Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Referendum on moving JC elections is misleading, lawsuit says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The final budget was $540 million not $535 million. Regardless, of anyone's math, Fulop has been hiring more people giving raises, took the MUA money and have increased fees/fines. He did not do zero based budgeting as he promised. Plus, Fulop is bonding for terminal leave which increases our debt.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 16:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Just to clear up the budget numbers(sorry CatDog) ?.

2013: Healy/Matsikoudis introduces a phony $486 million budget before the May 2013 election. Just like Healy/Matsikoudis did for the 3 years leading up to every mayoral election. Hitting all of us with a whopper of a Healy/Matsikoudis tax increase after the election.

2013: Fulop wins the election and exposes the Healy/Matsikoudis budget scam.

2013: Fulop after one month in office is forced to raise taxes 7.6% to cover a $513 million budget because of the Healy/Matsikoudis phony budget shortfall. Boggiano (believe it or not) even says the tax increase was not Fulop?s fault.

2014: a $516 million budget is passed with a 2.3% tax decrease.

2015: a $535 million budget is passed with no tax increase.

Also does anyone have a copy of the wording of the ballot question that Healy/ Matsikoudis is taking a hissy fit over? I am assuming it is because it contains the words ?voter fatigue? and ?saving taxpayer?s money?. Which BTW as the jj commenter pointed out numerous times is in the wording of the actual NJ State Bill. So why can?t it be used in the ballot question?

Gee I guess the 2017 NJ Governor?s race is really going to be packed with mayoral candidates. Just look up the list of municipalities that moved their non-partisan elections from May to November. Hey Healy/Matsikoudis is Mayor Zimmer running for Governor also?

Posted on: 2015/10/10 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Imho some of the arguments have merit. I think an election in November with instant runoff as in done on other countries would save taxpayer money. It may also provide interesting outcomes on less politicized figures (independents!) that may be considered as number 2 choice across a wide spectrum of the electorate. It should not be difficult to reprogram the machines to elect choices number one two etc. If not, then I am fine with paper ballots.

I don't get what you mean about instead runoff. There will still be a runoff if needed. Their compliant is that a December runoff would be too cold and dark for seniors and they will not come out to vote. (believe it or not)

"If elections move to November, the runoff would be in early December, leading to a "potentially dramatic drop in voter turnout," the plaintiffs say."

Posted on: 2015/10/10 15:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Imho some of the arguments have merit. I think an election in November with instant runoff as in done on other countries would save taxpayer money. It may also provide interesting outcomes on less politicized figures (independents!) that may be considered as number 2 choice across a wide spectrum of the electorate. It should not be difficult to reprogram the machines to elect choices number one two etc. If not, then I am fine with paper ballots.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 15:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCMan8 wrote:
Quote:

CatDog wrote:
Before I clicked the topic, I thought "I bet Yvonne is behind this."

Thank you Yvonne, for saving us all from the perils of having a well attended election. I look forward to hearing you complain about how much money the city is spending on lawyers for this suit.

Curious, if Yvonne wins, what will you say then?
I'll still be annoyed. The referendum is going to pass, no matter how much teeth gnashing Yvonne does. All she is accomplishing with this lawsuit is wasting taxpayer money on the lawsuit and on re-printing costs. All because of a conspiracy theory she has about Fulop using it to game elections.

edit: Also, this thread is about Yvonne's lawsuit against the city over moving elections to November. Let's not get sidetracked into Healy vs Fulop budgets.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Frinjc wrote:
Let me repeat it again... What was the increase in ratable during these 3 years? Budget as %ratable comparison would also be nice.

Don't hold your breath too long.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
For all the increases in the budget, we are still bonding for terminal leave. Something Fulop criticized Healy for, I don't know why, the budget increased $50 million under his watch. He is adding more job titles and giving more raises. Whatever happened to his campaign promise of zero based budgeting? Also, Fulop has lucked out, some important abatements passed when Schundler was mayor have expired so the ratable based increase, yet even with that gift, Fulop is still spending!

Posted on: 2015/10/10 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Let me repeat it again... What was the increase in ratable during these 3 years? Budget as %ratable comparison would also be nice.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Really no tax hikes? How many fines/fees did Fulop increased? The answer is many. He also took $31.5 in over payments of MUA money slated for the ratepayer. Even from 2014 to 2015, the budget went up $17 million. I am talking spending. Spending has skyrocket under Fulop, he is just using the fine monies and MUA funds to plug the budget hole. Let's get real, that is a tax increase.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 2:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
The last budget from Healy was $490 million, the last Fulop budget was $540 million an increase of $50 million in 3 years. If we are talking money, I think Fulop should cough up $50 million in spending.

Wait wasn?t the 490 million Healy budget the phony one he put out right before the election so he could say he didn?t raise taxes in 3 years? Like he did in previous elections but raised taxes within a year of being elected/reelected. I recall soon to be Mayor Fulop called him out on his 4 year scam.

Jersey City mayor presents budget with no tax hike; rival warns of 'massive increase' next year

on February 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM

?In the last two elections when he was running for mayor, Healy kept taxes flat, only to clobber residents with a massive increase after the election,? Fulop said in a statement from his campaign. ?This is just another sad example of Healy putting his own interests ahead of the residents?.?

The tax rate spiked more than 20 percent in 2010, the year after Healy?s last election victory, and it rose roughly 20 percent the year after Healy?s 2005 election win, according to tax documents provided by the city.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_mayor_presents_bud.html

Posted on: 2015/10/10 0:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
And what was the increase in the ratable during these 3 years?

Posted on: 2015/10/10 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The last budget from Healy was $490 million, the last Fulop budget was $540 million an increase of $50 million in 3 years. If we are talking money, I think Fulop should cough up $50 million in spending.

Posted on: 2015/10/10 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CatDog wrote:

Thank you Yvonne, for saving us all from the perils of having a well attended election. I look forward to hearing you complain about how much money the city is spending on lawyers for this suit.

Curious, if Yvonne wins, what will you say then?

Posted on: 2015/10/10 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/10 0:00

Referendum on moving JC elections is misleading, lawsuit says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Referendum on moving Jersey City elections is misleading, lawsuit says

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
on October 09, 2015 at 2:32 PM, updated October 09, 2015 at 4:42 PM

JERSEY CITY ? The language of a non-binding referendum asking voters whether the city's elections should move from May to November is vague, misleading and contains inappropriate advocacy, a new lawsuit alleges.

The lawsuit, filed today in Hudson County Superior Court by a group of prominent critics of Mayor Steve Fulop, whose administration is behind the referendum, seeks to amend the language of the public question to make it more neutral.

The five plaintiffs are Yvonne Balcer, Pat McCarthy, Josephine Paige, Mia Scanga and former Councilwoman Viola Richardson. There are represented by Bill Matsikoudis, a former top city attorney under Fulop's predecessor and political rival, Jerramiah Healy.

A Fulop administration official told The Jersey Journal that the identities of the plaintiffs and their attorney reveal the true purpose of the suit.

Jj piece?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... unlawfu.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2015/10/9 22:29

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact