Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
46 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 2
Guests: 44

ispongebob, santaclaus, more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#40
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2277
Offline

$90K salary for what? Jersey City people have right to know | Morgan's Corner

Jersey City taxpayers might like to know what the Right Rev. Reginald McCrae, the city's $90,000-a-year chief diversity and inclusion officer, is doing to address the lack of city purchasing contracts and employment opportunities that minority groups are experiencing.

McCrae was hired in 2015 and tasked with the responsibility of issuing annual reports on progress being made to close the yawning gap minority- and women-owned businesses face with their non-minority competitors. At least that's what his job description says.

However, no reports, as far as it can be determined, have been released to the public, who pays McCrae's salary. Reaching McCrae to ask him about the matters is virtually impossible since the closest you can get to talking to him is a voicemail on his office phone.

http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ty_people_have_right.html


Posted on: 11/9 18:21
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#39
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1344
Offline
Quote:

richieveal wrote:
I work in the construction management side, minority owners are almost always the husband wife team which has the wife at 51% ownership. The second and far fewer to choose from is a true minority but they know that they can charge almost anything they want because of the minority requirement.
The hard fact is that there are very few true minority owned businesses out there.


Hopefully it is not gouging, as much a higher cost of doing business for small businesses. The ownership thing is quite common, especially with the GSA.

If the contractor is delivering, I do not have a real problem with who is the owner. The whole process is ripe for abuse and needs to be monitored, but it can also mean a step up for legitimate businesses. Seems to me if your business is a good performer, larger companies will seek you out as partners.

Posted on: 2/2 12:25
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#38
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/5/25 16:27
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 92
Offline
I work in the construction management side, minority owners are almost always the husband wife team which has the wife at 51% ownership. The second and far fewer to choose from is a true minority but they know that they can charge almost anything they want because of the minority requirement.
The hard fact is that there are very few true minority owned businesses out there.

Posted on: 2/2 7:33
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#37
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/5/12 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1344
Offline
4 Years for MGT to write and deliver a report? And after appointing and paying a Director to manage a non-existent city department for over a year ago, the "strategic plan" is just being delivered?

DeBlasio hired the same company to deliver the same type report for 2 years of "work" for $900K+. The JC report costs are water under the bridge now but it sounds like someone has not been working hard to make sure this project gets of the ground.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/polit ... t-study-article-1.2447449

Posted on: 2/1 23:34
Print Top


Re: Jersey City to set up office on diversity
#36
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/7/16 23:05
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 705
Offline
Quote:

Stringer wrote:

City to set up office on diversity

HUDSON REPORTER - Feb 05, 2016
JERSEY CITY -- Seeking to implement the recommendations of a report on diversity in Jersey City, Mayor Steven Fulop is asking the City Council to introduce an ordinance that would create a new office of Diversity and Inclusion.

The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, under the leadership of Reverend Reginald McRae, will work to ensure that minority- and women-owned businesses have an equal and fair opportunity to bid and win city contracts.

The city first commissioned a study on active and passive discrimination in procurement practices in 2007. The report, produced by MGT of America, came to be known as the “Croson Report” and took four years to complete; it concluded that minority and women-owned businesses were often underutilized.

“Over the last year, this committee has worked to understand the barriers facing minority and women-owned businesses. We took our time in order to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to address that disparity,” said Councilwoman Diane Coleman, who chaired the Croson study committee. “Through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, I and the entire committee are looking forward to expanding access to economic opportunity to all of the city’s residents.”



As long as we are wasting tax dollars on diversity offices the lemmings should be happy

Posted on: 2/1 18:24
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#35
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2277
Offline

A year later, still no minority hiring or contracts in Jersey City | Morgan

Posted on February 1, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Last year Jersey City looked as if it was making efforts to come to grips with the massive disparities in purchasing and hiring of minorities, as documented in a 2011 study. A year later, aside from creating a few new city jobs, little has been done to make a dent in the problem.

In fact, things may have gotten worse -- exacerbated by the outrage of building an annex to City Hall on Martin Luther King Drive without a single minority contractor receiving a lick of work on the project.

