Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
111 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 111

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 19 »

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users
Most people regardless of their backgrounds, culture, faith...etc...want to live their lives in peace. It shouldn't be a surprise that most people would and do flee conflict. Most people fled during WWI and WWII. Why would it be any different in current conflicts?

Also, the majority of the people fighting Assad and ISIS are overwhelmingly Syrians and or Muslims.

Ps. I'll leave you with this mind blowing fact/statistic:

100% percent of JCLISTERS are not fighting ISIS.

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shocking to me was hearing Chris Matthews questioned that there are 4 million Syrian refugees, yet the US could only get 4 to volunteer to be trained to fight ISIS. Would only 1 in a million Americans stand up to defend our country? This is the type of people we want to come here??

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:58

Re: In case you missed the news.. major cooridinated Islamic terror attack in Paris
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/12 11:53
Group:
Registered Users

I am assuming then you've booked your ticket to Syria to fight ISIS. Good luck brave sir.

Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Shocking to me was hearing Chris Matthews questioned that there are 4 million Syrian refugees, yet the US could only get 4 to volunteer to be trained to fight ISIS. Would only 1 in a million Americans stand up to defend our country? This is the type of people we want to come here??

Uh I was born here and still have no interest in defending this country. It's not a draft. Just because you decide to immigrate here doesn't mean you're obligated to join the military.

I was not born here and do have interest in defending this country.

Fuck you.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/8 21:51
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Here Is Hillary Clinton's Plan to Defeat ISIS:

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum ... clintons-plan-defeat-isis

"For anybody who's been following this stuff, none of this should come as a surprise. At this point, I'd call it the conventional wisdom on ISIS: a stronger air campaign; local ground troops; political reconciliation in Baghdad; and better alliances with Turkey and our Arab allies. The truth is, this speech could have been given by any thoughtful Republican too. They would have spiced it up with a few more references to unspeakable evil and wars against civilization, and they would have pretended that all this stuff would be easy if we didn't have an appeaser in the White House, but the practical advice wouldn't differ much. As near as I can tell, that's because there just aren't many alternatives.

Now, the obvious problem is that all of this is easier said than done. A bigger air campaign is easy. But turning the Iraqi army into a competent fighting force is harder. Pressuring Baghdad to get its house in order is even harder. And a diplomatic solution in Syria that frees up local rebels to fight ISIS is so hard that I doubt we can do it.

So in a sense, this all boils down to competence. Roughly speaking, everyone agrees on the basic outline of what needs to be done. The question is which candidate is most likely to be able to do it. It's easy to figure out that, say, Ben Carson and Ted Cruz are at the bottom of that list. But who's at the top? Who do you trust the most to make progress on all this stuff? That's where the hammer and the nail finally meet."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Donald Trump?s sick resurgence: How Paris and refugee xenophobia gave new life to his campaign

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/19/donal ... ter&utm_medium=socialflow

"Dangerous times always favor the demagogues. People are worried, legitimately, about the very real threats we?re facing. And their anxiety and angst is easily exploited by fear-mongering politicians. Which is why we need adults in positions of responsibility, people who can talk honestly but soberly about our circumstances.

But Republican voters aren?t interested in adults right now, and a glance at the polls proves it."

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Clinton Defends Muslims In The Face Of ISIS Threat: ?Islam Is Not Our Adversary?

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/201 ... /clinton-defends-muslims/

?The obsession in some quarters with a clash of civilization or repeating the specific words, radical Islamic terrorism isn?t just a distraction. It gives these criminals, these murderers, more standing than they deserve. It actually plays into their hands by alienating partners we need by our side,? she added.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
Meanwhile in Israel an teenager from the USA was shot and killed by a Palestinian/Muslim terrorist.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stillinjc wrote:
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Uh I was born here and still have no interest in defending this country. It's not a draft. Just because you decide to immigrate here doesn't mean you're obligated to join the military.

Fuck you.

lol go ahead- no one is stopping you.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TonyTwoPoops wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Fuck you.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 18:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Atsushi, you seem like a classic crazy uncle type yourself. Getting all worked up over this issue, going around posting links to just about anything you come across which supports your way of thinking. lol
Quote:

Atsushi wrote:
How To Talk To Your Crazy Uncle At Thanksgiving About Syrian Refugees:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/s ... 00000016§ion=politics

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Hey, I watch about as much, or more, of the left wing news outlets. But my point was to the HuffPost piece-it's not anyone's crazy uncle opposing Syrian refugees, it's mom and dad, and your cousins, and your family serving in the military. It's people thinking we should take care of our homeless veterans with our limited resources rather than Muslims who may be pulling a Trojan Horse. (BTW, it was an NBC News poll, not Fox, in case you were wondering).

Also, anyone who has spends/spent a significant amount of time in Europe will oppose the refugees even more.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/30 19:03
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

First of all, what are you doing watching/listening/paying attention to Chris Matthews of all people?!

Secondly, I have no idea of the poll or how many people the USA asked. Did they ask every single person? Where was the questioning done?

Lastly, if you were one of those refugees, couldn't you see a situation where you arrive in Germany and think, "Why would I want to go back there at the risk of death when I can keep my family safe here?"

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Considering that, overwhelmingly, the USA populace wants to stop Syrian refugees from entering until they can be vetted I say the Huff Post piece is stupid. No shock there. It's not your crazy uncle, but the majority of citizens.

Just because a majority want something doesn't make them right.

It also doesn't mean that the majority aren't making their decisions based on irrational fear.

Yeah, I would say the events in Europe demonstrate exactly how rational it all is. Mind you, it isn't the first time this particular segment of society has caused issues there. Charlie Hebdo wasn't long ago, and there were prior riots over a freakin' cartoon before that. Given that, you think it is in any way irrational that many (including myself) don't want these people here and will vote accordingly?

I can provide a ton of evidence about this particular population segment that will support my point (from a significant percentage thinking suicide bombing civilians is legitimate, to youtube videos of these guys going nuts in at a Swedish University over an "offensive" movie, to images of their protests in Europe calling for Sharia law). But you cannot be unaware of this stuff by now, so please stop insulting our intelligence by trying to claim that wanting to keep the Muslim refugees out is some irrational fear of something that could potentially happen that hasn't in the past.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, I watch about as much, or more, of the left wing news outlets. But my point was to the HuffPost piece-it's not anyone's crazy uncle opposing Syrian refugees, it's mom and dad, and your cousins, and your family serving in the military. It's people thinking we should take care of our homeless veterans with our limited resources rather than Muslims who may be pulling a Trojan Horse. (BTW, it was an NBC News poll, not Fox, in case you were wondering).

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

First of all, what are you doing watching/listening/paying attention to Chris Matthews of all people?!

Secondly, I have no idea of the poll or how many people the USA asked. Did they ask every single person? Where was the questioning done?

Lastly, if you were one of those refugees, couldn't you see a situation where you arrive in Germany and think, "Why would I want to go back there at the risk of death when I can keep my family safe here?"

Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Considering that, overwhelmingly, the USA populace wants to stop Syrian refugees from entering until they can be vetted I say the Huff Post piece is stupid. No shock there. It's not your crazy uncle, but the majority of citizens.

Just because a majority want something doesn't make them right.

It also doesn't mean that the majority aren't making their decisions based on irrational fear.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:33
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
NRA, Republicans block proposed law to stop suspected terrorists from buying guns in U.S.

The NRA ? and their gun-loving Republican cohorts ? are refusing once more to stop terrorists intent on getting armed in the U.S.A.

A legal loophole allows suspected terrorists on the government?s no-fly list to legally buy guns, but a bill to fix that will likely wither on the vine. The federal Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act, even in the wake of last week?s terrorist killing of 129 people in Paris, remains a long shot due to its rabid pro-gun opponents.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/polit ... -report-article-1.2437868

ISIS must love the NRA!

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/7 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
The Dept. of Defense has banned military and civilian staff from visiting Paris, unless there on official business.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/19 17:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/1 18:03
Group:
Registered Users
We should go back to stringent process for letting immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers in.

Especially when the world has change since 1993 WTC Bombing we should be VETTING

Posted on: 2015/11/19 16:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/23 15:07
From Between Thought and Expression
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Wow Yvonne thanks for the insightful link! I think you'll enjoy this:

Historians Politely Remind Nation To Check What's Happened In Past Before Making Any Big Decisions

WASHINGTON?With the United States facing a daunting array of problems at home and abroad, leading historians courteously reminded the nation Thursday that when making tough choices, it never hurts to stop a moment, take a look at similar situations from the past, and then think about whether the decisions people made back then were good or bad.

According to the historians, by looking at things that have already happened, Americans can learn a lot about which actions made things better versus which actions made things worse, and can then plan their own actions accordingly.

"In the coming weeks and months, people will have to make some really important decisions about some really important issues," Columbia University historian Douglas R. Collins said during a press conference, speaking very slowly and clearly so the nation could follow his words. "And one thing we can do, before making a choice that has permanent consequences for our entire civilization, is check real quick first to see if human beings have ever done anything like it previously, and see if turned out to be a good idea or not."

"It's actually pretty simple: We just have to ask ourselves if people doing the same thing in the past caused something bad to happen," Collins continued. "Did the thing we're thinking of doing make people upset? Did it start a war? If it did, then we might want to think about not doing it."

In addition, Collins carefully explained that if a past decision proved to be favorable?if, for example, it led to increased employment, caused fewer deaths, or made lots of people feel good inside? then the nation should consider following through with the same decision now.

While the new strategy, known as "Look Back Before You Act," has raised concerns among people worried they will have to remember lots of events from long ago, the historians have assured Americans they won't be required to read all the way through thick books or memorize anything.

Instead, citizens have been told they can just find a large-print, illustrated timeline of historical events, place their finger on an important moment, and then look to the right of that point to see what happened afterward, paying especially close attention to whether things got worse or better.

"You know how the economy is not doing so well right now?" Professor Elizabeth Schuller of the University of North Carolina said. "Well, in the 1930s, financial markets?no, wait, I'm sorry. Here: A long, long time ago, way far in the past, certain things happened that were a lot like things now, and they made people hungry and sad."

"How do you feel when you're hungry? Doesn't feel good, does it?" Schuller added. "So, maybe we should avoid doing those things that caused people to feel that way, don't you think?"

Concluding their address, the panel of scholars provided a number of guidelines to help implement the strategy, reminding the nation that the biggest decisions required the most looking back, and stressing the importance of checking the past before one makes a decision, not afterward, when the decision has already been made.

While many citizens have expressed skepticism of the historians' assertions, the majority of Americans have reportedly grasped the concept of noticing bad things from earlier times and trying not to repeat them.

"I get it. If we do something bad that happened before, then the same bad thing could happen again," said Barb Ennis, 48, of Pawtucket, RI. "We don't want history to happen again, unless the thing that happened was good."

"When you think about it, a lot of things have happened already," Ennis added. "That's what history is."

In Washington, several elected officials praised the looking-back-first strategy as a helpful, practical tool with the potential to revolutionize government.

"The things the historians were saying seemed complicated at first, but now it makes sense to me," said Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX), who reversed his opposition to oil-drilling safety regulations after checking past events and finding a number of "very, very sad things [he] didn't like." "I just wished they'd told us about this trick before."

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/economi ... -Big-Decisions?int=a14709

Posted on: 2015/11/19 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
How To Talk To Your Crazy Uncle At Thanksgiving About Syrian Refugees:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/s ... 00000016§ion=politics

Posted on: 2015/11/19 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/1 0:23
From the village
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Monroe wrote:

Posted on: 2015/11/19 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/19 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree we should not send our troops on ground to fight ISIS. This is a Syrian and European problem. But as a country we should be cautious who we allow in. We've got enough problems with illegals entering from South of the Border.

Quote:

neverleft wrote:
Bloomberg Poll: Most Americans Oppose Syrian Refugee Resettlement

By Margaret Talev
November 18, 2015 ? 2:23 PM EST

Americans agree with Republican presidential candidates on refugees, but are divided on whether to send U.S. troops to Iraq and Syria to fight the Islamic State, according to the poll.

