Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Our politicians are selling JC to developers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
As the first president of Van Vorst Park Association, I can say the city did nothing to invest, it was individual homeowners. The city then opened up abandoned buildings to the public at city hall. Public bidding happened and many brownstones that were abandoned went for as little as $500.00. These folks did not receive any tax abatements, in fact they paid the taxes on the property. The same thing can happen in other parts of the city. Stop giving everything away to developers. JC is for sale which artificially drives up the cost of housing. Fulop is always talking about affordable housing, this is displacing the small homeowner and renter when developers move in. Now everything is package for the Redevelopment Agency who picks the developers.

Posted on: 2015/10/8 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
i find it laughable to jc politicians want to lure people across the hudson but they don't want to provide many of the required amenities that many people want.....such as parks, etc.

I've been saying this for years. what are desirable neighborhoods? Hamilton PARK, Van Vorst PARK. They're building a brand new residential neighborhood on upper Jersey Ave, with no PARK. I recall the city sold the land it owned there to plug the perennial budget hole. Genius.

Posted on: 2015/10/8 18:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
while development is good, jc gives too much to developers and gets little in return. and , imo, steve fulop is just perpetuating what healy...perhaps to a slightly lesser degree.

i find it laughable to jc politicians want to lure people across the hudson but they don't want to provide many of the required amenities that many people want.....such as parks, etc.

Posted on: 2015/10/8 18:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/9/21 23:51
Group:
Registered Users
Okay so this is to try and get business to invest in Jersey City, I assume this is a bad thing and Fulop is to blame?

You want everything to be like it was like 100 years ago and never develop and everything stays a sh*thole?

Posted on: 2015/10/8 18:27

Our politicians are selling JC to developers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/10/8 18:04

[Advanced Search]

Login