Mayor Steve Fulop held a couple of meetings last week with some black leaders and developers, but presented no employment figures from the Office of Inclusion on minority contractors receiving any city contracts or sub-contracts.

Read more:  http://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2 ... ey_city_despite_ne_1.html


Posted on: 2/1 17:51
Print Top


Jersey City to set up office on diversity
#34
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/2/20 13:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2277
Offline

City to set up office on diversity

HUDSON REPORTER - Feb 05, 2016
JERSEY CITY -- Seeking to implement the recommendations of a report on diversity in Jersey City, Mayor Steven Fulop is asking the City Council to introduce an ordinance that would create a new office of Diversity and Inclusion.

The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, under the leadership of Reverend Reginald McRae, will work to ensure that minority- and women-owned businesses have an equal and fair opportunity to bid and win city contracts.

The city first commissioned a study on active and passive discrimination in procurement practices in 2007. The report, produced by MGT of America, came to be known as the “Croson Report” and took four years to complete; it concluded that minority and women-owned businesses were often underutilized.

“Over the last year, this committee has worked to understand the barriers facing minority and women-owned businesses. We took our time in order to develop a comprehensive strategic plan to address that disparity,” said Councilwoman Diane Coleman, who chaired the Croson study committee. “Through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion, I and the entire committee are looking forward to expanding access to economic opportunity to all of the city’s residents.”

Posted on: 2016/2/5 13:07
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#33
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4199
Offline
Is the mayor using local minority contractors in his property?

Posted on: 2015/10/23 17:12
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#32
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/11/16 20:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1124
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

I make no assumption but what American history has taught us. Some people have not exactly received a fare shake...

Resized Image


Resized Image
It's amazing how the irony is completely lost on you. This country has had a very long problem with institutionalized systems of advantages and disadvantages in employment and schooling based solely on the color of your skin or your gender.

So now we've decided that the solution is new institutionalized systems of advantages and disadvantages in employment and schooling based solely on the color of your skin or your gender.

It's absolutely unreal.


There are a lot of great ways to offer opportunities to disadvantaged groups that do not involve giving people bonus points and bonus money based on their skin color.


The real solutions to new opportunities for minorities involve working to rid ourselves of poverty through progressive tax systems, better and more affordable healthcare, banking, and schooling, and training programs. Not to mention an end to ridiculous drug laws that just target people (especially the poor and black) and force them to the rotating door that is the prison system. Thankfully we're moving in that direction.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 17:01
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#31
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

Monroe wrote:
Gee, I wonder why professional services end up in the lap of old, white guys? Like Lesniak's law firm. Don't they bid those out? Are there any majority partner black, latino, or Asian law firms or accounting houses?

Funny how sensitive needs like that go to the politically connected, not to minority or lowest bidders.

I agree completely. It's an example of how someone well connected gets a leg up for nothing more than what is in their wallet.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:41
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#30
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Gee, I wonder why professional services end up in the lap of old, white guys? Like Lesniak's law firm. Don't they bid those out? Are there any majority partner black, latino, or Asian law firms or accounting houses?

Funny how sensitive needs like that go to the politically connected, not to minority or lowest bidders.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:32
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/6/16 22:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4199
Offline
If government has the right to take your home for failure to pay taxes, then government has the obligation to make sure it is not wasting your money. The group who is most affected by rising taxes are minorities. Ward F is fulled of foreclosures. Giving higher contracts to certain people is not helping the average homeowner maintain their homes. This is nothing than buying votes.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:26
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#28
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Your problem is that you are taking Pebble, a complete dunce, seriously. You are wasting your time.. Let her make her utterances and noises and just ignore them.

If that makes you feel better about yourself, so be it. Doesn't make you a good or intelligent person...

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:24
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#27
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Pebble:

The bid system has been used state wide for decades. I know.. one of my grunt jobs in my youth was to deliver the bids and sit while they were opened publicly (I had to take notes as to who had better bids for future reference of the boss.