Most Americans want the U.S. to stop letting in Syrian refugees amid fears of terrorist infiltrations after the Paris attacks, siding with Republican presidential candidates, governors, and lawmakers who want to freeze the Obama administration?s resettlement program.

The findings are part of a Bloomberg Politics national poll released Wednesday that also shows the nation divided on whether to send U.S. troops to Iraq and Syria to fight the Islamic State, an idea President Barack Obama opposes, and whether the U.S. government is doing enough to protect the homeland from a comparable attack.

Fifty-three percent of U.S. adults in the survey, conducted in the days immediately following the attacks, say the nation should not continue a program to resettle up to 10,000 Syrian refugees. Just 28 percent would keep the program with the screening process as it now exists, while 11 percent said they would favor a limited program to accept only Syrian Christians while excluding Muslims, a proposal Obama has dismissed as ?shameful? and un-American.

Resized Image

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/art ... rian-refugee-resettlement

Posted on: 2015/11/19 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The problem is not refugee in general it's where the refugees are coming from is the problem and the media and people won't say it. Generalizing is problematic and why it becomes a heated discussion, misconstrue and gets lost in translation.

Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
While it would certainly be a nice surprise if everyone in this blog agreed with me and many others in this thread expressing similar opinions, it would ultimately be a novelty.

I have previously outlined what must be done, but the first thing is blocking the refugees from coming here, due to the increased terrorist risk.

The second, and probably more important thing, is to keep close tabs on mosques, and arrest or deport all of the radical preachers. If you google, you will find many well-known radical Islamic preachers who spread their hate, and this jihad/ anti-West ideology.

It is simply unacceptable that they are allowed to do this without consequence.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, it should be Assad and Europe's problem since they are strategically close to the situation. They need to step up against ISIS. Europe as a whole rise up together and annihilate ISIS the problem will be solved. IMO

I feel US should stay out of it unless we get hit with another 9/11. And no US ground troops in Syria. We shouldn't go there.

Quote:

dwocius wrote:
I find it amazing that Obama believes that it is Russia and Iran that must change their tune on Assad, and not him. Is the guy (Obama) naive or a psycho? He should already realize that ISIS would never allow the Opposition to govern Syria; it would be another Libya, only worse.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/1 ... ria-idUSKCN0T80KP20151119

Posted on: 2015/11/19 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/opi ... aying-ourselves.html?_r=0

If the Islamic State wanted to dispatch a terrorist to America, it wouldn?t ask a mole to apply for refugee status, but rather to apply for a student visa to study at, say, Indiana University. Hey, governors, are you going to keep out foreign university students?

Or the Islamic State could simply send fighters who are French or Belgian citizens (like some of those behind the Paris attacks) to the U.S. as tourists, no visa required. Governors, are you planning to ban foreign tourists, too?

Posted on: 2015/11/19 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Anti-refugee backlash at local level turns ugly

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-sh ... al-level-turns-ugly#break

"History will not be kind"

Posted on: 2015/11/19 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Poll: A Majority of Americans Oppose Accepting Syrian Refugees

by ALLISON KOPICKI, JOHN LAPINSKI and HANNAH HARTIG

In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris, more than half of the nation's governors have declared they will not accept new Syrian refugees into their states, and a new poll shows that a majority of Americans disapprove of President Obama's plans to accept increased numbers of Syrian refugees. The latest NBC News/SurveyMonkey online poll shows that 56% of Americans disapprove of allowing more migrants fleeing violence in Syria and other nations into the country, while 41% approve and the issue divides sharply across party lines. But overwhelmingly, Americans say the U.S. and its allies are losing the war against ISIS and the poll shows bipartisan support for sending additional ground troops to fight the Islamic militants in Iraq and Syria.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/polit ... g-syrian-refugees-n465816

Posted on: 2015/11/19 13:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/19 12:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
The US warned France in May specifically about the mastermind and Turkey warned them TWICE about two other guys on that crew.

Posted on: 2015/11/19 12:41

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 19 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017