, Republicans are converging around a form of prejudice that?s easier to exploit and defend: Muslim refugees, unlike Christians, should be presumed guilty."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sick and tired of Obama with this come one come all without vetting. If there was another 9/11 you know he would be the first one to be secured away from harms way leaving Americans to be left in harms way. Where was he and his politicians when 9/11 happened? It's big to talk when they're the ones who leaves the area all secured and safe. Same goes with celebrities who talk big about allowing foreigners with no vetting. Oh wait, where is that George Looney? He's been awfully quiet. OF Course he is, he married a European, who's country is now at war.

I'm sick of those posters who thinks by defending and securing the country as scared. Denying that the world has changed and you need to be aware of it is someone who is SCARED.

Someone who is aware of the situation and is cautious is BRAVE.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
How We're Welcoming Syrian Refugees While Ensuring Our Safety

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/1 ... welcoming-syrian-refugees

Oh well, they're doing background checks on the flood of refugees despite no cooperation with the Syrian government and no real ability to investigate their background to any reasonable level of detail. Out of curiosity, did that really seem compelling to you?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Syrian Refugees Caught Between Political Rhetoric and Reality After Paris

http://www.nationaljournal.com/s/9814 ... toric-reality-after-paris

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
I don't have children but

For some reason I strongly suspected your reply would start like this. If you had children, you might understand why there are more important things in life than "not being a racist."

Quote:
if I did I wouldn't be using them as an excuse to act like a xenophobic racist. The example you're setting for them is probably more dangerous for the community than a refugee moving into your neighborhood.

Yeah, when you gain some maturity you might realize that the worst thing in life aren't stupid labels. I don't care if I come off as "racist" in protecting my family and country. People like you resulted in scenes like this in Europe: http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/ ... harlie-hebdo-protests.jpg

If "racists like me" stop that from happening here then I can live with the label. By the way, racists in the house just passed a law ending the Syrian refugee program by a fairly large margin, with numerous democrats breaking ranks and joining with the Republicans. I consider myself in good company.

Finally, I'll note that you assume much when you describe me as "xenophobic" (such as that I and my family are even from this country). Even "racist" isn't actually a reasonable description, since I'm open to the concept of accepting Syrian Christian refugees. But whatever, if living with the label "xenophobic racist" is the price of stopping dangerous idiocy then fine, I don't really give a sh!t.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Clinton Says US Needs Silicon Valley?s Help to Defeat ISIS:

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/clinton- ... isis/?mbid=social_twitter

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
How We're Welcoming Syrian Refugees While Ensuring Our Safety

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2015/1 ... welcoming-syrian-refugees

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Asif wrote:

I am assuming then you've booked your ticket to Syria to fight ISIS. Good luck brave sir.

Quote:

I was not born here and do have interest in defending this country.

Fuck you.

Asif,
He said he had an interest in defending this country, what does that have to do with going to Syria? I too wasn't born in this country would strongly want to do want to whatever I could to defend it. The fact that that you see it fit to try and belittle someone who expresses that says volumes about where your true loyalties lie.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Four dozen House Democrats broke ranks, despite heavy lobbying from the White House, to vote for stopping the Syrian refugees. A great rebuke to Obama's reckless policy.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
By the way, I can't think of a single reason why someone would want the refugees in their community.

That's because you're selfish. Not everyone thinks that way and a good number of people have no problem welcoming refugees (that includes innocent CHILDREN) fleeing violence. It's called not thinking like a gigantic selfish asshole- try it sometime. You might hate yourself a little less.

I'm not only selfish - I care about those already living in my community as well. I care about them significantly more than I care about people from a totally different society, many members of which hate everything this society is about. Yes, that includes the "innocent children" who grow up into the teens running from the west to join ISIS. By the way, many of us have innocent children as well. How do you look your children in the eyes and ponder that you vote to make their lives more dangerous for someone else's benefit? I choose not to do that.

I don't have children but if I did I wouldn't be using them as an excuse to act like a xenophobic racist. The example you're setting for them is probably more dangerous for the community than a refugee moving into your neighborhood.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:
By the way, I can't think of a single reason why someone would want the refugees in their community.

That's because you're selfish. Not everyone thinks that way and a good number of people have no problem welcoming refugees (that includes innocent CHILDREN) fleeing violence. It's called not thinking like a gigantic selfish asshole- try it sometime. You might hate yourself a little less.

I'm not only selfish (though I note that only the insane don't look out for their own interests) - I care about those already living in my community as well. I care about them significantly more than I care about people from a totally different society, many members of which hate everything this society is about. Yes, that includes the "innocent children" who grow up into the teens running from the west to join ISIS. By the way, many of us have innocent children as well. How do you look your children in the eyes and ponder that you vote to make their lives more dangerous for someone else's benefit? I choose not to do that.

By the way, I don't hate myself at all and sleep perfectly well at night.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

devilsadvocate wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Donald Trump?s sick resurgence: How Paris and refugee xenophobia gave new life to his campaign

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/19/donal ... ter&utm_medium=socialflow

"Dangerous times always favor the demagogues. People are worried, legitimately, about the very real threats we?re facing. And their anxiety and angst is easily exploited by fear-mongering politicians. Which is why we need adults in positions of responsibility, people who can talk honestly but soberly about our circumstances.

But Republican voters aren?t interested in adults right now, and a glance at the polls proves it."

lol @ "sick". Well, I'm definitely voting for him, and to the extent that I was even remotely considering someone else, these recent events have solidified my vote.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
Senate Dems vow to block refugee bill:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/26 ... vow-to-block-refugee-bill

YES!!

That would be AMAZING news ... for Donald Trump's campaign.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:58

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 19 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017