The DCA publishes a handbook on the whole process:

http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/ ... 0Reference%20Handbook.pdf


The threshold is pretty low to allow a purchasing agent to award a job without going to bid. So pretty much any major job is open to public bid. Hard to be "racist" in the awarding for contracts under such a system:

When the cost or price of any contract awarded by
the contracting agent in the aggregate does
not exceed in a contract year the total sum of $17,500, the contract may be awarded by a
purchasing agent or other employee so designated by the governing body when so authorized by
ordinance or resolution, as appropriate to the contracting unit, without public advertising for bids,
except that the governing body of any contracting unit may adopt an ordinance or resolution to set
a lower threshold for the receipt of public bids or the solicitation of competitive quotations. If a
purchasing agent has been appointed, the governing body of the contracting unit may establish that
the bid threshold may be up to $25,000 or the threshold amount adjusted by the Governor pursuant
to subsection c. of this section.



Your problem is that you are taking Pebble, a complete dunce, seriously. You are wasting your time.. Let her make her utterances and noises and just ignore them.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:22
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#26
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Pebble:

The bid system has been used state wide for decades. I know.. one of my grunt jobs in my youth was to deliver the bids and sit while they were opened publicly (I had to take notes as to who had better bids for future reference of the boss.

The DCA publishes a handbook on the whole process:

http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/ ... 0Reference%20Handbook.pdf


The threshold is pretty low to allow a purchasing agent to award a job without going to bid. So pretty much any major job is open to public bid. Hard to be "racist" in the awarding for contracts under such a system:

When the cost or price of any contract awarded by
the contracting agent in the aggregate does
not exceed in a contract year the total sum of $17,500, the contract may be awarded by a
purchasing agent or other employee so designated by the governing body when so authorized by
ordinance or resolution, as appropriate to the contracting unit, without public advertising for bids,
except that the governing body of any contracting unit may adopt an ordinance or resolution to set
a lower threshold for the receipt of public bids or the solicitation of competitive quotations. If a
purchasing agent has been appointed, the governing body of the contracting unit may establish that
the bid threshold may be up to $25,000 or the threshold amount adjusted by the Governor pursuant
to subsection c. of this section.


Absolutely. It's been around for quite some time. Are you denying that there are no-bid contracts as well...?

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:20
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#25
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2148
Offline
Pebble:

The bid system has been used state wide for decades. I know.. one of my grunt jobs in my youth was to deliver the bids and sit while they were opened publicly (I had to take notes as to who had better bids for future reference of the boss.

The DCA publishes a handbook on the whole process:

http://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/dlgs/ ... 0Reference%20Handbook.pdf


The threshold is pretty low to allow a purchasing agent to award a job without going to bid. So pretty much any major job is open to public bid. Hard to be "racist" in the awarding for contracts under such a system:

When the cost or price of any contract awarded by
the contracting agent in the aggregate does
not exceed in a contract year the total sum of $17,500, the contract may be awarded by a
purchasing agent or other employee so designated by the governing body when so authorized by
ordinance or resolution, as appropriate to the contracting unit, without public advertising for bids,
except that the governing body of any contracting unit may adopt an ordinance or resolution to set
a lower threshold for the receipt of public bids or the solicitation of competitive quotations. If a
purchasing agent has been appointed, the governing body of the contracting unit may establish that
the bid threshold may be up to $25,000 or the threshold amount adjusted by the Governor pursuant
to subsection c. of this section.


Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:18
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#24
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
"Progressives" do not care about merit. They care about "social justice," which for them comes in the form of remedying perceived past injustices which current people had no involvement with.

In practice, their "social justice" consists of slamming white men whenever possible and giving handouts to their preferred (not all) minorities. Funny that the Chinese were heavily persecuted and discriminated against when they came here, yet "progressives" push for affirmative action programs which harm Asians most of all.

Stop blaming your personal failings on those with different political views. The irony that you can't take responsibility for your own inability to get ahead is off the charts.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:18
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#23
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Of course there is...
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check the numbers on salaries by race as well.


Asians (in particular those originating from North East parts of Asia like Korea & Japan) generally have lower unemployment rates, higher salaries, and lower rates of violent crime than Whites. Is this a sign of discrimination against White people?

Or are you considering 'equality' to be equality in outcomes?

Do you think black people are earning less because they deserve less?

Quote:

caj11 wrote:
What happens if a contractor is partnership where one partner is white and the other partner is a minority? Is it a "minority-owned" contractor then? How about three partners, with 2 of them white and 1 of them a minority? How is it classified then?

Sorry, I just hate this concept. If the contractor's work is good, they get paid and hired for other city contracts. Their ethnicity should be irrelevant. Only their work quality and what they charge should matter. This policy was a total disaster in Washington, DC some years ago when then-mayor Sharon Pratt Kelly required that 50% of all city contract funds go to minority-owned contractors, and she even said that enriching the minorities was a higher priority than the quality of work done for the city.

If your work is good, then no special preferences should be necessary.

Yes, in a fair and equitable society, this would be correct. However, it never has been and lots of stereotypes persisted.

One example from years ago was that women could not play the violin. It was thought that they couldn’t play classical music. Routinely they would be routinely turned down for orchestra jobs. Ultimately, it took for someone to wear a blindfold while listening to an audition before women started to break through in the industry. Now, we don’t really think about it much.

Similar situations persisted in football. The standard set was that the black players couldn’t be quarterback. Then they couldn’t be head coaches. If the NFL didn’t institute a policy about interviewing minorities, many of those hired may never have been looked at.

Considering all of the examples that are pervasive in American society, I fail to understand why people get upset over the idea that minorities might actually be given a chance to show how good many of them can be at their craft.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:17
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#22
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2012/11/10 15:38
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2910
Offline
"Progressives" do not care about merit. They care about "social justice," which for them comes in the form of remedying perceived past injustices which current people had no involvement with.

In practice, their "social justice" consists of slamming white men whenever possible and giving handouts to their preferred groups of (not all) minorities. Funny that the Chinese were heavily persecuted and discriminated against when they came here, for decades, yet "progressives" push for affirmative action programs which harm Asians most of all.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:16
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#21
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/30 21:03
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1127
Offline
What happens if a contractor is partnership where one partner is white and the other partner is a minority? Is it a "minority-owned" contractor then? How about three partners, with 2 of them white and 1 of them a minority? How is it classified then?

Sorry, I just hate this concept. If the contractor's work is good, they get paid and hired for other city contracts. Their ethnicity should be irrelevant. Only their work quality and what they charge should matter. This policy was a total disaster in Washington, DC some years ago when then-mayor Sharon Pratt Kelly required that 50% of all city contract funds go to minority-owned contractors, and she even said that enriching the minorities was a higher priority than the quality of work done for the city.

If your work is good, then no special preferences should be necessary.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:07
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#20
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

MDM wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...



Government work tends to be done by bids with the cost of labor subject to prevailing wage (government sets the minimum wages.. which are pretty damn high).

The bids are opened and read at a public meeting. Here are the ones for Jersey City:

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/pub-contracts.aspx


BTW: a way around the women owned requirement is for a contractor to open another company with his wife as the owner. This is fairly common. Its a bonus if the wife happens to not be White nor Asian as it hits the minority requirement as well.

Prevailing wage for construction related work is here:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wage ... _wage_determinations.html

It’s not done exclusively and it has not always been done this way.

Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Have you never been part of a company's hiring practice?


I have.

Quote:

Are you completely ignoring the racist posts on this message board?


Not sure if serious. Using selective message board posts as basis for an argument for institutional racism? A scientist, you are not.

Quote:

It isn't everyone out there, but there is still enough people out there who won't hire minorities for certain jobs. It took a practice like this for the NFL to actually get a few black head coaches.

Ignoring the fact that racism still exists doesn't make it go away.


I never ignored racism, Mr. Strawman. Was just asking you to adequately back up your statements.

If you’ve been a part of hiring practices, you’re well aware of what goes through many when making the decision.

