Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Council President Lavarro/Matthew Kopko
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/5 21:44
Group:
Registered Users
The dirty trick KKK cartoon handout-yup, lots of class coming from the eventual winners.

Posted on: 2015/11/7 0:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
10/28/15 Council Meeting?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4VEBbBGTbMM?feature=player_detailpage

Yvonne: 1:11 ? 1:17

Matt Kopko: 1:17 ? 1:22

Lavarro: 1:22:24

Is Lavarro going to get reprimanded for that outburst? How unprofessional. Was that legal?

?come Tuesday vote row B?vote for Hudson County Democrats?you are a Tea Party Republican?

PS ? I am a big Team Fulop supporter but that was disturbing..

Posted on: 2015/11/7 0:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/5 18:27
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
It doesn't change the information that this election unearthed: the relationship between Eugene McKnight who stole welfare money and cheese and is now taking care of election process for Fulop or the fact that Nick Chiaravalloti lost his law license. I also learned Bayonne is not going to place a ferry slip in because the powers to be wants housing there. It is obvious Hudson County needs another ferry service. Plus the administration did not play the video on Channel 1 showing Lavarro telling the public who to vote for before the election.

And Kopko is a proven liar and charlatan. He's a trust fund baby born with a silver spoon in his mouth that runs around as a cosplay victim. His antics are beyond unseemly.

The crap about the law license was debunked.

Kopko can now go back to thinking the Samsung Chromebook will change computing forever.

Posted on: 2015/11/4 18:29
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
It doesn't change the information that this election unearthed: the relationship between Eugene McKnight who stole welfare money and cheese and is now taking care of election process for Fulop or the fact that Nick Chiaravalloti lost his law license. I also learned Bayonne is not going to place a ferry slip in because the powers to be wants housing there. It is obvious Hudson County needs another ferry service. Plus the administration did not play the video on Channel 1 showing Lavarro telling the public who to vote for before the election.

Posted on: 2015/11/4 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Kopko, gracious in defeat:
Resized Image

Kopko spent his entire campaign playing the victim. It fits the silver spoon fed man well...

Posted on: 2015/11/4 16:12
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Council meetings are viewed by the public the next day on Channel 1. So far, this council meeting has not been on Channel 1 although Channel 1 is showing the caucus meeting which appeared two days earlier. Channel 1 is the property of the City of JC.

Posted on: 2015/10/31 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users

was there - clearly inappropriate and sounded even worse in person (than the article.)

Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
More than likely this is just misinformation from our resident Yvonne. I assume council meetings are recorded and part of the public record, so it should be pretty easy to verify what was actually said.

Yvonne, why did you not record like when you caught former gov McGreevey thrown out of that public meeting. Now that was gold!!

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Obviously it is wrong, though Kopko, a Bayonne resident, is realistically speaking as a candidate not a citizen. He has been trying to bait people by making unfounded accusations and smears.

Yvonne and others often complain that when the same talking heads speak up in public comment, that the Council ignores them. Now when they speak, Yvonne decries it for being "political."

Nevertheless, if Rolando explicitly made an endorsement of candidates from the podium it is clearly inappropriate. But I have no interest in nurturing Kopko's whining victim attitude that he has shamefully displayed throughout this campaign.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 17:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCGuys wrote:
Quote:

Yvonne, I may owe you an apology. wow.

Thumbs up for manning up.

Personally I don't know a thing about Lavarro. The article states he's probably going to run for mayor in 2017. Based on his quotes in the article, he doesn't come across as very impressive.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/5/7 3:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne, I may owe you an apology. wow.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 16:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
For a person who was not there, you are stating misinformation! Are you working for the administration?

You caught me.

Sincerely,

Steven

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
For a person who was not there, you are stating misinformation! Are you working for the administration?

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
More than likely this is just misinformation from our resident Yvonne. I assume council meetings are recorded and part of the public record, so it should be pretty easy to verify what was actually said.

Yvonne, why did you not record like when you caught former gov McGreevey thrown out of that public meeting. Now that was gold!!

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:
Obviously it is wrong, though Kopko, a Bayonne resident, is realistically speaking as a candidate not a citizen. He has been trying to bait people by making unfounded accusations and smears.

Yvonne and others often complain that when the same talking heads speak up in public comment, that the Council ignores them. Now when they speak, Yvonne decries it for being "political."

Nevertheless, if Rolando explicitly made an endorsement of candidates from the podium it is clearly inappropriate. But I have no interest in nurturing Kopko's whining victim attitude that he has shamefully displayed throughout this campaign.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
GOP candidates question why float was barred from Hispanic State Parade

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/index ... ost_400.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious, what is Matthew Kopko doing speaking to the council of a town he doesn't live in?

Looks like he wanted to use our council meeting as a means by which to create a campaign video. He can go pound sand.

Quote:

JPhurst wrote:

Repped for Real Talk.

That is an absolute fact.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:36
Dos A Cero

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
There was no reason to bring in who to vote in the Board of ed race. It is obvious this administration is backing Angela and Nick afterall, Angela's uncle by marriage is Eugene McKnight, a person who put Coleman in office. But you cannot tell Jayson not to announce his ballot position and then tell people who to vote for including their ballot positions. This is called electioneering and it is perhaps illegal.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/11/28 0:04
From New Urbanist Area
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, it is true. You might remember, Jayson Burg ran for Ward A council. When he approached the podium at City Hall, Jayson would announced his ballot position. Council President Lavarro
would say cannot do that, so Lavarro knows what he did was wrong.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
If this is true, it's quite troubling.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 13:44

Council President Lavarro/Matthew Kopko
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
At tonight council meeting, Matthew Kopko spoke as a citizen on what is wrong. That is his right as an American citizen. What surprised me was the response after Kopko said down by the Council President. Lavarro, said after the election Kopko will not appear because he urged everyone to vote the Democratic line. He called Kopko a teaparty Republican. Lavarro also said to vote for the endorsed candidates who are running for school board, he gave the ballots for the school board - meaning do not vote for Gina Verdibello. I have attended 40 years of council meetings and I have never heard anyone use their seat to endorse candidates, I am disappointed to see this. Wasn't this the administration who was going to remove cronyism from city hall?

Posted on: 2015/10/29 1:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017