Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
69 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 69

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: SIX People Shot Over Halloween Weekend in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Those victims are the ones who will be going back to those neighborhoods after they're released from the hospital. So yeah, they are probably going to keep their mouths shut. Sad.

Posted on: 2015/11/3 2:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/16 11:22
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
In the immortal words of chris rock, if you're on MLK, run, there's some violence going down.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 12:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
My favorite part of town and at the usually time of the night / morning

Posted on: 2015/11/2 7:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"But in virtually every case, the shooting victims were uncooperative with officers or came down with sudden amnesia, according to the authorities."

That is the only line that counts. Can't expect the cops or Fulop to wave their magic wand and prevent crime when the victims refuse to cooperate.

"That is the only line that counts."

Exactly - but I would suggest the other line that counts is "according to the authorities" - if the authorities are credible.

In a great majority of JJ articles of late, victims have been subtly blamed for being shot or murdered. Six of our citizens were shot this weekend, and one is supposed to shrug it off because the authorities tell us "they weren't cooperative." It looks awfully good in print and relieves us of the burden of sympathy, huh?

Victims are still victims.

I do believe the authorities. This type of lie is just too difficult to get away with. I'm sure if the police were lying, the victims would run right to the bigger news agencies, who would love to print a story how the police are refusing to help the victims, and are lying to cover it up.

No one is telling you to shrug the shootings off. But it's just reality that when every single victim refuses to cooperate with authorities, the police cannot wave a magic wand and make everything better. Just the opposite. By refusing to help put these shooters behind bars, the victims are ensuring there will be more bloodshed in the future.

Doesn't change their victim status, but it's just an unfortunate fact of life.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 2:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"But in virtually every case, the shooting victims were uncooperative with officers or came down with sudden amnesia, according to the authorities."

That is the only line that counts. Can't expect the cops or Fulop to wave their magic wand and prevent crime when the victims refuse to cooperate.

"That is the only line that counts."

Exactly - but I would suggest the other line that counts is "according to the authorities" - if the authorities are credible.

In a great majority of JJ articles of late, victims have been subtly blamed for being shot or murdered. Six of our citizens were shot this weekend, and one is supposed to shrug it off because the authorities tell us "they weren't cooperative." It looks awfully good in print and relieves us of the burden of sympathy, huh?

Victims are still victims.

Posted on: 2015/11/2 2:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/11/2 1:55

SIX People Shot Over Halloween Weekend in JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
By Michaelangelo Conte | The Jersey Journal
on November 01, 2015 at 7:23 PM, updated November 01, 2015 at 7:24 PM

JERSEY CITY - In a Halloween weekend filled with real-life horrors, gunfire erupted in parts of the city and six people were sent to the hospital with bullet wounds, officials said. But in virtually every case, the shooting victims were uncooperative with officers or came down with sudden amnesia, according to the authorities.

More (Victim Blaming)

And in other news...from the reliable folks at WalletHub.com

JC is the Second Best City When it Comes to Halloween

Posted on: 2015/11/2 1:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact