Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: What is up with RIVEREDGE MANAGEMENT?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/1 3:02
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jerseymom wrote:
I would think this is an imminent threat to health and safety. No electric means no heat - no Co2 or fire detectors if they are tied to your panel, no proper refrigeration for food, etc. I would call the fire department, police and health department emergency numbers asap. I would also call the Red Cross to see if they could help. You are being housed in a dangerous location at this point. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Wow.

I would also go to the press immediately. Try the NY press first - like Channel 11 or 9 - they're usually very responsive to stories like this.

Edit - this is the same outfit that was in charge of the building where the fire escapes fell off during a fire. The fire department will be very interested your situation - call them - they're a good group of guys.

Source

I remember when the fire escapes fell off. The building had a million code violations. And the fire escape was completely deteriorated. But that kind of deterioration took years. No one ever answered how it passed inspection in the past.

And apparently, the City didn't impose any meaningful consequences on them whatsoever so they are still up to slumlord tricks. I thought the point of paying taxes to the JC government was so they do their jobs and go after landlords like this. What's going on here?

Posted on: 2015/10/9 21:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I would think this is an imminent threat to health and safety. No electric means no heat - no Co2 or fire detectors if they are tied to your panel, no proper refrigeration for food, etc. I would call the fire department, police and health department emergency numbers asap. I would also call the Red Cross to see if they could help. You are being housed in a dangerous location at this point. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Wow.

I would also go to the press immediately. Try the NY press first - like Channel 11 or 9 - they're usually very responsive to stories like this.

Edit - this is the same outfit that was in charge of the building where the fire escapes fell off during a fire. The fire department will be very interested your situation - call them - they're a good group of guys.

Source

Posted on: 2015/10/9 19:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
File a complaint with the Board of Public Utilities in NJ. They are responsive can help you get the power back on, especially if the party responsible for electricity bill is the property management company, or if the metering equipment is incorrectly labeled.

http://www.bpu.state.nj.us/

Also as a tip, in my experience, telling PSEG that there is a baby residing in the apartment can get the power turned back on or at least turned back on more quickly. Hint: I've never lived with a baby.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 19:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry this is happening to you, that sounds pretty awful.

Try calling the city office of Tenant-Landlord Relations, 201-547-5127.

I don't know what they can do, but I'd start there. And call today, because chances are they will be out on Monday, which is Columbus Day.

Posted on: 2015/10/9 18:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
I bet the management wants to empty the building, do you and the other tenants pay market rate rent?

Posted on: 2015/10/9 18:01

What is up with RIVEREDGE MANAGEMENT?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/16 18:24
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
They bought my building (2866 JFK Blvd) 10 months ago.
Since then stopped paying for electric (and charging me for my part of the bill) so it was finally shut off 5 days ago for the whole building.
PSE&G says I have to transfer building's account to my name and pay outstanding balance of $2000 if I want the power back on.
I do not want to do it because there are 2 apartments and common area (hallway) on this same account.

There's no PSE&G meter in my apartment but some custom meter installed by pervious landlord. Previous maintenance would come to my apartment once a month and read(eyeball) the meter number.
I used to have electric bill added to my rent.

The landlord RIVEREDGE MANAGEMENT is very slow to respond to any of my requests. You cannot call them directly, you can only leave the message with third party.
I left 6 messages with this service already.

What are my options here? Cold shower and rotten food for the rest of my lease?

Thank you,
Alex

Posted on: 2015/10/9 15:35

Edited by alex_buz on 2015/10/9 15:51:19
Edited by alex_buz on 2015/10/9 15:58:50
Edited by alex_buz on 2015/10/9 16:01:28

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me