Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: PSE&G work done on your block? Remember to turn on your pilot lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone else notice that Councilwoman Osborne's PSE&G weekly update claimed that certain street repaving had been marked "COMPLETE" where no repaving has happened at all? I hope PSE&G isn't trying to shirk their responsibilities.

Posted on: 2015/11/25 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
again, the paving schedule is updated and released weekly.

Quote:

baxtyre wrote:
Are the roads ever going to be repaved or are we just stuck with PSEG's shotty work? I used to have a wonderful bike route down Jersey Ave towards LSP, but the ride back has been completely ruined and given me more than a few flat tires because of their repair work, especially around VVP.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
http://candiceosborne.us3.list-manage ... d=e8d64299ef&e=8c95679a9c

Naturally, the paving schedule comes with a *Weather Permitting* qualifier. Waiting until late November to pave hot asphalt onto a freezing substrate is too stupid for words. Gas lines were done around VVP a few weeks ago and I haven't seen a single street being repaved since. Why the hell would they wait until November???

Posted on: 2015/10/29 16:23

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/12/26 1:22
Group:
Registered Users
Are the roads ever going to be repaved or are we just stuck with PSEG's shotty work? I used to have a wonderful bike route down Jersey Ave towards LSP, but the ride back has been completely ruined and given me more than a few flat tires because of their repair work, especially around VVP.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 15:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/17 15:47
From Hoboken
Group:
Registered Users
Robin

Please contact Richard.DwyerJr@pseg.com with your questions and/or concerns. Thank you.

Posted on: 2015/10/29 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/10 13:10
From Downtown JC, VVP Area
Group:
Registered Users
Tern:

They'll fix the sidewalk (within reason) but sometimes it's a few weeks after the gas line goes in and in the meantime a temporary patch is installed-

The circular thing inside is a pressure regulator. The new gas lines in the street are 15 psi. The old lines they replace was about 1/2 psi. So 30x the pressure. That second line going out of your stoop is a blowoff pipe in case the regulator in your basement should fail or a line is accidentally ruptured. If you reach under that little square cap on the outside of your building you'll feel a fine mesh screen to prevent bugs from nesting in the pipe and potentially clogging it.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 18:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
PSEG is coming by to propertly patch all sidewalks as Phase 2 of this project, just as they will be repaving streets. Councilwoman Osborne sends out a weekly schedule of street work that often (always?) includes the anticipated repaving dates as well. You can ask her to add your name to that distribution list.

Quote:

tern wrote:
PSEG have now done this gas-line replacement work on my house, and I have a couple of issues/questions:

1. They dug up the sidewalk in front of my house and did one of their half-arsed patch jobs, which we all know and love them for perpetrating upon the streets all over Jersey City. I of course am responsible for maintaining the sidewalk in front of my house which is now uneven, god knows how much worse it will be in a year. Do I have any recourse to ask them to come back and repair it properly?

2. In addition to replacing the incoming gas-line and meter, they smashed a hole through my stoop without asking or letting me know, and added a second line going into the gas-metre. Not sure what this second line is for it is not connected to anything, just goes outside through the stoop and ends up connected to nothing, with a kind of square cap on the end that seems open, is this some kind of air intake or pressure relief line? I can't figure it out. On the inside this new line goes into some new circular contraption next to the metre, which was not there before.

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 17:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
PSEG have now done this gas-line replacement work on my house, and I have a couple of issues/questions:

1. They dug up the sidewalk in front of my house and did one of their half-arsed patch jobs, which we all know and love them for perpetrating upon the streets all over Jersey City. I of course am responsible for maintaining the sidewalk in front of my house which is now uneven, god knows how much worse it will be in a year. Do I have any recourse to ask them to come back and repair it properly?

2. In addition to replacing the incoming gas-line and meter, they smashed a hole through my stoop without asking or letting me know, and added a second line going into the gas-metre. Not sure what this second line is for it is not connected to anything, just goes outside through the stoop and ends up connected to nothing, with a kind of square cap on the end that seems open, is this some kind of air intake or pressure relief line? I can't figure it out. On the inside this new line goes into some new circular contraption next to the metre, which was not there before.

Robin.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 17:19

PSE&G work done on your block? Remember to turn on your pilot lights
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Friendly reminder that people with old stoves have pilot lights, often on both the range top and the oven. If your building/neighbors has been one of the many with the gas shut off to connect the new line, then all the flames on your stove are now leaking gas unless you've relit them already.

If you aren't sure, how does your range turn on? Does it come on automatically without a clicking sound? You've probably got a pilot light. For your oven, check in the broiler - the heating element is usually there.

Remember to check on your neighbors, too. They might be on vacation, not know how, etc. etc. If they're not home and you can't get ahold of them, contact the landlord to have them check and make sure the lights are lit and not leaking gas into their building/apartment/unit.

I speak from annoying experience with this, 5 of the 8 apartments in my building have pilot-light stoves and the landlord was a fucking moron who didn't have anyone around to re-light these despite him saying he'd be there himself.

Posted on: 2015/10/28 16:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017