Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Permit Parking in Zone 2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/28 0:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
At least I use my real. name when I present an issue, what phony.

Why do we need to know anyone's name or identify? What do you get out of someone telling you that they have a common name? Do you want a picture and resume posted too?!! Lol

Posted on: 2015/9/24 11:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
At least I use my real. name when I present an issue, what phony.

Posted on: 2015/9/24 6:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/8 0:52
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jmiz wrote:

Quote:

Yvonne wrote: Your advice do not make sense in Zone 2 which is larger than Hoboken.

What doesn't make sense? Taking a taxi? Using a metered spot so you can park as long as you'd like as long as you feed the meter? Not using a doctor in Zone 2 if it's "ANTI-FAMILY" (which is the funniest thing I've heard all day, thanks for that one). The only thing that doesn't make sense is you. 

Quote:

People use street parking if their garage door is out or they must take care of family business. It is no wonder people here do not use their real names, their statements would be an embarrassment to family and friends.

Why should the city accomodate a parking garage door problem on PRIVATE PROPERTY? Who gives a shit if your garage door is not working. Take it up with whatever board operates your property. Instead, you bitch that Zone 2 is not accomodating of your private property issue. Go do what every other person in the city does: find a non-zoned spot, find a private lot, or god-forbid, you keep your car in the garage for the day and use public transit or a taxi.

If Yvonne's life is inconvenienced for one day, she's at the City Hall the next day crying about how unfair the city is. Tough shit, grow up already. Not physically, either -- mentally. 

+100

Posted on: 2015/9/21 17:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you building has 5 units or greater, you are correct Captain. My suggestion place your name on the council list and/or email the city council.

Posted on: 2015/9/21 16:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/25 12:21
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. I'm in a building where there aren't any available spots for rent. How does that work? Am I not going to be able to get a pass when I look to renew next year?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I focused on Zone 2 because it is the largest in JC, it has more of an impact but the ordinance applies to all zones.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 15:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/11 14:10
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
What about the other parking zones ?

Those long waits for service and deaths happen all over the city we call Chill Town.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
jmiz wrote:

Quote:

Yvonne wrote: Your advice do not make sense in Zone 2 which is larger than Hoboken.

What doesn't make sense? Taking a taxi? Using a metered spot so you can park as long as you'd like as long as you feed the meter? Not using a doctor in Zone 2 if it's "ANTI-FAMILY" (which is the funniest thing I've heard all day, thanks for that one). The only thing that doesn't make sense is you. 

Quote:

People use street parking if their garage door is out or they must take care of family business. It is no wonder people here do not use their real names, their statements would be an embarrassment to family and friends.

Why should the city accomodate a parking garage door problem on PRIVATE PROPERTY? Who gives a shit if your garage door is not working. Take it up with whatever board operates your property. Instead, you bitch that Zone 2 is not accomodating of your private property issue. Go do what every other person in the city does: find a non-zoned spot, find a private lot, or god-forbid, you keep your car in the garage for the day and use public transit or a taxi.

If Yvonne's life is inconvenienced for one day, she's at the City Hall the next day crying about how unfair the city is. Tough shit, grow up already. Not physically, either -- mentally. 

Why should I have to pay for a taxi when a person living in a 4 or less family building with parking garage is entitled to zone 2 parking? I stand by statement. This is discrimination, a higher burden is placed on people who live in 5 or more units. The people with garages did not cause this problem. At the last council meeting a 19 unit building got a 20 year tax abatement, it has only 5 parking spaces. Did I cause the problem or the city?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

papadage wrote:
I pay born in this town, pay taxes, own a car, and have a garage in Zone 2. I still have a sticker so I can park elsewhere in the zone.

What the heck is the matter with you?

Then you are exempt for the ordinance that Osborne and Fulop are pushing. It is only aimed at buildings with 5 or more units. It does not effect buildings with 4 units or less with parking. They are entitled with zone two permits. It is city ordinance 15.117 that was passed at the September 9th council meeting. Apparently, the parking authority gave parking permits but now that the parking authority is merged with the police department, they will not. In case you live in a 5 unit or greater building, you will not have a permit when it expires.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Quote:

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
I pay born in this town, pay taxes, own a car, and have a garage in Zone 2. I still have a sticker so I can park elsewhere in the zone.

What the heck is the matter with you?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 14:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Your advice do not make sense in Zone 2 which is larger than Hoboken. It is obvious you do not have a very sick mother who is frail and her doctor is in zone 2. And you are in the office more than 2 hours. This zone is anti-family. You only have to worry about yourselves. What a bunch of selfish people on this blog. I pay taxes to this city and I will state the problem. The city did not follow its own ordinance of requiring new construction to have parking and this ordinance is only for 5 units or greater. If you live in a multi-family building but pay for private parking, you get zone parking, if you live in a 4 or less unit building with parking, you still get a zone parking. People use street parking if their garage door is out or they must take care of family business. It is no wonder people here do not use their real names, their statements would be an embarrassment to family and friends.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

Yvonne wrote: People have medical treatments in that ward that is longer than 2 hours. Should those taxpayers people have boots on their car getting dialysis or attending a wake of a relative?.

Yes, because the person parked longer than two hours. Should the city put up parking signs that say "PARKING 2 HOUR LIMIT EXCEPT THOSE GETTING MEDICAL TREATMENT OR ATTENDING A WAKE." I hope you get ticketed every time because these are your options that you're too stupid to explore on your own:

• Walk to the wake. It's good exercise, and it might make you live longer. The person that you're attending the wake for should have listened to the same advice.
  • Take a taxi! A taxi is cheaper than getting your car unbooted.
  • Use a metered spot on or near Central. Chances are the businesses you're patronizing are on or near this street anyway.
  • Change your doctor to one that has their own parking lot if the one you currently attend is inconvenient.

I hope Zone 2 stays just like it is for the rest of your life. 

Posted on: 2015/9/20 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/6 14:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Banned
A zone sticker costs $15 per year, and is free for seniors.

What a crock.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
Yes, I do have a garage and as my husband said in the video, the garage needs maintenance to fix the car elevator and garage door. It takes the whole day to do maintenance, so people park in the street, but if you saw the video, Zone 2 is larger than any section of JC and the city of Hoboken. People have medical treatments in that ward that is longer than 2 hours. Should those taxpayers people have boots on their car getting dialysis or attending a wake of a relative? The city created this problem, the city should fix this problem. You don't fix the problem by granting more development with less than adequate parking space.

So what are your parameters for issuing zone 2 stickers ?

Posted on: 2015/9/20 2:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, I do have a garage and as my husband said in the video, the garage needs maintenance to fix the car elevator and garage door. It takes the whole day to do maintenance, so people park in the street, but if you saw the video, Zone 2 is larger than any section of JC and the city of Hoboken. People have medical treatments in that ward that is longer than 2 hours. Should those taxpayers people have boots on their car getting dialysis or attending a wake of a relative? The city created this problem, the city should fix this problem. You don't fix the problem by granting more development with less than adequate parking space.

Posted on: 2015/9/20 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From JC
Group:
Registered Users
Nah, you got a garage and want to hog spaces on the street ?

next question.

Posted on: 2015/9/19 21:07

Permit Parking in Zone 2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2015/9/19 17:20

[Advanced Search]