I am not using selective message board posts to prove anything other than racism exists. The fact that it has and still does exist in the workplace seems to be something you’re denying.

If you’ve not ignored racism then I’m not sure why you’re asking for evidence of racism.

It isn’t possible to prove a negative. I can’t go back through the list and see why one wasn’t given a job. However, it’s well established that race has played a role as backed by any and all job statistics.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:05
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/5/15 10:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4099
Offline
Racism charges get tossed around pretty easily on message boards, of course. I saw a guy get hounded as a racist because he liked NASCAR racing, and you know, some people fly Confederate flags in the infield, so anyone liking NASCAR was racist!

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:02
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#18
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2148
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

Of course there is...
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check the numbers on salaries by race as well.


Asians (in particular those originating from North East parts of Asia like Korea & Japan) generally have lower unemployment rates, higher salaries, and lower rates of violent crime than Whites. Is this a sign of discrimination against White people?

Or are you considering 'equality' to be equality in outcomes?

Posted on: 2015/10/23 16:00
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#17
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

I make no assumption but what American history has taught us. Some people have not exactly received a fare shake...

Resized Image


Resized Image


Ah, so no evidence about what's happening today then? Ok.

Of course there is...
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check the numbers on salaries by race as well.

Have you never been part of a company's hiring practice?


I have.

Quote:

Are you completely ignoring the racist posts on this message board?


Not sure if serious. Using selective message board posts as basis for an argument for institutional racism? A scientist, you are not.

Quote:

It isn't everyone out there, but there is still enough people out there who won't hire minorities for certain jobs. It took a practice like this for the NFL to actually get a few black head coaches.

Ignoring the fact that racism still exists doesn't make it go away.


I never ignored racism, Mr. Strawman. Was just asking you to adequately back up your statements.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:55
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#16
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/7/9 7:16
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2148
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...



Government work tends to be done by bids with the cost of labor subject to prevailing wage (government sets the minimum wages.. which are pretty damn high).

The bids are opened and read at a public meeting. Here are the ones for Jersey City:

http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/pub-contracts.aspx


BTW: a way around the women owned requirement is for a contractor to open another company with his wife as the owner. This is fairly common. Its a bonus if the wife happens to not be White nor Asian as it hits the minority requirement as well.

Prevailing wage for construction related work is here:

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wage ... _wage_determinations.html

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:49
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#15
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

I make no assumption but what American history has taught us. Some people have not exactly received a fare shake...

Resized Image


Resized Image


Ah, so no evidence about what's happening today then? Ok.

Of course there is...
Bureau of Labor Statistics. Check the numbers on salaries by race as well.

Have you never been part of a company's hiring practice? Are you completely ignoring the racist posts on this message board?It isn't everyone out there, but there is still enough people out there who won't hire minorities for certain jobs. It took a practice like this for the NFL to actually get a few black head coaches.

Ignoring the fact that racism still exists doesn't make it go away.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:47
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

I make no assumption but what American history has taught us. Some people have not exactly received a fare shake...

Resized Image


Resized Image


Ah, so no evidence about what's happening today then? Ok.

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:40
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#13
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

WhoElseCouldIBe wrote:
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

I make no assumption but what American history has taught us. Some people have not exactly received a fare shake...

Resized Image


Resized Image

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:18
Dos A Cero
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#12
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2011/11/30 7:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1776
Offline
Quote:

Pebble wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Good to see that people are not being judged by the quality of their work or the content of their character, but by the color of their skin.

You assume that people were getting jobs before based on their quality of work and not the color of their skin or who they know...


And you'd assume that based on what?

Posted on: 2015/10/23 15:10
Print Top


Re: Jersey City aims to increase diversity of city contractors
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2013/3/29 17:43
From Bergen Hill
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1884
Offline
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Fair point. Still, I don't think their ideology was this bad even 10 years ago. Something's changed.

The only thing that has changed is that the left has shifted further right. However, you remain uneducated...

Posted on: 2015/10/23 14:56
Dos A Cero
Print Top




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017