Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Obgyn for pregnancy
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/18 19:10
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I used Brescia and Miggliaccio for my first, and while most of the docs in the practice are really nice, some are downright incompetent. Because they are a group practice, it's luck of the draw who delivers you when you go into labor. I had a horrible experience I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Now using Yousry for my second. He is really really nice and I feel really comforted by his expertise. But his wait times are SO long. I've seen him four or five times so far and each time I've had to wait close to 3 hours, except the last time, when I waited 1.5 hours (they were running on schedule that day apparently). So basically by the time he enters the room, I am about to have a stroke from boredom and frustration and I swear I'm going to switch docs but then he makes me feel all better again with his bedside manner. Idk if I can stick with the practice through to the end ... just thought I'd warn y'all.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 17:21

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/8/16 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
My doc in the city stopped delivering babies and I had to find someone quick, the only referral she could give me was in the UES. I delivered at Jersey City Medical Center a few years ago and had a good experience and still see the same doc, Dr. Yousry @ Liberty Women - http://libertywomen.com/. He also has a female partner now in the office, Dr. Muhammed.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 14:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
My second one was an emergency C-section (also easy pregnancy with no hint of trouble). My son is alive because my OB's quick action and the fabulous NICU team at Cornell- NY Hospital. It's worth the trip. My doc, who delivered both my children, is on 5th Avenue at 75th and I won't switch until he retires.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 12:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users
Dr. Brescia and his affiliate doctors in Hoboken. They deliver at Englewood, which is a stellar labor and delivery hospital.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 1:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Having worked in a hospital for a bunch of years during college I can tell you: it's all about the quality of the NICU...and I would recommend that you deliver the baby in NYC, rather than in JC or Hoboken hospitals.

Well said. Having had two emergency c-sections (after great pregnancies and not a hint of trouble), I can tell you most definitely that you want to deliver in a top-notch facility with the best NICU. Hudson County just doesn't cut it. I had my first at NYU Downtown (meh). My second was a premie and almost died if it wasn't for the wonderful team at Hackensack University Medical Center. They have a top notch NICU and dedicated pediatric emergency room.

Dr. Manny Alvarez is the best - as well as the other docs in his team.

It's what you don't expect that you have to be ready for. Don't be swayed by the pretty birthing suite, the dinner for you and your partner, the menu presentations or the comfortable furniture. At the end of the day, you want to be able to bring your child home, as healthy as they can be.

And stay away from St. Mary's in Hoboken. I just heard a horror delivery story from a summer birth that I'm not able to repeat because of litigation. But it was an awful tragedy.

Posted on: 2015/10/1 0:57

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks everyone!

Posted on: 2015/10/1 0:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

HamiltonParker wrote:
Having worked in a hospital for a bunch of years during college I can tell you: it's all about the quality of the NICU...and I would recommend that you deliver the baby in NYC, rather than in JC or Hoboken hospitals. I sailed through my pregnancy, running and biking 5 miles/day but then suffered several complications in the delivery room and things escalated very quickly. I hemoroghed twice, fell into shock, had to be coded and narrowly avoided an emergency hysterectomy after a good old fashioned, vaginal delivery. I credit Columbia Presbyterian's staff with saving my life.
With regard to pediatrician's...maybe your next question...you'll want to see which hospitals they are affiliated with and whether/not they have a dedicated pediatric emergency room. Babies and kids are not "little grow us" when it comes to emergency treatment and I continue to be amazed at smart folks who use "Hoboken University" hospital when there's no "university" behind it.
Good luck & you have plenty of time to travel during labor.

Wow, that's a terrifying story. Glad it was OK. Our 2nd was delivered at "St Mary's" but she basically dropped out. The maternity facility there was newly renovated at the time 13 years ago, and much nicer than St Vincent's where my son was born. Apparently all it takes to add "university" to your hospital name is have a single residency program. Dr Brescia is a great OB-GYN in Hoboken, but, it's Hoboken, and I don't know where else he has privileges.

I can say THE BEST ped anywhere is Dr Joshua Rosenblatt at Newark Beth Israel. He is the perfect combination of thorough but not alarmist. I think he's now the head of peds there. Yes, it's crappy hood, but they do have a ped emergency room, that we thankfully have used only once. We walked in with a wheezing toddler and he was immediately whisked away with a cry of "infant in respiratory distress!".

Posted on: 2015/10/1 0:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/7 17:42
Group:
Registered Users
Having worked in a hospital for a bunch of years during college I can tell you: it's all about the quality of the NICU...and I would recommend that you deliver the baby in NYC, rather than in JC or Hoboken hospitals. I sailed through my pregnancy, running and biking 5 miles/day but then suffered several complications in the delivery room and things escalated very quickly. I hemoroghed twice, fell into shock, had to be coded and narrowly avoided an emergency hysterectomy after a good old fashioned, vaginal delivery. I credit Columbia Presbyterian's staff with saving my life.
With regard to pediatrician's...maybe your next question...you'll want to see which hospitals they are affiliated with and whether/not they have a dedicated pediatric emergency room. Babies and kids are not "little grow us" when it comes to emergency treatment and I continue to be amazed at smart folks who use "Hoboken University" hospital when there's no "university" behind it.
Good luck & you have plenty of time to travel during labor.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
I went to NYU hospital around 33rd street for my delivery. It actually wasn't hard to get there. I'd still recommend it (although my last delivery there was 7 years ago

I've heard mixed reviews about the Jersey City Medical center over the years.

Between JC, Hoboken and NYC, there are quite a number of hospital options, so I'd recommend you do all the hospital tours and see which one you're comfortable with, and then pick the OBGYN that's associated with that hospital.

Posted on: 2015/9/30 23:43

Obgyn for pregnancy
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/5/28 11:18
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have recommendation for obgyn in the area? Where do people go for hospitals and doctors if you're pregnant and living in Downtown? There don't appear to be a lot of choices around. Do people go over to downtown Manhattan?

Posted on: 2015/9/30 23:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017